Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Cutie-Pie

I have been playing this game for a while now and really enjoy it, but I've come across a problem. I hit the quest5 where you have to buy several flowerbeds. In coins, they are over 70000 and require 27 friends. in cash, they are 120.

I can't afford either of those! I don't have that many friends who play the game, and at the very least it would require around 200 dollars to buy that much cash! Either that or I'd have to save up the money from other quests and leveling up, and that would take an extremely long time.

I don't mind some quests requiring cash, like the watermelon growing one. But that much cash is just ridiculous to me. I think that at that point, it's just too much.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I haven't gotten that far...sounds awful sad

Friendly Sex Symbol

7,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Thing is the quest doesn't REQUIRE cash. It's possible to do it without it... you just need a lot more time.

And unfortunantly, Summer Springs is still a Facebook game - it encourages you to add a bunch of "friends" (AKA people you don't know).

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I just got to this quest...ugh. I cannot make 27 people play with me, since it's my real FB...and it sucks. I guess I should stop playing. :c

Generous Giver

Guys it's a glitched quest, the people will be fixing it, when idk, but they will.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
totalanimefancaseclosed
Guys it's a glitched quest, the people will be fixing it, when idk, but they will.

Glitched implies it is a bug. I don't believe that is the case. Gaia just made crappy choices about pricing in an apparent hope to drive cash sales (along with cash only level 5 house upgrade and several of the land expansions) At least they said they are reviewing it but they also said they don't promise they will change it.

Generous Giver

David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed

Glitched implies it is a bug. I don't believe that is the case. Gaia just made crappy choices about pricing in an apparent hope to drive cash sales (along with cash only level 5 house upgrade and several of the land expansions) At least they said they are reviewing it but they also said they don't promise they will change it.
If you go to the Summer Springs FB page, there is a link where you can get 150 cash!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed

If you go to the Summer Springs FB page, there is a link where you can get 150 cash!

I already got it but I appreciate you letting folks know.
Anyone who plays and does miss that is going to be bummed after the fact.
I also feel like that is Gaia acknowledging they may have overpriced some stuff. If you were buying the cash that's the equivalent of about $1.65 real US money. I still think they need to do more of that or lower prices on certain quests / expansions - or make them available for gold if you are patient. A year of collecting logon bonuses to get past the cash only speed bumps is ridiculous.

Generous Giver

David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed

I also feel like that is Gaia acknowledging they may have overpriced some stuff. If you were buying the cash that's the equivalent of about $1.65 real US money. I still think they need to do more of that or lower prices on certain quests / expansions - or make them available for gold if you are patient. A year of collecting logon bonuses to get past the cash only speed bumps is ridiculous.
I do agree that some things really cost a lot, but hopefully either Gaia will have a sale on there cash soon or give away cash often.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed

I do agree that some things really cost a lot, but hopefully either Gaia will have a sale on there cash soon or give away cash often.

Hmm. That's a thought.
Is SS overpriced because Gaia honestly believes a lot of people will pay those prices or is it over priced so it will seem like such a good deal when they have sales? Maybe this is like when someone sues and asks for 10 million so they'll look like they are really giving up a lot when they settle for 5 million. Hopefully Gaia finds the right balance that works for them. I can walk away from the game but I hope they make money so they keep creating content and partnerships.

Generous Giver

David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed
David2074
totalanimefancaseclosed

Hmm. That's a thought.
Is SS overpriced because Gaia honestly believes a lot of people will pay those prices or is it over priced so it will seem like such a good deal when they have sales? Maybe this is like when someone sues and asks for 10 million so they'll look like they are really giving up a lot when they settle for 5 million. Hopefully Gaia finds the right balance that works for them. I can walk away from the game but I hope they make money so they keep creating content and partnerships.
Good though, and it really does give out a lot of money in game, more than any other FB game I know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff