Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Heckler

Solblade44
Heavy Artillery
Been in love with this game since prerelease and now that it's here, I can't put it down. ;v ;

Maining my homegirl Peacock! She's just way too much fun to play as. Even if I suck hardcore ;-; My execution is a**. Hopefully that'll come with time.

The funny thing I find is how EVERY character has people crying about how OP they are, lol. Apparently everyone needs to be simultaneously buffed and nerfed haha

Pretty much. I think the one nerf that does need to happen though is Double's Hornet Bomber Assist (hard kick variant) because it's missing the vulnerability frames upon start up. Not a big change (It's only a 3 frame vulnerability), but it does make it more fair so that you can knock Double out of it if you can see her coming.

Other than that, I've seen complaints about most of the cast, mostly about Cerebella (oh mah gawd, her Something Spectacular special does way too much damage!) and Parasoul. Actually, I don't I've seen anyone complain about Painwheel yet; I'm probably looking in the wrong places or not enough people play her.

Despite cries for nerfs/buffs, these people seem to forget that you can dodge and block these moves. Heck, I've heard Mike Z complain about people who don't block.

lol yeah, it's amazing how much better you do when you remember to block haha!

I've seen complaints about how Peacock's zoning is too spammy/OP (one person insisted that all of her moves needed reduced damage and she needed some weird ridiculous limitations lol), about Valentine and how her reach is too long and her moves hit too fast, how Fortune's head messes up people's GDLK COMBOS, Double is unreadable and how Filia is SO MASHY. rolleyes

So basically... a bunch of BS! XP

Painwheel is a bit harder to come by since yeah, she seems to be the least played character ): But even for her, I've seen folks complaining that her flying is unfairly good haha. Pretty much it's that every character excels at something and some people just don't like that I guess!

Hornet Bomber does seem to be the big thing right now, but afaik the devs are gonna wait and see if it's really as big an issue as people are making it out to be, or if it'll get figured out. I think that's their approach to any balance patching type deals isn't it?

Clean Millionaire

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Painwheel is amazing. I run into her quite often on XBL. Thank god for Napalm pillar.

Lonely Wolf

14,515 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Generous 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I had some games with my friend the other day and he pointed out quite often how ridiculous it was that Cerabella can land her grabs and Blockbuster on blocking opponents. That is pretty stupid since it literally leaves the target with no possible escape from monstrous damage if they are blocking.
Napalm Pillar = Captain Corridor

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
So far my top tier characters are Ms. Fortune, Valentine, and Peacock. I'm also looking forward to when the release DLC characters. Hopefully they'll add an in-game movelist, which I'm still wondering why they didn't include one in the first place.
Silver Highlights
So far my top tier characters are Ms. Fortune, Valentine, and Peacock. I'm also looking forward to when the release DLC characters. Hopefully they'll add an in-game movelist, which I'm still wondering why they didn't include one in the first place.

I read earlier that doing the command lists would've taken too much time when they needed to make sure other things about the game actually worked like the online and stuff. Don't fear though, the command lists will be patched in, most likely the first thing they patch.

Hayaba
I had some games with my friend the other day and he pointed out quite often how ridiculous it was that Cerabella can land her grabs and Blockbuster on blocking opponents. That is pretty stupid since it literally leaves the target with no possible escape from monstrous damage if they are blocking.

That's how it is in all fighting games though: if you can't get in actual hits because your opponent is blocking, grab them. I do see where you're coming from about the "Something Spectacular" blockbuster, which does really good damage (IIRC, about 40% of your lifebar in a 1v1 if you just use the super). With that said, you still have a short window to interrupt the move or jump out of the way and punish it.

Lonely Wolf

14,515 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Generous 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Solblade44

That's how it is in all fighting games though: if you can't get in actual hits because your opponent is blocking, grab them. I do see where you're coming from about the "Something Spectacular" blockbuster, which does really good damage (IIRC, about 40% of your lifebar in a 1v1 if you just use the super). With that said, you still have a short window to interrupt the move or jump out of the way and punish it.

No I don't mean that, I mean her grabs connected during block stun as in it was impossible to escape it. He was being punished severely just because he successfully blocked. Unless it was some slight input delay or something, but this guy is one of those fighting game nuts who says 123 instead of up down left and knows all the frame data of everything, so if he's calling BS I'm taking his word on it. I tried the setup again a few times and it kept connecting even though he knew exactly when and where it was coming. I actually found it kinda funny the more I saw it happen.

Clean Junior

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Silver Highlights

Honestly, I respect Peacock as a character and all. But if not used correctly, she can be really damn cheap. I was playing ranked match today and all that person kept doing with peacock was shoot with her gun/cannon then use bombs cars (planes?) and more cheap s**t to keep my away. And plus she can teleport so that made her especially cheap imo
Valentine ftmfw >w< Gotta love the ninja nurse

Cerebella comes in second as my favorite character ^^

((btw, anyone else think Sundae, Alruna, and Reiko should be included as future DLC? <w< wink )
I find it odd that Cerebella can use a command throw mid combo.

Seriously a Double Mirror match is confusing as s**t. Especially when you both choose a stage that makes you basically the same color.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I love me some double and peacock is great but cerebella i really do think might be nerfed a hare shes just to op atm.

Clean Junior

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Meta77
I love me some double and peacock is great but cerebella i really do think might be nerfed a hare shes just to op atm.
Man lol they're cool in all but no offense, I hate fighting both of them xD Its hard to read doubles moves. And peacock is just a good spam character imo

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Captain Totoro
Meta77
Man lol they're cool in all but no offense, I hate fighting both of them xD Its hard to read doubles moves. And peacock is just a good spam character imo

I dont know i tore a guy up pretty good with peacock in a corner shes just great for quick combos in a corner.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
This game has been amazing and i cannot wait for more characters

I personally hope we get Big Band.
heart

my favorite is Cerebella by far. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items