Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok come on...1,400 just for ONE square? you've gotta be kidding me...and im at the quest now where i have to buy 3!? i need the money for other quests >_> at LEAST lower the price to like 500

Shameless Genius

40,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Night Owl 100
You can buy the paths and it counts for the quest 3nodding That's what I did for the buy 5 one.

Friendly Sex Symbol

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Actually a road is a 2x2, a path is 1x1. /nitpick

Persistent Hunter

21,575 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
just wait until they ask you for those three specific items that cost over 10k each

and two of them require an EXCESSIVE amount of friends to buy free

Durem Shapeshifter

What bugs me is that all roads give the same amount of happiness (400) but cost more and more as they're unlocked. The most expensive I've unlocked is 4,300, and they still only give +400 hapiness. evil

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
oddguy
just wait until they ask you for those three specific items that cost over 10k each

and two of them require an EXCESSIVE amount of friends to buy free

But he has more to look forward to. 10k is not much now that I'm up to where land expansions cost over half a mil and factories are 50k.
For people that argue about high prices: No one said you needed to complete that quest. If you don't have the coins then make the coins and wait. People complain about the flower quest. Yes, it is expensive, but it isn't anything later. I waited until I had the means to buy the items in comfort and I did just that. I suggest you try the same and see how it works out for you. I still haven't completed Elden's Elixer quest and I'm way past the level where I need those factories anymore. Before my I get an expansion I plan to just buy them, get it over with, then delete the things lol. dramallama

Persistent Hunter

21,575 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
the thing about quests....if you don't complete them, the storyline may or may not progress, barring progress to getting villagers. some of them MAY not be essential, but they don't tell you which ones!

so, you can't just ignore quests if you want more villagers, and certain further expansions require cash up front anyway, so even if the quests were not the issue, there's pay gates stubbornly enforced with stony faces.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

13,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I agree that they are a bit too high priced especially for the ones that are suppose to be the cheapest and are the only ones available at a low lvl. If you are a low lvl, its hard to get that much gold in game, but once you reach a higher lvl, new stuff is unlocked anyways and its easier to get the gold for those. Its not so bad in gold prices where I am lvl 25, but it makes it difficult in early levels to get happiness for all the things you are forced to buy in quests to progress through them.

@ Allison- some of us complete the quests for the cash and villagers that comes with them, plus doing so with neighbors will give you extra exp, gold, or items for those that gift you back.

Not all of us are able to buy cash whenever we want so its a way to earn it for free (especially if you are unable to work due to unknown disorder/illness doctors don't know what it is like I am) That's what I do them for because they so aren't worth the gold they give you for completing them -__- (200g after I spend nearly 200k and days of playing time.. whut...)

To those that say they give lots of cash and to not complain because I'm tired of hearing this- You may say sure they give us a lot of free cash, but even after all that cash I'm unable to buy decor that I want because I have to save 500 just for the lvl 5 house and then once you get to a point in the game your land expansions cost a killing in it as well because my next one for example is 300 cash. There is no option to use gold on it.. it is that you HAVE to pay 300 cash. Then its gold for the next one.. then 450 cash.. then gold.. then 600 cash.... That is 1850 cash that would take me 74 full daily bonuses that give you 25 cash each giving a total of 740 days. That's 2 years of playing without missing one day of cash if they DIDN'T give out a bit of cash every now and then and no quests. At least they DO give out some 150 or so cash every now and then because if they didn't, they would probably start losing people that played instead of gaining them. Luckily when you reach 50x50 it returns to them being worth gold and cash again but by the time you reach there you would have had to have spent 2840 cash that they somehow think we will gain and spend before we reach lvl 30 (since that's when more land expansions unlock) >.>.... I would be much higher than lvl 30 by the time I can afford all those and it irks me that I'm having to spend cash on land expansions that I most likely will use for factories and items that are worth gold anyways than the items worth cash I want to buy...
There's a lot of really pretty or cute buildings and items for the game at higher levels so you need space to put them around since the point in the game is to plant or make things, earn gold, and buy the pretty things that are there to decorate your tiny squares of space. You have to keep making it bigger in order to get them.

This game is based more around those that will spend their money on online gaming and they are high priced most likely because they are in a partnership of Fever Studio. Gold prices are not bad in game, its the requirement of certain items for cash like land expansions that is. You can get 100k+ in a day of picking cosmos and tulips around in the forum to sell if you did that every day. I would suggest those that have trouble earning gold at lower levels to do this. It works and if you feel like waiting to use your own things, higher lvls give you more gold for things you grow or make. It takes time and patience but you'll get there.
angelgirl2345
I agree that they are a bit too high priced especially for the ones that are suppose to be the cheapest and are the only ones available at a low lvl. If you are a low lvl, its hard to get that much gold in game, but once you reach a higher lvl, new stuff is unlocked anyways and its easier to get the gold for those. Its not so bad in gold prices where I am lvl 25, but it makes it difficult in early levels to get happiness for all the things you are forced to buy in quests to progress through them.

@ Allison- some of us complete the quests for the cash and villagers that comes with them, plus doing so with neighbors will give you extra exp, gold, or items for those that gift you back.

Not all of us are able to buy cash whenever we want so its a way to earn it for free (especially if you are unable to work due to unknown disorder/illness doctors don't know what it is like I am) That's what I do them for because they so aren't worth the gold they give you for completing them -__- (200g after I spend nearly 200k and days of playing time.. whut...)

To those that say they give lots of cash and to not complain because I'm tired of hearing this- You may say sure they give us a lot of free cash, but even after all that cash I'm unable to buy decor that I want because I have to save 500 just for the lvl 5 house and then once you get to a point in the game your land expansions cost a killing in it as well because my next one for example is 300 cash. There is no option to use gold on it.. it is that you HAVE to pay 300 cash. Then its gold for the next one.. then 450 cash.. then gold.. then 600 cash.... That is 1850 cash that would take me 74 full daily bonuses that give you 25 cash each giving a total of 740 days. That's 2 years of playing without missing one day of cash if they DIDN'T give out a bit of cash every now and then and no quests. At least they DO give out some 150 or so cash every now and then because if they didn't, they would probably start losing people that played instead of gaining them. Luckily when you reach 50x50 it returns to them being worth gold and cash again but by the time you reach there you would have had to have spent 2840 cash that they somehow think we will gain and spend before we reach lvl 30 (since that's when more land expansions unlock) >.>.... I would be much higher than lvl 30 by the time I can afford all those and it irks me that I'm having to spend cash on land expansions that I most likely will use for factories and items that are worth gold anyways than the items worth cash I want to buy...
There's a lot of really pretty or cute buildings and items for the game at higher levels so you need space to put them around since the point in the game is to plant or make things, earn gold, and buy the pretty things that are there to decorate your tiny squares of space. You have to keep making it bigger in order to get them.

This game is based more around those that will spend their money on online gaming and they are high priced most likely because they are in a partnership of Fever Studio. Gold prices are not bad in game, its the requirement of certain items for cash like land expansions that is. You can get 100k+ in a day of picking cosmos and tulips around in the forum to sell if you did that every day. I would suggest those that have trouble earning gold at lower levels to do this. It works and if you feel like waiting to use your own things, higher lvls give you more gold for things you grow or make. It takes time and patience but you'll get there.

I don't really know why you decided to talk to me directly. You are defending quests, complaining about cash, and? Well, I'm not really sure.

I got enough to pay for my house upgrade by winning 3rd place in 1 contest they did. They DO give out a lot of free cash all the time. The 50 cash, the 150 cash, the 25 cash, all the cash you can win by doing contests, 25 cash a week, and cash from quests. I don't do the quests because they make no sense. They want you to spend a lot of cash/coins and then they give you +10. If you're saying you do the quests to earn cash then that's certainly backwards. I'm glad you're not to those quests that are unfair to the players by giving them a cash reward that is so tiny.

You may be able to benefit from quests now, and I'm happy for that. However, it doesn't change that you should wait to afford the quests that people argue about. If you can't afford to buy a path you're obviously trying to buy them too soon. That's what this thread was about. With ALL of these reward links here, people still complain? On a new account, I was able to get 60k+ in one day from collecting flowers so I completely agree with you there. That's why I posted here, because people complain about prices.

I know that the cash is hard on players but they need to make money. I'm sure you've heard that story before though, and I'm 100% sure you realize they are a business etc. etc. All of my friends that have illness spend more money on the game. That's because they are not spending money going out and doing things normal people do, therefore they have more money to spend on what they want to do at home for entertainment. I can afford to buy cash for this game because my dad did good in school and got a good job so I am grateful for that. Still, I win cash as well and obviously collect free cash that they give out.

The 300 cash and things people talk about is like 5 dollars. If you want to wait or not that's your choice. If you don't have 5 dollars, or if you do but don't want to spend it, then that's your choice. This cash stuff makes me upset too but I pace myself. I'm not embarrassed or consider myself a cheater when I spend like 10 dollars every other month. It's all in the player's choice.
I personally think the paths and roads are waaaay overpriced, especially compared to other games.
Summer Springs is overpriced lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces