Duel of the Heart

By: dixieangel1992

Summary: Shobu Karafuda meets an old friend from childhood days as he fights the waging battle against the Guardians. Pairing: ShobuMimi

Disclaimer: I don't own ANY anime and/or manga what-so-ever.
...........................................................................................................

Chapter 1

He had done it. Shobu Karafuda was now world Duel Master champion. As the crowds threw him into the air as a form of celebration, he thought of a long-lost friend.

((FLASHBACK))
Shobu Karafuda, age 5 at the time, was playing with his best friend, Mimi Takana[A/N: I don't know her last name, so deal with it.] They were swinging on the neighborhood tire swing, laughing as children do. After swinging for about one hour to an hour-and-a-half, Mimi said that she wanted to tell him[Shobu] something.

"Shobu," Mim quietly told him with her 5-year-old accent, "I'm gonna move really soon, and I'm not gonna come back."

Shobu hugged her. "Don't leave, Mimi!" he yelled, "You're my bestest friend!"[A/N: The 'bestest' seemed to deepen the feel of that moment..] The two were so upset that they just hugged each other and cried.
((END FLASHBACK))
"Mimi," Shobu whispered, as if in a trance,"you may be long gone, but I want you to come back..."
...........................................................................................................
R&R please! NO FLAMES, but constructive criticism is always welcome ^_^