Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Informer

I'm looking for PS3 people to spar with. No pros, just some good old fashioned back to back persona fighting goodness. Anyone up for it?

Sex Symbol

"I'm up for some rounds. My gamertag is in my sig. I have msgs set to friends only because I don't tolerate people's idiotic messages, so it's best to add me."

Interesting Exhibitionist

Add SleepbringerVTW

Timid Friend

For those of you on the PS3 side of things, my PSN is OnClearance. I'm pretty awful, so I'd love to kind of brush up with a couple of other people sometime!

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
It's going to be dead by September
Caucasian Walk
It's going to be dead by September

Implying that it's not already dead.

Dapper Informer

Well it's obviously not as popular as the current fighters/pro fighting games; Injustice, UMvC3, SSF4, etc.
But it doesn't mean people won't play it. the game won't disappear off the face of the earth. People still play it from time to time, like me.
It won't die, just fizz out.
OneLTwoTsMOFO
Well it's obviously not as popular as the current fighters/pro fighting games; Injustice, UMvC3, SSF4, etc.
But it doesn't mean people won't play it. the game won't disappear off the face of the earth. People still play it from time to time, like me.

It's been "fizzed out" now for several months.

Evo brought some hype back but it's been almost a month since that and this game is back to being "fizzed".

Less and less people are showing up to local P4A events and tournaments, resulting in a dying incentive to even keep these events up in the first place.

Netplay is even worse. Online is seemingly mainly full of scrubs who refuse to learn matchups, getting frustrated easily and mash DP because they don't know how to block. Then they eat a fatal counter combo worth half of their HP bar every time you bait their DP and then kick you out of the room after the match.

This game is dead. Most of the more skilled players have moved onto other games. There's nothing left.

Dapper Informer

Not Nytemair v6
OneLTwoTsMOFO

Evo brought some hype back but it's been almost a month since that and this game is back to being "fizzed".

Less and less people are showing up to local P4A events and tournaments, resulting in a dying incentive to even keep these events up in the first place.

Netplay is even worse. Online is seemingly mainly full of scrubs who refuse to learn matchups, getting frustrated easily and mash DP because they don't know how to block. Then they eat a fatal counter combo worth half of their HP bar every time you bait their DP and then kick you out of the room after the match.

This game is dead. Most of the more skilled players have moved onto other games. There's nothing left.

Except for the casual fighters who stumble upon it in Gamestop. Or maybe the Persona Fans?
Maybe someone who just wants a nice 2d fighting game that's different from GG or Third Strike?
Look I didn't ask for your opinion on where the game was going. I just asked for someone to play with. and I got that. 2 weeks ago.

So my work is finished with the thread lol.
OneLTwoTsMOFO
Not Nytemair v6
OneLTwoTsMOFO

Except for the casual fighters who stumble upon it in Gamestop. Or maybe the Persona Fans?
Maybe someone who just wants a nice 2d fighting game that's different from GG or Third Strike?
Look I didn't ask for your opinion on where the game was going. I just asked for someone to play with. and I got that. 2 weeks ago.

Casual players don't really do anything to keep the game alive though. They just insert the disc every other week to play for an hour and then get off. They could have the game for months and still be as skilled as they were the first week they got the game since most casuals don't do the one thing that's important in all fighting games:

learning.

The reason why this game is considered "dead" is because it's always either stagnating or falling in terms of active players and general skill level. You will rarely find players new to the game who actually strive to become good instead of the others who just rush forward, mashing 5A or mash DP whenever they got knocked down.

Also, if you're going to post your opinion on an internet forum, don't cry and say "well I didn't ask for your opinion" when someone else who sees things from a different perspective confronts your own views. Anything you post here is open to critique from anyone who comes by and reads it.

Dapper Informer

Not Nytemair v6
OneLTwoTsMOFO
Not Nytemair v6
OneLTwoTsMOFO

Casual players don't really do anything to keep the game alive though. They just insert the disc every other week to play for an hour and then get off. They could have the game for months and still be as skilled as they were the first week they got the game since most casuals don't do the one thing that's important in all fighting games:

learning.

The reason why this game is considered "dead" is because it's always either stagnating or falling in terms of active players and general skill level. You will rarely find players new to the game who actually strive to become good instead of the others who just rush forward, mashing 5A or mash DP whenever they got knocked down.

Also, if you're going to post your opinion on an internet forum, don't cry and say "well I didn't ask for your opinion" when someone else who sees things from a different perspective confronts your own views. Anything you post here is open to critique from anyone who comes by and reads it.

Alright, alright, no need to get snippy. Sorry for complaining.
But you know, just because it's dead doesn't mean it's not fun anymore.
I still own the game because I'm old fashioned and I invite my friends over to play at my house from time to time instead of struggling to deal with the kind of people you mentioned online.
Not to mention I don't really have an interest in ranks or evo or whatever. I just play the game 'cause I like Persona, 2D fighting games, and competing against my friends.
Isn't that what video games were made for in the first place? Fun?

Super Superfan

13,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
I'll play, I haven't played for months though. This could be a good chance to get back in.
OneLTwoTsMOFO

Alright, alright, no need to get snippy. Sorry for complaining.
But you know, just because it's dead doesn't mean it's not fun anymore.
I still own the game because I'm old fashioned and I invite my friends over to play at my house from time to time instead of struggling to deal with the kind of people you mentioned online.
Not to mention I don't really have an interest in ranks or evo or whatever. I just play the game 'cause I like Persona, 2D fighting games, and competing against my friends.
Isn't that what video games were made for in the first place? Fun?

Good answer.

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Not Nytemair v6
OneLTwoTsMOFO

This kind of sucks because I wanted to pick up the game and I don't see a point in it if I won't have people to play with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff