Welcome to Gaia! ::

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
The_Manly_Succubus
Hey, the new one any good?

I enjoyed it. Like others I was slighty dissapointed about the game, mean the plot holes (which fanon can fix. lol), axed characters. But I personally think that it's better than SC:IV.
Kamen Rider Psyga
The_Manly_Succubus
Hey, the new one any good?

I enjoyed it. Like others I was slighty dissapointed about the game, mean the plot holes (which fanon can fix. lol), axed characters. But I personally think that it's better than SC:IV.

Yea, I was sad to see a lot of the characters go.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I haven't been on this forum (or gaiaonline) in quite a while, but I just got Soul Calibur 5 and felt like discussing it with casuals (ie non SRK/8WR/dustloop forum goers). So far my favorites are Patroklos, Leixia, and Dampierre, though I've been practicing Astaroth's grab you by your ankles and pound your face to much wall combo.
Also, totally agree that Natsu is a b***h to attempt to fight, even as a computer.

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Blue-ROMan
I haven't been on this forum (or gaiaonline) in quite a while, but I just got Soul Calibur 5 and felt like discussing it with casuals (ie non SRK/8WR/dustloop forum goers). So far my favorites are Patroklos, Leixia, and Dampierre, though I've been practicing Astaroth's grab you by your ankles and pound your face to much wall combo.
Also, totally agree that Natsu is a b***h to attempt to fight, even as a computer.

You have Dampierre! Lucky, I mean I know he's available as a DLC now, but I don't have Xbox Live, or the money to buy the DLC.

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I love Soul Calibur well depending on the game. I like III the best because it has the best character stories and the creation system is nice. IV and V I haven't really touched lately due to being busy with life and everything. I have heard negative things about V though, so I'm not sure whether to play it or not. sweatdrop

Pawn

Quote:
Favorite character
Character that you are best with.
Favorite weapon, or worst weapon.
Which bonus characters are best.

I don't have a set favorite character...I never really have ever since I started playing the series with SC2 for the GCN.
But here's a list of my favorite characters (no specific order):
Viola
Tira
Patroklos
Setsuka
Talim (mostly for the fighting style though)
Z.W.E.I.

I like certain other character's fighting styles, but not necessarily them, lol.

I'm honestly not sure who I'm "best" with yet. I'm still trying to figure out who I can consider my "main".

Not sure about favorite weapons and such..but my favorite fighting style is Talim's "Wind Dance"/Escrima. I usually would use her Double Crescent Blades. Now that she's not in SCV...I guess Viola's fighting style is my new favorite, though I'm still getting used to it.

As for Bonus Characters, I did really like Ashlotte. I liked Shura's design, but not so much personality I guess.

Pawn

lollylikespie
I love Soul Calibur well depending on the game. I like III the best because it has the best character stories and the creation system is nice. IV and V I haven't really touched lately due to being busy with life and everything. I have heard negative things about V though, so I'm not sure whether to play it or not. sweatdrop

Most of V's complaints come from the unbalanced/over powered characters and the AI stupidity/cheapness. Also, the story mode is a complete joke for the most part. They cut a bunch of characters which wasn't really necessary since a good majority of the characters that did manage to stay didn't even make an appearance in the story. While there is new characters, they barely played a part either. Nothing was explained (in the game anyway) of their existence or importance.

The good thing though is that an update is being released on March 21st to "balance" all the characters. New customization gear is supposed to be released starting April 1st as well:

Update Trailer

Demonic Defender

18,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
There's no more Sophitia Alexander. RIP Sophitia.

(seriously, Namco, why did you have to kill her? Taki and maxi are still alive in SC5 but no Sophitia?)

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
I so bad with Dampierre. QQ
Sweet mother of magical science i have not been or posted on gaia in like a year. Anyway SCV in some ways agitates me namely in that grinding to gain levels in this game is a chore.... you don't ever get a good amount of EXP from fights while i am also relieved that i won't have to do some absurd task(s) to unlock items in this game.

As far as the character issue goes I am okay with some of the cuts being made but it agitates me that we can't use Ezio's style for our own created characters. I would love to sub him (i still could) but i like playing custom characters more. This is what made me really like SC more was the customization.

Lastly I pray that NBGI adds some armor or DLC that is like cameo's from some of their other games or have a tales character as a guest... Closest thing we had was Lloyd in SC: Legends. Which was cool but I would love to see another Tales character cameo again in the SC universe.
Are we really talking about SCV? That game is dead to me! Killing off my characters and giving me that trashy shy, pycho, killer anime girl story was the biggest waste of $60! Setsuka cant be replaced by that loser "Patrolos"! Yes the customization has doubled but gameplay people! MY GOSH, the game play was hurting my soul! I'm disappointed but the "Double Edge Master"(AI) was beyond cheap and put me in my place!

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Infinite Damnation
lollylikespie

Most of V's complaints come from the unbalanced/over powered characters and the AI stupidity/cheapness. Also, the story mode is a complete joke for the most part. They cut a bunch of characters which wasn't really necessary since a good majority of the characters that did manage to stay didn't even make an appearance in the story. While there is new characters, they barely played a part either. Nothing was explained (in the game anyway) of their existence or importance.

The good thing though is that an update is being released on March 21st to "balance" all the characters. New customization gear is supposed to be released starting April 1st as well:

Update Trailer

I haven't gotten the patch yet because I haven't been able to get on x-box live yet. Did it balance the game? All I heard was that Tira got nerfed hardest, which bummed me out. She's my main. sad

Pawn

Kamen Rider Psyga
Infinite Damnation
lollylikespie

Update Trailer

I haven't gotten the patch yet because I haven't been able to get on x-box live yet. Did it balance the game? All I heard was that Tira got nerfed hardest, which bummed me out. She's my main. sad

Sadly I'm in the same boat as you. Like exactly. I don't have Live and I use Tira as one of my mains. D: Some people say it's an improvement, others say not really. I guess some people liked how the game was before, but I think those people were more the type to be competitive. While I do play the game on a regular basis, I'm not like a hardcore player or whatever.

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
DTJAAAAM
Favorite character
Mitsurugi

Character that you are best with.
Mitsurugi

Favorite weapon, or worst weapon.
Favorite: Damascus
Worst: The joke stuff

Which bonus characters are best.
Link

How fast you beat it.
Just over 3 minutes

The social and moral impact of this game upon society.
?!?!?!

Generous Genius

7,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
Favorite Character:Mitsurugi

The character i'm good with:Yun Sung

Best weapon to me: Lightsaber

Favorite bonus character: Apprentice from StarWars ForceUnleashed or is he called Starkiller now?

Time I beat the game: I think I beat it in 30minutes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces