Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
I've recently started playing Monster Galaxy after seeing the ad for it on facebook. So far I am really enjoying it - glitches galore, but it is still in beta, so no complaints there.

I thought it would be nice to have a proper discussion thread for those of us who play the game, as well as it serving as a place to compile a list of suggestions for the game developers - as I will say, this game has plenty of potential, but the great thing about an online game is that it can continually be improved and developed and expanded! heart

So here are the things I would like to see in Monster Galaxy:

An easier way to get the daily prize.
emails, facebook connect, having to wait at least 24 hours before claiming again... it seems like a feature that could be far simpler.
for example, in Cafe Life, the first time you load up the game each day you are rewarded with coins. Similarly in Dragons of Atlantis, the first time you load up the game each day you get to play "fortuna's chance", essentially receiving a random prize of resources, gold or an item. There is no waiting at least 24 hours between, it simply seems to work by the date. so if you played at 7pm on the 10th of march, you could get your free daily prize, but then if you played on the 11th of march at 11am, you could claim your freebie for that day then, rather than having to wait til 7pm.

Higher chance of catching each rarity of Moga.
I think the game would be much more enjoyable if the chances of catching each rarity were... well, a little easier, and more logical.. at the moment, it seems that a beginner or training moga will shoot up to a percentage of 99% or so, whereas an epic moga, also drained to 1hp, will never even hit 10%. It would be nicer if the highest percentages for each rarity were a little more evened-out, such as:
Training/Beginner - up to 100%
Common - up to 75%
Uncommon - up to 50%
Rare - up to 33%
Super Rare - up to 25%
Epic - up to 15%
Legendary - up to 11%
(not to say it should be those stats exactly, but to give an idea~)

Different types of StarSeeds.
Could be considered an alternative to the above suggestion, having more powerful types of StarSeeds which give a higher chance of catching instead. Might also be fun to have types that work better on certain elements/zodiacs.

Different colour code for Common and Uncommon mogas.
Training & Beginner are white, and seeing as training are pretty much the same as beginners, that's cool. Commons are green. Uncommons and Rares are both blue. A very simple plea, I just think it would be nice if they were different colours XD Super Rares are... magenta? (i can't decide if it's pink or purple, lol!) Epics are orange and Legendary are red. Why not make Rares yellow or something? Would just make the mogadex a little clearer smile

To be Able to View Friends' Mogadex.
I think it would be really cool if, when you visit your friends homes, you could view their Mogadex under the Team tab instead of your own. ^^ You can only change your team from your own home anyway, so i think it'd be nice to be able to view your friends when you visit them, to see what mogas they have and whose in their team! biggrin

Varied stats between each type of Moga!
At the moment, mogas of the same level all have very similar health points, as well as generally pretty similar attack stats, both for physical and zodiac moves... the different status-effect attacks between each species gives a nice range, but it would be nice to see some mogas being very physically powerful but weak zodiac-wise, and some the opposite, and suchlike. I think this would add more depth to the gameplay.

The options to rename, release, and trade mogas with friends.
Suggested by Raiten Ka.
Pretty self explanatory. it'd be nice to be able to rename our mogas, be able to release them back to the wild, and to trade with friends - this last one in particular could make the game a lot more social and fun! would also encourage activity in the forum here and on facebook, no doubt ^^

Greater rewards for quests.
Suggested by Raiten Ka.
1 blue coffee as a reward for a quest which wears out your mogas plenty of times before you can complete it... hardly seems fair, right? greater quantities would be much appreciated by all players, i'm sure! especially since blue coffees have a very low drop rate from battles. I'm going to make an educated guess here and say I'm thinking many players would like more starseeds as rewards from quests. bonus whistles wouldn't hurt either - just anything to make it feel more rewarding! smile

Evolving mogas.
Suggested by XxRavenV2.
Not really necessary, but a feature that could make things a little more interesting and some players may find the game more enjoyable with this sort of feature.
The suggestion is that more common mogas could have 3 stages (so they evolve twice) and slightly rarer mogas have 2 stages (so they only evolve once) and that the epic/legendarys don't evolve, since they are hard enough to catch to begin with! razz

Option to "Guard" in battle.
Considering the few ammounts of moves each moga has overall is only 25, not including bonus attacks, there are certain instances where it would be preferable to be able to pass up your turn without using up a move - for example, when your moga is blind, or if the enemy is using a buff such as poison trap or armour, and you would rather wait til things such as this have worn off before using one of your moves, it would be nice to have the option to Guard. This would pass the turn back to the enemy, so you wouldn't waste a move, but because you would be passing the chance to deal damage, you would instead take less damage for that enemy's turn. Then take your next turn as normal, or guard again. This would make battles more about strategy, as well as less frustrating when you have to attack but don't want to!

I will add more as I think of them, and everyone please do stay and chat and discuss the game, make your own suggestions which I may add to the list or to one of the reserved posts or something 4laugh

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
reserved post, just in case it's needed later on~

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
reserved post, just in case it's needed later on~

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
thread is open! biggrin what do you guys think of my suggestions? (and anyone who works on the game if you happen to see this, your opinion would be great to hear too!) anything you other tamers wanna add?
heck yes these ideas are good Gaia make is so! XD
Make it easier to level up~!!
It takes AGES to get like 5k of xp >_<
Great ideas, I'm totally with you =D
About the DP and starseed I even made a topic yesterday http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/monster-galaxy/suggestion-new-daily-prize-and-free-gifts-timing/t.70165959/
So - BUMP... cheese_whine

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
commented in your thread, nayard smile

soulsearcher;
good idea, mind if i add it to the list?
i think the ammount of exp you get just needs to increase more by each level, cos at i think level 7's get you 100exp, and it's not til like level 14 that you get 200exp... which isnt a great increase considering how much tougher they are to kill... :S

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I'd like if there was some icon on the friend list along the bottom when their tree is ready for picking. I hate having to click through 20+ people who don't play much anymore to find the people who have ripe trees.

Please bring back the winter limited Mogas next year. I was playing some around then, but not enough to find one, and I didn't have time to keep at it.

I really want a chance to get at least a couple more of the starter Moga you pick from (they can't be found regularly, right?) It was a hard choice and I really want a couple others!!

I really agree with you about the catch percent increase xp I understand they want the rares to be hard, but they're REALLY hard since its pretty limited how many starseeds you can get per day short of spending money, but honestly I'd hate to spend $10 and have it all be for like 1 or 2 Moga at most. You have no guarantee of catching anything if you spend money on the game, so its more like increasing your chance at a lottery.
Its gotten so I don't even want to play the game until I have 15+ starseeds built up, otherwise if I do encounter something I want, I won't be able to catch it.

I also think being able to see friends' Mogadex would be cool. Its hard to really look at things when there's a bunch all hopping around on top of each other.

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
That is a good idea, to have icons when friends have whistles ready for harvesting smile would you mind if i add it to the first post?

I'm hoping they will bring out the 2 wintery mogas again next christmas season too, especially seeing as I didn't even find the game until after they were gone :/ lol. and they look so cute & awesome ^3^ do want!

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can get all those mogas in game, i've seen a lot of them already anyway and caught a few smile I started with Smok, but i've also caught Cathulu, seen Leviathan, aaaand now my brain's gone blank haha but i'm pretty sure they're all out there.

hehe yea, plus some people seem to get all the luck. i've seen people saying they caught several epics with only 1 starseed each or something, whereas it took me about 4 starseeds to catch a common when it had only 1hp! haha. i'm not bitter though. i just think that something needs to be done to adjust it a little.

and i agree XD too difficult. plus I just want to be able to see what my friends have caught, what levels they are and what they've named them and such smile
I don't think we need to check our friend's Mogadex if we can see them through their storage. >>; However, I will admit it is annoying when our friends don't put Moga in the house if they have over 24. LOL XD

Another thing you don't need to add suggestion is the stats of the Moga. If you look at the Mogadex, you would have noticed the "Coming Soon" on the stats. It means that the developers are planning to make stats for the Moga instead of the same stat for all. In fact, the developers had made a tread about Special Attacks in Facebook that they are planning to change the stats.

I like you to add up two for your suggestion. One is the buttons for trading Moga, renaming, and releasing Moga. I know there are some who want to trade Moga, some who want to rename the Moga (including myself), and some who want to release if having extra. That will be very helpful. :3

Another suggestion is having more rewards in the quests. There are some quests that I think deserve more than just having 1 starseed or blue coffee if achieving it. I mean, 1 starseed for capturing Shen after terrorizing the citizens? I don't think so. talk2hand Some of the quests deserve to have bigger reward than one. It just makes me feel like I'm a beginner of the game. >>;

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Oooh, i didn't know you could view your friends storage. none of my friends have it yet... XD lol.
Still, i think the mogadex is a better way to view :3 but tha's jus' me. whee

i was wondering that that might be the case, but i figured i'd add the point about varied stats cos i get the impression that a lot of players want that, so i thought i may as well add it before someone suggested i add it to the list anyway, haha. but i hope you are right! and i wonder when this will happen in the game.. hmmm... surprised

and i Totally agree with those suggestions! I will add them in a moment. especially the renaming thing, cos typos happen, people change their minds, and i've had the game freeze a couple times and when you refresh it saves the moga with it's default name, oi XD

and better rewards are a must. 1 blue coffee for catching a war lepus? i STILL haven't caught one and it's knocked out my mogas or almost KO'd them a faaaaair few times >.>;

EDIT: added your suggestions to the first post smile and credited them to you.
Well, now you know. LOL XD They added it before people were complaining about having their houses being crowded and having trouble putting them to rest (including myself and I had like 26 Mogas at that time. LOL XD.) Now that they added it, it makes it easier for us to put them to sleep and have more room. :3 In addition, they also make it organize too when you look for a certain Moga or what your friend have in their storage. Just visit a friend and click on the door to see them. It can only be unlocked when your friends have 20 Moga or more. However, there are some people who are too lazy to do it or it just that they like their Moga roaming around. LOL XD

Quite understandable about the stats. However, I just thought I might let you know that the developers are working on it. LOL XD

Oh, you don't need to credit me about the rename, trading, and release. I've seen plenty of those in Facebook discussion, I don't know who first suggested it. LOL XD It would be grateful to have those options.
Great sugestions and I agree with all of them, especially the Trade, Rename and Release feature. Would be the best XD

It would be nice to have more limited edition mogas for like every big event, besides winter, like a summer version or easter limited edition XDD

And well, it's kind of a cliché, but it would be nice if mogas could evolve and they would have up to 3 stages of evolution. Begginer, common and uncommun would have 3 stages [which means they could evolve just 2 times], rare and super rare just 2 stages [they'd evolve just once] and the rest couldn't evolve cuz they're allready hard to find and also, evolved beyond epic mogas would create huge gaps between players. Anyway it's just an example, not necessary like this wink smile

6,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Raiten Ka;
yea, i wanted to put your name tho cos i'd rather it be seen that this is a collaborative list of ideas, not just my own smile

haha yea, it was so tricky to click on the right ones to make them nap before i unlocked the storage XD i have 41 mogas now... woop 4laugh

XxRavenV2;
yea, it would be cool. atm i'm just hoping i can catch a War Lepus before they disappear! XD
and interesting suggestion smile i'm actually happy without evolutions, but they are fun ^^ kinda exciting in a silly kiddy way XD want me to add it to the list?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff