User Image
What are Gaia Gift Credits and how do they work?

Gaia Gift Credits are a form of Gaia currency that you can purchase with cash in the Gaia Merchandise Store as a gift to the user of your choice.

One dollar is equal to 2,000 Gaia Gift Credits. Gift Credits can be used in Gaia Stores, and have the same value as Gaia gold. However, unlike Gaia gold, Gift Credits cannot be transferred or traded, nor can they buy Game Items or Donation Letters, and they cannot be converted into Gaia gold.

How do I know how many Gift Credits I have?
If you look at the top right corner of your screen, you'll see the number of Gifft Credits you have (if you have them). That number will be a link that will take you to your Gift Credit Account History (also known as your Checkbook).

Am I notified when I purchase items with Gift Credits?
You will recieve a PM from Rina after every transaction. If it's the first transaction of the day, you'll get a new PM; every purchase made with Gift Credits after the first one of the day will simply be added to that day's PM from Rina. You may note that every time you buy something, the message for the day will appear as unread, even if you have deleted it. You can, however, delete Rina's PMs from the day before, and they will stay deleted.

How do I clear my Purchase History?
Your Gift Credit Purchase History is permanent and cannot be removed or changed. This is for administrative and security reasons.

Where do I get Gift Credits?
You can purchase Gift Credits in the Gaia Merchandise Store (use the link at the top of this post). They can be purchased in USD$1.00 increments. (2,000 Gift Credits per USD$1.00).

If I buy Gift Credits, will I be able to use my Gift Credits immediately?
Depending on how your transaction was processed through the Gaia Merchandise Store, the person you gifted to may or may not have immediate access to their Gift Credits. If the person you gifted to does not have immediate access to their Gift Credits, they will generally be posted to their account within 2-5 business days.

I can't use the Gaia Merchandise Store! How can I get Gift Credits?
You can send Gaia an order for any merchandise item, including Gift Credits, via regular mail. Just mail us a note with your username on it and write clearly on the envelope "GIFT CREDITS" indicating how many Gift Credits you would like to purchase, along with your payment, to the following address:
Attn: AniHQ
PMB 414
105 Serra Way
Milpitas, CA 95035 USA.

For more information on how to do this, see the information on the Gift Credit page.

Where do I report Gift Credit bugs or problems using Gift Credits?
Please use this thread to report Gift Credit system bugs or problems.