Welcome to Gaia! ::

FireStat
I still don't have a strong oppinion of this game...hopefully the demo will change that.

Can anyone tell me what the price tag is on the game (PSN)? If i end up liking it enough to get it, then i'd need to know.

$14.99

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Aww yeah, waiting for it to download. Hope it's good, I didn't bother to just download the demo first.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Aww yeah, waiting for it to download. Hope it's good, I didn't bother to just download the demo first.

Well, I hope it's worth your money. Just don't complain that it's not good and you wasted money when you could've downloaded the demo first. Or.... go ahead and complain anyways since I'll probably go out of my to listen so I can at least tell someone at Reverge that will listen. Like Peter on their Facebook page.

Also, not sure if anyone here read any reviews (because so many people actually take reviews to heart) but a few things:

1) AI can be hard, even on the easiest difficulty. If it's too hard, then we should probably make some noise so they'll tone it down in a later patch.

2) No ingame command list on the pause screen. They ran out of time to put it in. "What? How could anyone forget something as simple as the command lists?" Excuse: not enough time to put it in since they had to focus on more important things. HOWEVER, it will be patched in later for free. So until then, use the Shoryuken wiki for Skullgirls or use these character guides Reverge was nice enough to give us while we wait.

Either way, you have to pause and look at a list so hopefully it isn't a big deal.

I feel like I'm forgetting something but I don't remember. Oh well, happy gaming!

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
You also can't pause during a story mode fight. I like it so far, although Marie is the biggest troll of a boss I've ever fought. Her first two forms aren't that bad, but her third form is near impossible to hit. I could also just not be that great with Ms. Fortune. Still trying to beat her, on the retry screen now as I type this.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
You also can't pause during a story mode fight. I like it so far, although Marie is the biggest troll of a boss I've ever fought. Her first two forms aren't that bad, but her third form is near impossible to hit. I could also just not be that great with Ms. Fortune. Still trying to beat her, on the retry screen now as I type this.

Have you tried holding down the start button? Unless you're in training mode, you have to hold the button... unless there really is no pausing during story. Hopefully you beat her the Skullgirl.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Solblade44
Blaze the Fire Dragon

Have you tried holding down the start button? Unless you're in training mode, you have to hold the button... unless there really is no pausing during story. Hopefully you beat her the Skullgirl.
You have to hold it down? Nah, I didn't try that, but I'll remember that. I finally beat her after several tries, guess I'll do Peacock's story next, should be good.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Solblade44
Blaze the Fire Dragon

You have to hold it down? Nah, I didn't try that, but I'll remember that. I finally beat her after several tries, guess I'll do Peacock's story next, should be good.

Yeah, gotta hold it so you don't accidentally press it during a match. Put in so you don't get disqualified in tournaments. And judging from yours and everyone's reactions, I'm guessing Bloody Marie is kinda hard.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Solblade44
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Solblade44
Blaze the Fire Dragon

Yeah, gotta hold it so you don't accidentally press it during a match. Put in so you don't get disqualified in tournaments. And judging from yours and everyone's reactions, I'm guessing Bloody Marie is kinda hard.
Very much so. I'm playing on normal and I've only managed to beat it with Ms. Fortune and Cerabella. I gave up with Peacock, it's hard to hit her third form with Peacock's attacks.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Parasoul is the worst...Compared to everyone else her movements are slow and rigid, and her attacks are weak and underwhelming. Beating Marie with her is going to be a nightmare. I'm not too good with Filia either, but I think I could get used to playing as her.

Meh, personal opinions. I didn't like Painwheel at first, but I kind of got used to her fighting style, I can't see myself getting used to Parasoul.
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Parasoul is the worst...Compared to everyone else her movements are slow and rigid, and her attacks are weak and underwhelming. Beating Marie with her is going to be a nightmare. I'm not too good with Filia either, but I think I could get used to playing as her.

Meh, personal opinions. I didn't like Painwheel at first, but I kind of got used to her fighting style, I can't see myself getting used to Parasoul.
Just land a few heavy hits and guard every 3 seconds. It's not that hard using Parasoul to beat Marie. You can literally poke a person to death using Parasoul.

Not sure who I'll main. Kinda looking at Double and Valentine.

PSN: BriskHaku btw, just let me know who you are first.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Lilim Valkyrie
Blaze the Fire Dragon

Just land a few heavy hits and guard every 3 seconds. It's not that hard using Parasoul to beat Marie. You can literally poke a person to death using Parasoul.

I'm D-CLAW on PSN if you want to add me.

I beat Marie with Parasoul, although it was on sleepwalker difficulty. Didn't feel like even attempting anything harder than that. I beat everyone's stories actually, interesting ending for sure. I'll probably main Ms. Fortune, so far she's my favorite character.

I think at one point I heard something about more characters being added though, any truth in that as far as you know?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

It is, unsurprisingly, the shittiest fighting game I have ever played.

They seem to have skipped bothering to make it fun in order to spend more time on making the tits bounce.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Lilim Valkyrie
Blaze the Fire Dragon

I beat Marie with Parasoul, although it was on sleepwalker difficulty. Didn't feel like even attempting anything harder than that. I beat everyone's stories actually, interesting ending for sure. I'll probably main Ms. Fortune, so far she's my favorite character.

I think at one point I heard something about more characters being added though, any truth in that as far as you know?

They will add more characters later, with one of them being worked on now. Due to the process of how they make characters, we probably won't know anything until May or June. The first two are going to be Umbrella ans Squigly (not necessarily in that order)

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Solblade44
Blaze the Fire Dragon
Lilim Valkyrie
Blaze the Fire Dragon

They will add more characters later, with one of them being worked on now. Due to the process of how they make characters, we probably won't know anything until May or June. The first two are going to be Umbrella ans Squigly (not necessarily in that order)
Might be interesting to see Umbrella on the roster, although I bet she'll fight like Parasoul. Squigly...is that the girl at the end of Peacock's story?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff