Uh...hi everyone...first story posted here. It is posted at FF.N but I want honest, sincere feedback. I will admit that this first chapter isn't the best one and the others do get better but other than that...umm here's my story.

Main characters: Ishida Yamato, and Yagami Taichi

*____* for thinking

"____" for talking

////////// Scene change

>>>>> POV change

Ask the Beginning

Chapter 1: Different

"Yamato! Hey man, are you all right?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Why?" I looked at the boy with the chocolate hair in front of me.

"You had this distant look, kind of sad." His face worried. I smiled, weakly, but it was enough.

"Yeah I was just thinking about some sad poems kids were reading in class today." I forced a laugh. "Damn depressed teens." The chocolate haired boy rolls his eyes and smiles.

"Like YOU'RE any different."

"Yeah Taichi, I am." I got a response by a piece of paper thrown at me. I grinned as I barely caught it. It was lunchtime and we were sitting across from each other. I felt bad for lying to him but I didn't want to tell him. Even though he was my best friend I still didn't trust him. I know it sounds cold and uncaring. How could he be my best friend and I not trust him? I could tell him a lot but when it came to things that were bothering me, I never told anyone. Not even Takeru. Vulnerability was not my thing. I hated it. I was content keeping things to myself, even if it hurt. I just hope it doesn't lead to what happened last year. I don't want to hurt that badly again.

"So what were we talking about?" I asked being polite.

"Oh yeah. So there were only a few seconds on the clock. I had the ball and..." I tuned him out, giving a few "uh-huh's" and the occasional "yeah". I looked at my sandwich but I wasn't hungry. I was tired, but that's what happens when you don't eat for days on end. I don't even remember the last time I actually ate a full meal. My father hasn't noticed because he's gone half the time. Business Trips. Not that I blamed him entirely. I don't know what's the matter with me. Maybe I'm just a moron trying to get attention. Kami, Tai is still talking! I can't think with him droning on. I hear my brain preparing for battle.

*Why am I so cruel? He's only showing he cares. *

*If he cares then he would tell you what he really thinks of you. *

*He doesn't think anything bad!...right? *

*Haha!!! See? You don't really believe he actually LIKES you do you? *

*He-he does.... At least I think he does... *

"And then this kid from the other team shoves me! So of course I-"

*You're such a dumb a**. Look at yourself. Weak, stupid, pathetic! Not even your father wants you! *

*No, it's not true. I know it isn't. *

"Can you believe it?! He missed the goal! But we still had time to recover-"

*God I hate you! You are a piece of worthless s**t! Stop taking our time. Just openly admit that you are a waste of flesh. Simply a- *

"The ref calls a penalty and everyone goes crazy-"

*Stop! *

"We were angry but it was hilarious-"

"-All the coaches yelling at each other-"

*just leave me alone! *

"-and a couple of parents started to come down also-"

*time-wasting- *

"-but the kids were the ones trying to keep the peace-"

*No more!!!! *

"-I don't know who started the fight but you can bet your a** who finished it-"

*b*****d. *

"Yama? Yamato?! Hey man are you okay?!" I heard Tai's voice. I didn't realize I had gotten up. My fists were clenched and teeth grinding. My eyes were shut tight. I could hear my ragged breathing. "Yamato what the hell's the matter with you?!" His tone harsh. I opened my eyes, I tried to hide my surprise. I've never lost control of my actions before. Never.

"Don't say that to me." I tried to keep my voice calm.

"Say what?"

"Don't ask again 'what the hell's the matter' with me, okay?" Now it was my turn to sound harsh.

"Geez Yama. You would have asked the same thing if you had seen yourself. Looked liked all hell was going to break loose." I took a deep sigh.

"Gomen Tai." He frowned.

"Don't apologize. Just tell me what's wrong."

"I-" Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes again, and put my head down, chin against my chest. I could feel Tai about to say something when a loud ring interrupted our thoughts. I thanked God. We stayed silent for a few more seconds. I kept staring at the floor.

"I have to get going or else I'm getting another detention." I could hear the falseness dripping in his voice. I just slightly nodded.

"Well okay I'll see you in class." I nodded again.

Once I knew he had left, I fell down in the nearest chair. My body was full of anxiety. I'd never lost track of my own actions before. I was starting to breathe fast again. My hands were shaking. Suddenly the table was starting to slant up wards. I blinked fiercely to regain composure, but my vision kept shifting. I was feeling light headed while my surroundings were becoming cloudy.

Another loud ring made me jump. Snapping back to reality I realized I was late for class but I didn't care. Me; Mr. Responsible. Perfect Attendance. I angrily scoffed and placed my head in my hands. After being in that positions for a few minutes, I felt someone watching me so I stood up slowly. Becoming self-conscious. I hastily placed my hands in my pockets and started walking to the school, but I suddenly stopped. I looked at the concrete building. At all the little windows, with the little classrooms, and all the students, crammed into a tiny crevice while a smart a** droned on and on. Just thinking about it made me feel claustrophobic. Like I was drowning. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the exit open. Someone was coming out.

That did it. I panicked. I didn't look back. My body told me fight or flight. I just ran away from the school. I ran blindly past the basketball courts, past the soccer fields, past the buildings, past the trees, past the picturesque houses, with the perfect inhabitants, passing it all in a quick blur. My brain clicked off while my legs kept moving.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Tai's POV)

I didn't want to leave Yamato by himself but I was going to see him in class next period anyway. I've noticed him acting strange but I thought I was just being paranoid. One of the few times I saw him act like this was when we first met in the digital world. But it was years ago. I'd also seen that face about some many months back, but I thought it had to do with him breaking up with Sora. He never told me exactly though. I looked back at him before going in, but I saw him sitting down where I'd left him.

After going to my locker I went into the classroom. No other digidestined had this class with me, except of course Yama. I kind of secretly enjoyed spending time alone with him. These days made it easier. Our school was over crowded so they divided the lunch shift into two, A or B lunch (depending if it was an odd or even day). Of course, as luck would have it, only Matt and I had B lunch today.

I sat down in my usual chair but I didn't see him anywhere. I kept my gaze at the door. The tardy bell rung and still no sign of him. He was usually never late and, on those rare occurrences, by now he would already be running in with a big smirk on his face. My stomach churned as I looked out the window. I almost gasped out loud. He was still outside in the same exact spot! I stared at him dumbfounded. What was he doing? He still was sitting down, shaking slightly. He didn't seem to notice anything, just kept his head in his hands.

I immediately asked sensei if I could go to the restroom. What the hell is going with Yamato?! I ran down the stairs and stopped at the door leading outside. I saw him through the small windows. He was staring at the school, almost contemplating whether to go inside or not! There was something wrong. Very wrong. His face was dark and serious. It all happened so fast but also excruciatingly slow. I hesitated further but eventually opened the door. I looked at his face and it showed sheer terror then he was running away from me. I called to him, yelled out. But I was frozen. I didn't chase after him. Instead I just went back to class. Numb. Ashamed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Yamato's POV)

It seemed like hours when I finally stopped. My lungs ached but I wanted to keep running. Running until I disappeared. I leaned on my knees to catch my breath. Finally taking in my surroundings. I was apparently in a park. But it wasn't in any side of town I knew.

*Damnit Ishida, now you're lost. * And the sun was setting also. I sighed knowing it was a reckless thing to have run away.

*Especially when you don't know from what. *

*SHUT up. *

(Silence)

A chilled breeze blew against my face and chest. Moving a shaky hand through my hair, I decided I better find my way home.

///////////////////////////////

I fumbled with my keys as I tried to open the door to the apartment. It was almost midnight. I was exhausted and freezing. It turned out I had ended up in the outskirts of town. And having no money to take the subway or bus I had to walk back. I wasn't one to hitchhike either. After a caustic swear and a kick, the door finally opened. I tossed the keys to the side and just went straight to the bathroom. I turned on the water and headed back to the kitchen while the bathtub filled. I saw the red light from the answering machine. Routinely I pressed the button. I went to my room to grab a pair of pajamas, trying to warm up, while the answering machine began in the background.

"Yama?"

I froze at his voice.

"Umm, you still aren't home. I wanted to call to check up on you. You freaked at school today. Wanted to see what was wrong. Um, well call me back when you get this message okay?" I nodded absentmindedly. "See you tomorrow. BEEEEPPP"

I went to the machine and pressed a button.

"Would you like to delete this message?"

I pressed the button again.

"Message has been erased. BEEEPPP." I sighed and went back to the bathroom.

////////////////////////////////////

Tell me if you want the next chapter. ^^ Flames are welcome as long as they are polite. "This is the worst story ever!!! Blah, blah" do not help me. Thanks.