Just a little piece I wrote for a friend of mine at a drabble request. It's cute, nothing real deep. Though now I have that bloody song stuck in my head... Grr.

The radio clicked on in the flashy little apartment, and the plants blew out a sigh of relief. Something else to occupy His time, apparently, and that boded just fine for their green little hides on this fine day. Maybe, for once, they could play their natural order of background, rather than entertainment for the souls of the sadistic. One could hope, right? Right?

White noise filtered on through. After a bit of fiddling with the dial and perusing through stations, Aziraphale stopped with a sudden amount of rapid blinking. From the kitchen, the sound of a demon singing began to waft by, forcing the plants to relax even farther. Apparently, today was their lucky day.

"Don't tell me you--"

Crowley's head poked through the doorway. He wrinkled his brow, then smoothed it, which dropped his sunglasses farther down the bridge of his nose. He had a million of those types of tricks, brought on by lots of downtime. Lots and lots and lots and lots of downtime (and perhaps a bit of two much "fun" in the golden age of the 70's).

"Inspired that song?"

Behind them, the soft crooning continued on, weaving through the comfortable and ageless air. I wear my sunglasses at night / So I can, So I can / Watch you weave then breathe your story lines...

"Don't look so surprised. I can't help it if I'm a muse to so many." Smirking, Crowley's shoulders bounced up in a shrug as he ducked back into the kitchen and went back to fighting with the cork of a wine bottle. Excellent year, too. Only the best for the holy/unholy alliances.