Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
~Lost~

We continued north towards the Village Hidden in the Snow, anticipating what was to come in our ventures. As per usual, Naruto was acting impatient, Sasuke was getting irritable, and Sakura was scolding them both. The air was cool the farther north we were, and the air was a bit harder to breath due to the drastic temperature drop. The terrain was mountainous, and the trees were frost bitten as snow began to fall slowly. It was a harsh environment; however as ninja we are prepared for these inconveniences. Then it dawned on me between the usual bickering between Naruto and Sasuke: it was quiet, the earth was still, and if anything everything seemed dead. Our voices were the only thing carrying and echoing around us, but there was no wind, no leaves rustling in the wind, no animals whatsoever. Everything had become dead, if anything inanimate.

"Shut up!" I snapped at the bickering idiots.

"That's a bit harsh and random, what's wrong Fuyami?" My sister asked.

"Haven't you noticed anything?"

"Noticed what?" Naruto asked.

"Pay attention, what do you notice?"

"It's silent. Too silent." Sasuke replied.

"Precisely, we should carry on with caution in silence. So as she said, shut up." Kakashi chimed in, obviously irritated with both of them.

"Fair enough." Nakusu said.

From then on we carried on in silence. The only sounds reverberating through the mountainous terrain had been our own footsteps. The silence only increased our tension as we prepared for the worst. Our guards were up, our ears open, and our minds attempting to clear themselves from all the scenarios projecting in our minds. The only ones to seem calm had been Kakashi and Nakusu, for they've experiences this many times before. Hell I should have been on that level as well, if it weren't for the antagonist toying with my head. My thoughts plagued me as we pushed forwards through the white blanket covering our path until, out of nowhere, something fell before us. It took us a few moments for our eyes to adjust to the object in front of us, and before us laid none other than one of our Anbu agents. The body had been contorted and suffered many lacerations throughout their body. Panic flooded my sisters body, I could see it as she stood there shaking debating on actually trying to help the deceased Anbu.

"The person is dead Akiko, stay by us and pay attention!" I shouted at her, not meaning to come off harsh.

Sasuke pulled her in and covered her as she attempted to pull herself together. We waited and searched for the aggressor; however they were nowhere to be found.

"Whoever did this is toying with us, and we need to ignore him until he actually presents himself. Keep your guard up and keep moving." Kakashi replied bluntly. This didn't faze him much, however that's because as ninja we are to expect this sort of thing. It didn't faze me as much as piss me off. I wanted to find whoever was doing this and demand answers, but I couldn't afford to act rashly.

We pushed on, stomaching the image that just appeared before us once more. The peace found us, allowing us to relax only for a moment for we knew the peace would not last long. My sister was still shaking, and I can only imagine what she could be going through. She was only a medic, barely a ninja. She's seen the horrific injuries ninjas endured as well as death, but she had never been part of it. She never had her life on the line on a mission before. I taught her self-defense as well as basic survival skills, but she never had been prepared for these situations. I could only hope Sasuke would be enough to calm her nerves and bring her back to reality.

I kept worrying for my sister as we walked along the path up through the mountain side. To our right had been a shear drop, probably ranging a few hundred feet, maybe more. We passed a few cave entrances, for that was only common in mountains, and all we could see for miles was white as well as rock. Night time was only a few hours ahead of us, and the temperature had been falling every so often as day time came nearing to an end. We needed to find a cave and set up camp before the freezing temperatures would become detrimental to our physical health, for quite a few of us found ourselves coughing and sniffling. The last thing we needed was someone to fall ill with a cold along the way, therefore I had to speak up.

"Kakashi."

"Yes?"

"We need to find shelter before the freezing temperature kills us."

"I know. We can go another hour before having to set up camp."

"What if in the next hour there are no caves to be found? We can't base the on assumption."

Kakashi pondered at what I had said for a few moments, and realized I had been right. He most likely hadn't been thinking clearly due to our circumstances, and definitely looked exhausted.

"She's right Kakashi." Yamato stated.

"Alright, we'll take the next cave then."

That we did, for the next cave was only about a mile ahead thankfully, and we dropped down exhausted. Naruto lit the fire while Yamato cooked up some food over it. The rest of us set up our beds and then hungrily waited for the food to be finished. Our mouths drooled with each bite once we obtained our sustenance, and we then dreaded the discussion ahead of us about our future maneuvers for heading to our destination. We knew someone wanted us to either turn back, or torture us as some sick gig. The worst possible scenario was that this person knew my sister and I, and bore some vendetta against us.

"We're going to have to play smart if we are to make it to the village with minimal casualties." Yamato finally broke the silence.

"My opinion is that we should just ignore them, I mean they haven't approached us yet. I believe that if we keep our guard up, and pretend to not care for what they're doing, they may just grow bored and move on. Otherwise we'll piss them off enough to drive them out, and then take them out. Chances are these guys are just rogue ninjas looking for a sick thrill." Nakusu replied.

"We thought the same before, and the guy ended up a cannibal psycho." Sakura retorted.

"He may be right though; no one else knows of this mission. It's off the books." Yamato replied.

"We'll proceed with caution, however unless they do something else to hinder us we'll move on as normal." Kakashi filled in.

"How far until we reach the village?" Naruto asked impatiently.

"A few days." Kakashi seemed extremely irritable and exhausted.

"Why not we take them out now then? We can do it!" He replied.

"There's no need, it would only hinder us. Besides, we're already behind schedule." Sasuke said.

"Yeah but they could ambush us! What if they aren't just rogue ninja anyway? What if they're dangerous! This matter should be handled as soon as possible."

"If they're dangerous, then they will confront us as some point so long as we ignore them."

Naruto grew angry at the situation, and was clearly not in his right state of mind.

"Let's call it a night. We'll all have to take shifts again." I finally joined in.

"Fine. I'll take first shift Naruto said.

I was awakened in the morning to a bunch of commotion, and I was definitely not prepared for it for I felt very cranky.

"Where could they have gone!?" Sakura shouted.

"Who?" I asked.

"Fuyami….."

"What is it? Where's Akiko?"

I felt my heart begin to race as I saw my sister was not in the cave with us. Panic began to fill my chest.

"Well? Answer me!"

"Sasuke and Akiko are missing, and their belongings are still here." Yamato replied eerily.

"What the hell do you mean missing!?" I shouted hysterically.

"We don't know."

"They were there when I was on shift." Naruto said, "Naruka is missing too. He was on shift after me, and never woke the next person."

"I'm going after her."

"Going where? You don't even know where to look. You need to calm down Fuyami." Kakashi tried to calm me.

"I don't give a damn! I need to find her."

"You won't find her like this!" He held me in place, trying to calm me down. "Relax and breath, we need to come up with a plan and we won't solve anything while you're like this."

I broke down into his arms, frustrated and defeated. I wanted nothing more than to find my sister, and this son of a b***h was going to pay.

Akiko's P.O.V.

The surface I had been laying on was damp and hardened, as I sat myself up feeling chilled. I found myself as well as Sasuke in an unfamiliar cavern. It was dim making it a bit hard to see, but I could make out some stalagmites in the distance. Some beams of light fought their way to be seen throughout the cave, but they were barely noticeable compared to the dark abyss we found ourselves in.

"W-where are we? Sasuke wake up!"

"Hn."

"Sasuke!" I shouted.

"What is it?" He picked himself up and scanned the area, "Where the hell are we?"

"I have no idea!" I sounded pathetic, I could tell. I was scared shitless and had no idea what to do. To top it all off, he could probably tell and that didn't help in the slightest.

"Damnit. Alright Akiko, first off you need to calm down. We'll get out of here alright?" He picked himself up and then disappeared.

"Sasuke?"

Silence. I waited for him to answer, slowly scaring myself into scenarios where he'd come back hurt or where I'd find him dead. I tried to shake the ideas out of my head, but it proved pointless.

"Sasuke!?"

"Sh. I'm right here. I just left to scan the area."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to get hurt and I panicked."

"It's fine. I found several exits, and were just going to have to try them out until we find our way out. I sent several clones to pan out the area for dead ends; we'll just have to wait for them to return. Until then let's set up a fire and eat. Fair enough?"

All I could do was nod my head. I was worried about my sister, and worried we'd never get out alive. I know Sasuke is strong, but I'm only a medic, and I'm probably holding him back.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm sorry, I'm a complete burden. I can only heal; I'm no good in a fight."

"What happened to staying happy?"

"I'm no idiot, and I can't pretend to be okay when my sisters out there possibly hurt and I'm stuck in here trapped and helpless."

"You aren't helpless, and I'm here aren't I? You're no burden, and if anything you're very important. You're going to keep me alive are you not?" His smile was absolutely beautiful, and calmed me down as I tried to take in what he had been saying.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

We continued to set up a fire and ate in silence. I wasn't sure what I could really say at the moment, I mean I had never been alone in a situation like this. Sure we talked every now and then, but for the most part I'm fairly sure he was indifferent towards me. If anything he was probably annoyed at this whole predicament. I then thought up of some ideas in my head to try and make myself useful.

"I'm going to try and find some water, I'll be back." He took off as I agreed to his statement.

I felt totally useless, for there was nothing I could really do at the moment. He set up the fire, made food, was searching for water, and scouting the area. I know I shouldn't put myself in harms ways seeing as I'm the only medic, but there had to be something I could do! I then heard what sounded like footsteps nearby what seemed like west of me. I quietly panicked trying to convince myself it was nothing, and continued to eat.

Again. The footsteps seemed closer, causing me to worry a bit more.

"Sasuke?"

No answer. I picked myself up and decided to search for whatever was making the noise. I made a torch and then went off on my search. I circled around the room we were in, if you would even call it a room, and found nothing until the footsteps occurred again. I followed the direction of the noise and then stopped to hear some more. I felt as if I were on a wild goose chase. Then I heard a noise behind a rock right by me, realizing I was closer than I had predicted. I wasn't sure what to do, for I hadn't really thought this out. What would I even do if I found my captor per say, or even an animal? I was nowhere close to being a good ninja, let alone a fighter.

"s**t." I whispered to myself in anger.

I then crept up towards the rock to see what waited behind it. I counted to three, preparing myself to jump out and potentially catch whatever it was off guard.

3. I can do this.

2. I'm not some poor defenseless girl, remember what Miyukie taught me.

1. Here it goes!

I jumped out only to see that nothing was there. I sulked, feeling as if it were for nothing.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke looked amused.

"I heard something!"

"Sure you did, let's get back to camp loser. I don't need to worry about you wandering after ghosts."

"Shut up." He laughed at me. It was kind of warming to see, considering he never really laughed.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Did you find water?" I said as we sat down at the fire.

"I did." He replied handing me some.

"Thanks. Any word from the clones?"

"There's one way that hasn't led to a dead end so far."

"That's good, should we go?"

"We will, but for now well rest and go in the morning. It's going to be pitch black soon."

"Alright, will we be taking shifts?"

"Yeah, if you want I can take first."

"No it's fine, I'll take first. You've done enough."

"Alright, just wake me if something happens."

"Okay. Sleep well."

That he did, in fact he was out faster than I expected. He must have been tired, considering all he's done for us today. I sat waiting throughout the next couple hours, only to hear those dreaded footsteps again. I wasn't going to be made a fool, so I of course went after them.

"I know you're here, show yourself!"

I chased it, looking around every rock I came upon. Rock after rock, I searched only to find nothing, as if I were being toyed with. Then it hit me, I heard breathing behind me that caused the hairs to stand up one after one along my neck while goose bumps massed upon my body. My heart slammed into my chest as I shakingly turned around to see a giant wolf in front of me. It blended in with the cave, his coat the darkest color of ebony I have ever seen. His fangs stuck out white and were damp with drool giving the insinuation he was starving. His eyes were a dark forest green, looking upon my meat covered body as if he wanted to tear me to edible shreds and dine upon my dismembered corpse. I froze in terror, not even able to articulate words to shout for help. My throat went dry and my mouth numb. He changed his stance as if he were about to pounce when he suddenly collapsed from a silver black piercing his body. I looked above him to see Sasuke standing above him angrily.

"What are you doing? I said wake me if there's trouble. You shouldn't go off on your own!"

"I'm sorry; I didn't want to wake you. You seemed exhausted! I wanted to be useful." I sulked as he yelled at me.

"What good is a dead medic?" The words stung me, for I knew I was a medic but is that all I am to him?

"Fine. You're right. All I am is a medic anyway. Let's go back." He grabbed my arm to stop me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He stared me down, making me nervous. The last thing I wanted to do was give away my feelings.

"Nothing."

"Whatever." We made our way back to camp in silence and then sat down as he prepared for his shift.

"You want to tell me what that meant?"

"What does it matter to you?"

"It matters."

"I'm only the medic right?"

"I don't understand what you're getting at." His brow raised in amusement.

"This is obviously just a game to you. I don't matter to you, do I? I'm only of importance because I'm a medic ninja as well as part of the reason we're on the mission. You don't even care."

"If I didn't care I would have left you. You scared me shitless when I woke up and you were missing. If something had happened to you I wouldn't have forgave myself."

"Yeah well you don't exactly show it!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Act like you care!"

He then pulled my hair back and forced his lips onto mine in a sweet passionate kiss. I trembled from his touch and was left breathless by the sweet, passionate kiss we shared.

"Did I prove it?" He looked down at me, smiling from accomplishment as I tried to catch my breath. All I could do was nod as he dove back in for more, forcing his tongue into my mouth dominating me in every way. I couldn't keep up, for I was completely new to this. I wasn't sure what to do, so I let him lead. Not as if I had a choice anyway, for he was way stronger than I could ever be.

Sasuke's P.O.V.

She was frail, and I tried to be as gentle as I could, but I couldn't help myself. Her skin was soft to the touch as I trailed her body, feeling and searching every bit of her as I could. I wanted all of her, and treasured all of her. I was going to make her mine, and I held nothing back.

~~~~~~
Again, rated M. Go to the page please and thank you <3

https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=10715412&chapter=15/

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
~Imposing Personas~

Chapter 16

Anger.

The extreme feeling of displeasure and irritability that may stem from antagonism. A feeling that boiled and coursed through my veins that only intensified with each moment my sister was gone from me.

Anxiety.

The feeling of extreme feeling of trepidation or tense. My whole body quivered constantly as chills forced their way through my body and fear intensified as my thoughts consumed me.

Desperation.

The entire absence of hope due to being worn down from unfortunate circumstances. I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to locate my lost sibling; however the longer it took to find her the more desperate I found myself becoming.

It had been day two, and we still had no sign of my sister or Sasuke. We searched every crevice, every rock, as well as several small caves nearby, yet we still couldn't even find a hint as to where they had been taken. I knew our antagonists had something to do with it, I could just feel it in my bones. I was trembling with fear and anger, I wanted to find the culprit of this horrid act and torture him until he groveled on the dirt he came from and bled out in front of me. I wanted him dead. I wouldn't stop until I found her, no matter what the circumstances.

"Fuyami." Kakashi broke into my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"It's getting close to night time; the temperatures are going to drop. We need to find shelter and I promise we'll look again tomorrow."

"I don't care. Go find your cave, I need to find Akiko."

"I know you do, but what good will come of it if you're dead from the cold? You need to be rational. I want to find her just as much as you do but we can't in these conditions."

"I don't care."

Kakashi grabbed me and was in my face about now, staring into me as if he was irritated and extremely worried.

"So help me, I will drag you into any cave if I have to. You're acting irrational and you're behavior is off the charts. I won't let you kill yourself and risk this mission of finding your sister and Sasuke. Let's go!" He was dragging me at this point, and I knew he was right. I reluctantly followed him in a nearby cave and continued to think of places my sister could have been taken to.

Once we began to set up camp, my eyes spotted something on the ground nearby. It was a tatter piece of clothing that resembled Sasuke's clothing. It had only been plain white, and could have been any ones but I chose to hold onto hope and believe it had been his.

"Kakashi, Yamato."

"Hai?"

"I found something; it may be Sasuke's."

"Let me see it." Yamato said.

They inspected the article of tattered clothing as the team seemed a bit more optimistic.

"We can't assume it is; however it could also be our culprits. Either way it's a clue and a win, for if we stumble upon them we can ambush and find answers. We'll search the cave, but we'll have to be stealthy. Do not get seen, let alone heard or it could be death. Understand?"

We all nodded in agreement.

"Alright, let's rest up, I'll take first watch." Yamato took his post as we all prepared for bed, nervous to find our lost teammates and family.

"Are you ok?" Kakashi asked.

"I'm fine, just anxious and angry."

"You just need to relax; I promise we'll find her. Sasuke is more than qualified to protect her."

"I know, I just want to know she's ok."

"I know, I know. Just rest up for now ok? I'm worried about you. You need to take care of yourself too." He lightly kissed me on the forehead.

"'I'm sorry. I will try, I don't mean to worry or burden you." I rested my head upon his lap, trying to let sleep take hold of me.

"You're never a burden, I promise."

Akiko's P.O.V.

We had been searching for several ways out of the cave, all the while getting irritable and losing hope. Every pathway led to several more. It became as if this cave had been a maze all along, and we definitely had no map for it. The deprivation from light caused our mind to play tricks on us. Sometimes it would be as if I saw things that weren't there, and the shadows tended to play tricks on us. Our food supply had been running low, but luckily for us there were sources of water within the cave. I was cold, hungry, and I missed my sister so much. I was happy to have Sasuke be with me, seeing as that increased my chances of surviving these circumstances, but I was all about to give up.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps and laughter in the distance. I saw my sister and I running around as kids with Kurenai before she had went off to anbu. We were small, fragile beings, and we loved eachother very much.

"Fuyami, give me the ball!"

"Come and take it!"

"Don't be a bully"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"You guys are silly. Don't make me get my mom! Can't we just play together?" Kurenai said unamused.

"Fine! You're lucky she's here! Taking my ball!" Fuyami stuck her tongue out at me while I stuck my back.

We continued to kick the ball around, and of course I stumbled and fell. I cried at the sight of my blood from a cut that had taken place on my shin. Fuyami came running and began bandaging it, and then also wiped my tears away.

"You're always so clumsy!"

"I-I'm sorry." I sobbed through my words.

"It's okay, that just means I'll always have to watch out for you."

"You don't have to; I can be strong like you!"

"You don't have to be because that's what big sisters are for right? It'll always be you and me. We'll be together forever."

"Promise?" I began choking as I tried to speak."

"Pinky promise!" We locked pinkies and hugged as we imagined the amazing ninja we would become together.

"Akiko?" Sasuke broke the flash back.

"Yes?"

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Someone's in the cave with us."

My heart became active as he spoke. I then heard footsteps circling the cave.

"Do you know his location?"

"I think I do, we just need to lay low and survey the area."

"Alright, what do you want me to do?"

"Wait over there, behind the rock. Stay quiet, and pay attention."

"Alright."

What seemed about an hour had passed as I waited for him to show up. I grew nervous, for I didn't think he'd take this long until he finally showed up.

"Sorry about that, I couldn't find him. We'll just have to keep moving ok?"

"Sure."

We continued walking in silence, making our way through the rugged twists and turns of the cave. That's when I noticed something odd was occurring. He seemed to know where he was going, which was completely different compared to early when we were just guessing.

"Did you find a way out while you were searching?"

"Hm? Yeah I think so."

"Alright."

His pace had definitely been less hesitant and quicker than before. I was almost excited to think we may be able to get out and that I'd find my sister.

"So no one ever really briefed me on this mission. What's it really about?"

I was baffled, I thought everyone had known. It was definitely an uncomfortable conversation that I wasn't sure I wanted to have.

"Well, it's about finding the truth of my past."

"Oh? So where are we headed. I heard it was a random village, do you know the name?"

"The Village Hidden by Snow."

"Interesting. I wonder what it's like."

"Well we've mentioned it several times, don't you ever pay attention? You seem to like details, unless you hate us all that much?"

"Nah, I've just had a lot on my plate."

I picked up on new details about his change as we continued through the cave. His walk seemed less confident, and he seemed more talkative than before. Could it be because we had slept together? I wasn't sure, but he definitely seemed off. I shrugged it off and continued on hoping to see day light once more.

"Are we all ready to start searching?" Yamato asked.

"Hai!"

"Alright, we need to mark rocks on the cave as we travel, so we remember how to get out. If the cave splits off, we will split off into groups. We need to remain quiet, hidden, and quick. No detours, no noise, and no room for mistakes, are we clear?"

"Hai!"

"Alright. Nakusu, Naruto, and I will take one path. You three will take the other if it comes to splitting up, let's head out. Scatter!"

On command we spread out and stealthily searched the cave for my sister. I moved a bit too quickly, trying not to be sloppy but I was eager to find her and know she was ok. We eventually did make it to a split, and we separated from the other three as we continued our search. The three of us soon camp upon the remains of a fire, and grew more excited as we felt we may be closing in on them. Kakashi studied the fire, and pondered our next move.

"We need to consider that this could have been a temporary campsite for the enemy. We can't take any conclusions, and we need to move more carefully now. We may be stepping in on enemy territory."

"I agree, let's be cautious."

"Do you sense any other chakra presences?"

"No. This cave could be huge though, so don't give up hope."

"I won't."

"What's our next move sensei?" Sakura asked.

"We lay low and scan the area, then we move on."

As we scanned the area, I found the remains of a dead wolf that had been killed. There was a puncture through its rib cage, and it looked like Sasuke's chidori. I called the others too me, and Kakashi confirmed the jutsu. Considering he invented the jutsu, Sasuke was the only other one whom could know it. From there we definitely knew they were here, and hopefully close.

Akiko's P.O.V.

"Fuyami."

"Who?"

"We need to pick up the pace."

"Why did you call me by my last name?"

"Does it matter? It's your name isn't it? We need to hurry."

"Why are you so pressed on time? We'll find a way out, hurrying won't do any good."

"I'm just sick of this cave. Let's move."

A bad feeling grew into my gut, for I was starting to doubt this was Sasuke. I tried to shake the thought out of my head, but I just knew this wasn't the man I slept with, that I've grown to care for. I tried to think of the moves my sister taught me, and I came to the realization I would have to kill this man. I needed to be sure though, so I caught him off guard with a question.

"What's my first name?"

"You never told me, you keep it secret don't you?"

I then knew for sure, and quickly took a kunai in hand and slit his throat.

"That would be my sister." I looked upon the imposter as his jutsu wore off, and then worried for Sasuke seeing as I lost him.

"I'm impressed Akiko." He appeared behind me.

"Don't come any closer!"

"Relax it's me. I trailed you guys for a while now. Do you need a moment? You did just kill your first man."

He was right, and I knew it was him.

"I'll be fine, and I will let you know if I need it."

"Fair enough." He took my hand and led me down the cave, as we continued our search for daylight. I noticed he was back to normal, for he was quiet and walked slower than before. He studied the cave to remember if we had to back track. I was happy, knowing he was him and with me again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff