Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea/plot?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 14, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

I'm a beginning anime drawer ( more/less av. talent), and I consider myself a decent wrioter...

So anyway, I'm writing this fic about a Summoner who abandons her duty becomes she finds out the "truth" about Sin, Zanarkand, etc. So she finds that the daughter of Braska is journeying, and sets on a quest to find Yuna, become her guardian, redeem herself, and reclaim a lost love (Auron).
I'm planning on re-writing the ending of FFX, so I'm probably gonna get a lot of critiscism for that (I know the ending, but I haven't finished the game smile ). AU Fic

So any suggestions for the story, or tips on how to draw FFX characters?

(eyes, hands, feet in particular)

The fic is currently located at fanfiction.net under the name HopefulTears.
Sorry, but your storyline so far reeks of Mary Sue. A fanfic, particularly an AU fic, doesn't need its original characters to have major connections to canon characters in order to be interesting. Why not just follow and develop your own character?
Yeah... most of my stories seem to have that problem too. I've been trying to work on it, but nothing I try will work for the partivular plot sweatdrop
Bad, bad. Mary-Sue reekage. Go ahead and write Mary-Sue's but don't post them online. That's just begging for flames. But writing Mary-Sue's down helps get them out of your system. That means you can work on actual stories.
If you don't want to write a Mary-Sue, first and foremost, do NOT have the story revolve around an original character. Bad plan. You can have original characters, but unless they have a minor part, it likely will be a Mary-Sue.
Keep everyone in character, and do NOT brush off things that happen during the game (anime or whatever you decide to write on) because it doesn't fit your story. Just go make an AU and be done with it. But Mary-Sue seems to appear even more often in those, because with new freedom, the author unknowingly turns the rest of (or part of) the canon cast into Sue's/Stu's.
Nice wrioting... <lol>
A place better than Gaia to get some tips and reviews would be here. I think you may have a better chance of getting help there.
On the story, take out how she loves Auron (perhaps make an original male character); that will improve a lot.

Also, I think re-writing the original story will definately get you some negetive feedback. See if you can't avoid it.
Since we all agree my character is Mary-Sue ish, can you tell me what makes her that way? And how to "give her more fault?"

Just as a note, this character will be very cowardly...
Reported.
Reported for WHAT? She hasn't done anything wrong!
Melikochan
Reported for WHAT? She hasn't done anything wrong!

I emailed DemonicCurse about it, and it seems that I've placed this topic in the wrong forum instead of with the Fanfic/Fanart Forum.... sorry fore wasting your time, everyone... redface
And now it's back!
Meh, it just seemed like it could be in FF as well, considering that's the topic it dealt with. More people know the story behind FFX in there than they would here.
Melikochan
Meh, it just seemed like it could be in FF as well, considering that's the topic it dealt with. More people know the story behind FFX in there than they would here.

Yeah, but it really/technically belongs here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff