Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Vampire

9,325 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

emotion_facepalm
You can tell the pink thing has princess peaches exact moves.
Sony always bashes Nintendo's ideas, just to copy them later without giving credit.
Wtf? :/

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
We know, already.
It's been discussed to death.
Yes, it's a shameless copy of the Smash series.[There's even a pic on the net of a Wii playing Brawl in the background of the dev room that the game was being made in to prove that's where they got their inspiration from]
No, there's no guarantee that being a copy will make it a bad game in and of itself.[though many do not have high hopes]
And finally, yes, the debate about it that is raging across the net is one of the dumbest displays of Sony fantards VS Nintendo fantards to date.

Friendly Vampire

9,325 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
smashbrolink
We know, already.
Yes, it's a shameless copy of the Smash series.[There's even a pic on the net of a Wii playing Brawl in the background of the dev room that the game was being made in to prove that's where they got their inspiration from]
No, there's no guarantee that being a copy will make it a bad game in and of itself.[though many do not have high hopes]
And finally, yes, the debate about it that is raging across the net is one of the dumbest displays of Sony fantards VS Nintendo fantards to date.

Ay, sorry for retoast sweatdrop

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
lone dark vampire wolfy
smashbrolink
We know, already.

Ay, sorry for retoast sweatdrop

Don't worry about it.
After all...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Businessman

The game doesn't seem to be much like Smash Bros., in fact, it seems more like Power Stone, only difference is that it's 2.5D instead of 3D.

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Edward 100
It can't be denied that it's pretty much a complete copy, though it is interesting to see Sony characters in a Brawl-type game. But yeah it being a copy doesn't mean it'll be a bad game, it's just not an original idea, and these days, originality is something pretty much only found in indie games.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I didn't watch the video the first time and simply passed it off as Sony trying to copy Nintendo (again) and nothing more. Boy as I wrong! That jerk PaRappa ripped off MY moves that I used when I auditioned for Brawl! cat_scream When I get my hands on him, I'm gonna get all Duck Hunt on his a**! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

gonk

I don't even recognize any of the characters.

Fail. emo

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So Nintendo are the only people allowed to make 2D party fighting games? Gotcha.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
What if the kind of people who would recognize these characters wouldn't be drawn to smash bros. ripoff and the kind of people who would be drawn to a smash bros ripoff wouldn't recognize the characters. eek

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ripoff. Definitely.
Every time Nintendo makes something really good, expect to see a Sony version.
The really bad thing about that game is that barely any of the characters are completely Sony owned. SSB has only had two 3rd party characters (Sonic and Snake) and this game primarily has 3rd party characters, which shows that Sony almost always has to rely on other companies to get money.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Why the heck does it matter. If your not going to buy it why should it matter if its a rip off. Who cares. Its like saying oh herp a derp the 360 can play cds or Nintendo using disc based tech. Wait they stole that idea from sony. oh wait sonic used it after the sega cd. Really in the end who cares people will buy it people will rate it and the world will keep spinning.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
If it's a good copy, I'm looking forward to it. I mean, Super Smash Bros used to be pretty fun.
Hopefully Sony doesn't copy the awful stages. Entire SSB series has one stage that I don't hate.

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
Who gives a s**t if its a "ripoff" I cant wait to play it.
Whether it's a ripoff or not is no matter to me. I've been saying that Sony and Microsoft should make their own versions of SSB since Melee came out. I personally can't wait for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff