1.] Foresight

2.] Xukiel's Struggle

3.] Angel Or Demon, No Matter

4.] You Are As I Once Was

5.] Happy Birthday

6.] Coming Of Age

7.] -coming soon-

Author's Note

This is my first fanfiction ever written for a forum, so please feel free to post any questions, comments, or suggestions after each chapter. Let me know how I am progressing! I'm always willing to learn.
Chapter 1: Foresight

Termina's swampland was a place of natural colors. The murky blue of the water, the exotic oranges and yellows of botanicals, and the greens of the underbrush and vines that choked the souls out of the towering trees. If one were to keep an eye out, however, they would see a color foreign to the area: a black mass of cloth lying in the middle of an enormous flower. This constrasting figure was a Hylian boy, named Xukiel.

For days now he lie motionless, staring upward, past the canopy of trees and foliage. The claws of pain had sunken into him, and refused to let go. His head felt as if a colony of ants had taken up residence there, constantly moving and feasting on his innards.

There had to be a way to escape it, but how? Those emerald green eyes closed, and he let his mind recall the last ten years of unimaginable anguish and suffering. All of this began in his home realm of Hyrule. More specifically, the small village dubbed Kakariko. He was six years old.
Chapter 2: Xukiel's Struggle

"Xu, get up!" a voice commanded, just as he felt a sharp tap on his arm. His eyes opened to see his mother standing with her hands on her hips. She was a vibrant and attractive young lady, but knew nothing of motherhood. Her effort was poor. This left Xukiel with a profound loathing for his mother all his life.

"You're going to be late for school if you don't make haste," she reported harshly, "and don't forget to do something with that mane of yours, child." Xu rolled out of bed, and onto his feet. Throughout his life, he was always deemed as weak due to his small stature and thin build.

He stood in front of a mirror, and worked his hands through his delicate black hair, finally taming it to his liking. His mother spoke, but he was not concerned with that she had to say. Instead, he grabbed ten rupees for lunch off of the wooden table in the center of the room and bolted out the door. The little boy jogged toward the school, the bell already sounding.

The school yard was small, but humble. It sported a small fenced-in area with swing sets, a sandbox, and a basket filled with balls. Upon entering the small one-room school building, he heard another dreaded voice.

"Look, it's Xukiel," he turned toward a boy slightly taller, who poked him in the collar bone. Two more boys neared him, sniggering. "You want to play some ball today, or are you going to wuss out and hang around the sandbox again?"

Their idle inquiries meant nothing to him. Let him get his dosage of knowledge so he can escape this prison. The female teacher, not much older than his mother, called for the class to take their seats. Two hours passed of lectures in the fields of reading, writing, and arithmetic until they were released for break time. A crowd of cheering children rushed out into the play area. Xukiel could not help but smile when he walked through the door into the warm daylight. It was then that his vision went black. His face felt like it had been hit with a fist, but he opened his watery eyes and saw that it was only a dodgeball. His small right hand rubbed the side of his face.

"Oops, sorry," a kid said sarcastically. Xukiel only rubbed his cheek and looked at the ball. Two male boys approached him.

"What's wrong with you, Xu? Are you going to cry again? Heh-heh, cry then!" a boy teased.

"You stop that!" a little girl's voice cut both of their chuckles off, and a cute Hylian girl with long red hair stepped forward. "You stupid bullies! You leave Xukiel alone! He's a nice boy." Xu glanced at the girl, bewildered.

"What the? Hey Xu, need a girl to protect you now?" Xu looked from her, to the bullies, then back again. Tears came, but did not fall. He hung his head, and took off running as fast as he could. His feet carried him through the gate, down the pathway, and into the Kakariko Graveyard. The shouts and echoes of laughter followed him the whole way.
Chapter 3: Angel Or Demon, No Matter

The young Xukiel sat atop a large tombstone, his head buried in his arms. Though tears were falling from his eyes, he made no sound other than the occasional sniff. He could only take so much, day by day, and they finally had pushed him beyond the point of no return. Salty water was dried from his face with his sleeve, and he uncurled himself atop the tombstone. Slowly, he came to a stand, though eyes remained grounded.

"How come I've got to be the one?" he inquired to himself. "I'm going to run away forever. Nobody would care, except dad. I wish dad was here right now." He stated with a sniff.

Xu stepped down from the massive grave marker, and began walking for the entrance of the graveyard. That's about the time a voice came from behind him, and made him jerk in surprise.

"Hello there, boy," it was a man dressed all in black, with belts hanging from nearly every place on his chest and waist. It looked like some sort of sadist attire. Xu sat stunned for a full ten seconds, staring and blinking.

"Did I frighten you? I apologize. My name is Bruquiel. I could not help but observe your sadness from where I was sitting," he motioned over his shoulder with his right hand.

"Oh, no sir, I was just..." Xukiel scrambled to undo his act.

"No need to explain, my young friend. Please, tell me all about it. I am here to help you. Come and sit down." Bruquiel waved him over. Xu was a confused, but sat back down on the tombstone nonetheless.

"Are you ... an angel?" Xukiel inquired innocently.

"Ah-hah-hah, you can say that. Yes, I am. I saw you, and decided to be your friend. You can tell me anything, and I will never make you feel sad. You may call me Bru." Bru took a seat, smiling. He ran his right hand through delicate black strands of hair, and for a split second locked emerald green eyes with the boy. There was a certain comfort being around him, which Xu felt immediately.

"If you are an angel, why don't you wear white and have pretty wings to fly with?"
Chapter 4: You Are As I Once Was

Thinking back, about how foolish he was, Xu couldn't help but begin to hate himself. It was that angel - no, that demon - that imprisoned him and caused so much despair. It was he that took control of him and brought his body to this swampland in the first place. He opened his eyes again, and ordered his right arm to move. His only option was to mentally and physically retrain his body to collaborate with him.

It twitched, then rose into the air. Though, he could only keep it up for so long until he lost concentration, and let it fall to his chest. This routine of moving every part of his body went on for at least an hour. The only part of his body he could not persuade to cooperate with him was his head, to where pain still lingered like a sickness. He rolled over onto his side and coughed forcefully, curling up into a fetal position.

Aside from waiting and starving, all he could do is think. His mind shifted back to that fateful day ten years ago, on his seventh birthday.
Chapter 5: Happy Birthday

Seven months passed, and Xukiel became best friends with the teenage angel named Bruquiel. Every day, instead of going to school, he walked right past the school yard and toward the graveyard. The small girl that had protected in the past tried bringing him back on multiple occasions, but gave up after a while. Now, she only stared with sorrow as the black-haired, green-eyed boy meandered away from the brick building.

It did not matter to him, because these turned out to be the happiest days of his life. He relaxed in the graveyard with his friend until his father returned home, then returned to his humble adobe to be with him. It was a simple, but glorious routine. However, on the day of his seventh birthday, things had went from joyful, to tragic.

He got up, combed his hair, listened to his mother peck at him, then rushed through the door. The graveyard was calm, soundless, and almost welcoming. The only other soul inhabiting the place was his old buddy, who was always the first to arrive, and last to leave. On multiple occasions he tried showing up extra early, but found Bruquiel there already!

A grin curved his lips, and he walked low amongst the grave markers. Finally, he jumped out and put both of his hands on Bruquiel's shoulders, attempting to frighten him. "Rar!"

"Oh!" Bru spun around to face Xu, and put a hand on his own chest. "My, you scared me Xu. How are you this day?"

"Today is my favorite day, Bru, because it's my birthday. My dad said that, after he gets back from being a knight, he is going to teach me how to use a sword." Xu stated, his smile broadening.

"My, what a treat. I am happy to hear your birthday is here." Bru nodded.

"Are you going to give me a present, Bru?" Xu inquired, poking his guardian angel in the arm playfully.

"I will, indeed. However, you will have to wait until this afternoon. Agreed?" Bru smiled.

"Okay, okay."

For hours they sat around and spoke. For a boy, Xukiel already knew many things of the world, and explained to Bruquiel that one day he would travel the land and visit the Gorons, Zoras, and even the Gerudos. During this time, Bruquiel listened with a hidden intent, as if taking notes. After their jolly chatting and snacking, the equivalent of two o'clock came. At this time, Xu stood up on top of a gravestone and spoke.

"Hey, it's afternoon. Can I have my present now, Bru?" Xu smiled and held his hand out.

"Hm, very well my friend. Hold out both of your hands, and close your eyes. Do not open them until I tell you, okay?" Bru ordered softly.

"Okay." Xu agreed, and closed his eyes.

At least thirty seconds had passed of nothing but silence, and Xukiel began to get a tad anxious. After about a minute of nothing, he spoke. This was the first thing he noted. His voice was unheard. It did not even feel like his mouth had moved. His eyes shot open, and he noticed right away that not only was Xukiel gone, but everything around him was ... green. It was as if he was viewing the world through a green visor. He panicked, and tried screaming and crying. Nothing came.

It was then that he fell straight forward onto the ground. His body jerked violently, as if the blood in his very veins were reversing in flow. Unimaginable pain came forth, but no matter how hard he tried to cry, tears did not form, and his voice did not come forth. He was now a prisoner in his own body, gagged and bound, and his consciousness trapped in a shell of a boy.

Three hours passed away of nothing but pain, and watching his arms and legs move against his will. Someone - something - was in here with him. Where was Bru! He could help! The sun was setting.

"Xu? Where are you, my boy?" the voice of a man flooded his head. He recognized this voice as his father. At that instant, he was relieved. His father could drive this demon out of him, for sure! He was a brave knight of Hyrule! His body rose to a stand, spun around with unearthly speed, and started for the door.

Although he could not control his limbs, he could still see what was happening through his own green-tinted eyes. His father's figure moved into his - their - vision. He wanted to run up and embrace, and beg to fix him, but he could not.

"There you are, son. I have not forgot about your birthday. Let's go back to the house and celebrate! We can even begin your training, eh?" his father, still clad in armor, bent down and patted him on the head with a warm smile. Xukiel did nothing.

With the accuracy of a lightning strike on an iron pole, Xukiel's right hand shot up and curled around the hilt of his father's own blade, and yanked it from his sheath.

"Wow! Easy there, son. We'll begin your training aft-" his father's words were cut short, and Xukiel's eyes observed the blade, stuck straight through his father's stomach and protruding out the other side. No! What was happening? Why was this happening? Xu could do nothing but cry on the inside, and watch his own father's blood drip out of his body. The demon inside him yanked the blade upward, causing his father to raise up off the ground. A full five seconds passed before he swung the blade to the side and flung his father against a stone wall, collapsing in a heap and sputtering blood.
A glance, and "Xukiel" was off toward his own home...
Chapter 6: Coming Of Age

Stop!, his mind commanded him. It was too much for him to handle. Lying on that massive flower, he began crying. These tears were built up from so many years of witnessing pure acts of evil. And at such a young age! He wanted to die, but knew he would not be allowed. This demon still existed inside of him, lying dormant. He hated himself.

Soon enough, he could move his entire body. It felt so refreshing, but also agonizing. This was the first time in nearly ten years he could move his own body. What had he done for the last ten years? After the slaughter at Kakariko, he had learned to turn his own vision off. He dreamt, and wished for death so long, ignoring the blood shed and actions of the demon inside of him. So, he had no idea where he was, or what he was doing here.

He crawled to the edge of the massive orange and yellow flower, and peered over the edge. His appearance was shocking. Of course he had maintained his fine black hair and beautiful green eyes, but his attire and body structure ... it was a reflection of Bruquiel. Of himself. Too angry to lash out, he only fell onto his stomach, face down. His breathing intensified, and for a full ten minutes he just lie and breathe.

The morning hours grew into midday, and his vision improved, and something over his shoulder had stolen his attention. As he looked, he saw two things at which he remained fixated on: his father's sword, and an ominous book with a green cover. He crawled to both the items, and picked the book up. In the first page of the chronicle, only two words were etched in that caused a fury inside of him: 'happy birthday'. He threw the book as hard as he could, and clutched the sword. Three words were etched into the side of this sword, as well: 'Brave Knight, Krieg'. His father's name.

"Ahoy there!" this new voice made him jump, but it did not sound threatening. It was deeply accented, as well. As Xu turned, he noted that this man was clothed in tan. His hands were clasped behind his back. "I am an explorer named Victor, and stopped the tour boat when I saw you atop this flower! Are you quite all right?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine." Xukiel was shocked at his own voice, because it had deepened and matured after so long. He struggled to a stand, and bound his father's sheath to his back with one of the many belts the attire boasted.

"Would you like a ride? My wife and I are returning to the swamp tourist centre, now." The gentlemen motioned to the tour boat, and a pretty young lady wearing a lavender dress.

"Do hurry, Victor. I am getting a bit uncomfortable on this boat," the woman said.

"Very well, dear," Victor waved to her. "So, will you join us?"

"I suppose I will." Xukiel moved onto the boat, and sat down across from the man's wife, who eyed him curiously.

"Ah, and do not forget your belongings, mate," Victor said, and plopped the Green Book into his lap. The boat began moving.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff