What’s Love Got to Do With It? Prologue

Kagome Higurashi sat on her bed, shocked almost to tears. What she had just found out had shaken her entire being. It was unthinkable! Her, not human? She thought back to the conversation with her mother she had just had.

Flashback

Kagome sat down in front of her mother, having been just called downstairs. The jewel hunt had ended and she was living permanently in her own time. Inu-Yasha was living alone with Sango, Miroku and Shippo in the Feudal Era. They had defeated Naraku and Kikyou, and they all had admitted their feelings.

But, Kagome missed her home too much. She had even left Shippo behind.

"Kagome, what I’m about to tell you won’t be easy. On you or me."

"What is it, mom?"

"First off, Kagome, I am not your mother."

"What?"

"I found you when you were five years old. You had suffered a case of amnesia, therefor unable to remember who you truly are. You aren’t even human, Kagome."

"What? But, I know that I’m a miko-"

"It goes even farther than that, Kagome. You are the daughter of Genkai, the one you always called ‘Grandma’. I received a letter a few days ago. It told me that your true mother has died. In her will, she left everything to you. Everything meaning even her temple and all of her belongings."

"Why did she even give me up?"

"She felt that she couldn’t raise a child. She told me to return you to her when you were ready. But she died before that could happen. I’m sorry Kagome."

End Flashback

This was all making her head spin. She had just found out that she was the daughter of the woman she had called Grandma. She packed up a backpack of only essential things. Shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, and a charm bracelet. She had received this from her mother’s friend, Genkai, who was now her deceased mother. Kagome had always called Genkai ‘Grandmother.’ 1 because she was old. 2 because she treated Kagome like a granddaughter, and she also taught Kagome how to fight properly. The charm bracelet had a few miniature weapons on it that she could take off and use at their full size. There was a katana, a pair of crossed kunai, a bow with a quiver of arrows, a glaive, a chain sickle, a scythe, and a few ninja stars. Genkai left this in her will for Kagome to have. She also left her all of her temple and possessions to her. Kagome couldn’t believe it. That temple was huge!

Kagome sighed. She said good bye to her mother and left for the other side of town. She took a bus to the old temple, named Monument Shrine. She would have to change the name. She would now be the priestess of that shrine. She had heard that there were demons and stuff in the forest around it. This was gonna be one helluva life for her.

"Monument Shrine!" the bus driver said, opening the door so Kagome could get off. She climbed off the bus, and began walking up the bazillion steps that lead up to the shrine.

Hey, could ya'll tell me what you think of my fic so far? I could start putting up the rest of the story if you'd like...maybe. If anyone asks. Thanks! smile stare