Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Vyolence's Partner

Anxious Conversationalist

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
I've done a thousand one-shots. But I was thinking about doing a serious fanfiction telling the tale of a girl's journey through hogwarts, and how she bloossoms a relationship with Severus Snape. (no ped, obviously).

What do you think?

Tipsy Lunatic

Unless there is some actual plot in there, it sounds boring. OC interacting with favorite character in an established universe...
Really it sounds like it would be more interesting to read and more dynamic if it were done in a series of one shots. Just little snippets of the stuff she does with maybe 3-5 chapter mini story-arcs in between.

Think of it like this, there's a lot in there that you really don't have to tell us.
Like about Hogwarts and the already established paradigms.
So you don't REALLY have to write a full story there.

Lady Vyolence's Partner

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
The Drunken Jester
Unless there is some actual plot in there, it sounds boring. OC interacting with favorite character in an established universe...
Really it sounds like it would be more interesting to read and more dynamic if it were done in a series of one shots. Just little snippets of the stuff she does with maybe 3-5 chapter mini story-arcs in between.

Think of it like this, there's a lot in there that you really don't have to tell us.

Aren't all fanfictions written in an established universe?
And of course the story would have plot! I really don't understand how you can say it sounds boring if you haven't even heard what it's about!

Tipsy Lunatic

ChaseTheBreeze
The Drunken Jester

And of course the story would have plot! I really don't understand how you can say it sounds boring if you haven't even heard what it's about!

The Jester says...

Yes.... but some universes are more established than others.
The setting for which something like this would take place is rather specifically outlined already. Was just what I was trying to get at.

And how was I supposed to know that there was any plot? All you mentioned was a relationship - which some people think is a qualifier for plot, but it really isn't.

I said it was boring based on what very little information you gave and I then I proceeded to give you suggestions on the format I thought you should write it in based on that very small bit of information.
You DID ask for opinions.

Personally, I don't really understand how you can ask for opinions when you haven't even said what it's about.

...you are highly entertained

Lady Vyolence's Partner

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
The Drunken Jester
ChaseTheBreeze
The Drunken Jester

The Jester says...

Yes.... but some universes are more established than others.
The setting for which something like this would take place is rather specifically outlined already. Was just what I was trying to get at.

And how was I supposed to know that there was any plot? All you mentioned was a relationship - which some people think is a qualifier for plot, but it really isn't.

I said it was boring based on what very little information you gave and I then I proceeded to give you suggestions on the format I thought you should write it in based on that very small bit of information.
You DID ask for opinions.

Personally, I don't really understand how you can ask for opinions when you haven't even said what it's about.

...you are highly entertained

I did more than say it was about a relationship. I specifically said it was also about a young girls journey through Hogwarts.

I want opinions, but not from someone who is giving uneducated ones, such as yourself. I haven't given much thought into the plot, though I do have a rough idea. I was more so hoping for people to tell me weather or not it would be something they would be interested in reading.

Fanfiction.net has a TON of SS fanfics. But barely any of them are worth reading. All my stories have gotten excellant reviews, but I haven't written an actual story (other than a one shot or a lemon) in ages.

Lady Vyolence's Partner

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
I was thinking after the books. Tweeking it so where Severus lives of course, but what the world would be like after. Different threats, different teachers, different mind set.

Tipsy Lunatic

ChaseTheBreeze

I did more than say it was about a relationship. I specifically said it was also about a young girls journey through Hogwarts.

I want opinions, but not from someone who is giving uneducated ones, such as yourself. I haven't given much thought into the plot, though I do have a rough idea. I was more so hoping for people to tell me weather or not it would be something they would be interested in reading.

Fanfiction.net has a TON of SS fanfics. But barely any of them are worth reading. All my stories have gotten excellant reviews, but I haven't written an actual story (other than a one shot or a lemon) in ages.

I will try this again.
An Original Character student going through Hogwarts is not a plot that anyone cares much to read except for the person who made up the original character.
We don't need every scene written out in detail because we KNOW what a student's life at Hogwarts is like more or less. That was established in canon.
So, rather that writing out every little scene about her first year, a series of oneshot fanfics that are all tied together would make more sense.
The basics of how this story is going to go is already there and just doesn't need to be written again.

Does that make more sense?

Lady Vyolence's Partner

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
The Drunken Jester
ChaseTheBreeze

I will try this again.
An Original Character student going through Hogwarts is not a plot that anyone cares much to read except for the person who made up the original character.
We don't need every scene written out in detail because we KNOW what a student's life at Hogwarts is like more or less. That was established in canon.
So, rather that writing out every little scene about her first year, a series of oneshot fanfics that are all tied together would make more sense.
The basics of how this story is going to go is already there and just doesn't need to be written again.

Does that make more sense?

I get what your saying! I have from the start. But I think your wrong. My writing isn't terribly detailed.

However I do agree with you in the way that there needs to be a bigger plot than just the OC's journey through hogwarts. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

A series of one-shots might be good. I just wouldn't know how to do that without making it an actual chapter-by-chapter story. I've done it once before with Ice Age. But their world is a lot smaller than Harry Potter's.

It's something to give thought to, I thank you for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff