Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Tactician

Due to the number of threads realted to the topic, there seems to be enough demand to create a sticky.

Favorite character
Character that you are best with.
Favorite weapon, or worst weapon.
Which bonus characters are best.
How fast you beat it.
The social and moral impact of this game upon society.
Any of these topics can be discussed here.

However, short comments such as "SC2 rocks" or "SC3 sucks" are not encouraged, so try to make your posts count. 3nodding

I will be removing the redundant threads within the week.

6-19-05 Slightly edited.
Favorite character
Mitsurugi

Mitsurugi

Favorite: Damascus
Worst: The joke stuff

Link

How fast you beat it.
Just over 3 minutes

The social and moral impact of this game upon society.
?!?!?!

Dapper Tactician

Just examples. sweatdrop
Those are by no means the only things you can talk about. 3nodding
Well, my favorite character ir Raphael. He's a good balance of speed and power for me, and he has auto-evading goodness. Weapon wise, I usually use the Queen's Guard, since its quite strong, though it annoys me to no end against an enemy that constantly blocks or side steps any attempts at a guard break, since the life drain can do damage if you can't.
My best unlockable character is Seung Mina. I dunno why, I just seem to do okay with her, plus I like her design.
I think the exclusive characters are the stupidest idea any game company ever pulled out of their a**. Link and Spawn and whats-his-name don't belong in the SC world, they're just cheap marketing ploys to attract swarming fanboys and girls, and its just sad how many people go around saying they only play those characters. Sheesh, they could have at least put in characters that fit, not some modern day demonic thing, an old guy, and a fairy. stare

Dapper Tactician

To be fair, Spawn was supposed to be something that had many incarnations throughout time. I didn't get the impression that this Spawn was result of some sort of perverted displacement of time.
Technically, he's the only exclusive character that coul dpossibly mesh with the soul calibur setting.
Fav Character:Yunsung
Best Character:Talim
Fav Weapon:Soul Edge
Worst Weapon biggrin ouble Cresent Blades
Fav Bonus Character:Link
How Fast I Beat It: about 2 min 40 sec on normal
My favorite character is Seung Mina, I can kick major a** when I play her whee
I have never really timed myself on how long it took me to beat the game...Hmm...I should do that!! xd
Ryonin
To be fair, Spawn was supposed to be something that had many incarnations throughout time. I didn't get the impression that this Spawn was result of some sort of perverted displacement of time.
Technically, he's the only exclusive character that coul dpossibly mesh with the soul calibur setting.

True, but if ya read his profile, he's the Al Simmons Spawn guy, from a city that wasn't supposed to exist at the time. Given, they used the time travel excuse, but I still think thats pretty lame.

Dapper Tactician

Ah... I havn't played the game, so I was using logic to explain the motivations, when clearly (at least now it is) they did not use the logical route. sweatdrop
Well, I can't make to much of a judgement on whether the "bonus" characters fit with the SC world or not, seeing as I've only ever played SC2, but I don't really see them as a bad thing. Sure, they're gimicks, but they're fun gimicks. I don't regard Link as a proper SC character (....because.... it...well...makes no sense), but I like his presence all the same. I mean, jeez, his lack of speech is just funny.

....That and he's a pretty good character. Of course the negative side is that my little brother is obsessed with Link (though not quite so badly now).

Anyways, my favourite character is Cassandra. I'm really good as her and... ah, she's just kinda grown on me. Gotta love the arrogance and childish taunts. Bless her.

Weapon-wise: I really like the Valkyrie, but Keepsake is fun, too.
Favorite character
Raphael

Mitsurugi

None, cuz. I dunno. I like to play around.

None, because they are all lame and cheesy, even by SC standards.

Not to mention, in addition to all the other good stuff, the game has a pretty sweet soundtrack. D:
Favourite Character: Nightmare
Best Character: Nightmare... razz
Favourite Weapon: Either Kilik's Jingu Staff, Heihachi's "Tekken" (His own unarmed fists), or Nightmare's Soul Calibur..
Best Bonus Character: Assassin..o.o
How fast I beat it: Hmm...5-6 mins max on best run...I think...

...M'yep
I love this game. Great replay value, good graphics, awesome character designs...it's got it all...
Plus...Nightmare's soooo cheesy... razz
heh...good thread...

i've stopped going to sc2 threads cuz they all looked the same to me.. razz
What's that about Nightmare being cheesy?! I don't own a home version so I play at a local arcade. I use Nightmare and am decent with him. I do decently in Conquest Mode. My losses are less then a fifth of my wins.
For some reason this game reminds me of KFC....lol.
I don't play it much....me hungee...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces