Greedy Consumer

Does anybody know any competitive faqs I can find that include the latest updates, major character strengths and weaknesses for tournament use, and such? Theres alot of places to look and they don't seem to be helping, I have no one to play me in this game, so Im stuck at basically either trying to beat the computer or learn comboes, if I even want to play this game more competitively.

I feel I need a competitive offline game to play, I think MK9 fits the bill more than other games right now. But Im antisocial as well. So I would still like to learn strategies and stuff even if I don't end up finding people to play with(or even try to, I should try a sport instead perhaps, alot simpler, healthier, less need for finding others with specialized tastes).

I already know about gamefaqs, looking up youtube combo guides, and tom brady's guide.
But I heard tom brady's guide is not up to date, there was a patch after it was written. So there might be some characters better than others from a recent patch.

Don't tell me to buy another game.

I still do need to look up when that last patch was, but its late here an Imma sleep.

Would still appreciate responses.