Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone else have this game? Does it work on your USPS3?

I just ordered it and am curious how everyones experience with it has been.

9,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm waiting for an English translation and the price to lower.
JediPadawanJess

That unfortunately will never happen. I was at ShutoCon's DBZ Reunion event and Jump Victory Vs, Battle of Gods, a new series, and Battle of Z were brought up. The heads at Funimation said a English dub of Jump Victory Vs won't happen.

They said while they have the rights to voice some of the animes like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece many others like Kenshin and several others they don't. They said it comes down to several different companies, licensing issues, etc. its a hassle and can't happen.

9,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
YUSUKE URAMESHl
JediPadawanJess

That unfortunately will never happen. I was at ShutoCon's DBZ Reunion event and Jump Victory Vs, Battle of Gods, a new series, and Battle of Z were brought up. The heads at Funimation said a English dub of Jump Victory Vs won't happen.

They said while they have the rights to voice some of the animes like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece many others like Kenshin and several others they don't. They said it comes down to several different companies, licensing issues, etc. its a hassle and can't happen.

User Image
The honorable warrior...

I was thinking that they'd just use English subtitles and keep the original Japanese voices like they did with Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle and Brave Soldiers.

User Image
...and the deadly, Scarlet Needle!
JediPadawanJess
YUSUKE URAMESHl
JediPadawanJess

User Image
The honorable warrior...

I was thinking that they'd just use English subtitles and keep the original Japanese voices like they did with Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle and Brave Soldiers.

User Image
...and the deadly, Scarlet Needle!

I wish they would but they passed up doing that for the prequeles Jump SuperStars and Jump UltimateStars for the Nintendo DS.

The DS versions were around when the DS Lite was the most selling system, and play just like Super Smash Bros (You had A and B moves, combos were the same like A, Forward A, Down A, Up A, etc. same with the B Moves, Air A and B combos, a trigger button for block, death from falling off the stage, 4 players, online compatible, etc.) so they played like Smash Bros and Smash Bros was Nintendo's highest seller yet they never came out with a US release sadly for the same reasons.

However Jump SuperStars and UltimateStars are playable on US Nintendo DS and DS Lite (Not DSi, XLs, or 3DS/XL/2DS.)
And Jump Victory Vs is playable on USPS3 and US PS Vita.

Select Best Buys accidentally got few copies of Jump SuperStars shipped to them years ago XD thats where I got my copy was from my local Best Buy.

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If I had the money still, I'd totally buy it. Though I'd prolly never play Goku cause dat Japanese voice sweatdrop
Bani Slasher
If I had the money still, I'd totally buy it. Though I'd prolly never play Goku cause dat Japanese voice sweatdrop

I don't mind the Japanese voice, its a cultural thing. All of the "Son" family share the same voice actress, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, etc lol. The role was offered to a woman as the role was for a child as she started as Kid Goku in DB in the 80s lol and they don't change the actors due to age like we do lol. I'm impressed shes still as good as ever and still active 30 years later lol.

That said, Sean Schemmel is still my favorite voice actor XD I'm glad I got to meet, hangout, and have a ton of my stuff signed by him lol. But I enjoy either version really ^^ I just wish Goku still had his SS3 Kamehameha like in the past 2 Jump Titles, Goku feels nerfed compared to the game's prequels lol.

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
YUSUKE URAMESHl
I don't mind the Japanese voice, its a cultural thing.
Dawg, there's nothing cultural about high pitched terrifying death screeches. Every time he attacks someone I get scared.
Bani Slasher
YUSUKE URAMESHl
Dawg, there's nothing cultural about high pitched terrifying death screeches. Every time he attacks someone I get scared.

It is a cultural thing, research it. Its why none of them change actors when they get older unlike we do with the Funimation Dub, or Canada with the Ocean Dub. Its the same cultural reason why the entire Son family has to use the same voice actor, its been answered several times at cons and online. Those death screams are the same for Gohan, Goten, Gotenks, Bardock, and others as its the same voice, its been kept that way for the same reason.

Fluffy Exhibitionist

13,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
YUSUKE URAMESHl
Bani Slasher
YUSUKE URAMESHl

It is a cultural thing, research it. Its why none of them change actors when they get older unlike we do with the Funimation Dub, or Canada with the Ocean Dub. Its the same cultural reason why the entire Son family has to use the same voice actor, its been answered several times at cons and online. Those death screams are the same for Gohan, Goten, Gotenks, Bardock, and others as its the same voice, its been kept that way for the same reason.
Dawg, I ain't scared of it cause they used the same voice actor for every character; I'm scared of it cause them screams is terrifying.
Updating this as I've been having alot of fun with this game recently and am bringing it to a anime con soon, but am wondering does anyone besides me have it?

Some highlights I've been enjoying so far are:

-Uploading your own music into the game, including anime music from favorite series, so you can relive your favorite battles, or play ones you've always wanted to see like Yusuke VS Ichigo.

-1 on 1 against the computer with no tag partner or support character. So for example I can play a Yusuke Vs Toguro with 2 YYH songs playing in the background while fighting at the Dark Tournament lol.

-You and a friend as tag team VS computer or 2 other players or friends (Its up to 4 players) so I can play as Yusuke, my brother as Hiei both on 1 PS3, Vs 2 people online on their PS3s.

-Works on US systems.

-Online Play from around the world.

-Going in solo if you prefer controlling your own team of 3 characters (I use Yusuke, Goku, and Kenshin for example.)

This game has been a ton of fun, I've fully enjoyed it, and recommend it to Shonen Anime fans and Fighting game fans alike! XD

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
I played it once, and it's a nice, fun game smile It's definitely not competitive play material, but who cares right?

Although, I was kinda surprised that Luffy is the flagship character of Shonen Jump, and not Naruto or Goku or anything
Veethree
I played it once, and it's a nice, fun game smile It's definitely not competitive play material, but who cares right?

Although, I was kinda surprised that Luffy is the flagship character of Shonen Jump, and not Naruto or Goku or anything

Its online mode does get pretty competitive, especially when its 4 players. I also find it hilarious when the Japanese players get beat and rage quit lol.

Yea, Luffy being the flagship character I didn't care for, hes also the only series that has 4 playable characters represented while most others only have 2 or 3. The reason though is because One Piece is the most selling Shonen anime in Japan currently.

I'm glad Naruto wasn't the flagship character as I've grown super annoyed of hearing about him since its been ongoing since 1997, and has gotten drawn out these past 17 years, and keeps trying to rip off DBZ.

But Goku should have been the flagship character for numerous reasons. 1st is that hes the Only Anime character to have been in All the Shonen Jump crossover games starting since their first game on NES, so since Jump Victory VS celebrates 45 Years of Shonen Jump, there is no one better than their main mascot Son Goku lol. 2nd Is Naruto, Luffy, and Toriko are all "inspired" off of Goku. Naruto's creator even attributes his orange jumpsuit, hair, and appetite to Goku. Along with basing his trademark move off the Kamehameha, and his transformation off of Super Saiyan. Toriko's creator said his outfit is to directly "honor" Son Goku, along with the appetite and vegetables. So if it weren't for Goku those others wouldn't exist. 3rd is that Goku has been in more games than any of the others, and for years was in more game titles than Mr. Videogame himself, Mario lol.

But overall I'm content, it had Yusuke Urameshi in it for the 3rd time after Jump SuperStars and Jump UltimateStars before it lol. I just wish they'd kept SS3 or Vegito for Goku as they were moves of his in the past games, everyone else's moves are about the same as before lol.

Liberal Hunter

2,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
YUSUKE URAMESHl

Yeah I have it on my U.S PS3 and it works perfectly fine .
Vintage Pikachu
YUSUKE URAMESHl

Yeah I have it on my U.S PS3 and it works perfectly fine .

Same here, I've completely beaten it and am bringing it to Anime Midwest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff