6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jostanos Crux
RiverSong1984
for some reason, my fan fiction stories dont get many reviews

Do you allow Anonymous reviewers?
If not.. You may want to consider doing so sometime in the near future.

Anonymous reviewers, like myself Jostanos), are one of the largest reader/review bases on many fanfiction sites and fansites including FF.net, Live Journal LJ), The new

Shinobi Legacy, Inuyasha Journey Danis IJ to some),
Gaia OF COURSE! ^_^), DA Deviant Art), and many others.

Of course I allow anon reviews!

I do admit that there are some Anonymous reviewers out there that just love to flame fan fiction writers for the heck of it.. But they are not true reviewers. No..

They are Trolls, Rampant rabid fanpeople, flame artists and I use the term artists loosely -_-) that think that they know it all and that are the Be all and end all of all things manga, anime, games, movies, etc....

Holy Frell those people are arrogant!
I admit that I can be and have been arrogant too.. Who hasnt been?. DONT KID YOURSELVES!)

Please allow anonymous reviewers... Some, if not most, May post constructive critisism, or praise. Some flames/rants are acceptable.. After all.. how else are you going to cook SMORES! XD

Fashionable Genius

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jostanos Crux
RiverSong1984
for some reason, my fan fiction stories dont get many reviews

Do you allow Anonymous reviewers?
If not.. You may want to consider doing so sometime ...

Of course I allow anon reviews!

I do admit that there are some Anonymous reviewers out there that just love to flame fan fiction writers for the heck of it.. But they are not true reviewers. No..

They are Trolls, Rampant rabid fanpeople, flame artists and I use the term artists loosely -_-) that think that they know it all and that are the Be all and end all of all things manga, anime, games, movies, etc....

Holy Frell those people are arrogant!
I admit that I can be and have been arrogant too.. Who hasnt been?. DONT KID YOURSELVES!)

Please allow anonymous reviewers... Some, if not most, May post constructive critisism, or praise. Some flames/rants are acceptable.. After all.. how else are you going to cook SMORES! XD

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I dont allow anon reviews only because Im too lazy to update said option.

Predestined Duck

http://www.fanfiction.net/~anivla01
Hm... I write short Naruto fanfiction, but I have plot bunnies galore for almost every fandom @_@
I barely get any reviews, but that's what I get for writing stories with only 4 chapters and 300 words each. Most reviews I do get are 2 words long. But I guess everyone gets reviews like that. One review - the only review I got for that particular fanfic - was awesome, though. (Thanks Oblivion's Demon!)

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I never have short reviews like that well maybe though yeah. I have only got bad reviews on my first fic because i did the format of said story, but once i fic it was good. Well i did get bad review for one my fic later on, but fully agree i did need to rewrite the first chapter since i rush it way too much... then again it was my first try for that type of fic aka i never written a mystery fic it was my ranma x case closed one of my next project to repost said first chapter and work on second chapter... come to think of it i need finish the 4th chapter of my ranma x naruto so i get to editing it. I hate having the problem of deciding where to cut off a chapter.

Tipsy Lunatic

RiverSong1984
for some reason, my fan fiction stories don't get many reviews

Simply put I think people who read fanfiction on ff.net tend to be apathetic and lazy about things like reviews. The number of reviews on your fanfics isn't a good indicator of whether or not people liked it. Look at your graphs instead.
How many people are READING it? And, if it's a multi-chapter thing then how many people are going past the first chapter?
And how many favorites do you get? Has anyone put your stories on their alert list?

My most popular story has almost 2000 hits and only 12 reviews. So..... yeah.

Hilarious Gaian

4,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
The Drunken Jester
RiverSong1984
for some reason, my fan fiction stories don't get many reviews

Simply put I think people who read fanfiction on ff.net tend to be apathetic and lazy about things like reviews. The number of reviews on your fanfics isn't a good indicator of whether or not people liked it. Look at your graphs instead.
How many people are READING it? And, if it's a multi-chapter thing then how many people are going past the first chapter?
And how many favorites do you get? Has anyone put your stories on their alert list?

My most popular story has almost 2000 hits and only 12 reviews. So..... yeah.

I have said something similar to this on the many fansites that I have been affilated with over the past 15-20 years and did the fanfiction writers on them pay any attention?

HAH! They all thought, except for a few, that _I_ was clammoring for attention and that I should keep my big trap shut!!
And what happened to them? they all whined and moaned about not having reviews and threatened not to update without a certain amount of reviews.
Does that sound at all familiar?

*sighs* Quite frankly I have had enough of this.. IF you writers don't want reviewers of _ANY_ type then

FINE!

Allow your stories to die... or.. Just keep on writing any way. smile

We _WILL_ keep on reading them even if you do not allow us to review them.
Why? Because we like to read Fan fictions! ^_^
Haruno-chan
Hey, anyone here have anything at fanfiction.net? I do, I'm Alden-san (www.fanfiction.net/~aldensan). I write mostly Naruto fanfics, a lot of oneshots. I've been writing fanfics for almost a year now...

Anyone else?

Moderator Edit:

Forgive me for stealing your post. xd But in the future, all discussion about fanfiction.net must be made in this sticky. Thank you for your time.

Malee

*Bows* I am InuVampireChan i have 13 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh Yaoi Puzzleshipping I have been on for 2 years on May 10 this year.

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wow didn't think someone would complain about those type of reviews. I changed my option just for a little while. also i'm open for request ranma x fics provided i know enough the other series. Also open for people to bounce ideas off of or help in general provided i'm familiar with series.

Sparkly Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I write fanfictions too. I have a Bleach fanfiction, H2O Just Add Water Fanfiction, and a Maximum Ride One-Shot. I'm going to have more fanfictions posted in the future though. My account is http://www.fanfiction.net/~toshirohitsugayafan. I hope you all like my fanfictions.

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
I just wanted to say that, yes, you should have anonymous reviews set up to be accepted. Remember, you can remove them if they are flamatory. It's not that hard to do that.

Second, I would say, cultivate your reviewers. Seriously. Take the time to answer the reviews that you get and you'll see them come back to review again. It's a give/take kind of thing. On top of that, it could take years of writing and practicing to get more then one or two reviews every so often. I've been doing this since I was 16 (let's just say I'm now in my late 20's) and it's only recently that I've been getting more reviews on ff.net.

So, yeah, years.

Fanged Witch

11,115 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
I'm Rain on your Back there, like here, and I write mostly on Shaman King. Due to the small size of the french fandom (and my choice of characters to write on, too) I don't have all that much reviews, but the ones who do have become very good friends. So, as Roise Strailo said before me, cultivate reviewers like you would close friends.

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rain on your Back
Im Rain on your Back there, like here, and I write mostly on Shaman King. Due to the small size of the french fandom and my choice of characters to write on, too) I dont have all that much reviews, but the ones who do have become very good friends. So, as Roise Strailo said before me, cultivate reviewers like you would close friends.
Id read some once I finish reading the series. I did a ranma x fix with shaman king though put it on hold till I finish collecting the series.
So, random discussion questions: What's the longest time you've strayed from FFN, or even just certain sections of it, before returning? Is it different from what you remember? If so, how so? How does it make you feel?

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I generally don't stray from it for long unless i'm up to date with my alert list and there nothing to good that i want to read. then i have online manga so i'm good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff