Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should stop panicking and spamming main forums people, it's not the end yet! D: Anyhoo, IF THEY DO LOOK INTO THINGS TO PICK UP AND KEEP HoC GOING, a few idea's to help gain/keep players' interests: (explained reason in spoiler if preferred/interested)

1.MARKETPLACE!!!.
The biggest importance right now in my own opinion, and I know I'm not the only one who's been anxiously waiting for it. I can see a lot of people losing interest from wasted essence getting only heralds if any rare+ at all from packs. I can also see this potentially dropping Chaos Cash purchases but if updates pick back up, something can be worked out. New faction's (new cards) and cards obtained from CC packs, but unable to be obtained from chests and essence packs (still marketable though to keep it f2p friendly).
Odd way of explaining in perspective of community games, 1F2p+1P2p=2, but 100F2p+50P2p=200F2p/75P2p. Free players keep paying players going, so keeping F2p friendly also improves P2p. Almost every game needs a good balance for the 2 especially if development is still maturing, which gives more potential growth. I probably didn't have to explain that though but oh well, just to give anyone a better view.

2. Lounge and/or maybe during match chat box/system. General and/or topic related rooms at the least, if not private chat accessibility but I don't wanna expect too much.
Not everyone is into chat having to wait 10mins-2days (without relying on skype/MSN etc) for responses from one person. It's nice to be able to include people who aren't ever on at the same time, but still, that's what forums are for when someone wants a broadly viewed/responsive chat topic. It's easier for the forum to keep organized and answered questions kept brief. Unlike searching within the thread through 234634 responses (Spammed into a chat) to find something specific you may have ended up asking in addition to another person's response. I'm sure I didn't have to explain that either but I like to make sure the point is clear anyway.
o3o Which this now leads on to #3.

3. Search engine for HoC forums maybe?
It seems like constant spam and would be nice not having to search 2353446346 pages/replies through repeated questions/posts/chat etc. (as i just explained in #2)

Just my personal view on thing's that could help pick things up on community growth.

4. My input on the PvP essence issue with forfeits.
On top of battles/winner and bonus rewarded essence
-5minutes=+200 base essence (for trying)
-10 minutes=+300 more base essence (500 total for getting somewhere)
-20 minutes=+500 more base essence (1,000 total for putting up a good fight so far)
-Forfeit=30% total rewarded essence (to keep people trying and at least handing them the win by letting them kill the rest of their army instead of just ruining it for the other person)
-Winner=+20% bonus total rewarded essence (extra encouragement)
-Turn ends by timed out= -50 essence (To keep people from just going afk when they're losing. [maybe an increased duration though to keep from punishing those who don't get to finish their moves in time due to thought of strategy])
-Also 2 consecutive time outs=Match time-tracking pause. (for those who would try taking advantage of afk for essence over time)

Liberal Lover

7,050 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
Besides technical stuff like chat, marketplace etc.

I think the game would be more interesting like this:

1. A tag-team and also an automatic Tournament hosting system. I heard the tag team battles were going to be included in HoCĀ“s future updates. But what would be the point of having a nice TCG without Tournaments? Of course, strong and unique Units wont be battle win determinant factor. But HoC could focus more on strategy itself.

2. The creation of new maps, also thinking about the size of a map would be nice. And also add new properties to each zone. For Example the only factor that chances the maps original shape are cataclysms, right? but why not Add something more like teleportation portals that can be used as a shortcut through out the map, maybe it could be used once or twice before they banish?

Or maybe some zones that count with bonus of extra buffs, for example: If one of your units moves to a zone and it would be a "Blessed Zone" Your Unit might get extra bonus, like more HP, or more Speed, damage, accuracy, etc. And same concept would apply for another zone called the "Cursed Zone" which would work exactly the opposite as a "blessed zone" it will debuff or cause damage to your Units HP, speed, accuracy, damage, etc.

Another idea would be creating and adding another side deck, which would count with "Fate or Destiny" kind cards, let me explain this a little better. These cards wouldnt count on our regular deck because these cards will have a different approach. Remember how in Monopoly when you fell into the "?" zone you MUST draw one question mark card, and do exactly as the card says. So applying this concept on HoC it would result in something more interesting for example: If your Unit fell on a "Fate or Destiny" zone you would draw one random card from that side deck. But of course before hand, both players will mix their "FoD" (Fate or Destiny) cards into one little deck, that way there will be a mix of cards that will be draw randomly, therefore there will be cards that will "help" you as well "destroy" you if we can use those terms. The effects of each "FoD" cards would have to be thought by the future HoC team who would be in charge. I know this may sound confusing, but it would add more randomness to the game, probably it doesnt sound fair as well. But this is just an Idea razz

3. The creation of new factions or kingdoms. We could label the current factions as "Hell" "Power" "Light" somehow, the creation of new factions will for sure make this game more interesting. For example the creation of a "Holy Faction" with powerful healers but also divine powerful Units (referring to angels and god/godess spirits). I will try to think on new decks with different properties to work on.

I will keep adding new Ideas as they cross my mind lol. Thats all I got for now.

Witty Millionaire

are you kidding me?
this game is done, finish
finitooo
se terminer
lanzer himself said there will be no further updates or developments
the whole team is gone neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash