The social and moral impact of this game upon society: Game is awesome
jonnski
Favorite character: Talim
Character that you are best with: Talim
Favorite weapon, or worst weapon: Talim's weapon
Which bonus characters are best: Not alot
How fast you beat it: 1 hour I guess
The social and moral impact of this game upon society: Game is awesome
It's too bad the kicked her off in SCV...maybe it was for the best. All the cool characters became really lame in 5!
Blue-ROMan
I haven't been on this forum (or gaiaonline) in quite a while, but I just got Soul Calibur 5 and felt like discussing it with casuals (ie non SRK/8WR/dustloop forum goers). So far my favorites are Patroklos, Leixia, and Dampierre, though I've been practicing Astaroth's grab you by your ankles and pound your face to much wall combo.
Also, totally agree that Natsu is a b***h to attempt to fight, even as a computer.
I feel handicapped when i play on 5'. I was extremely disappointed. Killing off my characters and leaving the rest gay and colorful like Cervantes! (Did you see his new costume?!)

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Favorite character: Tira
Character that you are best with: Tira
Favorite weapon, or worst weapon: Ring Blade
Which bonus characters are best: Ezio
How fast you beat it: A hour or two
The social and moral impact of this game upon society: The cake is a lie?

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Favorite Character: Cassandra (RIP) Recently: Natsu/Viola

The character i'm good with: If relatively good counts...Natsu/Viola <_<

Best weapon to me: Can't lie, I'm in love with the Orb

Favorite bonus character: Link lol

Time I beat the game: Story mode of V? under 2 hours

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Oh and I love your Viola cosplay Infinite Damnation.

Dangerous Player

vexed-monkey
Blue-ROMan
I haven't been on this forum (or gaiaonline) in quite a while, but I just got Soul Calibur 5 and felt like discussing it with casuals (ie non SRK/8WR/dustloop forum goers). So far my favorites are Patroklos, Leixia, and Dampierre, though I've been practicing Astaroth's grab you by your ankles and pound your face to much wall combo.
Also, totally agree that Natsu is a b***h to attempt to fight, even as a computer.
I feel handicapped when i play on 5'. I was extremely disappointed. Killing off my characters and leaving the rest gay and colorful like Cervantes! (Did you see his new costume?!)

Did you see is costume in legendary soul? I don;t care how gay he looks, GIVE ME THAT ******** COSTUME!

Best character.
2=Cassandra
4= Zasalamel/Cervantes
5= Pyrra Omega

I really with they would at least give us the removed styles as DLC. And let us play them they way we did in SC4. I would love to see ZASALAMEL's style again. The guy who i can rock with, and then if you back me into a corner you go off the edge. (Did that online. A guy liked ring outs, so I whooped him in a cage match. then we played on a stage with ring outs and I was the one to ring out because every time i got close to an edge i would just flip him off the stage. Its fun teaching a person to play nice.

Fashionable Vampire

I'm unsure how to ask this, but what do you get for defeating Legendary Souls mode in "Soul Calibur V"?

I've already unlocked Algol by battling the CPU player Teramos in Quick Battle and winning.
All stages with music tracks have been unlocked as well.
I'm on level 75, I believe as of this typing.
Quick Battle has been completed 100%.

Please send over a PM if you can answer this for me.
Favorite Character: Captain Cervantes, Raphael
Worst Character: Ivy
Favorite Stage: Battlefeild stage(idk what it's called) or any stage with no walls or where i can be ringed out.
Play Style: Single Strike/Small Combos, Mind-read with Cervy or Hyper Aggressive with Rapheal
Tag: Cedrik Toles(Xbox360)
Fastest Arcade Time: 4:21 with Viola modded with Rapheal style

Anxious Bloodsucker

I just got soul caliber 5 and am sad to say its my least favorite soul caliber ever
Here are my complaints:
(Mind you i've played this series since 2 came out when i was like 10 and i'm almost 20 now safe to say i usually LOOOVE this series!)
They've given some old moves really weird delays/timings
And certain characters fighting styles have been waaaay overpowered (setsune/patrokolos and astroth much?) while others have been critically weaken (what the hell sophitia style?).
The AI seems really unbalanced i get frustrated with a few fighting styles in normal mode in ways i only experienced in past games when i was playing on ******** mode. While the majority of the characters i can wipe up in an instant.
All in all the changes are making it really hard for someone like me, who are used to how its battle engine used to work and how the characters used to be balanced.
And the one player/offline play seems to have be totally sloppily made, the usually big story modes have been reduced to 2 hours worth of play and 3 characters stories at best!
They have 3 mimics while removing 3 of the older characters (talim even though she stank in 4 i remember her fondly from 2, zasalamel and seung mina.)
And other than quick play there's no fun fighting mode like tower of souls or w/e.
:/ All this makes me rather disappointed, this is my favorite fighting game series.

Has anyone else played it and felt some of this?

Ruthless Rogue

I didnt buy soul calibur for the story. and the new game engine is something to get used to. meters add an interesting element of gameplay (mind you i didnt like it at first, but it grew on me). honestly the game isnt ridiculously imbalanced. even though devil jin is banned its not like anyone (that ive seen online) is amazing at him. (plus players tend to stay away from banned characters)

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I cant wait to get the newest Soul Caliber game for PS3
Misturugi, Algol, Nightmare, Siegfried, Yoshimitsu

The five characters I play in order from best to worst. (skillwise)

Distinct Noob

Favorite character
Sophita

Character that you are best with.
Seigfried

Favorite weapon, or worst weapon.
Favorite: Any Soul Edge
Worst: Alraune ( Ivy's thorn whip whatever )

Which bonus characters are best.
I only have Darth Vader.. ( how do you get Link, Spawn, etc. )

How fast you beat it.

Fastest Arcade time I have is 1:22:49

The social and moral impact of this game upon society.

Um..
fav character is nightmare, he is kinda slow but i can land a few good unblockable combo's
favorite weapon is soul edge
I play soul caliber four so i beat one persons story in about ten minutes
worst weapon is the soul caliber, i'm so bad with it
my favorite extra charecter is ezio from assassins creed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items