Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of this story?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on November 11, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

My first Zelda fanfiction (My second fanfiction period smile ) Tell me what you think

Tales of a lost Kokiri

By Pata Hikari

Chapter 1

A Bitter Hero and a Lonely Sage

It was warm inside the tavern. People, travelers, taking shelter from the storm outside were laughing, enjoying ale and stories. The door opened, and with it a rush of cold and a peal of thunder, to reveal a boy.

The boy looked no older then 13, wearing a green tunic and hat. His dark blond hair seeming to frame his face. On his back one could see two swords, and a shield. His face held a look which some of the men recognized. A look of bitterness, resentment, the look of one who had seen too much death and had lost too much. Many of then men thought the boy was too young to have such a look on his face, and wondered what hells the child had been through.

The boy walked up to the counter and placed two blue rupees upon it." A room for the night please." he said, his voice lacking the innocence that most children that age had.

The owner of the inn looked at the boy, his apperence, despite seeming harmless, seemed to frighten the owner, somehow. The boy, seemed to have little pactince and seemed to suddenly erupt into a rage.

" I said, give me a goddess-forsaken room!" the boy shouted, fury etched through his face. "Or is this tavern so patathic that it doesn't have any more rooms?" He sneered at the owner. "Or are you so stupid that don't know if you have rooms or not?"

By this point the owner was angry, this child was insulting him! Now listen here boy-" The man was interpted by one of the childs swords being drawn. It was a long blade, much longer then one his age should be able to hold, with swirls of gold mixed in with the steel.

"Never call me 'boy' again" he hissed. "You will call me 'sir' and you will show me a room or I will give you a nice scar to go with that ugly face."He then sheathed the golden sword. and looked at the owner, contempt written all over his face.

The owner was by now afraid for his life, and decided it would be best to do what this bo-,young man, said. "V-v-very well s-sir," he stuttered out "Here is your key," he deposited a silver key into the green-clad young mans hand, "upstairs, two doors down and to the right."

The young warrior, for what else could he be?, began to march upstairs when the owner spoke up again. "Um, s-s-sir?" The boy turned around. The irritation on his face was plain and day. "Er, I'll ,um, need your name. Surcity reasons, you see we cant have-"

"Link" the boy stated "My name is Link. Now I want to get some rest!" Link then stormed upstairs.

Everyone in the tavern let out a breath they hadnt even known they had been holding. "Poor kid," one of the regulars stated "I wonder what happened to him?"

"If you ask him he'll probally cut your head of as soon as answer you!" another piped up.

"Now now," the owner said "Lets just forget about that lad, in fact, how about a free round for everyboy?" This caused the mood to lighten back up and soon everyone had forgoten about the strange boy named Link.

-------------------------------------

There was, however someone who would not forget about Link.

------------------------------------

It is said that when the goddess Farore created the life that exsits on this world, she created a froest. A forest that covered the whole world. A forest that contained every form of life that exsits, has exsited and will ever exsit. However the forest gradually reseeded, creating the plains, deserts, feilds, ocean,and lesser forests that cover the world today. It is also said that the remains of this forest reside in the contry of Hyrule. This forest has many names, some call it the Cursed Woods, Others call it the Forest of Demons, the more optomistic called the the Forest of Lifes Beginning. Most however, call it by the by the simple name of The Lost Woods. This name is purhaps most fitting in this day and age, for that is what happens to people who enter it. They are lost forever. But it is not evil magic that traps poor souls. It is mearly strong and old magic which does not tolerate outsiders. So it twists their forms to fit the forest, with protection it is possable to enter the forest without harm. But few are willing to offer protection, perfering to keep the forest untainted and its creatures free from outside influance.

Among the most powerful of the forest creatures are the Kokiri, children of the Great Deku Tree which was said to have been planted by Farore herself, they were created in a human form. The Kokiri are unmatched in magical power, even the Sheikah are only second. Dispite their great power, there have been few Kokiri mages in this worlds history. Perhaps this is fortunate, for if they ever learned of their true power, they could easely take over this world. Most Kokiri use their power for small, pratical things, such as the magic bags they make from magical plants and infuse with their power, which can never be filled and can hold anything yet still feel empty. They also use their power to care for the forest, making plants grow faster or in poor soil. They are also connected to all life and can even feel a person soul. No disguise can fool a Kokiri for they can tell if one is lieing.

The Kokiri live in a small village near the western edge of The Lost Woods. Here they live their lives alone, outsiders rarely entering, when they do the Kokiri always guide them out before the forest can take them. As such they lived their lives alone, all of them content to stay in their forest, with not contact with outsiders. This changed one night.

War had been ravaging the land for many years. But the Kokiri were unaware of this, but the Great Deku Tree was. he sensed an Hylain woman coming to the forest, he sensed she had a child with her, and that she was dieing. Feeling something about the child the woman had with her, he let her through, masking her and her childs souls so the Kokiri could not sense them, and guided them to him. Once there he sensed the great destiny this child possesed, and, relizing that the fate of the world rested upon this baby boys,whos name, as given by his mother was Link, shouders, took the child in. The mother did not survive the night. The Great Deku Tree had work to do. Infusing the child with Kokiri blood, he placed him under the care of his youngest child, a Kokiri girl by the name of Saria, whom he could also feel a great destiny within. And so Link was raised as Kokiri for many years until his destiny was ready to be fulfilled. Link faught many battles and finally saved Hyrule from evil. Saria was awakened to her destiny as well. But all was undone, and only Link and the princess of Hyrule, Zelda, remembered. After that Link became a wonderer traveling from place to place, righting wrongs as he went, he even saved another world.

Meanwhile Saria, who did not remember the part she played in the fate of the world was sitting on the roof of her house. Looking up at the night sky above her, a sigh escaped her lips."Is the sky the same where you are?"Saria was, of course, thinking about the boy who had changed her life in so many ways.

Link

'Why?' she thought 'Why haven't you come back?' Almost six months ago the Great Deku Tree and died, and with his death, Link left. The whole forest morned the loss of the Tree God, but the Kokiri also morned the loss of Link. For if Link had left the forest, surely he was dead. Yet both proved to still live. A month after the Deku Trees death, a sprout grew, this sprout became the new Great Deku Tree, but it would be a few years before he assended to full power. Then, as if on que, Link returned. The joyous partying seemed to breing new life into the forest, as Link answered questions about the outside world. The answers flew over most of the Kokiris heads. But not Saria, she could easlily picture the vast feilds, scorching deaserts, and vast mountians. She could picture the world beyond the forest. And Saria wanted to learn more, she talked to Link constantly, spending even more time with him then before he left. She was always with her best friend. The Kokiri girl began to notice that Link had...changed. He had become taller, his hair slightly longer, his features more rugged.But Kokiri do not change past the age of twelve! Their hair does not even grow unless the child wills it. So how could Link be changing? Just when Saria was about to confront Link on this issue, he left. He said he had some things to take care of, and he left. Three months have passed since then. And Saria could not stop thinking about him. She was also exerencing something no Kokiri had felt in over a thousand years.

Wonderlust.

Saria was tired of the forest, she wanted to see the world!

"I want to go with you." she wispered "I want to travel with you, see the world with you" Saria began to brake down sobbing "Don't leave me Link..." She curled up into a fetal position sobbing loulder and back...I need you..."

Mido, the leader of the Kokiri, listened to Sarias sobs. 'Link' he thought 'Why did you leave? Why did you...did you hurt Saria?'

Mido never had liked Link, and everybody knew the reason. Saria. Mido was always jelous of the attention Link got from her. From when he was a baby and she was assigned to care for him. To now, when she was crying over him being gone.

And yet, when Link returned the first thing he did was say "Hi Mido, did ya miss me?" with a silly grin on his face. Link had matured, he was friendly to everyone, even to Mido and his friends, who were never nice to Link. Mido now found himself hoping, like Saria, that Link came home soon. 'All right Mr. No-Fairy, come home soon, Saria needs you.'

I love it.Right more.Before the domos come for you. domokun
Critique: You have good imagery, but your syntax leaves something to be desired and feels a little choppy. Good opening.
It's a very good story, but the actual grammer and writting aspects needs a little work. Still a good read. Write more and soon! biggrin
And yet another chapter! eek

Tales of A Lost Kokiri

By Pata Hikari

Chapter Three: Searching for Answers

Saria was standing at the edge. She knew if she crossed this line, she'd be out of the forest. Shadow told me as long as I have this Forest Water, I'd be able to leave. She took a deep breath, and ran. She felt the magic that had always embraced her growing weaker as she moved. Finally, she stopped.

It was huge! Never before could she see so far. "This is the outside world?" she wondered. "I wonder if I'll meet all the strange people Link told us about?" She thought about the rock eating people. "I hope so." Her face gain a look of determination. "But first to find Link." She marched foreward into the plains.

Link was standing in a void. Nothing seemed to exist. "Where am I?"

-Murderer-

Link spun around "Who's there?"

-Hateful Murderer-

Link reached for his swords, only to find they weren't there! He was completly unarmed!

-What's the matter Murderer? Scared now that you don't have your tools of death?-

"Shut up." Link scowled "Who are you anyway?"

-Not only are you a murderer, but your also rude.-

"Ha ha. Your very funny" Link replied sarcasticly "Now who are you?"

-Why don't you look behind you Murderer?-

Link turned around. And nearly screamed.

It was Gohma. At least Link thought it was Gohma. It looked like it had rotted away, its eye was nothing but a bleeding mass of pus. It had bleeding gashes all over its body.

-Meet your first victim, Murderer.-

Gohma spoke, somehow. "Why did you kill me? I did nothing to you. All I was doing was trying to survive. And you killed me. And left me to rot! I would have understood if you had needed food, but you killed me for no reason!"

Link was agasp, "You were killing the Great Deku Tree!"

"Only so I could live! I was eating his roots and trunk! I wasn't cutting him down and leaving him to rot like you did to me!" Then Gohma vanished.

-Did that enlighten you Murderer?-

"What makes you think showing me a dead spider is going to accomplish anything?"

-Did you enjoy killing Gohma?-

"What?"

-Did you enjoy it?-

"No!"

-And yet you enjoyed killing the Wolfos, you enjoyed killing the Moblins and the Stalfos-

"But, but..."

-But what? Your a murderer, it wasn't easy at first. But now you can kill as easily as you can breathe. And you enjoy it. How does that make you feel?-

"How I feel is none of your concern!"

-Touchy, aren't we?-

"Shut up! Your the one messing with my head here! Your a liar!"

-Your calling ME a liar? You forget, you are not only a murderer, but also a liar.-

"I am not!"

-Look behind you.-

"Fine, what's it going to be this time, a dead chicken?" he chuckled at his little joke. He then turned around.

It was Ruto.

Her face was twisted with rage, anger and sadness. "How could you" she spat. "How could you play with my heart like that."

"Ruto I-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear anymore lies from your mouth!"

"You don't understa-"

"You don't understand! I gave my heart to you, and you took it. So what did you do? You spat on it and threw it at my feet!" She stormed toward Link "You treated me like I was nothing! Like a whore!"

"Ruto, I didn't know-"

"What did I say about your lies!"

"Ruto, I'm not lieing."

"Yes! You! Are! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She began punching him shouting "I hate you!" with each blow. Her punches became weaker, her shouts became softer, until she was curled up on the ground, whimpering "I hate you..." over and over again. And then she vanished.

Link stood there. He didn't know what to do, or say.

-Want to see more? Lieing Murderer?-

"No."

-You sure? I have soooo much more I could show you.-

"Shut up."

-I sense anger.-

"What did I say about shutting up!"

-And I'm cheerfuly ignoring you.-

"FINE! I am a Liar annd a Murderer! Are you happy now?! Are you!?

-Yes, but I don't think they are.-

Link looked behind him and saw, everybody he had ever met. "What the?"

-They have something to say-

Zelda was the first to speak up. "I can't beleive I trusted you with the Ocarina of Time."

Malon was next. "How could I leave Epona with you!?"

Darunia. "We are Brothers no longer!"

Impa. "I'm amazed you didn't hurt the Princess!"

More and more people spoke up, rejecting Link utterly. The Great Fairys, people he had helped in villages, Skull Kid, Tatl and Tael, even Anju and Kafei! Finally there were two people left.

Navi and Saria.

Navi flew up to Link, glowing an angry blood red. "I'm glad I left you."

Link reached out towards her. "No! Don't leave me again! Please!" But Navi was already gone. Link turned to the green haired girl. "Saira, please..."

Saria stood there, her face blank.

"Please Saria, don't leave me...I need you..."

Saria spoke, in a monotone voice. "I hate you." and vanished.

Link fell down on his knees. "No..please!" Tears were falling down his face. "Please come back! I need you...Saria I love you!" He finally fell to the ground sobbing.

He cried for what seemed like hours before the voice spoke up again.

-Heh, you ok kid?-

Link looked up "You..." he hissed "You did this!

-Sorry, you did. I just helped set it up.-

"I will kill you."

-Why? I'm the only friend you have left.-

"Your not my friend!"

-Well, then, how about kindred sprit?-

"What?"

-Me and you are a rare kind. We could almost be concidered family!-

"Shut up! Who are you!"

-Look behind you and you'll find out. Heh heh heh.-

Link spun around, eager to stangle whoever had been tormenting him. He stopped. "No...No..."

Gannondorf was standing there.

A sick grin was on his face. "I'm the only one you have left, Murderer."

"No no no! Liar! Thief! Evil!"

"Scream all you want Murderer. It won't do you any good."

"No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! no no no no..."

Saria looked around. "Wow, this place is huge!" The field extended on for what looked like forever. "Now where is Link? How am I going to find him in this huge place?" She continued walking "Hey, whats that?" She jogged towards something she saw over a hill.

It was a complex of some kind. A large amount of land was surrounded by a fence, she could see all kinds of animals on the land that was fenced in. Large buildings dotted one end of the fenced in land. One of them had looked like it was a house. "Is that where outsiders live?" If it was maybe they had seen Link! "I think I should go check it out." She started walking toward the house.

"No!"

Link woke up. It was just a dream, thank Din! He stood up. He was in the field, his swords were a short distance away. Alright, lets see where I am. He seemed to be near Lon Lon Ranch. Should I go there? I would like to see Malon and Epona again. A moment later he shook his head. No, I should just leave. He reached into his bag and pulled out the Ocarina of Time. I should return this to Zelda. Yes. Thats what I'll do. I'll return this to Zelda and leave Hyrule for good. The dream had shaken Link up and hardened his conviction that he was unwanted. Yes, it would be best for everybody if I left. He then set a path towards the castle.

Shadow looked on as Link trudged off. "Well Link, lets see what happens when you you reach the castle." He chuckled. "I wonder what will happen with the farm girl and the Forest Sage?" Something fun, he knew that. All was going according to plan.

Saria looked at the house. It was large enough to hold the whole village! She raised a shakey hand, and knocked on the door.

"I'm comin' I'm comin'." And the door opened to reveal the largest man Saria had ever seen.

She knew outsiders grew larger, but she didn't know they grew THAT large. He had strong, muscular arms. Those were the only things that looked hard. His belly buldged out. His face appered gentle, with a large, round nose. He was bald, with some hair under his nose.

"Well hello Miss. What brings you here this early?"

Saria felt nervous, "Um..well whats your name?"

The man laughed, a big booming laugh. "The names Talon Lon. Whats yours?" Saria smiled weakly, there was something about this man that she liked. "My name is Saria, Talon Lon."

Talon Lon smiled. "Just call me Talon Saria."

"O-OK.."

Talon looked at the Kokiri "So Saria, what brings you here??"

Talons friendly demeanor had relaxed Saira so she piped up "Well you see, I'm looking for someone, and I has hoping you had seen him."

"Daddy, who's at the door?" another voice called out, a minute later a face was added onto the voice.

She was about Sarias size, with long red hair flowing down her back. She was wearing a white dress which went down to her feet. She had the same friendly aura that Talon had.

"Oh Malon, this is Saria, she says she's looking for someone." Talon said, waving his hand towards Saria.

Malon looked at Saria for a while before speaking. "You dress like a friend of mine, Saria, you know that?

Saria took this information in. "Really? What is your friends name?"

"Link."

Sarias eyes widened in shock "Link? Thats who I'm looking for! Have you seen him?"

Malon gave Saria a knowing smile, "So your Saria, Link talks about you all the time you know. And no, I haven't seen Link in a while."

Saria blushed. Link, talked about her? "What did he say about me?"

Malon, eyeing Sarias blush, grined. "Oh he talked about how wonderful you are and how your his best friend and that he thought you were way smarter then him and..." Malon trailed of when she saw that Saria was a red as her hair.

Talon looked down at Saria, giving her his booming laugh. "Well any friend of Link is welcome here! Why don't you come in and have some breakfast?"

As if to answer his question, Sarias stomach growled loudly. "Um, OK."

"Saria! Where are you!"

Kalo was flying through the forest, yelling himself hoarse, looking for Saria. Stupid stupid stupid! How could I leave her after Link snapped like that? He asked some Gossip Stones if they had seen her. They hadn't. I've looked everywhere for her, what if she left the forest? If she had she would be dead in a few hours. "Arg! Where is she!"

Just then he heard a voice speak up. "I know where she is" It was the Gossip Stone that overlooked the village.

"Really? Where did she go!"

"Outside the forest."

Kalo nearly fainted right then and there. "No! Please tell me what happened!?"

"Well, you see, a cloaked man showed up, gave Saria two bottles of preserved Forest Water. Saria left, and the man vanished."

Preserved Forest Water? Forest water was water saturated with magic of the forest, however, it quickly lost its power once outside of the forest. It was possable to preserve it, but it took powerful magic. In times of old Kokiri Mages would use the water to leave the forest, for just a sip would revitalize them for thirty hours. But the secret to the magic was currently sealed away, in the Forest Temple. 'Someone had access to forbidden knowlage. And used it to get Saria out of the Forest!' "Thank you!" he called out to the Gossip Stone.

"Just doing my job."

"Well I'd better get going!" First to the Deku Tree to tell him he was leaving, then to find Saria!

Saria was full. Breakfast was strange. Good, but strange. "Please tell me how to make bacon." She begged to Talon "I love it!"

"Link liked the toast and jam better" Malon said with a giggle. "What do you Kokiri eat anyway?"

"Nothing this good!" Saria exclaimed. "Thank you for letting me have breakfast."

"It was our pleasure Saria." Talon said "Now why are you looking for Link?"

"Um, I need to find him. He's hurt and I need to help him." Tears began to well up in her eyes.

Malon placed a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you wait here for a while, Link stops by sometimes, maybe he'll show up soon."

Saria looked at the red-head. "Well I guess so."

Malon beamed "Good! Come on Fairy Girl, I'll show you around the ranch!" She then grabbed Sarias wrist, and began leading her.

Fairy Girl? the Kokiri thought.

Link had arrived. Hyrule castle loomed over him. He slowly walked across the drawbridge.

"Hello Link. Good to see you again."

Link turned toward the guard, they all knew him name by now. "Hello there."

The guard winked at Link "Going to see the Princess?"

Link rolled his eyes "Maybe." He really didn't need the guards gossiping about him and Zelda. But it seemed to be unavoidable. Dosen't matter, I'll be leaving after this, so let them talk.

The gaurd snickered, "Well good luck, and say 'Hi' to the Princess for me!"

"Sure." Idiot...

The Market Place.

Link was trying to force his way through the crowd.

It was times like this Link wondered if most Hylians were completly insane. What possesses them to all swarm in a cramped place like this every day? He sure didn't understand them half the time! And he was one of them! Kokiri are much easier to understand. Links thoughts were interupted when a dog nearly ran him over.

"Bad Richard! Don't tackle the boy!"

"I hate you all..." Link muttered to himself.

"Wow Malon, the horses are amazing." Saria was looking at the horses. They were wonderful animals. Saria then saw one she reconized. "Hey! thats Links horse! Epona!" She ran up to the foal, only to find her run away as soon as Saria got close.

"Well Fairy Girl, looks like you don't know how to handle Epona." Malon commented.

"Oh shut up." Saria fumed. How did Link get her to trust him? Oh! The song! Saria turned to Malon, "You wrote Eponas Song, right?"

Malon shook her head. "My mom did, but I guess I consider it my song."

What's a "mom?" "Can you teach it to me?"

Malon seemed surprised, "I don't know, I only teach it to my friends..."

"I'd like to be your friend..." Something clicked in Sarias head. "I know! I'll teach you my song and you can teach me your song."

"Your song?"

"Yes, my song, I only teach it to my friends."

Malon seemed to take this in. "All right, you teach me your song and I'll teach you my song. Deal?"

"Deal." They shook hands. Before bursting into giggles.

"OK," Saria begun, "This is my song." Pulling out her Ocarina, she began to play. The cheerful song filled the air. Sarias eyes were closed as she let the Song Of the Forest take over her senses.

Link suddenly stopped. Sarias Song? he could hear it as clearly as if he was right next to her. he looked around, searching for the source of the tune. When he had to dodge the dog, again.

"Richard! Leave that boy alone!"

Link gritted his teeth. "Urge to kill...rising."

Saria finished playing. She always felt relaxed after playing her song. She opened her eyes and saw Malon, with a look of awe on her face.

"Saria, look around you."

Saria did. All the animals that had been out at the time had gathered around her! "Wow." she whispered.

"Even Epona was there, though she ran off once you stoped playing. I'll...I'll teach you my song now."

Link stopped once again as he heard a song he knew Eponas Song? Whats going on? Is Malon here? Link started to look for Malon. Then the dog tackled him, and then it took something from him.

"Richard! Leave him alone!"

Link groaned and got up and got a good look at what the dog had.

The Deku Mask.

"Give that back you dumb mutt!"

And so the chase began.

"Good job Saria!" Malon cheered.

Saria had managed to learn Eponas Song very quickly. And now the horse was standing right next to her. "Hello there." she whispered.

"Well she likes you now Fairy Girl! So were friends?"

"Friends." Saria smiled "You know, your the first new friend I've had in a while."

Malon laughed "Always good to hear. Hey, you want to learn how to ride Epona?"

"Well I don't know-"

"Come on, it will be fun!"

Saria sighed "You win. I'll learn." This girl was convincing!

"I always do. Lets start!"

Chasing a dog through the back alleys of Hyrule Castle Town is not Links idea of fun. Unfortunatly that is what he is doing right now. "You stupid dog, when I catch you I'll Ice Sword your sorry tail so hard..."

"Must you always resort to violence Link?"

The dog stopped, dropped the mask, and ran off. Link looked at the man that made the dog flee. "Oh great, it's you"

The Happy Mask Salesman frowned. "Now Link, is that any way to great a friend?"

"No, but luckily we're not friends."

"You wound me Link."

"Cry me a river."

The Salesman laughed "Oh I do enjoy bantering with you Link!"

"Can we get on with this? I know the only reason your here is because you need to tell me something. Or you have a screw up you need me to fix."

The Salesman seemed to pause. "I liked you better when you were childishly noble and kind."

Link smiled bitterly "Well, you're one of the bigger reasons I'm a cynical b*****d, you do know that right?"

The Mask Salesman face showed regret "I'm sorry Link, if I had known what the Terra Force Mask could do..."

"Yeah yeah, its all in the past. So shut up and lets get down to bussiness. Is it work or just advice?"

"A warning from my bosses."

"Thats new, usually they just plop stuff on me with no warning."

"Well..they kind of...didn't relise this was going on."

"So its like Majora?"

"Yes, only it's connnected to you in some basic way. They can't tell who or what it is."

Link stared at the man in front of him. "Anything I need to watch out for?"

"Shadows."

"That's it?" Man, if I have to watch out for shadows, the next few days are going to be real fun. he thought bitterly

"There is one more thing though..."

"What?"

"You are ordered to stay in Hyrule."

Link glared at the Salesman. "I hate you."

"Don't hate the messagner."

Link sighed What am I going to do now?

"Goodbye Link, I'll see you later." he began to walk away.

"You know" Link began "for messagner of the Goddesses, your kind of weird."

The Happy Mask Salesmen laughed "Since when have they chosen normal people?"

Link smiled "True, true."

"You want to spend the night at my shop, or will you mooch off the Princess?"

"Depends on weather or not I want to sleep at a freaks house."

"I'll take that as a maybe."

Kalo was out on the plains. "Ok, I need to find her, bring her back, and find out who gave her that water, and pray he isn't evil." Why was he given a Kokiri with such and important connection to the fate of the world? "I can almost understand why Navi just went up and left." He stopped. "Its the Song of the Forest! Saria's playing it!" He began to fly towards the source of the magical song.

Shadow was angry. "Cruse that salesman! Curse that Gossip Stone! Now Link is prepared, and that stupid fairy is going to find the Forest Sage!" He took a few deep breaths "OK, calm down, you can deal with this. But how?" He suddely relised it. "Of course...heh heh heh. This may work out to my advantage. Now Fairy, fly to your little charge, but don't think you'll help." He burst out laughing.

Dinner at Lon Lon Ranch was a wonderful meal. Saria enjoyed the meat and potatoes. She had spent most of the day learning how to ride a horse. It had been pretty easy, beause Epona had been very helpful. Apparently she was wlling to do anything anybody who could play her song, namely Link, Malon, and now Saria.

"Will you be spending the night Saria?" Talon asked.

"I don't see why not. This has been a wnderful experence for me, Thank you."

"Well, its wonderful to see Malon make a girl friend her own age."

Malon smiled "I'll show you to the guest room."

"Thanks."

Malon took Saria to the room pointing to the bed she said, "You can sleep there."

"Thanks. Good night Malon."

"Good night Saria."

Saria sat down on the bed. It was so soft. I'll have no trouble falling asleep on this. She reached into her bag, and pulled out one of the bottles filled with Forest Water. One sip per day.. She pulled out the cork and drunk some.

Instantly she felt a rush of energy flow through her. It was unlike anything she had ever felt before! A power, which she hadn't even known was being drained, was instantly filled. What a ruch! I can see why Shadow said this will keep me alive. Yawning a little, she decided to go to sleep. Pulling her pajamias out of her bag, she changed into them, laid down in the very soft bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

Saria was in her meadow. She didn't know why, but she has always had thought of it as her domain. Maybe it was the old building that rested in it that drew her too it.

She was sitting down on the large stone slab that was in the middle of her meadow when she heard a sound.

It was Link.

He was standing there, a small smile on his face. He looked...different somehow. He looked...desireable. He walked towards her, slowly. Saria stood up, Link was just a few inches from her. Neither said anything, or even moved for a few seconds. Then Link moved. He wraped his arms around Saria, and then he pressed his lips against hers. It was a strange feeling, but a very pleasent one. Saria felt all strenth leave her as he held her closer to him. She melted into his arms, their lips still pressed together. Her whole body felt warm inside as she felt Links body press against hers. Link pressed forward against Saria, and Saria found herself lieing on the ground, with Link on top of her. That warm feeling was now a fire.

She knew she wanted more.

She pressed her lips against Links even harder, tasting his lips and mouth. A long moan escaped her thoat as she reached up to his shirt and began to take it off....

"Saria..."

"Saria..."

"Wake up Saria!"

Saria groaned. Whoever stopped my nice dream is going to pay... The dream left her in a strange state. That warm feeling was still in her, plus she was all sweaty. And at the same time she felt good, half-asleep, but good.

"Saria, wake up right now!"

"I'm up, I'm up." Saria looked at the thing that had woken her up. "Kalo? Is that you?"

"Yes it's me! What are you doing here!"

"Last I checked I was sleeping" Saria said sarcasticly.

"You know I don't mean that!"

"Sorry, Kalo, but you just stopped a really good dream. So I'm kind of irritated."

"It doesn't matter. You need to go back to the Lost Woods right now!"

Saria relised what he was saying, he wants me to give up, to go back, to never see Malon again, to never find Link...

"No."

Kalo was stunned. "What do you mean 'no'?"

"I'm not going back without Link, and that's final."

"Saria, you don't understand-"

"No. I will not go back and that's final!"

Dosen't she relise that she is likely falling into a trap? "Saria, I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice."

Saria relised what he was about to do No Kalo, please don't make me choose between you and Link...

"Saria of the Kokiri, as your Gaurdian Fairy, appointed by the Great Deku Tree, I order you, under penalty of banishment, to return to the forest with me."

It was the last resort for any Gaurdian Fairy. For if a Kokiri became too rebellous, they could envoke this order, if the Kokiri disobeyed, he of she was banished, never allowed in the village or the presence of the Great Deku Tree again. Only twelve times in the history of the Kokiri has there been a banishment. And only once had a banishment been revoked.

Tears were flowing down Sarias face. Please take it back..

"Saria, I'm waiting."

"No...."

Kalo was sure he didn't hear her right. "Saria, what did you say?"

"I said no."

"Saria! You understand what that means, Don't you!?"

"Yes I understand! You had to make me choose between home and Link, and I chose Link!"

Saria... "You love him."

"What?"

"You love Link. You love him in a way Kokiri shuldn't and there is nothing I can to about it." Kalo was glowing a depressing blue now. "I'm sorry Saria, I'll be going to imform the Great Deku Tree of you decision. Goodbye Saria..." My daughter... He flew away slowly, taking on last glance at the girl he loved as his own child.

Saria was numb about what just happened. She had just given everything up, for Link. I love Link... it echoed through her mind I love Link...

I love Link...

I love Link.

"I love Link!" she finally said aloud. She loved Link! That was why she always felt happy when he was around, thats why he gave her that warm feeling thats why she would do anything to find him!

"I love Link!" Tomarrow, she would put those horse-riding lessons to use. To find Link.

And to tell him how she felt.

Because he is all she had left.

Kalo drifted slowly back towards the Lost Woods, in no hurry to inform the village that Saria had chosen banishment.

"Sucks to be you." A voice said.

Kalo looked foreward, to see a cloaked man. "Who are you!"

"Call me Shadow. I am the one who gave the Forest Sage the tools that led to her banishment."

A cloaked man.. "You..how could you! Wait, Forest Sage? How do you know about that!?"

"All part of my plan. But your interfrance almost runied it." He let out a sinister chuckle. "Luckily I managed to strenthen it by leaps and bounds, all thanks to you."

"You monster..."

"Thank you." Kalo could see the sick grin. "However, I can not let anyone else know of her banishment." Shadow vanished suddenly appering in front of Kalo, there was a flash of light and Kalo was in a glowing sphere of light. He was trapped.

"Let me out!" Kalo shouted.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you. You can wittness my plans come to fruit."

His laughter echoed through the plains.
Bring

Up

My

Good, good, but I saw a lot of mistakes that were too obvious. Like mispelling, fragment sentences, and constantly using your instead of you're or were instead of we're. Still a good story. Write more.
I reworte this chapter once. I hated the way it truned out at first. So, here you go!

Tales of a Lost Kokiri

Chapter 4

Together

Link was sitting in a jail cell. How he ended up in that jail cell is an embarrassing story. Stupid new guard. I should have just knocked him out. But nooooo, I had to be the good boy and let myself be arrested' It was times like this that made Link regret his vow to never harm innocents, no matter how annoying they may be. Look at the bright side; I'm not with the freak. That seemed to be the only good side. His gear was taken, he was in a small cramped cell, and he had to pee! If they think I'll use that chamber pot, they have another thing coming. Link was sure it was alive and was waiting for him to try and use it so it could suck out his soul. It's happened before.

"You know you'll have to tell me about how you got caught."

Link looked at the one who said that. It appeared to be a young man, (Appeared was the key word here.) slightly taller then Link, his blond hair falling over his face, covering one of his red eyes. His face was giving Link a know-it-all grin. That iritated Link. "Oh, hello 'Sheik.'"

Sheik held up some keys. "I'm here to help you out."

Link smiled, his irritation forgotten. "Great! Now can you-"

"But...I would like to hear what happened"

Link felt the irritation returning. "Sheik now is not the time-"

"I mean, it must be a funny story."

Link gritted hi teeth. "Sheik I don't want to tell-"

"I wonder what would happen If I told everybody about-"

"Open the damn door you goddess-cursed transvestite!"

"Touchy. Oh fine." Sheik inserted the key and opened the door. "So are you going to tell me?"

"No."

"Darn."

"You want to borrow Epona?"

Malon was looking at her new friend with small look of surprise. "You just started learning yesterday!"

Saria gulped. "I know, but I'm sure I can handle it..."

"Saria, you could get hurt!"

Saria raised her hand to tell her friend to be quiet for a minute. "Please, Malon, I need to find Link."

Malon sighed "Saria..."

"Please?"

Malon seemed to have a battle going on in her. "All right, you can borrow her, but come back once you find. Link, OK?"

Saria let out a whoop of joy "Thank you Malon!" she gave Malon a big hug.

"Whoa, whoa, Fairy Girl, save your affection for Fairy Boy." Malon squeaked out, pulling out of Sarias bone-crushing hug.

Saria blushed "Malon!"

A fit of giggles escaped from the farm girls lips "Oh come on, I know you like him, it's so obvious. The way you blushed whenever you talked about him, which you did all the time by the way."

Saria smiled faintly "Well I guess I do like him..."

"Well tell me all the details when you get back." She got a wicked grin on her face "All the dirty details."

The dream rushed to Sarias mind and her face became redder then Malons hair. "Malon!!"

Malon let out a long stream of giggles. "Well, let's go get Epona."

Zelda sat down in a cushioned chair. "So Link, what brings you here this time?" She gave him a gentle smile.

Link looked at her and said blankly "I came here to take shameless advantage of your hospitality. If you must know."

"So you did come to see me." her smile grew bigger.

"I guess so."

Zelda's smile grew even bigger. "So, anything you want to do now that you're out of that cell?"

"Pee."

Zelda's train of thought crashed. "Pee? Why didn't you go in the cell?"

"I didn't want my soul sucked out."

Zelda stared "You're joking."

"It's happened to me before."

Before? "Link what does that... Never mind, I don't want to know. The bathroom is that way." She pointed in a direction "Just hurry up."

"Yes, Your Highness." Link replied sarcastically then he walked off.

Zelda sighed, Link, how am I going to get through to you...

Shadow was over looking Hyrule Castle. "So boring, the Forest sage will be here soon and the Sage of Wisdom is already bothering Link"

"For the last time let me out!"

Shadow stared at Kalo, contempt written on his features. "Is it a natural trait of fairies to be annoying? Because all you've done since I found you, is annoy me."

"You're the one who captured me!"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, why don't we have some fun?"

"W-what do you mean by that?"

"Watch" Shadow held out his hand, his hand began to glow; suddenly it flew right off him! The hand melted into a black puddle. Then four things grew out of the puddle, each one seemed to have no defined form, shifting and changing by the second. The only defined things were two glowing red eyes on each. Then, Shadows hand grew back.

"What, what are those!?" Kalo screamed, disgusted.

"ShadowBeasts. My babies. They are part of me. If killed, they return to me and I regain their strength. One will go test the Forest Sage, can't have her being to weak now can we?" On cue one of them formed wings and flew off in Sarias direction. "The other three will attack Link." The creatures crawled off towards the castle. "Now things should get a bit more interesting."

"You're..." Kalo stammered "your...your not human!"

"No," Shadow hissed "I'm not."

Riding a horse in practice was a lot different then riding it for real. A lot harder. It's OK, I can handle this. Saria had her eyes closed, and was clutching the reins for dear life as Epona went forward at full speed. Just because I'm moving faster then I've ever moved before and if I fall I'll probably be hurt really...Oh Goddesses! I'm going to die! Suddenly, Epona stopped. Huh? Am I dead? Saria opened her eyes. Epona had stopped In front of a bridge, in front a large stone structure. The castle... "I made it! WhooHoo! I'm alive! I'm-" Epona reared suddenly, turning around and running away from the castle! "Hey! Wait! Stop! Why are you going that way!?" Saria turned around, and saw why Epona was running.

A huge thing was chasing them, it seemed to shift and change constantly, its wings flapping, causing it to slowly move foreword. It crashed into the ground. Saria became somewhat relieved. Then the relief was destroyed as the thing shifted into some sort of horse like shape, running towards her, moving even faster then Epona. Oh crud, oh crud... It grew an arm-like thing, the end of it tapered and sharpened. And it flew off the THING, launching towards her like a spear. "Left!" she screamed, pulling Eponas reins, making her turn. The spear rushed past her, smashing into the ground, before melting...

What can I do?' she thought How can I get away from this? The thing was catching up to her. Please Epona, go faster Epona; however seemed to have other ideas. She reared back, stopping so suddenly that Saria flew off. Slamming into the ground. The thing stopped, looking at Saria with those glowing eyes. It seemed to be saying "get up." Saria struggled to her feet. The thing shifted into a roughly human shape, with two arms and legs. One of its arms lengthened and sharpened, like a sword. While the other one became broad, like a shield. It stood there, staring at her with those evil, red eyes.

You want to fight me!?" she shouted, realizing its intent. The thing nodded with the bulge that seemed to be a head. It charged, its "sword" pointed outward, ready to kill Saria. The Kokiri rolled out of the way and watched the thing cut through the ground where she had been standing there a second ago like it was nothing. It turned around and charged again, this time Saria leaped out of the way. Another deep cut was made in the ground. What do I do? What do I do?

The Great Deku Tree had forbidden the learning of attack magic by the Kokiri without his permission. Because of that, Saria did not know what to do.

-I can help you-

Who's that? Saria thought as she ducked under a strike aimed at her head.

-A friend.-

You can hear my thoughts? Kicking the "shield" into the thing, knocking it back.

-Yes, I am a part of you, a part that hasn't been awakened yet.-

Then how are you talking to me? Jumping over a swipe aimed at her feet.

-You need my help, I'll give it to you, and then I'll sleep again.-

How can you help me? She screamed as the "sword" cut her arm, it burned like fire.

-I will unlock some of the knowledge hidden in your mind-

It hurts it hurts she stumbled to the ground. The THING raised its sword, triumphant.

-Here we go...-

Sarias mind was suddenly flooded with new knowledge. She knew what to do. The thing brought its "sword" down, ready to finish her off. Saria would have none of that. Her hands suddenly glowing a pure white, she reached up, and grabbed the "sword"

"HOLY OBLIVION!"

The spell flowed through the thing, causing it to shake and pulse wildly. Saria was sure that if it was capable of making sound, it would be screaming right now. White light began to surround it, turning it into stone, before finally collapsing into a pile of dust. She stood up. Smiling from ear to ear, she beat it! She won! "Epona!" she called to the horse, which was now some distance away, "Come on! It's safe!" The foal just backed away. "Epona?" Saria then sensed something behind her! Rolling out of the way she turned around and saw another thing. This one was had three legs around a huge bloated body, a gaping mouth with sharp, uneven fangs was snapped shut over where she was a second ago. Oh, that's why Epona is staying away. She was confident that she could beat it; after all, she now knew very powerful spells. The thing turned and charged, eager to rip Saria to shreds. Saria didn't even blink.

"Farores Wind!"

Green light swirled around Saria. In an instant she was gone. The THING stopped, confused on where her prey had gone.

"Hey bozo! Back here!"

The THING turned around, and saw the Kokiri it was trying to kill standing twenty feet away. It charged again. Not even noticing Sarias hands were glowing a dark green.

"Natures Wrath!"

The green light shot out of her hands, forming a tornado around the thing. It was picked up and spun around. Saria raised her hands, and the tornado became a sphere of light, she slammed her hands together. The Sphere collapsed on itself, before exploding. Waves of magic shot out from the explosion, destroying the thing utterly. Saria noticed that Epona was now standing by her side. "I did it girl." She said to the horse, all her strength gone, "I beat them..."

And everything went black

Inside the Royal Library, Link was reading a book on history. Zelda was watching him. Why does he have to be like this? Flowed through her mind. Why did he change from that sweet boy I once knew? Link was now cold, distant, sarcastic and cynical. His old personality would sometimes pop back up. But it was never for long. Did I do something to him? Or was it just the stress that came from being the Hero of Time? Sometimes Zelda wished she hadn't sent them all back in time. No. this was the only way Only she and Link remembered the seven years that Gannondorf ruled Hyrule. Maybe it would have been best if Link had forgotten too... But now was no time to reflect on that. Now was the time to try, once again, to pull Link out of his shell. "Link? Do you want to go out?"

"No."

Here we go again.. "Why not?"

"I like reading."

"But it's such a nice, sunny day."

Link looked up at Zelda. "Princess, if you had to travel in the hot sun for days at a time, you wouldn't call this day 'nice'." He went back to reading his book.

Why Naryu? Why? "Link..." Whatever Zelda was about to say was stopped by sounds of fighting. "What's that!?"

Link was already up, running towards the window.

"Link...Link!"

Link jumped out the window.

Kalo watched in horror as three ShadowBeasts ganged up on the guards. "They'll be killed!" He struggled against the magic field, but it held strong.

"They won't be killed Fairy, nobody shall die. Don't you get that?!" Shadow was starting to regret capturing Kalo. By Din, he's irritating....

"And yet people will be hurt! You've already hurt so many people! How many more will suffer."

Shadow didn't say anything.

"Well?"

"All will suffer..."

Link landed. Hmmm, three stories, not my personal best, but still pretty good. He ran out to see what the cause of the fighting was.

When he arrived he stopped in his tracks. Shadows... The strange creatures looked like living shadows, with glowing red eyes and an unstable form. It looked like it took some effort for them to keep a fixed shape. One looked like man, but with arms longer then it was tall with razor sharp claws at the end of them. Another looked like some sort of insect, with five legs and a long body with a bladed tail, and no head. The last one had six arms and two wheels on it with a circular body. What strange monsters. Link thought, but this must be what the freak warned me about. Link drew the Great Fairies Sword and took out his Mirror Shield. Let's do this. Just then one of the guards cut of one of the wheeled Shadows arms! The arm flopped to the ground and melted into a black puddle. Huh? Link stopped in mid-charge That seemed too easy. Then the arm grew back. Oh, they can regenerate. Link then noticed something bad. A fourth Shadow was forming from the puddle! Crap! Not only do they regenerate but any parts cut off make a new one! Link summoned up the magic for a Light Sword. "Alright, I guess I'll have to take them out fast." Link rushed to battle.

The forth ShadowBeast looked like a giant bladed top, constantly spinning, its eyes somehow staying in place. It spun toward its target. Its siblings noticed the target as well. He had summoned the Light Sword magic, but it didn't matter. They were to fight the target, just like Father had told them too, and if they died they would return to Father and live again.

Link noticed that the moment he got within view, all four Shadows stopped fighting he guards and focused on him moving toward him in their own way. The wheeled on got there first, swinging one of its arms at Link. He ducked and cut through its arm, the Light Sword vaporizing it. Link then stabbed it. "Die! You stupid creature!" The Shadow burst into white flames; it was gone in an instant. The human-shaped one reached Link next. Swinging one of its clawed arms him like a punch. Link blocked it with his shield, and then he swung his sword at the Shadow, ready to kill another one. Only to find his blow deflected by its claws. Link noticed that its claws were a lighter color then the rest of It. "Ah, so you have some defenses after all." The Shadow circled around Link, just staying out of reach. The Insect and top moved foreword. The Clawed Shadow stuck! extending its arms to attack Link. Link jumped into the air, dodging the strike, he put away his shield, and pulled the Megaton Hammer out of his bag. He landed and swung the hammer, slamming it into the ground. The shockwave went through the earth the insect wobbled somewhat, the human-like one stumbled, but the top fell on its side. "Hah!" Link shouted and threw his sword, still charged with Light Magic, Into the Top-Like Shadow. It died the same way the wheeled one had. Link then drew the Gilded Sword. Holding the Hammer and the blade in front of him, he fake-yawned. "Is that all you've got?" The Shadows seemed to be angered by this and rushed foreword. The Insect Shadow swiped at Link with its tail. Link blocked it with the hammer. The Human-Like Shadow extended its arms but Link spun his sword to deflect the blows. The insect spun around, knocking the hammer out of his hand. Not good. The human-like one then reached out towards him, Link raised his sword to block. And the Shadow grabbed his sword! Pulling it out of his hand! AH CRAP!! The two Shadows began to wobble a little bit, like they were laughing. They charged, ready to finish of the Hero of Time. The human-like one swiped at Link, he sidestepped the blow. The insect leapt at Link, Link jumped over it, only to be hit by the flat end of its tail, Link flew into the castle wall. Gotta get my weapons back! Link pulled himself up and began running towards the Great Fairies Sword. The human-like shadow extended his arms, ready to attack him.

"Nayrus Love!"

Link summoned the protective spell, the claws bounced off the blue diamond. Alright! Time to win! He continued to rush towards his blade. But he was stopped by a massive blast of black energy. What the? The insect was shooting black balls of shadow at him. Link could feel the strain from keeping uo the spell against such a powerful attack. Ah man this sucks. Should use my trump card now? The magic shield shattered. Yup. He began to focus his energy, channeling it into his hands. Please let it work Link had only done this once before, but the situation had been about as desperate. "Lets see you freaks handle this!" He slammed his hands into the ground.

"DINS VENGFUL FLAMES!"

A huge pillar of fire shot out of the earth, surrounding Link. The Shadows seemed afraid of the all-consuming flames the fire flew out, engulfing them. They were vaporized in a second. The pillar faded away, leaving only an exhausted Link. Man, those Wrath of the Gods spells really take it out of you then he passed out.

In the world Hyrule resides in magic is quite common. Every race has magical properties. And almost everybody can use some magic. Mages are those who study magic, invent new spells and archive those that already exist. The ultimate magic is the power of the Triforce. But the Triforce is generally inaccessible to the average mage. The most powerful of magic users are those who can harness the raw power of the goddesses, the residual energies that are left over that didn't go into the creation of the world, this is the next best thing to the Triforce. This magic is known as three spells: Dins Fire, Farores Wind and Nayrus Love. These are known as the Spells of the Gods When the Spells of the Gods are used, anyone with any magical training could sense it from a mile away. They are that powerful.

Impa of the Sheikah was pondering these spells. Someone used Farores Wind today. But that boy, Link. What had he used? The spell had made the Spells of the Gods look like parlor tricks. He was asleep on Princess Zelda's bed. Such power in one so young, I once would not have worried about this, for he was a kind, noble boy. But now... Impa didn't know what to do.

"Impa?"

Without turning around she responded "Yes Zelda?"

"Is Link alright."

"He is fine."

"Thank the Goddesses." Impa watched as Zelda placed a hand on Links cheek. "I'm glad he's ok..."

Zelda.... Impa thought sadly can't you see that he can or will not love you? You must realize that. Why do you peruse him? Allow him free reign of the castle; spend every waking moment you can with him every time he visits. Even trust him with the Ocarina of Time! He can or will not love you, which I can see. She sighed. Some lessons you had to learn on your own.

Saria woke up to find herself in a bed.

"Thanks goodness your awake!" A voice said.

"Huh?" Saria saw the woman who had spoke to her. "where am I?

"Oh! You're in the infirmary."

Saria didn't know what an infirmary was, but decided not to comment. "Um, how did I get here?"

"Oh! Some people found you in the field, passed out. They brought you here. What happened to you, you poor dear?"

"I...can't remember..." What happened? The last thing she remembered was saying goodbye to Malon. Where was she? "Where is this place?"

"You are in Hyrule Castle Town. Is that where you wanted to be?"

Hyrule...castle? "Yes! I needed to come here! Thank you!"

The woman smiled. "By the way, a horse was found standing gaurd over you, is it yours?"

"Epona! Where is she?"

"At the public stables, you don't need to worry."

Saria let out a sigh of relef. "I hope I haven't been a bother."

"Nonsense child, you needed it."

Saria got out of the bed. She felt fine. "Thank you. Can I go now?"

"I don't see why not."

Saria went out to see the Market for the first time.

A splitting headache greeted Link when he woke up. Why me?

"Link your awake!" he heard Zelda exclaim.

"Did you stay by my side? How sweet." Link commented sarcastically "Now get me a headache cure and some Green Potion!"

Zelda rolled her eyes "Do I look like a servant?"

"You're the only other living thing in the room. That's close enough!"

Zelda giggled At least his sense of humor is still intact, darker, but still intact. "Oh fine I'll get you some Blue Potion, I hear it's a great headache cure, plus you won't need to worry about green potion!"

"Fine just bring it!"

"Alright, I'll go off to the market to get some." She stood up and left.

The Market.

There was nothing Sheik liked better.

He had never understood why Link hated it so. The hustle, the bustle the sounds of life, and of course, the cheap goods. "Lets see, I need to buy some Blue Potion. To the potion shop!' Sheik went to make his purchace.

Sair had never neen so many people in her life! Everywhere there were people! People talking, running around, buying things, selling things. It was noisy, Saira had never heard such a load thing in her life, sure a Wolfos howl was loulder, but that was a breif burst of sound. This was constant. And crowded. The thickest part of the Lost Woods wasn't as crowded as this. If Link is here I'll never find him! Saria began trying to move through the mass of "adults" (What big outsiders are called) She didn't even notice the person her size untill she rammed into him.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't see you, it's just so crowded and it's my first time here and.."

Saria was inturppted by the boys outburst.

"Saria!?"

Sheik was shocked. What was Saria, the Forest Sage, doing here? And not in the Forest where she belongs? He realized that he had bluted out her name..How was he going to cover that?

"How do you know my name?" She asked, looking at him

"Um..I reconized you! Yeah! You see I'm a friend of Link and-" Sheiks lie was intturped by Saria.

"You know Link? Do you know where he is? I've been looking for him!" Saria was speaking very quickly.

Sheik was confused. "You want to see Link? I guess I could take you-" Saria again inturrpted him.

'Really! Thank you! I've been looking all over for him. I need to talk to him." By the time she finished talking her voice had taken on a sad tone.

Sheik gazed at the Kokiri. "I guess I could take you to him. Folow me." Saria followed the fake Sheikah.

Link was still in bed. He was thinking about something that had happened yesterday. He had heard an Ocarina play Saria's Song and Epona's Song. But how? Both songs were not common knowlage, only Malon and Link knew Epona's Song. (Link didn't count Romani under this list, seeing as she was from another dimencion and all.) Saria's Song was a bit more common, being, in fact, the Sacred Song of the Forest. But only the Forest Sage and those she gave permission to could play it. It was impossable to learn otherwise. So only, Saria, a few Kokiri, and him knew it. So who played them? Why are you giving yourself a headache over this? Oh yeah, because it's a mystery, and misteries tend to make your life a bit more hellish. Links thoughts were intturpted by a familer voice.

"Link!"

Link turned, and stared.

It was Saria.

Link had never been so shocked in his life, Saria, was here. And she looked...happy to see him. She was running now, calling his name, toward him. When she reached him, she wrapped him in a big, bone-crunching hug. Urk!

"Link! I found you I found you I can't believe it I found you! After you left I followed you and got lost and met Malon and Epona and found the castle and met Sheik and oh, I'm so glad I found you!" she said this all very fast.

Um...what?"

"I was looking for you!"

She was looking...for me? the look on Sarias face after the fight at the village appeared fresh in his mind. "Saria...why would you look for me?"

"Because Link...I-"

Sheik inturppted them. "Saria, could you explain how you are here?"

Saria got a sheepish look on her face. "Can I talk later? I want to spend some time with Link first..."

Sheik sighed "Alright.."

Link smiled at Saria. "I don't know how you're here, but thanks."

Saria blushed. "Your welcome, Link." Suddenly Saria did something that gave Link the second biggest surprise of his life.

She kissed him.

It was around this time that his brain turned off.

"Wasn't that beautiful!" Shadow commented. Making false sobbing noises.

"Is this all part of your plan?" Kalo asked

"In fact, yes, the Forest Sage did a wonderful job fighting off the ShadowBeast and now she and Link are together at last. Phase two can begin."

"Your sick, you know that?"

"Thank you."
Another chapter.

Man, the fanfiction section is the slowest section on Gaia...

Tales of a Lost Kokiri

Chapter 5

Time on the Town

(AKA: Pointless Link/Saria fluff)

Sheik could not believe what he was seeing. Saria was kissing Link! What is she doing? Sheik knew what he was feeling. And he didn't care; he forgot about that he was Sheik right now, all he remembered was Link getting kissed. "What do you think you are doing?" he shouted.

Saria pulled her lips away from Link. "Um...." She seemed nervous. "Well, I..." she trailed off.

Link was completely unresponsive. His eyes were glazed over and he seemed to be in a coma. Great... Sheik glared at Saria. Almost wishing his glare would burn her.

Link was in a state of euphoria. Saria had kissed him. The fact that Kokiri didn't know about kissing didn't matter. He felt her lips on his, and he loved it. Saria pulled away after Sheik...or is it Zelda? Whatever after Sheik/Zelda said something, she pulled away. Her face was looking at Zeleik. No fair! She's his! Shelda better stop taking her attention away from him...Hey, Blue Potion! Sheikda brought him some! He quickly drank it. The awful taste cleared his mind quite quickly.

Saria was embarrassed. She had forgotten all about Sheik! He was glaring at her, he seemed really angry. Why? "Um, Sheik-
"Why are you kissing him!?"

Kissing? Is that what's it's called? "I...wanted to." Saria heard Link mumble something like "she's mine...?

Sheik didn't seem to take that well. "Wanted to! You just wanted too!" He took a bottle of blue liquid from a pouch, and threw it at Link. "Why did you want to?!" He seemed really angry at this point. Why is he so mad' she pondered He seems almost...jealous. Jealous? It made some sense, but, Saria was pretty sure that Sheik wouldn't be jealous of her over Link, would he? "Sheik, why are you-"

"Ugg! This stuff is nasty!" Link had rejoined the world of the living. And Sheik was instantly in his face.

Link had to admit. An angry Sheikah was one of the most frightening things one could ever see. An angry woman was also one of the most frightening things one could ever see.

Sheik was both.

Link suddenly felt very afraid for his life. "Um...Zelda?" he asked, using her real name. "Could you...go change?" He hoped that Sheik would leave.

He did. "Fine" he spat "but I'll be back soon. He stormed out of the room.

Link let out a sigh of relief. Why was Zelda so angry? It suddenly hit him like an Iron Knuckle.

She was in love with him.

He had been so busy wallowing in self-pity that he had missed all the signs! How could he be so stupid! 'Now what am I going to do.. .? Link didn't want to have to deal with Zelda, so he did what he did when there was a problem and he couldn't deal with it right now. "Saria, can you grab my equipment?" pointing to his things lying in a corner.

Saria nodded, walking over to the corner, picking up the things, and coming back. "Here you go" she said quietly.

Link took her hand. "Thank you."

"Farores Wind!"

A flash of green light, and Link and Saria were gone.

Zelda felt the magic spell. She quickly ran to her room.

Link was gone.

"No..." she whispered "he left me...he ran away..." Zelda slumped to the floor, and started crying. "He hates me he hates me...." she sobbed. She then felt someone?s arms wrap around her.

It was Impa. "There there, Zelda. It is alright." She tried to soothe the princess.

"It is not alright! He hates me!" Zelda shouted.

Impa narrowed her eyes. "Zelda, you are being irrational, Link does not hate you. He still desires to be your friend."

"Then why did he run!" Zelda knew she was being irrational, but she didn't care at the moment.

"Do you love him?"

Zelda was taken aback "what?"

"Answer my question, Zelda." Impa had become stern.

"I...I...I YES!" She shouted, then breaking down into more sobbing.

Impa sighed. "Zelda, just because Link does not return your feelings does not mean the he hates you. Besides, you are only twelve, much too young for matters of love."

Zelda sighed Impa, I'm older then I look. Seven years older to be exact. But Impa was right, Link didn't hate her. But she was going to have a few words with him when he got back. Feel my wrath, bwahahahah. A faint smile appeared on her face. "Thank you Impa, I feel so much better now.

Impa smiled. That?s good, how about we go practice?"

That would take her mind off Link! "Sure!"

Link had warped them to a small back ally. 'Saria..." Link was staring at her, he knew that. He didn't care.

She was beautiful. Her emerald hair framed her soft face, her sky-blue eyes shined with happiness. Towards him. He wanted to kiss her again.

"Link," She said, her voice sounding like a forest bird?s song. "I have something to tell you." She took a deep breath.

What was she going to say? Would it be good, bad? Would she cruelly reject him after all this?

"Link..." she began, she looked up at him, into his eyes. "I love you."

She loves me...she loves me... "You love me!" Link jumped into the air. Hugging her tightly. Link had never been so happy in his life! He stared into her eyes. "Saria, I love you too." All worries flew out of his mind, the fact that he was a Hylian, and she was a Kokiri. It didn't matter, He loved her, and she loved him. He gave her another kiss.

Saria was ecstatic. Link loved her! He pressed his lips against hers, "kissing" her. It was all worth it. Everything she had done, it was worth it. She pulled back. "Link, don't ever leave me."

Link looked at her, "Saria-"

"Promise me." She gave him The Look, the look all girls know how to give boys in order get what they want.

Link faltered. "OK Saria, I promise I'll never leave you." he held her close. This isn't so bad. She seemed so small, so fragile, in his arms. "I promise I'll never let you get hurt...? he whispered, so quietly that only a Hylian could hear it.

Kalo looked on, horrified at what he was seeing. "Saria! Can't you see! You are only setting yourself up to be hurt!"

Shadow chuckled "You know, fairy, they can't see or hear us. We aren't on the same plane of existence as them."

Kalo glared at Shadow. "You think setting them up for heartbreak is funny!"

Shadow laughed "My dear fairy! They won't live long enough to suffer heart break!"

Malon was thinking about her new friend. I wonder if she found Link yet. Link was the first real friend she had made. They met in the Market. His strange clothing, his confused face, and that cute fairy drew her to him. They became fast friends. Malon had never felt any romantic attachment towards Link, though her dad often teased her about him. Once even asking Link if he wanted to marry her! Links reaction to that had been amusing, or so Talon said. But when Saria had turned up, she knew this was the friend Link had talked about non-stop. Saria was everything Link had said she was. Malon had taken an instant liking to her. So she had trusted her with Epona, and her song.

"Malon! Are the cows fed!" Ingo, the head ranch hand, shouted. Link didn't like Ingo, for some reason, and the two of them had gotten into some shouting matches, Link showing off his rather, impressive vocabulary of curse words. Some of which Malon had never even heard before, and she lived on a ranch! "Yes, Mr. Ingo."

Malon heard something familiar, an Ocarina! 'Link? Or maybe Saria?' Malon followed the sound. She found neither Link nor Saria. It was a young man, cloaked, playing a red ocarina. Malon listened to this song. It sounded sad, seeming to echo through her soul. It ended softly, seeming to fade away like a gasping breath. The man looked up; she could see only his eyes.

They were red. "Did you like my song?" he asked.

Malon was put back by his eyes. But she responded anyway. "Yes, it is very beautiful."

He smiled. "Thank you, it is called the Nocturne of Shadow". It is a sacred song of the Sheikah."

"Wow, a Sheikah song? Are you a Sheikah?" Malon felt attracted to the mysterious man

"Well, I am called Shadow." he said. Giving her a smile, which she could see even though the rest of his face was concealed. "And I have a gift for you, Malon."

Malon was surprised. "Why would you be giving me a gift?"

Shadow smiled gently "I have been watching you for a while Malon, only now have I managed to speak you."

Malon blushed A secret admirer?! "Well...what is the gift?"

Shadow chuckled and held up a small bag. "Actually it's more like gifts. A Fire Rod and an Ice Rod. It will take some training to use them, but I think you can handle It." he handed the bag to her. "One thing, Link will be looking for the Sages soon, go with him." Then, he vanished.

Malon gasped in shock. She had heard that Sheikah were capable of vanishing in thin air, but she never thought it was true! Malon opened the bag; it was a lot larger on the inside then on the outside. Inside were two scepters. One red and one blue. They look just like the ones in moms? book...no...don't think about that. Malon closed the bag and went into her house.

"OK...what was that for?" Kalo asked. Looking at Shadow "What part of your grand scheme involves giving a farm girl forbidden magical weapons?"

Shadow shrugged "I just felt like it would make things more interesting to have her around."

Kalo stared "You mean that had no reason whatsoever?!"

Shadow gave him a fierce grin, ?now who said that?"

Saria was in heaven. She had followed Link all over town, now that it was nearly sunset it was a lot less crowded. Link had shown her the shops, well most of them

"Hey Link, can we see that place?" Saria asked. Pointing toward a store called The Happy Mask Shop.

"No." Link said bluntly.

"Why not?" Saria asked.

"Because I hate that store." He said, and left it at that.

Link had shown her some interesting places around town.

"ARRRGGG!!!!" The owner of the Treasure Chest Game shouted. "How do you always win?!"

Link smiled. "I guess I'm just too lucky sir." he said as he rubbed the odd looking magnifying glass with his shirt.

Of course, a priceless memory had been made as well.

Saria was looking at Link with concern as he grabbed he bag of explosive toys for Bombchu bowling. "Link, are you sure this is safe?" Saria," Link commented in a soft tone "relax, these bombchus aren't even real, they just make a big flash with lots of noise. They give out real ones as prizes. Watch I'll prove it." He wound one up, but didn't let go "I'm a whiz at this game so I can afford to sacrifice one." He had this cocky grin on his face. The bombchus eyes were now flashing red. A sign that it was about to go off.

Just then the desk lady interfered. "Wait! You grabbed some prizes by mistake! Drop it now!"

Link did a double take. "What-"

KAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

"Link! Are you alright?" Saria asked, concerned.

"Owie..." Link said, his whole body covered in soot.

Saria fell over laughing.

Now the sun was setting, and Link and Saria were now sitting on the outer wall of the town.

"It's beautiful..." Saria said in awe.

"Yeah it is" Link responded "When ever I need time to think, I just come here and watch the sunset."

"It's very calming..." She had never seen the sunset like this before. What a difference a lack of trees can make! "Link?"

Link turned to look at her, "Yes Saria?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Then he kissed her again. Saria closed her eyes, remembering the dream; there was a warm feeling there, but not the fire that existed in the dream. But the warm feeling was nice enough.

Saria smiled, life was good, Link was with her, and she will never be alone again.

She completely forgot about the Forest Water.

"HIYAAAA!" Another training dummy was chopped in half by a large Sheikah war knife.

Zelda was training, Impa was officially her bodyguard, in reality she was more like a mother figure, since Zelda?s own mother had died when she was young. So Impa was given a lot of leeway on how she treated Zelda and she had her own ideas on how to protect the princess.

Teaching her the Sheikah Martial Arts was one of them.

As such, every day since she was five she spent an hour every day training. It kept her in great shape. And it had come in handy during those seven lost years. After Gannondorf took the Triforce of Power, Impa fled with Zelda. She needed a disguise because Ganon knew Zelda possessed a piece of the Triforce. It was Zelda who thought of Sheik. Receiving a transfusion of Impas blood using a magical ceremony most often used for adoption. Zelda gained Sheikah blood, and then using the Triforce of Wisdom she strengthened it to the point to where she was for all intents and purposes, a Sheikah. Then to even further the disguise, she used the Triforce of Wisdom to make her appear and sound like a boy. For Wisdom can be used to confound and deceive. Not even a Kokiri could tell she was lying. She furthered her training in the Martial Arts until she was a master. When she sent herself and Link back in time, she discovered she still had the Sheikah blood in her, plus the knowledge she had gained. As such, it appeared to most other people that she had gotten a lot better really fast.

"YAHHH!" Another training dummy bites the dust.

Impa tsked "Zelda that is the fifth one today. Those things aren't easy to replace, you know."

Zelda smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry Impa; I'm just a little frustrated right now."

Impa smiled "I understand Zelda; you do plan on forgiving him, right?"

Zelda nodded. "Besides, if I try to pick a fight with him he'll kick my butt. I'll just scream at him a lot, and make him beg for forgiveness."

Impa shook her head "I'd rather not have you make him beg, but I can see I can't stop you. Just leave the boy in one piece, alright?"

Zelda smiled and nodded, but on the inside she frowned. Link, I love you...but...maybe I'll be for you when you get older... her only hope was that Link would get over Saria once he got older and she stayed the same. "I feel awful" she whispered, too soft for Impa to hear.

They were checking into an "inn" as Link called them. It was a place where people could stay when they were away from home. The room had two comfortable beds in it.

"So Saria, what do you think of Hyrule?" Link was lying on his bed, gazing lazily at her.

"It's different" she said "Everything is so big."

Link smiled "Yeah, it is weird, I like the forest better."

The forest...My Banishment! Saria had forgotten all about that! "Link! There is something I need to tell you." She said, her voice taking on an edge of panic.

"Three Minutes, Forest Sage."

Saria turned and saw...Shadow? "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Link stood up. Distrust on his face. "Who are you, and why are you in my room?" He snapped.

"You may call me Shadow, Link but, my business is not with you today. It is with the Forest Sage."

Link seemed surprised "Forest Sage? How do you know about that!?" He snapped.

"Link, Link, Link" Shadow said, shaking his head. "I am the reason the Forest Sage was able to find you." Shadow faded and repapered in front of Saria. "Now, Forest Sage, I believe you have something of mine." Shadows hand glowed. Suddenly her bottles of Forest Water flew out of her bag and into her hands!

"Shadow! What are you doing?" She shrieked. She had forgotten about them! "I need those!"

"You want them?" Shadow asked mockingly. He dropped them on the ground; they shattered, spilling the water everywhere. "Oops, sorry. You have one minute, Forest Sage, one minute before you die." He vanished, laughing.

Link realized what he had done. "YOU b*****d! COME BACK HERE I'LL KILL YOU!!!" he screamed in a rage. "No! Saria! Please! He must be lying!."

Saria knew he wasn't. She could feel it. She could feel herself fading away..."Link..." she coughed

"SARIA!" Link pulled her into his arms. "Saria! Please, you'll be OK!"

"Link." Everything was fading, was this death? She felt herself get weaker..."I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner...I...love..."

And everything went black.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces