Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cultist

I'm waiting to see the complete character roster before I make my decision.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeker

I'm expecting a SSB clones, not that it's a bad thing.

In the end the roster is what's gonna make it or break it for me.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I for one am excited to destroy foes with Parappa.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
If they add classic Crash and Spyro,I would be very pleased...chances are they won't...

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
"Ripoffs" are expected in the game industry, that's how genres start. Every game copies things it likes from other games - it's impossible to be original when tens of thousands of games have come before you. There's a reason why you aren't allowed to copyright things like "jumping on enemies' heads," "shooting a gun in first-person," or "a fighting game taking characters from a bunch of different games." As long as Nintendo can't sue Sony over this, I say its fair game - and they can't. sweatdrop

Besides, it's only *really* a ripoff if it doesn't bring its own mechanics to the table. It doesn't matter if you think those mechanics are unimportant or trivial. If the tiny details are enough to separate Call of Duty and Battlefield (and from what rabid fans of each say, they are) then they can certainly be enough to separate SSB and SASBR. After all, if games weren't allowed to copy each other, we wouldn't have most of the games we love. 3nodding

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Funny. Why did nobody cry when Jump! Ultimate Stars come out?

Same s**t. All the Shonen Jump characters together fighting each other. Yet nobody said anything.

People just want to cry about something.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lol agreed I have both jump super and ultimate stars and its just like smash bros except on the ds with anime characters.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Why is everyone bitching about this when they didn't even look at the gameplay correctly.

PSAS is indeed "similar" to Smash Bros.

But the differences outweigh the latter SO MUCH that bitching about this game being a "shameless" copy make the person who is bitching look extremely retarded.

The smash bros gameplay is to rack up damage to KO your opponent by knocking them off the stage, in Playstation Battle royale the object of the game is to rack up YOUR METER to unleash a super that may or may not KO your opponent whether or not it hits them.

It's a mix between Smash and the MvC series which is a good thing.

Next person who says this is a shameless copy is stupid.

stare

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
It isn't like other games haven't done the same to some other game, this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened and it wont be the last, where do you think the second love song came from if the first was never written? It is an age old thing, for years it has been happening with many things so it won't be stopping any time soon.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Its like arguing for any games sake oh cod copys halo no wait halo copys call of duty but wait they both copy duke nukem in a way wait that copied doom wait what about WolfStein 3d omg the chain.

.....hmmm killer instinct took from what mortal kombat took from street fighter omg every game .o.o copys something.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
-Candii_Sweet-
Why is everyone bitching about this when they didn't even look at the gameplay correctly.

PSAS is indeed "similar" to Smash Bros.

But the differences outweigh the latter SO MUCH that bitching about this game being a "shameless" copy make the person who is bitching look extremely retarded.

The smash bros gameplay is to rack up damage to KO your opponent by knocking them off the stage, in Playstation Battle royale the object of the game is to rack up YOUR METER to unleash a super that may or may not KO your opponent whether or not it hits them.

It's a mix between Smash and the MvC series which is a good thing.

Next person who says this is a shameless copy is stupid.

stare

You sir get a cookie
User Image
a bunch of them
moldy oldy news and yes yes it is

Quotable Informer

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
Theyve been wanting to do this for a very long time actually...

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Marleas Cygnus
Theyve been wanting to do this for a very long time actually...

This

People have beg and been wanting something like this from Sony for years and when it happens everyone starts crying about what a rip off it is.As a SSB fan I'm disappointed

Ruthless Informer

11,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion 300
  • PvP 200
"And.. and you know the God of War who comes from perhaps the best looking game on the planet."

... Oh lawlz. rofl

I want to use the Fat Princess. emotion_donotwant

And again, it may be a "copy" but it doesn't mean it'll be bad. Also doesn't mean it'll be any good though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff