Soul calibur 5 is awesome!
No, it's not.

Versatile Receiver

DrDuce
All_The_Worlds_a_Stage
No, it's not.
Better than SCIV
Favorite character: Hwang. Others are Voldo and Setsuka.

Character that you are best with:
Well, I have learned more about everyone out of curiosity with practice at the time, but I can't remember. I haven't been into Soul Calibur in a long time, but kind of considering it again. I don't like the clone replacements in Soul Calibur 5 at all, but it's the only one I haven't played. I would have preferred all different characters and not have characters that are grossly based off of old ones with super moves, because that just worsens the stagnation.

Favorite weapon, or worst weapon: My favorite is the scythe, but I believe there wasn't much thought put into Zasalamel's moveset. It sometimes can be a sword on the worst weapon, due to it being overdone. However, it depends on how the moveset of the particular character is executed.

Which bonus characters are best: I've only cared for Spawn, because of having the character's comics at one point.

How fast you beat it: It was fast enough.

The social and moral impact of this game upon society: It's pretty generic, like other games on the tired good and evil case. I guess the important part is the gameplay, which came to it's limit a long time ago. So, you can say that my favorite is the first Soul Calibur.

Distinct Genius

REGINA SPEKT0R
DrDuce
All_The_Worlds_a_Stage
No, it's not.
Better than SCIV
True because of dampierre.

On a separate note, didn't you used to post here alot? Just before SCIV came out? You're username is vaguely familiar.

Versatile Receiver

The Shockingly Anonymous
REGINA SPEKT0R
DrDuce
All_The_Worlds_a_Stage
No, it's not.
Better than SCIV

On a separate note, didn't you used to post here alot? Just before SCIV came out? You're username is vaguely familiar.
I don't remember.... maybe?? I think I had a different username in 2008 though.

I usually post in VGD and the FF subforum. Fighting games not sooo often

Distinct Genius

REGINA SPEKT0R
The Shockingly Anonymous
REGINA SPEKT0R
DrDuce
All_The_Worlds_a_Stage
No, it's not.
Better than SCIV

I don't remember.... maybe?? I think I had a different username in 2008 though.

I usually post in VGD and the FF subforum. Fighting games not sooo often
That's where I remember your username from. I used to post in the FF forums before Dissidia 12 came out.
Favorite character: Talim
Character that you are best with: Nightmare (sc2), Siegfreid (SC4 and SC5)
Favorite weapon: Soul edge (nightmare)
Which bonus characters are best (none)
How fast you beat it (IDK, more about the character customization)

If there is one thing i could criticize on is the difficulty of following the character plots. They don't seem linear at all and all branch off too its own story until SC5; only some of those plots would be integrated into the lineage of SC5

moo moo739's Senpai

O.G. Noob

7,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I have to say..by far my favorite character has to be Yoshimitsu. He is just so comfertable to use even though he isn't a "pick up and play" character. Plus his back story and personallity is righteous and he's pretty much a goofy badass. My favorite weapon of his out of all of the games would have to be the hirrokane..think I spelled tht right. And the wooden sword from sc 5. Shepards crook when I feel like bein a troll xD. Last time I played I beat arcade on hard in 4 or five mins roughly. He's great biggrin

http://www.destructoid.com/soulcalibur-2-hd-online-coming-to-the-xbox-360-and-ps3-258430.phtml

I'm taking this as an admission by Namco that they're aware of the last time the series was any good.
Yuna and Raika

http://www.destructoid.com/soulcalibur-2-hd-online-coming-to-the-xbox-360-and-ps3-258430.phtml

I'm taking this as an admission by Namco that they're aware of the last time the series was any good.

Numero Sinco was actually pretty good.
REGINA SPEKT0R
DrDuce
All_The_Worlds_a_Stage
No, it's not.
Better than SCIV
Bwa ha! Sure! xd That was a joke right?!

Doesn't take much to be better than Soulcalibur IV.

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Oh, 8-way-run...why did you stop working properly once SC3 came out?
(writers note: 3 is my favorite, but 2 has the best gameplay)
Shame on V...SHAME! Its nice to see many of our characters vanish for a pair of genocidal otaku siblings with problems, a shirtless demon dude, and that bit- uh witch... not to mention doctor eggmans robotic henchmen decided to play along as Astaroth's alternate costume

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff