Welcome to Gaia! ::

ZeroRaider
Fide258
If you wanna get better at Guilty Gear, DO NOT play Persona 4 Arena. That s**t will dumb down your GG play to pre-school level.

Elaborate.

It was just me trolling, nothing to take me seriously for.
whats that i never hered that befor?
well ladies and gents. its here.

Salty Player

Lord Cruxis

XBLA doesn't count. emotion_awesome

(...No, really. It doesn't count. emotion_donotwant )
Foam-Dome
Lord Cruxis

And please explain why XBLA version doesn't count? Don't say because of the pad, because smart XBL players solve this problem with an adapter or use a stick. Dedicated players make the pad work and become as effective as PS3 pad players.

Salty Player

Alternate275
Foam-Dome
Lord Cruxis

And please explain why XBLA version doesn't count? Don't say because of the pad, because smart XBL players solve this problem with an adapter or use a stick. Dedicated players make the pad work and become as effective as PS3 pad players.

Probably because it's a bad system. emotion_awesome

(I'm just trollin', yo.)
I can barely believe how long we've waited for this.
crying
I'm so glad GG is back. But I'm just really sad that I had to get the JP version of the game. However! Playing this game on stick isn't really all that bad. ^_^

Super Superfan

13,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
I..I was lagging with someone in the same county.. emotion_facepalm

The horror..
I dunno how to answer any of those questions, I only get one shot and it ought to count for something good.
I can ask this, though:

How many people in the Guilty Gear universe have their power levels go Over 9000, as the storylines progress?

Meantime, where can we begin with regards to Ky Kiske?
Javier Cross
I dunno how to answer any of those questions, I only get one shot and it ought to count for something good.
I can ask this, though:

How many people in the Guilty Gear universe have their power levels go Over 9000, as the storylines progress?

Uhm. Well Slayer is at maximum levels. Always. Although he's mused that several characters like Jam and Venom could surpass him with enough time...however both of them are mere humans so the chances of them becoming overpowered is is low.

Then there's Sol, Dizzy, and Justice. Sol is rarely pushed to go all out though. BUT he is powerful enough to man-handle just about everyone. Dizzy is potentially stronger than Justice but since her innocent personality has her at bay (granted, in the original timeline she commits mass genocide with an army of gears). Justice is mankinds creation, their ultimate doom. But she never really gets more powerful than she already is, unlike most of the GG cast.

May...is a special case. The Japanese race were able to control a very powerful energy (If I recall, it was actually Chi/Ki energy) and were eradicated. May is one of the very few survivors. She is already pretty powerful, despite how young she is. She could potentially have a power level of over 9000 but in the story she is more concerned about proving herself to Johnny.

Other than that...the cast boils down in strength. It's not too ridiculous, really.

Not really sure what you mean about Ky, though. He's a BAMF in game and in story.
DarkKingJilly
Javier Cross
I can ask this, though:

Uhm. Well Slayer is at maximum levels. Always. Although he's mused that several characters like Jam and Venom could surpass him with enough time...however both of them are mere humans so the chances of them becoming overpowered is is low.

Then there's Sol, Dizzy, and Justice. Sol is rarely pushed to go all out though. BUT he is powerful enough to man-handle just about everyone. Dizzy is potentially stronger than Justice but since her innocent personality has her at bay (granted, in the original timeline she commits mass genocide with an army of gears). Justice is mankinds creation, their ultimate doom. But she never really gets more powerful than she already is, unlike most of the GG cast.

May...is a special case. The Japanese race were able to control a very powerful energy (If I recall, it was actually Chi/Ki energy) and were eradicated. May is one of the very few survivors. She is already pretty powerful, despite how young she is. She could potentially have a power level of over 9000 but in the story she is more concerned about proving herself to Johnny.

Other than that...the cast boils down in strength. It's not too ridiculous, really.

Not really sure what you mean about Ky, though. He's a BAMF in game and in story.

How Old is Slayer, by chance?
Older than Feudalism?

Ky Kiske is a major player for whether or not Dizzy goes wrong in the GG-verse's Space/Time Continuum, right?

Is May capable of holding up to 300+ Physical tons at minimum, if I had to ask?
I suspect she's Physically strong because she looks like she's carrying an Anchor, and how come as far as with what's confirmed, Kliff and Chipp are the only ones not from East Asia to wield that kind of power?

Potemkin is Boss as far as Physical Strength's concerned, isn't he?

Isn't that much a given, considering he had to lead a group of Knights in some amount of the Holy Orders at Age 16, by chance?
Javier Cross

Older than Feudalism?

Ky Kiske is a major player for whether or not Dizzy goes wrong in the GG-verse's Space/Time Continuum, right?

I suspect she's Physically strong because she looks like she's carrying an Anchor, and how come as far as with what's confirmed, Kliff and Chipp are the only ones not from East Asia to wield that kind of power?

Isn't that much a given, considering he had to lead a group of Knights in some amount of the Holy Orders at Age 16, by chance?

I don't know exactly how old but he is hundreds of years old, given that he is a Vampire.

Partially, yes. Ky has a lot on his plate. Although in the original timeline he was killed, I-No went back and revived him. He doesn't get too involved with Dizzy until the events of GG Overture start. Before then he was more concerned about retrieving Sol's weapon, keeping tabs on ah..."P.W.A.B"? Or whatever the governing force of the GG world is, and fighting Gears.

Hm. I honestly don't know. I'd dare to say she's almost as strong as Potemkin in the story. Maybe weaker since she's just a kid, and a pirate who wasn't professionally trained like Potemkin was. Kliff used to be extraordinarily powerful but he simply got older. His body couldn't keep up anymore. Chipp was trained to wield Chi for assassinations and stealth. Although he is prestigious he never needed to take down Commander Gears or say Dragons. *shrug*

Oh yeah. No doubt. But that's about it...raw, physical strength. That doesn't mean too much in the GG verse. Granted, he can have his way with most of the GG cast if he wanted to.
DarkKingJilly
Javier Cross

Older than Feudalism?

I don't know exactly how old but he is hundreds of years old, given that he is a Vampire.

Partially, yes. Ky has a lot on his plate. Although in the original timeline he was killed, I-No went back and revived him. He doesn't get too involved with Dizzy until the events of GG Overture start. Before then he was more concerned about retrieving Sol's weapon, keeping tabs on ah..."P.W.A.B"? Or whatever the governing force of the GG world is, and fighting Gears.

Hm. I honestly don't know. I'd dare to say she's almost as strong as Potemkin in the story. Maybe weaker since she's just a kid, and a pirate who wasn't professionally trained like Potemkin was. Kliff used to be extraordinarily powerful but he simply got older. His body couldn't keep up anymore. Chipp was trained to wield Chi for assassinations and stealth. Although he is prestigious he never needed to take down Commander Gears or say Dragons. *shrug*

Oh yeah. No doubt. But that's about it...raw, physical strength. That doesn't mean too much in the GG verse. Granted, he can have his way with most of the GG cast if he wanted to.

Then Slayer's Ancient at least.

At least I recalled enough to know that Ky wasn't the only player who managed to prevent Dizzy from going wrong, did I not?
Its kind of interesting that Ky qualifies as a Child Soldier back in the Crusades, actually.

What would be the importance of saying Dragons if I had to ask?
Taking down Command Gears speak for themselves as Sol had to bring down the Original Model of Justice in 1-vs-1 at the 1st Guilty Gear game,'The Missing Link', did he not?

Probably not with Sol or anyone of Sol's level, but everyone else is fair game for Potemkin if he wanted to have it that way, right?

May's that strong, right? eek
In the past few months I've picked up not only Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, and now Guilty gear and WOW I LIKE ARC SYS GAMES MORE THAN ANY OTHER FIGHTERS. I particularly like Blazblue the most out of them but Guilty Gear is quite awesome too. I'd say plot wise P4 Arena's good but I can't find anyone I like to play in it.

Now that this is said, no jokes please about the following...because I know people love to joke about Bridget.

So far I'm playing Bridget as a main , and I do REALLY good with him in arcade mode (which I'm doing first to just see how well I do with him , might be dumb but regardless) and I pretty much blaze my way through (though I've not really done overdrives or anything all that special yet but I'm still learning, I just got the game on the 5th) until I get to I-no and usually die to megalomania OR SOMETIMES she manages to instantly kill me with a combo? What even? I try really hard to dodge megalomania but sometimes she like just doesn't make that an easy task. I've also tried it with Jam and I had the same problem still. I-No is just a huge problem. Much harder than Unlimited Hazama in BB's arcade mode.

I still need to learn the button scheme so I don't quite understand what people mean when they say just numbers and the letters are different than ACBD so I'm like what in the everloving hell am I doing? Do I need a stick? I've been playing fighting games for at least 8 years and I'm not a complete newbie just a guilty gear newbie and I never used the numbers . Help?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff