Dedicated Believer

13,500 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Canny Agent 50
yes, i write edm fics. i do enjoy shipping my french djs. ・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・

anyway, it isn't finished yet, but this is what i have so far. critique is welcomed. also, please share exactly what you liked and why you liked it.

Only at night did he drive around in a blood red car and wear sunglasses that were darker than the night itself. To be exact, he paraded around in his Ferrari Testarossa, a rare car, and he wore some crappy name brand sunglasses, something that has a ‘Ray’ in it. Behind those fancy, designer sunglasses were eyes as red as his car. They had a faint glow, but he’d rather not drive around with glowing eyes. The sunglasses really do help. However, to be honest, his eyes did more than glow.

They bled. He didn’t know why, his partner didn’t know why, no one knew why, they just did. It didn’t stop him from speeding, it didn’t stop him from his night runs, and it just didn’t stop him. He always had a location in mind during the nights and he was almost there.

A friend of his. A friend of his who’s shorter and smokes a pack a day. A friend of his who’s male and kissed himself once, however that went. He had dark eyes, shaggy dark hair, and a nose that won’t quit (it was okay, of course). That friend lived somewhere near a lake. That friend would wait outside, near said lake, and would go through half a pack before hearing the blood red Ferrari in the distance. The sound of the Ferrari would make the shorter man groan in annoyance.

God, he hated the smell of that car. Rolling his eyes, he stood and flicked a cigarette butt into the lake near him. Shoving his hands into his black coat, he waited.

The red car was parked near the lake. A door open and a tall, decently built man got out of it. Eyes covered by sunglasses, but a few specks of blood on his cheeks. His hair was as a dark navy color, with white streaks. He wore a red letterman coat with a large, white backwards ‘K’ on the right side. His shirt underneath was tucked into a pair of raggedy, blue jeans, and to complete the outfit were oddly cleaned shoes and laces. Placing a fingerless gloved hand on his hip, he leaned against the car and parted his lips.

“Wearing a lot of buttons, are you?” He stated in a monotone voice. Moving closer to the other, his faded blue skin shone in the moonlight. The shorter male, completely unfazed, scoffed and folded his arms over his chest. “It is a new coat. Got it yesterday, actually.”

The taller male bent his head to his side.

“Smells like smoke already. You should quit.”

“Ha! You smell like death. You should quit.”

The taller male wanted to smirk, maybe grin or laugh a bit, but he couldn’t. Instead, he rubbed his hands together and looked to the lake.

“Beautiful night. Let’s go for a drive.”

The shorter male had lit another cigarette. Inhaling, he exhaled shortly and approached the other’s car.

“Kav, you come at the worst time. What if I had a girl waiting for me up there?” He questioned, pointing to his house.

The blue skinned male, Kav, spoke.

“Don’t. Can smell it on you.”

“Speak in proper sentences.”

“Can’t. Not now. Daytime, Sebastian. Daytime.”

With his cigarette, Sebastian inhaled once more, deeply, and exhaled slowly, smoke leaving his mouth and nose.

A silence had passed before Sebastian finished off his cigarette and threw the butt into the lake. He ran a hand through his hair and spoke.

“If I don’t want to go?”

“Always ask this. Don’t want to hurt you. Get in. Please.”

“Is that a threat?”

“Please get in.”

“....ugh, oh mon dieu. Merrrrde.” The shorter male groaned and rubbed the side of his face. Last time he refused, only out of exhaustion and irritation, he found himself on the hood of Kav’s car, gasping for breath, and almost crying. After that, he found himself in the back seat of the car, watching the scenery pass him by as he drank a small cup of Tequila and smoked. This time was the same as any other time, minus that one bad experience.

Opening the passenger’s seat to the Ferrari, he slid in and slammed the door behind him. Seat belts were beyond him, how did he use them even? Crossing his legs, he waited for Kav to get in. Eventually, after rubbing his hands for a bit more, Kav returned to the car and sat in the driver’s seat. Turning the car on, he spoke.

“Nice night. Stars out. Moon’s bright.”

“Mmm.”

“Music?”

“No, Kav. Just drive, damn you.”

Just drive. That’s all he had to do. Just drive.

Kav pulled off and headed away from Sebastian’s home. Turning out onto the street, he sped off, his eyes focused on the road before him. In the passenger’s seat, Sebastian leaned onto the door and gazed out of the window.

“It’s been months, Kav. Months. Yet you’re still asking me to drive with you every night. Why?”

“Can’t answer. Not now.”

“You always say that! Always. You know what? This is going to end soon. It’s not my fault you’re dead every night, is it?”

“Can’t help it. Just gets me. Stop yelling. Please.”

“I am not going to stop until I get an answer! Why are you alive and annoying during the day time, but you are dead and irritating at night?!”

“Please. Stop yelling.” Kav hissed through his teeth.

“Stop being dead.” Sebastian mumbled, rolling his eyes and looking to his lap.

Kav sighed a bit. If he could feel, he’d reach out, push some hair from the other’s face, and apologize. Instead, his hands would be cold and stiff, which came with being dead. However, he wanted to apologize. He couldn’t help being dead.

A small apology was uttered through his lips. Sebastian turned to him and raised a brow. “Excuse me?”

“Nothing.”

“Whatever. You know, Kav, there’s something about you.” Sebastian paused, his eyes on the other. He caught glimpse of blood trailing down Kav’s cheek and onto his jacket. He wanted to reach over and clean it off, but he had a thing about blood.

“It’s hard to explain. Everyone’s talking about you, you know. Saying things.”

“...like what?”