8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Liightning
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
The worst in the series next to SC3, imo.
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol
Too buggy and unpolished due to no arcade release. SC4 improved on SC3, and SC5 only improved on the customization of 4. SC5's gameplay is complete a**. No parrying, everyone is OP except Yoshimitsu. It's bad.
Everyone is OP? who says that? Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Yoshimitsu has 50/50 mix ups probably the hardest to block out of any character. Have you even played V? Seems like your unwilling to even play the game.
I say that from experience. I main Yoshimitsu for the longest time, and when I tried him out in Soulcal 5, it was the worst thing to deal with. I played AND sold the game. I've never had to sell a game in the longest time either. I would simply not rather deal with that disappointment of a game. Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Patroklos, Xiba, and Natsu, in particular, are very OP compared to their counterpart from SC4 (save for Patroklos who is new to the series in some way).
Yoshimitsu was drastically slowed down from the previous game and does less damage than before compared to other faster and stronger characters. Even his Iron Fist Possession moves were removed from the game entirely, that of which made him even more of a fun character and added to his randomness. I guess you can say he was overpowered in Soulcalibur 4, but the transition from 4 to 5 made it seem like he's completely useless in a cast of characters that were to design to play like he does: weapon fighting.

Ruthless Rogue

Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol
Too buggy and unpolished due to no arcade release. SC4 improved on SC3, and SC5 only improved on the customization of 4. SC5's gameplay is complete a**. No parrying, everyone is OP except Yoshimitsu. It's bad.
Everyone is OP? who says that? Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Yoshimitsu has 50/50 mix ups probably the hardest to block out of any character. Have you even played V? Seems like your unwilling to even play the game.
I say that from experience. I main Yoshimitsu for the longest time, and when I tried him out in Soulcal 5, it was the worst thing to deal with. I played AND sold the game. I've never had to sell a game in the longest time either. I would simply not rather deal with that disappointment of a game. Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Patroklos, Xiba, and Natsu, in particular, are very OP compared to their counterpart from SC4 (save for Patroklos who is new to the series in some way).
Yoshimitsu was drastically slowed down from the previous game and does less damage than before compared to other faster and stronger characters. Even his Iron Fist Possession moves were removed from the game entirely, that of which made him even more of a fun character and added to his randomness. I guess you can say he was overpowered in Soulcalibur 4, but the transition from 4 to 5 made it seem like he's completely useless in a cast of characters that were to design to play like he does: weapon fighting.
Funny part is the character you mentioned dont even reflect that of what the tier list looks like. Most of top teir is Female. I main Siegfried, hes strengths are his slightly longer range and stances, thats it. Yoshimitsu is not a bad character, he has great bread and butter combos and like i said teleport mixups. Characters and mechanics change over generations of fighting games, if you dont like how yoshimitsu now maybe you should be playing as someone else, a character loyalist finds a way to make a character work no matter how good or bad. But what i get from what your saying is "oh yoshimitsu was so good in the last game, now that hes been rebalanced i cant play him anymore"

Magnetic Millionaire

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Liightning
Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol
Funny part is the character you mentioned dont even reflect that of what the tier list looks like. Most of top teir is Female. I main Siegfried, hes strengths are his slightly longer range and stances, thats it. Yoshimitsu is not a bad character, he has great bread and butter combos and like i said teleport mixups. Characters and mechanics change over generations of fighting games, if you dont like how yoshimitsu now maybe you should be playing as someone else, a character loyalist finds a way to make a character work no matter how good or bad. But what i get from what your saying is "oh yoshimitsu was so good in the last game, now that hes been rebalanced i cant play him anymore"
Trust me, I tried. Compared to Xiba's stance mixups and Natsu's teleport feints to lows, Yoshimitsu has no chance against them.
Rebalanced? More like nerfed. They even made his meditation stance into medium teleport slower in the first patch lol
They're catering to the scrubs who use fast and heavy hitters.
Like I said, I'll stick to Soulcalibur 4.

Ruthless Rogue

Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
Trust me, I tried. Compared to Xiba's stance mixups and Natsu's teleport feints to lows, Yoshimitsu has no chance against them.
Rebalanced? More like nerfed. They even made his meditation stance into medium teleport slower in the first patch lol
To quote mike ross "The people who still play Street fighter four (not super) and go to my one man tournaments where they will always be the best."

Magnetic Millionaire

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Liightning
Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
Liightning
Melodic Structure
To quote mike ross "The people who still play Street fighter four (not super) and go to my one man tournaments where they will always be the best."

I get what you mean, but this is just for fun since you reminded me of Mike Ross.

Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
^Most pointless conversation I've ever been notified of.

Ruthless Rogue

James Fon Fabre
Didnt really have anything to do with you. I could say This thread is pointless, it doesn't even talk about soul calibur, besides saying that you like it. Not really anything to discuss in a discussion forum.

Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Liightning
James Fon Fabre
Didnt really have anything to do with you. I could say This thread is pointless, it doesn't even talk about soul calibur, besides saying that you like it. Not really anything to discuss in a discussion forum.
Then why'd you bother posting? Sorry if I offended you by saying you alls argument over a video was pointless...wait no I'm not. smile

Ruthless Rogue

James Fon Fabre
Liightning
James Fon Fabre
Then why'd you bother posting? Sorry if I offended you by saying you alls argument over a video was pointless...wait no I'm not. smile
I guess i could ask you the same question. Why post a thread thats on something that you cannot discuss and has a sticky for an actual discussion of similar topic? I was discussing how you could deem a game "bad" based on the fact that it changed.

And i never said i was offended, you decided to point out something so i did in turn. If your trying to make a point, you should first write in a manner that actually makes sense, and also have a valid point to back up said statements, I could care less if you play Soul Calibur V for specific reason, im just a user on gaia trying to understand the logic of another user's post, its up to them in all actuality to either read it or not.

Interesting Fatcat

Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol

O contrare, mi amigo. I found a video a few months ago about the Just Guard mechanic in the game. Basically speaking, it's a parry mechanic! I'll let the vid in the link explain:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/30/soul-calibur-v-just-guard-tutorial-by-avoiding-the-puddle/

Magnetic Millionaire

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol

O contrare, mi amigo. I found a video a few months ago about the Just Guard mechanic in the game. Basically speaking, it's a parry mechanic! I'll let the vid in the link explain:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/30/soul-calibur-v-just-guard-tutorial-by-avoiding-the-puddle/
Significantly much more difficult to do than regularly parrying. It's unnecessarily difficult too. SC4 had it perfect.

Interesting Fatcat

Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol

Significantly much more difficult to do than regularly parrying. It's unnecessarily difficult too. SC4 had it perfect.

If you're complaining about SCV's gameplay just for having no parrying then something is wrong here.

Magnetic Millionaire

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
ii-lunargem-ii
Melodic Structure
I'll stick to SC4.

HEY! sc3 was great lol

If you're complaining about SCV's gameplay just for having no parrying then something is wrong here.
I didn't know stating an opinion was considered complaining. Soulcalibur V was an awful game. The only thing it had going for it was the customization. Story mode was bad, gameplay is bad, and you really can't say I'm wrong if it's just my opinion.

Interesting Fatcat

Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure

I didn't know stating an opinion was considered complaining. Soulcalibur V was an awful game. The only thing it had going for it was the customization. Story mode was bad, gameplay is bad, and you really can't say I'm wrong if it's just my opinion.

Gameplay was awesome but I guess I'm the only SC fan here (been a SC fan for a long time so I know which games had the best and worst. It's not your opinion I'm worried about; it's the fact that everyone else is saying the same. Minus gameplay. Everyone in the community loves the gameplay. To be fairly honest SCIV had the worst story mode. It's only 5 stages. Even Arcade mode has more than that. SCIII and previously had the better story modes compared to SCV. But seeing as Namco didn't allow for the team to make a bigger story mode I'm letting it slide this time. You know it was originally gonna be 4x bigger than what it is currently. I'm still hoping they release the bigger story mode as DLC.

Magnetic Millionaire

8,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure
Doctor Raiden Soulnote
Melodic Structure

Gameplay was awesome but I guess I'm the only SC fan here (been a SC fan for a long time so I know which games had the best and worst. It's not your opinion I'm worried about; it's the fact that everyone else is saying the same. Minus gameplay. Everyone in the community loves the gameplay. To be fairly honest SCIV had the worst story mode. It's only 5 stages. Even Arcade mode has more than that. SCIII and previously had the better story modes compared to SCV. But seeing as Namco didn't allow for the team to make a bigger story mode I'm letting it slide this time. You know it was originally gonna be 4x bigger than what it is currently. I'm still hoping they release the bigger story mode as DLC.
I'm well aware the story was supposed to be more than what it currently is, but was rushed due to time constraints.
I would have been more accepting of them saying the story wouldn't be good instead of them making a big deal about the story by releasing a trailer for it. So many plot holes and whatnot.
Soulcal 3 had a good story, but Soulcal 2's story was the best out of any in the series. Soulcal 4 had a shitty story, but at least the gameplay and fair customization made it enjoyable, and online play extended its replayability. The only good thing I can say about Soulcal 5 is the customization is way too good for a game like that, and the CG engine is phenomenal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff