Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wild Ladykiller

Hello everyone, pleasure to drop in. I'm Elesteria and Cathenian over at FF.net. I'm going on eight years of fandom, but started fresh about a year and a half ago. I write for Resident Evil, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. More currently I'm writing in Sherlock (BBC), Avengers and Suits. So, hello darlings!

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
elesteria
Hello everyone, pleasure to drop in. I'm Elesteria and Cathenian over at FF.net. I'm going on eight years of fandom, but started fresh about a year and a half ago. I write for Resident Evil, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. More currently I'm writing in Sherlock (BBC), Avengers and Suits. So, hello darlings!

All good things in my book

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
elesteria
I write for [...] The Dark Knight Rises. !

DKR isn't out yet. neutral

Wild Ladykiller

Renkon Root
elesteria

I know, but that's the fun about fandom. You can create worlds before they're fully visualized. I was given a prompt by a very good friend and it was for TDKR, so I wrote her a story for it. There's been stories out for TDKR's since the cast list was released.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
elesteria
Renkon Root
elesteria

I know, but that's the fun about fandom. You can create worlds before they're fully visualized. I was given a prompt by a very good friend and it was for TDKR, so I wrote her a story for it. There's been stories out for TDKR's since the cast list was released.

Hm, interesting...

I now have a desire to go and write a fic for the new Man of Steel movie coming out next year...

Wild Ladykiller

Renkon Root
elesteria
Renkon Root
elesteria

Hm, interesting...

I now have a desire to go and write a fic for the new Man of Steel movie coming out next year...

You should do it! There's nothing wrong with jumping on a fandom band wagon early and who knows, you might strick an match to that fandom. You're always in safe hands writing for a fandom with comic book origins.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
elesteria
You're always in safe hands writing for a fandom with comic book origins.

Oh, I beg to differ on that.

When it comes to comic fandoms as big as DC, I think you have to be more careful than you would something smaller like Avatar (both Air Bender and Korra). There are so many DC universes, if you say you're writing a fic for one, yet the story more closely resembles another you can get torn a new one by angry rabid reviewers.

Take the current Young Justice show on Cartoon Network for example. When the pilot episode first aired, half the fandom was comprised of kids whom had grown-up in the DCAU shows. That was what they were familiar with and what they accepted as WOG. But Young Justice takes place in Earth-16, not DCAU. Then you've also got the older comic purist whom are familiar with the YJ comic series taking place on New Earth. So, you had half the fandom writing Earth-16 fics that more closely resembled DCAU and the other half writing fics that more closely resembled New Earth.

The end result was two armies shouting "NO YOU'RE WRONG!" At one another until their keyboards exploded.

Comic book canons are serious business. Wars have been started over them.

Dapper Poster

RiverSong1984
I like writing crossover romances with strange hetero aprings, but I keep the actual characters in character as much as possible, and my OC's are modeled off actual people I know or Jungian archtypes, without the stereotypes. I write for the fans who like weirdness, and I love getting feedback on how I can improve, but in my tintin/torchwood crossover, I have no reviews for anything after chapter 12. Which is too bad because I sure as hell enjoyed writing it for others to read.
ooh okay, that's interesting. i've always wondered about people that base characters off of people they know irl. do you just put that person in a scenario and try to accurately imagine how they would respond/react?

probably just because it's very obscure. you'll get reviews eventually; patience is virtue!

Dapper Poster

Kitsune No Tsubasa
They decided to exact their revenge on the English language by butchering it. Either that or they think tht txt tlk is algd 4 ritin stories.

Yeah, I don't try for variety exactly, but what I write is usually different from what I already have written, because writing the same sort of thing a lot would bore me.

I doubt that I'd open an actual betaing profile, but betaing is pretty cool. And good betas are always in demand.
lol i feel so sorry for them.
and that's probably very arrogant of me to do so.
oh well.

hah lately i've been trying out some different styles just to change it up a bit, and it's been entertaining.

i like to believe i'd be a good beta, mine aren't exactly riddled with grammatical errors. but i probably wouldn't be able to help them with a good plot (i mean after all, the majority of mine are oneshots!)

ooh thank you for the review! (do you see why lemon would be strange in my usual style now?) thank you for the lovely compliment, heh.

ah, i knew someone would comment on the change of tense eventually! that was actually done on purpose. ryou is so confused and disoriented; his concept of time is skewed and his encounters with bakura (his dark self) change it even more. time is completely insignificant, sometimes it's painfully slow and at others it passes by in a blink of an eye.

i was thinking to just change it to eliminate possible confusion, but i liked the wrongness of it, y'know?

(aw thank you for saying my name was awesome, that made me smile.)
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa
They decided to exact their revenge on the English language by butchering it. Either that or they think tht txt tlk is algd 4 ritin stories.

Yeah, I don't try for variety exactly, but what I write is usually different from what I already have written, because writing the same sort of thing a lot would bore me.

I doubt that I'd open an actual betaing profile, but betaing is pretty cool. And good betas are always in demand.
oh well.

hah lately i've been trying out some different styles just to change it up a bit, and it's been entertaining.

i like to believe i'd be a good beta, mine aren't exactly riddled with grammatical errors. but i probably wouldn't be able to help them with a good plot (i mean after all, the majority of mine are oneshots!)

ooh thank you for the review! (do you see why lemon would be strange in my usual style now?) thank you for the lovely compliment, heh.

ah, i knew someone would comment on the change of tense eventually! that was actually done on purpose. ryou is so confused and disoriented; his concept of time is skewed and his encounters with bakura (his dark self) change it even more. time is completely insignificant, sometimes it's painfully slow and at others it passes by in a blink of an eye.

i was thinking to just change it to eliminate possible confusion, but i liked the wrongness of it, y'know?

I just tend to notice that stuff. Some stuff I overlook but tense switches are rarely one of them. I would say to change it, but...

I can't really say anything on Ryou/Bakura, since I'm not in that fandom and don't know canon at all.

Nope. A lemon would be pretty cool to read in your style--perhaps not a normal lemon, but then normal is overdone.

Most betas don't help with plot. It's usually assumed that you should already have one. I don't help with plot, and don't really care to, since I'll only beta if I already like the plot or writing. Preferably both.

Oh, and oneshots can have plot, like short stories can have plot. It may not be such an elaborate plot as longer stories, but there definately should be some element of plot in any fic, oneshot or not.

Dapper Poster

Kitsune No Tsubasa
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa

oh well.

I just tend to notice that stuff. Some stuff I overlook but tense switches are rarely one of them. I would say to change it, but...

I can't really say anything on Ryou/Bakura, since I'm not in that fandom and don't know canon at all.

Nope. A lemon would be pretty cool to read in your style--perhaps not a normal lemon, but then normal is overdone.

Most betas don't help with plot. It's usually assumed that you should already have one. I don't help with plot, and don't really care to, since I'll only beta if I already like the plot or writing. Preferably both.

Oh, and oneshots can have plot, like short stories can have plot. It may not be such an elaborate plot as longer stories, but there definately should be some element of plot in any fic, oneshot or not.
ah if someone else mentions it i'll change it.

hah it's a very deranged and sick sort of relationship once you get past the fluff that everyone loves. bakura is a separate soul that exists within ryou's body purely for the sake of his selfish reason. he possesses ryou's body just to get certain items for his own gain, and he even stabbed himself (which isn't his own body) just for the possibility of gaining an item.

eh, if i ever did a lemon it would be weird.
i thank you for the reassuring comment, but i'm not planning on making one at the moment.

yeah but i thought that beta's helped in case of huge plotholes and such.

yeah, i suppose. i don't want to read fics about nothing.
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa

oh well.

ah if someone else mentions it i'll change it.

hah it's a very deranged and sick sort of relationship once you get past the fluff that everyone loves. bakura is a separate soul that exists within ryou's body purely for the sake of his selfish reason. he possesses ryou's body just to get certain items for his own gain, and he even stabbed himself (which isn't his own body) just for the possibility of gaining an item.

eh, if i ever did a lemon it would be weird.
i thank you for the reassuring comment, but i'm not planning on making one at the moment.

yeah but i thought that beta's helped in case of huge plotholes and such.

yeah, i suppose. i don't want to read fics about nothing.

Didn't seem fluffy to me at all, actually. But thanks for the backstory ;P

No problem. Lemons aren't for everyone, and actually, they seem not to be for a lot of people (though I wish that the people that they aren't for would stop writing them)

Betas can help fix gaping plotholes, I just haven't experienced that. Most betas (on FF) are pretty inexperienced anyway so I don't actually know if they would be able to help with that. Mostly, they're there for spelling and grammar. I think.

Dapper Poster

Kitsune No Tsubasa

No problem. Lemons aren't for everyone, and actually, they seem not to be for a lot of people (though I wish that the people that they aren't for would stop writing them)

Betas can help fix gaping plotholes, I just haven't experienced that. Most betas (on FF) are pretty inexperienced anyway so I don't actually know if they would be able to help with that. Mostly, they're there for spelling and grammar. I think.
no worries ;p
lol but a lot of people think, "ooh, possession, how cute!" and write lots of fluff about it.
lots.
of.
it.

it's sad when the story is only lemon though. shameless smut is not cool for me.

ah, i see.
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa

no worries ;p
lol but a lot of people think, "ooh, possession, how cute!" and write lots of fluff about it.
lots.
of.
it.

it's sad when the story is only lemon though. shameless smut is not cool for me.

ah, i see.

Couldn't do pure smut either. I do occassionally like reading it though, but usually I prefer plot. Plot first and then a lemon.

Fangirls (and I'm being hypocritical since technically I'm one) can make the oddest things "cute". Rape, incest, shota, random demon rape. Pretty much anything, no matter how disturbing, can be "cute" and "fluffy" in le mind of a fangirl.

Dapper Poster

Kitsune No Tsubasa
Zlae
Kitsune No Tsubasa

no worries ;p
lots.
of.
it.

ah, i see.

Couldn't do pure smut either. I do occassionally like reading it though, but usually I prefer plot. Plot first and then a lemon.

Fangirls (and I'm being hypocritical since technically I'm one) can make the oddest things "cute". Rape, incest, shota, random demon rape. Pretty much anything, no matter how disturbing, can be "cute" and "fluffy" in le mind of a fangirl.
yeah, pure smut is just unnecessary to me.

baha okay, that's true. you can never underestimate fandoms.
especially rabid ones, like hetalia or homestuck.
/shivers

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces