Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tira and Voldo are back?! whee

Now all there's left is Talim, and Amy............

I'm loving the new outfits though, especially Tira's hair. I hope they bring back Character creation like it was in SC3 with the shops and stuff, I heard a rumor that they might be bringing the original SC3 weapon classes back, with the wave sword and the other weapons, but no more unlockables (I hope this is not true).

Fashionable Vampire

Cthulhi

I'm loving the new outfits though, especially Tira's hair. I hope they bring back Character creation like it was in SC3 with the shops and stuff, I heard a rumor that they might be bringing the original SC3 weapon classes back, with the wave sword and the other weapons, but no more unlockables (I hope this is not true).

I heard that Character Creation is coming back.
If they made the layering system like SC3, but with the features from SC4 and BD with more stuff, I am set.

Browser

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I believe Amy and Talim will be coming back, considering their fanbase. Maybe Astorath and Seung Mina, but I'm not sure about who else.
Is it just me, or does it look like Tira isn't as psycho anymore? She's got like..Sophitia colors now.

Maybe with the loss of Nightmare/souledge in SC4, she loses her psycho side or something?

Sparkly Punk

10,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Sifen Yamishi
Cthulhi

I heard that Character Creation is coming back.
If they made the layering system like SC3, but with the features from SC4 and BD with more stuff, I am set.

Add in the fighting styles from SC3 and I'll be happy, too.

Degalon3
Is it just me, or does it look like Tira isn't as psycho anymore? She's got like..Sophitia colors now.

Maybe with the loss of Nightmare/souledge in SC4, she loses her psycho side or something?

It's just you, because her hair is white with purple and pink streaks, she's wearing an altered version of her SCIV P2 outfit, and the opening of her critical edge, where she makes the cut-throat gesture, uses some of the same effects as her Critical Finish, i.e. the pink hearts. I'd say she's still pretty touched.

Fashionable Vampire

New Daishi Tweets!

Daishi just confirmed that the Chie mentioned in Natsu's profile is indeed the exact same one that who Li Long had a child with AND was Taki's childhood friend.

One of the staffers from Team Soul[From what it looks like] will be dressed up as Pyrrah at the Tokyo Game Show!

Daishi said that his producer is out at GamesCom this week, hoping for more info to be dropped or he'll leak something again. [More details to be revealed?]

He's saying we might be able to play as Tira at the TGS demo!

If you want fight pads and/or fight sticks, Daishi said we might be getting some!

As far as general roster is concerned, it looks like we have 8 new characters and 5 veterans left to be revealed.
Or I could be wrong.

Fashionable Vampire

Media dump from Kotaku.com and the French site Gamekult.com this morning:

Gamekult.com[360 Site]

Gamekult.com[PS3 Site]

Renders For Hilde, Maxi, Tira and Voldo[Kotaku.com]

Fashionable Vampire

Fashionable Vampire

Fashionable Vampire

Do we want to put up a little snippet of info about the characters who are not coming back?

And blurb from GamesCom:
http://www.xg247.co.uk/news/08/soul-calibur-ivs-hilde-point-of-shame-for-namco-fixed-for-scv/

Fashionable Vampire

Tago-san interview posted on 8wayrun.com:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/interview-with-tago-san-about-soulcalibur-v-balancing-and-more.7969/

Spoilers:
Huge hint that Algol might be coming back
Guest characters revealed fall/winter

Sparkly Punk

10,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Sifen Yamishi
Tago-san interview posted on 8wayrun.com:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/interview-with-tago-san-about-soulcalibur-v-balancing-and-more.7969/

Thanks! I'll put it on front page.

Quote:
Spoilers:
Huge hint that Algol might be coming back
Guest characters revealed fall/winter

********. THAT.

Sparkly Punk

10,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Cthulhi
I heard a rumor that they might be bringing the original SC3 weapon classes back, with the wave sword and the other weapons, but no more unlockables (I hope this is not true).

Where'd you hear this?
Technicolor Checkerboard

Where'd you hear this?

I forgot, I was googling something about Tira (or maybe it was Voldo?) and an interview popped up and they were talking to someone on the Project Soul team ,and they asked him if they were bringing the SC3 character creation back, and the guy just smirked and said "You're in luck" or something like that.
I can't find it though unfortunately. :c

Fashionable Vampire

Picture from Twitter supposedly reveals a new character or so:
http://twitpic.com/67344s/full

More GamesCom 2k11 Coverage:
http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/soulcalibur5preview.html#.Tk8m0Tt571x

Nightmare is officially confirmed, Leixia is inheriting her mother's moveset.

Kayane has posted on 8wayrun.com[http://8wayrun.com/threads/new-artwork-and-assets-from-gamescom-2011.7950/page-7#post-273159], saying that she has been told not to drop tidbits until August 30th.

Snippet on what our character select screen is looking like:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff