Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Knife

20,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Playing through the quest to catch all of the moga, I've run into a few things that made the quest irritating and more difficult than it needs to be. With regards to my experience, I'd like to offer a few suggestions in the hopes of making a main quest a lot less frustrating.

1.) The order of the moga. It seems counter-intuitive to me to have the moga required jump around in level so much. For example, why are the cemetery moga required to be caught before the moga down by the river? I noticed this happened several times and found it to be pretty annoying. It resulted more than once in me needing to catch a moga after my team had passed its level, and having to go back and train the moga up if I wanted to use it.

2.) ...which leads to an alternate fix idea. It might be more convenient to be able to do the quest in any order. I'm inclined, when I see a new moga for the first time, to go GRABBY HANDS and want it to be mine. But due to the rarity of star seeds, I have to stamp down on my excitement and wait for the quest to roll around, after which the moga I'd wanted is usually underleveled. Disregarding capture order and giving credit anyway would also account for moga caught before the quest begins, of which I had several and then had to recatch.

3.) Really? We can't catch any moga over our level AT ALL? This is extra annoying because of the aforementioned problem with the quest not going according to probable moga level. That means that after I train my team up to level 14 so I can get a Zomoo, it'll be time to go get a Blix, which I really liked the design for- but of course, by then we'll have passed them in level.

I enjoy this game a lot, but I think a few minor fixes and some order tweaking could make a very central frustrating quest a lot more fun. I like progressing the quests and story- grinding to level up the moga I've just caught, not so much.
I have to agree with you about the order of the Moga. It seems odd how they want us to capture those in the cemetery before the one at the river. After all, the ones at the cemetery are three level higher than the ones at the river. The same goes for those near the Royal Battledome too. I suggest, they should place the order of the Mogas by the level of the location. That way, it will be easier for those to get it.

For the alternate, I don't think the developers will allow us to have it in any order. They made a long chain of quests to go according to the locations they can be found, having one quest to be triggered once the previous quest is completed. If the developers have the quest go in any order, not only will it may cause a problem of having getting the same quest if selected by random, but also it will cause the players frustrated of going back and forth between two maps and not to mention the issue with level.

As for the "unable to catch Moga above our level," the developers already explained that they did it to balance the game. They don't want players to "power level" the game, dumping the Mogas they have trained for Mogas that have higher level than theirs.

Feral Knife

20,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Aah, that's true, I guess. I didn't think about the power leveling thing. Still, if they're going to leave it that way, I'd really like for them to arrange the order of the moga that need to be caught a little. ^^
It would be easiest if when Nova gives you the next Moga to catch, she checks your Moga-dex for it first. If you have the Moga already, you get credit for the quest and she moves on to the next one in line. I wanted to suggest something like that, but saw this post and thought it fit. I would really love if this was implemented. The last four Mogas I've had to catch have been duplicates, and I hate wasting star seeds on something that I've already caught.
UntamedDreamer
It would be easiest if when Nova gives you the next Moga to catch, she checks your Moga-dex for it first. If you have the Moga already, you get credit for the quest and she moves on to the next one in line. I wanted to suggest something like that, but saw this post and thought it fit. I would really love if this was implemented. The last four Mogas I've had to catch have been duplicates, and I hate wasting star seeds on something that I've already caught.

As I've already explained to many people about this. The developers don't want to put automatic complete when you already have the Moga.

They want us to think of it as "Final Exam" so we can prove ourselves we can be "Moga Masters." So any Mogas we've already captured are no go because they are like "study guides" to the quest. In addition, having mutliple Mogas will make us "very happy" for they will give us "special ability."
Well, if you're having to tell "many people" about this, then "many people" are not "very happy" with having to catch duplicate Mogas and wasting star seeds. So maybe, if enough people keep bringing it up, the devs might change it -- like add a Sell a Moga feature where you get whistles or coffee or something. Or do like suggested and check your dex whenever you get a new capture quest.
UntamedDreamer
Well, if you're having to tell "many people" about this, then "many people" are not "very happy" with having to catch duplicate Mogas and wasting star seeds. So maybe, if enough people keep bringing it up, the devs might change it -- like add a Sell a Moga feature where you get whistles or coffee or something. Or do like suggested and check your dex whenever you get a new capture quest.

Actually, that second statement in my last post is what the developers told us. :/

And like you stated before, people are not "very happy" about it, including myself. We think that it was a terrible reply about the multiple Mogas and we even made a petition about it too. However, the developers didn't take our petition. :/

However, I can inform you that the developers are planning to make a Marketplace for us to sell our extras. It's just that they're still making plans and detail about the Marketplace. So it's unknown when it will be released. >>;
At least there will be some way to get rid of duplicates. I have a crapload of them I don't want. Sad that they didn't take the petition to heart. Hopefully the Marketplace will be released soon. It's almost to the point where I don't want to do the Black Gold quest because of how many duplicates I have. Especially when it's rare and super rare Mogas I have to catch sad I'll just catch the Mogas I want to catch and worry about the quest later when I can get rid of the duplicates.

2,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i'm not very happy about those quests because i already have alot of rare/super rare mogas which i caught already. Almost all the mogas in sunshire i already have, its dumb to recatch them.. And the rewards are just too puny to repay all the hard work i have already done on the monsters. So i'm just gonna leave the quest alone since i might be able to catch black gold in pueblonia, without the quest. dramallama
RoboTeefy
i'm not very happy about those quests because i already have alot of rare/super rare mogas which i caught already. Almost all the mogas in sunshire i already have, its dumb to recatch them.. And the rewards are just too puny to repay all the hard work i have already done on the monsters. So i'm just gonna leave the quest alone since i might be able to catch black gold in pueblonia, without the quest. dramallama

I heard in the FB discussion when Black Gold quest started that someone found Black Gold at Adventure Island outside of quest. However, it was impossible for the player to catch it because the success rate is -1%. sweatdrop

I think the developers removed it and now the only way to get Black Gold is through quest.
I dont like the idea to catch those MoGas again as well.. but I realized very soon that you have to catch them again..
(it was @ Dinho.. I catched one already and the Quest said: "Get Dinho"
I was like: Already has :B..
but after I had to get another one, I realized.. darn..)

Luckily I caught an Azurel and an Woolf.. so I only had to get another Woolf :O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces