Welcome to Gaia! ::

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

I feel that Blue Coffee is just as commonly used as any other item, and also as crucial.

Making it able to be gifted along with the Name Tags, HP Potions, Evolution Potions, and Starseeds,
would really help out all of the players a great deal.

Shikojiki's Princess

Rainbow Sex Symbol

19,265 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
Or better yet,
Replace Name tags with Blue Coffee and make it so we have to buy Name Tags.
Seriously.
>:Y

Herpa Derp

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

I actually agree with that. Name Tags seem too plentiful, and how often do you really rename a Moga?

Shikojiki's Princess

Rainbow Sex Symbol

19,265 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've re-named a few but I think they're just a pointless gift.
The Blue Coffees would be far more useful.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yes, very much. 3nodding

Shikojiki's Princess

Rainbow Sex Symbol

19,265 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
And bump for extra awesome~

Liberal Dabbler

free blue coffee?! confused
but don't you think this would have an adverse effect on the value of coffee as a commodity gaia_gaiagold
the hell am I saying... rolleyes

THIS SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED ALREADY classified_fu stressed

Invisible Seeker

19,275 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I love that idea and agree with all your points.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Irritable Jo
but don't you think this would have an adverse effect on the value of coffee as a commodity gaia_gaiagold

I don't think it would have a negative effect on it's value, especially if you have to earn the right to gift the Blue Coffees,
just like you needing a certain amount of neighbors to gift the Starseeds and 100 HP Potions.

Say, for example, you need to have 25 neighbors to unlock Blue Coffee for gifting;
considering it's usefulness in the game I believe that would make it fair.

Draconian Lunatic

45,650 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Yes please. I was wondering why it wasn't a gift option. For a while I thought it already was.
If they allow people to gift such sought after things as Starseeds and Health/Evo potions, why not Blue Coffee, too? Just seems like an odd thing to leave out.

I suppose it must be making a lot of money for them to not want us passing them out as free gifts.

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
yes we need Blue Coffee as free gifts that well be big hlep to all of us.

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Irritable Jo

Frankly speaking, there's no trading system in place, so there's no way to procure Blue Coffee other than buying it with Moga Cash or the various reward systems. Blue Coffee isn't a commodity because it can only be bought, never sold. Yeah, it's true that the sales of Blue Coffee in the Sky Shop will plummet if offered as a gift, but it'll make the game easier to play. When it's a more playable game, more users will start playing. When you have more users, you have a larger pool of people willing to spend their Moga Cash on what really earns the money in the Sky Shop: Moga Chance Items.
I wholeheartedly agree that Nametags are not the hot gift item this season. That's why they're all the way on the opposite end of the spectrum from the most popularly sent gift items. Blue Coffees could easily replace them, and I doubt that there will be many complaints over this. The right to gift these should be earned, though, and not by just 25 neighbors. I say it should be 30 neighbors or more. Blue Coffee is powerful and expensive, and unless the Sky Shop price on it gets lowered upon gifting release, the neighbor requirement should reflect this price.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Red Dye Number Three

Frankly speaking, there's no trading system in place, so there's no way to procure Blue Coffee other than buying it with Moga Cash or the various reward systems. Blue Coffee isn't a commodity because it can only be bought, never sold. Yeah, it's true that the sales of Blue Coffee in the Sky Shop will plummet if offered as a gift, but it'll make the game easier to play. When it's a more playable game, more users will start playing. When you have more users, you have a larger pool of people willing to spend their Moga Cash on what really earns the money in the Sky Shop: Moga Chance Items.
I wholeheartedly agree that Nametags are not the hot gift item this season. That's why they're all the way on the opposite end of the spectrum from the most popularly sent gift items. Blue Coffees could easily replace them, and I doubt that there will be many complaints over this. The right to gift these should be earned, though, and not by just 25 neighbors. I say it should be 30 neighbors or more. Blue Coffee is powerful and expensive, and unless the Sky Shop price on it gets lowered upon gifting release, the neighbor requirement should reflect this price.

I agree with you there, the number 25 was just used as an example.

Since there seems to be 3 empty "slots" in the gifting window, based on how it looks,
perhaps they could do something like this:

40 HP Potion - Default
Evolution Potion - Default
Starseed - 4 Neighbors
100 HP Potion - 10 Neighbors
250 HP Potion - 25 Neighbors
500 HP Potion - 50 Neighbors
Blue Coffee - 75 Neighbors
2x Exp Potion - ??? Neighbors

I just threw in the 2x Exp Potion at the end there because I thought it made sense,
but if that is too much to ask they could just not do it and keep Name Tag as a default.

I just felt this was a pretty reasonable solution. Any thoughts?

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
ChaosTrooper

I agree with you there, the number 25 was just used as an example.

Since there seems to be 3 empty "slots" in the gifting window, based on how it looks,
perhaps they could do something like this:

40 HP Potion - Default
Starseed - 4 Neighbors
500 HP Potion - 50 Neighbors
Blue Coffee - 75 Neighbors

I just threw in the 2x Exp Potion at the end there because I thought it made sense,
but if that is too much to ask they could just not do it and keep Name Tag as a default.

I just felt this was a pretty reasonable solution. Any thoughts?

That all seems good, but... The neighbor counts seem really high for the upper items. More on that later, though.
Part of me feels like there should be an gifting option for Fizzy Cola instead of so many HP potions. Luckily, the system for using items on Monster Galaxy isn't like that of Pokemon, where using an item means that an entire turn is taken. Theoretically, five 40 HP Potions would be just as effective as one 250 HP Potion (disregarding the 10 HP discrepancy). This means that, for users, it'd be more effective to offer items with a variety of effects rather than a niche of items. Instead of a 500 HP potion, I think that Fizzy Cola should be offered, though at a slightly discounted neighbor amount.
Instead of such a rapidly escalating neighbor tier for gifts, I think it should be offered in more of a gentle scale.

40 HP Potion - Default
Starseed - 5 Neighbors
Fizzy Cola - 40 Neighbors
Blue Coffee - 65 Neighbors

Truth be told, most of this is guesswork. Developers and strategists (and whoever else they have working on the non-coding aspects of the game) will probably have a more realistic amount in mind, one that benefits the players and is still cost effective for the Sky Shop. Whatever happens, I know that the serious players will add however many friends necessary, and will probably maintain that friendlist for quite a while. Casual players or cautious Gaians who don't want to add strangers will play as they please, either with limited items or with Moga Cash.
Whatever happens, I feel that Devs will eventually hear our cry for Blue Coffee at the least and try to implement a change. If not, then... well, I'm sure they're aware of the many gripes that players already have with the system's difficulty.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Red Dye Number Three
That all seems good, but... The neighbor counts seem really high for the upper items. More on that later, though.
Part of me feels like there should be an gifting option for Fizzy Cola instead of so many HP potions. Luckily, the system for using items on Monster Galaxy isn't like that of Pokemon, where using an item means that an entire turn is taken. Theoretically, five 40 HP Potions would be just as effective as one 250 HP Potion (disregarding the 10 HP discrepancy). This means that, for users, it'd be more effective to offer items with a variety of effects rather than a niche of items. Instead of a 500 HP potion, I think that Fizzy Cola should be offered, though at a slightly discounted neighbor amount.
Instead of such a rapidly escalating neighbor tier for gifts, I think it should be offered in more of a gentle scale.

40 HP Potion - Default
Starseed - 5 Neighbors
Fizzy Cola - 40 Neighbors
Blue Coffee - 65 Neighbors

Truth be told, most of this is guesswork. Developers and strategists (and whoever else they have working on the non-coding aspects of the game) will probably have a more realistic amount in mind, one that benefits the players and is still cost effective for the Sky Shop. Whatever happens, I know that the serious players will add however many friends necessary, and will probably maintain that friendlist for quite a while. Casual players or cautious Gaians who don't want to add strangers will play as they please, either with limited items or with Moga Cash.
Whatever happens, I feel that Devs will eventually hear our cry for Blue Coffee at the least and try to implement a change. If not, then... well, I'm sure they're aware of the many gripes that players already have with the system's difficulty.

Yeah, guesswork aside, I could live with that list.
500 HP Potion might be a bit much to ask, I can understand having to buy that one.
The only reason I didn't add Fizzy Cola to my list is that I rarely have the opportunity to use one,
so I didn't think it would be worth the space, but that could be just me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff