• Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki
A proper undead faction would be nice.
everyone want one of those

What about a proper Japanese faction?

Some Samurai as the mid level combatants...

Ninja as scouts...

Ashigaru as basic footmen...

Samurai with Yumi or Arquebus as the ranged...

Onmyo or Shugenja as Attuners.

The Heralds can be Raikoh or Himiko...

Or if they want tropey on the side of cliche they could go with the three Heralds as the likeness of the Three Unifiers.

Vicious Seeker

12,415 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Byakko Yasutsuki
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki

Ninja as scouts...

Or if they want tropey on the side of cliche they could go with the three Heralds as the likeness of the Three Unifiers.
a lot of people like japanese thing, this can be a hit if done well

or maybe use humans and youkais, like onis, tengus, kappas

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki

Ninja as scouts...

I think I would much rather see a human Japanese faction. The whole "Samurai Riding a T-rex" thing has been done before. Although an Asian Celestial faction might be cool... Something near the Ookami bent.

Vicious Seeker

12,415 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Byakko Yasutsuki
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki
Death Side
Byakko Yasutsuki

Ninja as scouts...

I think I would much rather see a human Japanese faction. The whole "Samurai Riding a T-rex" thing has been done before. Although an Asian Celestial faction might be cool... Something near the Ookami bent.
when i saw the word Ookami, I just thought about a big white wolf white red marks

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Death Side
when i saw the word Ookami, I just thought about a big white wolf white red marks

I meant stylistically...

Vicious Seeker

12,415 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Byakko Yasutsuki
Death Side

I meant stylistically...
but you know what I mean

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Let us see let us see. What new faction can I come up with. I already covered a Underwater mermaid like faction. I went over a humanoid jungle cat faction *cough*thundercats*cough* Now what can I think up?

OH how about some zodiac or starsigns Faction. Creatures made from the energy of the stars trying to fix the shattered realms. Like a Hero Centaur whos body looks like the dark depths of space with stars and he shoots celestial arrows. Orion himself can wield his mighty weapons. Caprcorn wouldn't have to carry the midget on his back anymore.

Seriously the mount for knight of 3 dooms is a huge goat.

Any who my Ideas on units.

Orion.
a monstrous rooster.
Leo.

stuff.

Cut me a break I came up with three faction ideas so far I can't do so much work on my own. Someone add detail to my idea.

Dedicated Soldier

7,075 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
Spike_Vein
Let us see let us see. What new faction can I come up with. I already covered a Underwater mermaid like faction. I went over a humanoid jungle cat faction *cough*thundercats*cough* Now what can I think up?

OH how about some zodiac or starsigns Faction. Creatures made from the energy of the stars trying to fix the shattered realms. Like a Hero Centaur whos body looks like the dark depths of space with stars and he shoots celestial arrows. Orion himself can wield his mighty weapons. Caprcorn wouldn't have to carry the midget on his back anymore.

Orion.
a monstrous rooster.
Leo.

stuff.

Cut me a break I came up with three faction ideas so far I can't do so much work on my own. Someone add detail to my idea.

How about humanizing some of the zodiacs? Or exaggerating their characteristics?

Perhaps you can have a unit known as Scorpius the Stinger. It's stinger is the largest or second largest part of the creature and it can have a special ability that can cause a targeted unit to take damage every turn.

Leonitus would be a lion-like bipedal warrior that could have a special ability called Rend which will deal heavy damage to a single target and another special ability called Courage which would give either accuracy and/or damage bonuses to ally units.

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Brothers Keep
Spike_Vein

Orion.
a monstrous rooster.
Leo.

stuff.

How about humanizing some of the zodiacs? Or exaggerating their characteristics?

Perhaps you can have a unit known as Scorpius the Stinger. It's stinger is the largest or second largest part of the creature and it can have a special ability that can cause a targeted unit to take damage every turn.

Leonitus would be a lion-like bipedal warrior that could have a special ability called Rend which will deal heavy damage to a single target and another special ability called Courage which would give either accuracy and/or damage bonuses to ally units.
That sounds awesome.

Dedicated Soldier

7,075 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
Spike_Vein
That sounds awesome.

Thanks man! Just helping to elaborate and expand on your idea.

Benevolent Codger

'Girly' though the Fey may be, when I read it my first thoughts went to A Midsummer Night's Dream's Oberon and the Green Man - neither of which is particularly effeminate. I think between satyrs and centaurs and such, there would be plenty of room for masculine characters interspersed with things like dryads and nymphs. 3nodding

Not that any of the other factions really have one either, but have you given any thought to a mechanical identity for your fae? Archetypically the fae tend to be benevolent tricksters, though I'm not sure how best to represent trickiness in contrast to the Hellspawn's outright malevolence. Copying and disabling Properties is something that's been discussed elsewhere which would fit, and would avoid the obvious answers (debuffs) which have already been given a more ominous flavour.
Shintouyu
You know, I imagined the fair-folks would team up with the Avalon faction.

Archetypically speaking, faeries have a couple of obvious philosophical distinctions from Avalon. Firstly, the fey tend to be portrayed as highly chaotic; they're traditionally used to represent the seemingly fickle aspects of nature. Avalon, however, is highly ordered and civilised - they rely on that structure considerably, and faerie pranks and bacchanals wouldn't really fit what Avalon is going for. Secondly, faeries are extremely natural - they're representative of nature, and often actively seek to return things to their wild, natural state. Avalon, on the other hand, is extremely artificial - they rely on arcane magic, on bulky armour, and on arbitrary laws in order to survive. The fae are very much about the wilderness, while Avalon is very much about the urban sprawl.

Philosophically speaking, the fey are most directly comparable to how I interpret the Flameborn - they both have a distinct affinity for nature (the dragons because of their high position in the natural order, the fae because they are facets of nature itself) and both tend to be rather fickle and chaotic. As such, it would be relatively important to draw a strong philosophical distinction between the two, so that it's clear what the disfunction between them is. The most obvious to me seems that fae would perceive the natural order as cyclical (with everything mutually supporting each other), while the Flameborn perceive it as hierarchical (with themselves at the top of the food-chain, both literally and metaphorically). This distinction between the more predatory and the more holistic interpretations of nature would probably be enough to distinguish the two, though I'm not sure how one might represent that difference mechanically... sweatdrop

Malevolent Lover

11,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
i like the idea because i notice that most of the women card female cards and stuff are weak and theirs like only one... herald in hell welp and i think the games abit sexist....

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Vile Dreams
i like the idea because i notice that most of the women card female cards and stuff are weak
Weak? Nope.

Malevolent Lover

11,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Shintouyu
Vile Dreams
i like the idea because i notice that most of the women card female cards and stuff are weak
Weak? Nope.
not all of them but is thier like any rare or strong level 5 cards no :L plus... i think we need more women in the game sorry if this sounds sexist or anything or offending . i just believe we need more cards that are women

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,000 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vile Dreams
i like the idea because i notice that most of the women card female cards and stuff are weak and theirs like only one... herald in hell welp and i think the games abit sexist....
Check out Eldwyn and Master of flames and your ideas on that will be changed a bit. and there are two females in hellspawn Succubus and The Queen. I forgot her name. Also you have the Dragon's female herald who is a one woman army literaly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff