Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bastet13's Husbando

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
Ayselin
Random question for all you fanfiction.net-ers. Is it worth it to post fics there? sweatdrop

All i can say is HELL yeah! it's great reciving reviews and stuff! Its what keep me going to write all this stuff ^^ Yeah its worth it Ayselin! lol

Bastet13's Husbando

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500
Miserikordi
I go by the same name on FF.net I've only got InuYasha stuff at the moment. I really have to write something else...

No you don't have too ^^ Write about what you know and what your good at! I do, i mean there's no point of me trying to write about InuYasha becasue I've never watched the show, so there'd be no point! Do what your good at! I'm not saying you shouldn't broaden your horisions, coz you should and thats good, just do enough reserch on what your doing before you start okay? sweatdrop Becuase Im taking a real risk with my Outlaw star story at the moment, You see, Ive only seen 1 and a half episodes, but from that i have Gene, fred's and Jim charecteization spot on, smile but thats only because i went on all the websites and reserched into the charecters and stuff xd Keep going on people! blaugh

Jade xx
Morning all. I also have a few fanfics posted on fanfiction.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/~tabyk) but I admittedly don't update it very often... usually I just post things to my own hosted site. I'm generally a big Ranma 1/2 crossover fan, but I haven't seen much written as of late that is very interesting (to me). sweatdrop

Bastet13's Husbando

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500
lol i dont update that much either ^^ sweatdrop
i have a fanfiction.net account... its queen_of_air ...... i write mostly inuyasha stuff..... but i have soem other random non-anime things too....

17,275 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Hiya!

I'm Sakura Scout! My author's page is here.

So far, I only have Zoids New Century Zero fics up. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting up soon.

To put it short, I suck, but people keep telling me I'm good .... So ... yeah ... But I suggest you at least take a look at my favorite stories and authors. In all honesty, most (if not all) of them are really wonderful stories/writers.
Yup, I'm on fanfic too. Name's Kinelea. I mostly write X-men and Harry Potter. Strictly marauder era Harry Potter because I love those guys! With the X-men I tend to focus on Logan and Gambit as they are my two favorite characters (especially Gambit heart biggrin ). Yeah, so if any of you are interested please come check me out. I'm also on fictionpress and the name there is Arrian Silverarrow.
Hi! Yes, I'm on Fanfiction.net too, I've only been there a little while and my pen name is Noalyn. I have only one story posted, called Cops and Robbers and of the Sly Cooper fandom. Which reminds me, has anyone ever played or heard of Sly Cooper? I know the fandom is small compared to ones like Jak and Daxter, but hopefully someone has heard of it...I was actually reading stories at FF.N for a long time before I joined...<< >> It was really worth it though, not just for the feedback on writing, but being able to post a story you have been working on for a while is fun, too. I'm new here (Can tell by the awful clothes) So I'm going shopping now. ^^

P.S. What is the most number of reviews anyone has gotten for a story? smile
I'm mostly known for my Zelda fanfiction but occasionally I'll scribble a few words on FF8. Up for a romance unlike no other? My link: http://www.fanfiction.net/~berlinsbrowneyes
I have I think 4 Prince of Tennis fics, 5 Shaman King fics, 1 Fullmetal Alchemist, and 1 Hunter X Hunter.... and all are yaoi...

www.fanfiction.net/~xxmasterexx

Yep... I'm XxMaster-ExX AKA Elli.
Not there yet but soon I hope. My name I want to stay the same Moriko00, but only if I can have it when I sign up. Soon I'm going to sign up and put a first chapter of a story up, but I don't have a title yet. PM me f you can give me a title. It's about three girls who get sucked into a RPG in the computer with YYH, Inu., and Cowboy Bebop characters.
If I have an account but don't really want to reveal it to Gaia, does it still count?

I mean, I can list it if I have to, it's just that I'd rather not.

Ayselin
Random question for all you fanfiction.net-ers. Is it worth it to post fics there? sweatdrop

That depends on your definition of "worth it". It doesn't really cost anything to post a fic up there, except maybe an hour of your time reformatting everything (FFN strips all sorts of html tags, is notoriously bad at formatting MSWord documents, and recently decided that astericks were not valid characters).

Also, the site is about as (un)reliable as Gaia, without the excuse of being alpha version.

On the upside, you can get reviews quickly and easily, assuming your story is noticed. It's easier for a reviewer to comment, rather than clicking on the "Email" link, waiting for the mail client to load up (not everyone uses Thunderbird, sadly), and writing out a thoughtful review. Hence, the love-hate relationship with the usual "OMG so good! Write more!" one-liner reviews.

And if you don't have webspace, it's a good place to host your fics.

However, there have been many, many reports of abuse of the Abuse system. From all accounts, only one person (Xing, the site maintainer) is in charge of deleting stories that violate the TOS, which means that he obviously doesn't read the reported stories. So anyone with an agenda can get you banned very easily. Trying to get justice done is very, very difficult.

For a comparison, imagine if Lanzer was the one and only mod around. Yeah, something like that.

It all depends on how lucky you are. For most people, FFN is a decent place to host their stories for free. For the really unlucky ones, it's more trouble than it's worth.
i'm on ffnet and have been for a while. About 2 years. although sadly i have nothing up. the stories i used to have were absolute crap so i deleted them. i do have some poems up on fictionpress if anyone is interested. my username on both is springwarrior.

for fanfics i write harry potter. at first i just wrote dbz. then i dabbled around in xmen before coming to hp.

i have a oneshot almost finished, a long story in the works, and a couple other oneshots still in my brain. now i just have to get off my lazy butt and work on them sweatdrop
I write on Fanfiction.net, FictionPress.com, AnimeSpiral, and NFiction.com. All of my crappy fics, however, would be found on my FanFiction account.
I post on FanFiction.net

My account is http://www.fanfiction.net/~BloodyLies

You'll find all my Harry Potter work there. But if you wish to read my InuYasha fics, I co-write with my friend. Our account is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lilnezumililinu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces