Welcome to Gaia! ::

AKA: Sony goes creatively bankrupt, continues ripping off Nintendo.

Discuss this blatant attempt at getting a slice of the Big N's fighter's money pie.
*Laughs*

Since I don't have a Wii console as an attempt to like the original, then I will try this sad copy. If I see myself liking this long term, I will saddle for it.

Shy Hero

I like the stage mash up idea they got going on...I'm gonna check it out when it comes out
Let the butthurt begin. The flames of the console war shall burn brightest on the asses of the one console ponies.
Lilim Valkyrie
Let the butthurt begin. The flames of the console war shall burn brightest on the asses of the one console ponies.

I'm a two-console pony, actually. It's just that neither console is a PS3. ninja
Cocaine Samurai
Lilim Valkyrie

I'm a two-console pony, actually. It's just that neither console is a PS3. ninja
That's why you suck. emotion_awesome
Lilim Valkyrie
Cocaine Samurai
Lilim Valkyrie

That's why you suck. emotion_awesome

User Image

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
While its no secret where ASBR draws its ideas from, it shouldn't be a surprise that it borrows ideas at all. Creativity doesn't necessarily mean making something out of thin air in your mind, but rather making connections between things. That aside, at least its not a complete rip off. Articles mentioned that this game has you building up a power gauge for super attacks, like Street Fighter. Plus, Sony characters are different from Nintendo characters, so it makes me wonder what each character will bring to the fighting stage. Hopefully Nathan Drake will be in it so that I can kick Kratos' a** with a witty treasure hunter.

Alien Initiate

I saw a Patapon stage, I want a Patapon in it. emotion_donotwant I don't know what to think really, I like SSB so I might check it out. It really depends on the characters I guess and with the few we know about, I'm not impressed, but we'll see.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
If copying is bad, then KOF and MK automatically suck because they copied Street Fighter.

I already pre-ordered this game.
Black Rock Shooter Stella
If copying is bad, then KOF and MK automatically suck because they copied Street Fighter.

It's not to say that they were bad, but they didn't stand out as much I guess. On the other hand, it can be the same with Street Fighter 2, example, most of it's game play concepts such as controller motions and other misunderstood innovations were found in older fighting games, but it was definitely more of a challenge at the time. However, copying this high does get abused too much, but as I said, I will rent it anyway.

I should note that the producer who made King of Fighters and other SNK fighting games, was the same person who made the original Street Fighter. So, the old rivalry between the two companies made more sense.

Browser

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I'm waiting to see what characters they throw in. Right now, other than Sly Cooper, none of the characters have my interest.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I liked Fat Princess.

I played as Peach in SSBB so it's almost a perfect match.

Since Fat Princess is like Peach if she ate too much KFC.

heart

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I think its going to be really dumb.
So far the gameplay makes it looks really annoyingly hard and boring.

SSB > Playstation rip off.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Who cares if its a ripoff. Its neat for people who dont own a wii cause in general that console sucked and dont get me started on online brawl matches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff