Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
“PEEEEEEOOOOOONNN!”

Donald awoke with a start and shot up in bed. “Eiveen! What’s wrong?” He yelled through her scream.

She pointed with her paw to her belly. Without thinking, Donald reached out and laid his hand where she had pointed. It stung with intense heat, and he jerked back his arm as she shouted “PEON!”

She sobbed a bit and her dome flickered to life. <Ice…> she cried. <GET ME ICE!!> Her mental voice was a scream. He jumped out of bed and rushed into the kitchen. She screamed again as he snatched a few paper towels from the roller. He threw open the freezer door and began shoveling handfuls of ice into the paper towels. Her voice collapsed into sobs as she screamed again.

“What’s going on!?” Kathy cried out as she burst into the room. “Why is she screaming?”

“I don’t know!” Donald declared, slamming the freezer door shut and pushing by her. Andrew had appeared in the hallway and was also hastily pushed past as he inquired of the situation. As Donald charged into his bedroom, Eiveen screamed through another fit of sobs. He leapt forward and began to feel around on her belly to find the hotspot, but she immediately lashed out, grabbing the bag and applying it. He crawled to her side and held the ice bag in place with one hand and draped his free arm over her shoulder.

He shushed her as she cried and tried rocking her, but she resisted.

<It…. It burns…. More…> her voice was weak in his head.

He continued to hold her, occasionally kissing her pain-stricken, tear streaked face. As he held the bag to her belly, he felt her tremble with pain. She sobbed silently a few times more, leaning forward in a fashion that made her look like she was about to throw up. Andrew, Kathy, and David stood in the doorway of Donald’s room, anxiously watching the ordeal unfold.

Finally, she stopped crying and told him in the same weak voice that the burning had subsided. It had lasted for nearly five minutes, she thought. When Donald heard that the pain had ended, he told her they were going to the World of Pokémon. She tried to respond, but her dome flickered, and her eyes squinted involuntarily. She moaned feebly and then fainted altogether, lying limp in his arms.
YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE WRITER!!!

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Hehe, thanks! biggrin I put a lot of effort into each post.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Donald was kneeling on the side of the bed, asleep, when Eiveen woke up. It was early morning. She slowly crawled over to him and nuzzled his face. He grunted and stirred awake. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked up to see Eiveen, suddenly recalling what had transpired during the night.

“Eiveen!” he gasped.

<I’m okay, daddy,> she told him. <Come on, let’s freshen up. Then we can see Nurse Jo...> the end of her sentence was abruptly cut off by her flinching. Donald’s heart sunk, fearing the onset of another episode. But she whipped around to reveal a dark spot on her belly.

“What is that Eiveen?” Donald asked.

<I don’t know, I’ve never seen this before. But it hurts.>

“Then we shouldn’t waste any time!” Donald declared. He hastily washed his face and changed his clothes. Then Eiveen opened the portal and they entered Ecruteak City and went to the Pokémon Center. There, he described the incident in detail to Nurse Joy.

She took one glance at the spot on Eiveen’s belly and took out a small spray bottle-looking device. “You’ve been burned here,” she said and then thoroughly saturated the spot with the spray. It quickly disappeared without another hint of pain from Eiveen. “Now, the situation is very strange,” Nurse Joy replied. “Why would an egg that must surely hold an Eevee heat up to such temperatures before it is laid? I’ve heard of the eggs of Fire Pokémon heating up inside the mother before they are laid, but never of a non-Fire Pokémon egg doing so. I wish I could be of more help.”

Eiveen sighed sadly and lowered her head. Then she turned and walked out the front door of the center. She shot her Psybeam into the dirt in frustration and a small rock popped up. Her eyes went wide and she spun around to shuffle back into the center. <I think one of the Eevees in me evolved!> she exclaimed.

“What?!” Donald and Joy asked in unison.

<I’m sure of it. I was training in Stone Town yesterday, learning Psybeam. I had lain in some soft soil to take a rest and when I stood up, Pyro started digging where I was and found a Fire Stone!>

“Oh my!” Nurse Joy exclaimed. “It is a possibility. The only way to know for sure is to examine the eggs. It looks like you are two days away at most. When they are laid, perhaps you should show them to Professor Elm. Here,” she gave Donald five Burn Heals. “I hope that the egg does not flare up again, but in case it does, you can at least heal the burn.”

Donald and Eiveen thanked Nurse Joy for her time and advice. They had hoped for more, but what they had would have to do. They returned to the real world and came up with a few ideas in case the egg began to burn inside her again. All they could do now was wait.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Donald was kneeling on the side of the bed, asleep, when Eiveen woke up. It was early morning. She slowly crawled over to him and nuzzled his face. He grunted and stirred awake. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked up to see Eiveen, suddenly recalling what had transpired during the night.

“Eiveen!” he gasped.

<I’m okay, daddy,> she told him. <Come on, let’s freshen up. Then we can see Nurse Jo...> the end of her sentence was abruptly cut off by her flinching. Donald’s heart sunk, fearing the onset of another episode. But she whipped around to reveal a dark spot on her belly.

“What is that Eiveen?” Donald asked.

<I don’t know, I’ve never seen this before. But it hurts.>

“Then we shouldn’t waste any time!” Donald declared. He hastily washed his face and changed his clothes. Then Eiveen opened the portal and they entered Ecruteak City and went to the Pokémon Center. There, he described the incident in detail to Nurse Joy.

She took one glance at the spot on Eiveen’s belly and took out a small spray bottle-looking device. “You’ve been burned here,” she said and then thoroughly saturated the spot with the spray. It quickly disappeared without another hint of pain from Eiveen. “Now, the situation is very strange,” Nurse Joy replied. “Why would an egg that must surely hold an Eevee heat up to such temperatures before it is laid? I’ve heard of the eggs of Fire Pokémon heating up inside the mother before they are laid, but never of a non-Fire Pokémon egg doing so. I wish I could be of more help.”

Eiveen sighed sadly and lowered her head. Then she turned and walked out the front door of the center. She shot her Psybeam into the dirt in frustration and a small rock popped up. Her eyes went wide and she spun around to shuffle back into the center. <I think one of the Eevees in me evolved!> she exclaimed.

“What?!” Donald and Joy asked in unison.

<I’m sure of it. I was training in Stone Town yesterday, learning Psybeam. I had lain in some soft soil to take a rest and when I stood up, Pyro started digging where I was and found a Fire Stone!>

“Oh my!” Nurse Joy exclaimed. “It is a possibility. The only way to know for sure is to examine the eggs. It looks like you are two days away at most. When they are laid, perhaps you should show them to Professor Elm. Here,” she gave Donald five Burn Heals. “I hope that the egg does not flare up again, but in case it does, you can at least heal the burn.”

Donald and Eiveen thanked Nurse Joy for her time and advice. They had hoped for more, but what they had would have to do. They returned to the real world and came up with a few ideas in case the egg began to burn inside her again. All they could do now was wait.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Chapter 15: Egg Carrier Search

Two days later, Eiveen laid her eggs. It was early morning when an uncomfortable feeling woke her. Using her pillow to keep the eggs from rolling off the bed, she pushed them out one after the other. After the eggs were all out, she nuzzled Donald awake.

She had been on edge ever since she and Donald returned home from the Pokémon Center two days earlier. She had immediately started crying when the portal closed behind her, so afraid of the egg flaring up again, of being so completely and utterly helpless. She would rather be knocked out a thousand times than suffer another burning by the egg, she had told Donald. The whole time, he had held and assured her that she would be fine and that he had a plan.

She had fallen asleep after that, and Donald took the opportunity to call Mark. He had asked if he could borrow some anesthetic and explained the situation. Mark had readily agreed and drove over within the hour with a small glass bottle and a few syringes. He had told Donald how much to give her for her body weight and then stuck around to talk and play games for a few hours.

The syringes and anesthetic gave Eiveen a lot of comfort, and luckily the egg didn’t flare in those two days leading up to the egg laying. But as soon as Donald was woken up, the egg flared. They used his pillow to move it to the other side of the bed and away from the other eggs. It was a lucky break, he thought, for both Eiveen and himself; if she hadn’t laid them when she did, she might have been burned again. And if they had come a day earlier, Donald and Eiveen would have had to work tediously to identify the hot egg. But then he took a closer look and saw that the flaring egg had a barely noticeable red tint to it.

Just as Nurse Joy had said, there were seven eggs in total. Eiveen didn’t want Donald to have to watch them. Carrying around seven eggs would be too much trouble, and it would give rise to too many questions. Plus Eiveen would have to be around them until they hatched.

So they decided that the eggs should be entrusted to others. It wouldn’t be simply keeping them warm; they needed to be around active Pokémon to hatch. Because there are no other Pokémon in the real world, the eggs would have to be given to friends and associates in the World of Pokémon. Donald made a list of contacts they could visit to give away all the eggs.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
They decided to head into the World of Pokémon after they’d eaten and made themselves presentable. They would ask the four Professors and the Kimono Sisters first. Donald had put all the eggs into a basket. Eiveen was about to open the portal, when she paused and gave him a puzzled look.

“What is it?” he inquired.

<Daddy, what time is it there? > she asked.

He thought a minute, remembering when they went to see how many eggs she was carrying. “We went to get you inspected at like, what, six in the morning our time? It was night time there. Ten o’clock at night in the Pokémon Center.” He looked at his clock. It read 10:00AM. “It’s two in the morning there!” He sat on the bed and put the egg back with the batch.

<Let’s go when it is ten in the morning there,> Eiveen suggested. Donald nodded in agreement. “So what are we going to do for the rest of the day?” He asked her. She thought for a second, and was about to recommend that he read to her. But then she received the revelation that she was no longer heavy with eggs. After a moment’s pause she declared happily, <I’m going outside to train!> She bounded out of the room and beckoned him to follow, which he did with haste.

Two hours later, they had walked the block twice, trained her moves in the backyard, and finally ended up wrestling on the living room floor. They were sweaty, dirty, and exhausted. They looked up at the clock to find that it was noon. They decided to take a bath and then read the book for a few hours, but when Donald went into his room to get his towel, he found Mittens clawing at one of the eggs.

“Mittens get away from that egg!” Donald roared. The cat panicked and bolted for the door. Eiveen had started the shower and saw Mittens run out of the room and gave chase. The feline glanced back and saw her charging, practically foaming at the mouth. He ran into David and Kathy’s room and hid beneath their king-sized bed. Eiveen hissed viciously a few times and heard him hiss back. Donald rushed up behind her and watched the exchange.

“Eiveen?”

She turned and looked at him with fury in her eyes, and her gaze quickly softened. <We should close the door from now on.> Donald nodded and walked up and gave her a hug. She licked his face in return and they went to take their shower, remembering to close the door after getting Donald’s towel. Eiveen got out first, as usual, and after shaking herself dry she went into Donald’s room and looked over the eggs to make sure they were undamaged. Then she decided to pick out one for herself to hatch.

When Donald was dressed, he picked up his book and continued reading. It was towards the end, so they decided to finish it. Kathy popped in half-way through to check on him and Eiveen, and they had to explain the seven eggs before she would leave. He read the last page around four o’clock and found himself starving. So they decided to eat a late lunch and watch TV for a couple of hours. There were two educational shows recorded on the DVR that caught their interest.

When the clock struck six, Eiveen leapt from her seat and raced towards Donald’s room. She pawed open his door and then opened the portal. Donald walked in and grabbed an egg from the basket. He closed and locked his door before going in after Eiveen.

They first visited Professor Oak. Tracey answered the door and talked with them for a while. Tracey was sure that the professor would accept, and he did. He had just brewed a fresh pot of tea. He said he wouldn’t be a world-renown Professor if he passed up opportunities to study rare Pokémon. Tracey was excited about being able to sketch a young Eevee.

Then they returned to Donald’s room just long enough to pick up another egg; the red tinted egg. They went to see Professor Elm. They thought it would be short and sweet, especially when they saw him looking through a microscope. However, when Donald told him about Eiveen’s complications, the professor did an extensive interview with both Donald and Eiveen regarding the egg. The trip ended up taking an hour.

Then they cycled through the real world and back into the Pokémon world to meet Professor Birch. He was fixing himself lunch when they arrived, and he invited them in. They told him their story and he accepted, saying that it would be interesting to see how the Eevee would act when the house was its natural environment since his field of study involved studying Pokémon behavior in their natural environment. Then he had laughed one of his big, open mouthed laughs.

Finally, they saw Professor Rowan in the laboratory in Sandgem Town. His assistant had answered the door. Professor Rowan declined to take an egg, saying that his research assistants tended to be semi-incompetent at times. Plus, there was a Staraptor that still needed training and it would likely think the egg to be a meal. He apologized and then had to return to his work.

They took the last three eggs to the Kimono Sisters. The girls were pleased to see the two of them and to find that Eiveen had evolved. They even invited them into the back room and had a round of green tea to celebrate. They talked for a little while before getting to Donald’s reason for visiting them. They said they were far too busy running shows and other events to raise an egg and respectfully declined.

Donald and Eiveen deposited the eggs in their room in the real world and had dinner before going to see May. They came through the portal onto a dirt trail in a grassy plain. They could see a town in the far distance, and just down the trail from them was May. Donald called after her, as did Eiveen. When she turned, Donald waved his hand in the air. She waved back ecstatically and greeted them by yelling hello. They jogged down the trail to meet her.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
“Hello May,” Donald greeted her. “How have your contests been going?”

“Oh, they’ve been great! Got another ribbon at my last contest,” she pulled out her ribbon box and let them gaze at them. She seemed about to continue when she spied the egg Donald was carrying. “Oh wow! You’ve got an egg!” Her eyes twinkled. “Eiveen, is that yours? It is so cute!” She clasped her hands and forearms together and did a cute little dance.

<Yep, it sure is mine. Along with six others,> Eiveen commented.

May’s dance ended abruptly and the look of shock crossed her face. “Six other eggs? So you had seven all at once?” Donald and Eiveen both nodded at the same time. “That’s incredible,” May continued. “So, are you trying to hatch them one at a time?”

“Not exactly. We were coming to ask you if you would like to raise one of them for her,” Donald said.

May’s hands went straight to her cheeks. “Oh my gosh! Really? I would love to have another Eevee!” She started to reach out, but paused.

“Is there something wrong, May?” Donald inquired.

She looked up at him and then down at Eiveen. “Well, the thing is, traveling the way I do, I come across some shady characters, and more than once Pokémon thieves have tried to steal my Pokémon. And the wild Pokémon I encounter can be pretty aggressive too. The point is, I don’t want to put your egg in any danger. I’m sorry, but I just can’t take it.”

Donald and Eiveen both sighed sadly.

“But hey! Yeah! Max could raise it!” May said suddenly.

<Max? Your brother, Max? > Eiveen asked.

“Of course, it’s perfect! Max wants so badly to follow in Dad’s footsteps. Eevee is a normal type Pokémon. And since my dad specializes in normal types, he would be able to give Max all kinds of advice. Besides, Max needs the extra responsibility. You see?”

Donald and Eiveen exchanged glances. <I like it daddy. I would be okay leaving one with Max if he is up for it.>

Donald communicated his approval to her telepathically and finally said, “Okay, we like your proposal. We’ll ask Max if he would like to raise this egg.”

“Awesome!” cheered May.

“So are you on your way to another contest?” Donald asked her.

“Yep, sure am. Rosewood City, just over there,” May pointed to the distance town. “It will be my fourth ribbon, so much closer to the Grand Festival.”

“Nice, can we tag along? It would be good to catch up, and then see Drew and Harley again.”

“Esp!” Eiveen concurred.

“Sure! It is great to have you,” May agreed. They walked together for four hours to the town, talking about a wide range of topics.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
When they arrived in Rosewood City, they couldn’t help but notice all the rose trees that made up the central garden. The trio went straight to the contest hall and May applied for the contest. Donald looked around but found no trace of Drew or Harley. He asked the lady behind the counter if they had arrived and she said that they had and were currently relaxing in one of the nearby rose gardens.

Donald, Eiveen, and May made their way over to the garden and heard Harley’s voice break the relative silence. In response, a swarm of Pidgey erupted from the rose trees and flew away. He ran over to greet them, with Drew and Solidad walking up from behind.

“Hello there hun,” he greeted May. “Oh, and you brought a date I see. A little old for you, isn’t he?” Harley laughed hysterically at his own joke. Donald and Eiveen giggled. May brought her hands up to her head as if she were about to tear out her hair.

“Oh Harley! You drive me crazy!” she squeaked.

“Good to see you too, Harley,” Donald said and he held up his hand. Instead of clasping it in his own, Harley darted forward and embraced Donald in a hug.

“Oh things have been so rough since you’ve been gone!” Harley declared. “She is such a horrible person. You should hear the gossip she spreads; it’s reprehensible!”

“I do not!” May cried out in response, leaning with her fists pointed towards the ground.

“Oh, dear,” Harley persisted. “Did you know? You look like a Slaking when you get all pouty faced like that.” Then he burst out laughing.

“Don’t let him get to you May,” Drew said coming up from behind. “You know he is getting you worked up so you will stress out in the preliminary rounds today.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, Drew,” May agreed.

“Oh, and it works like a charm, doesn’t it hun,” Harley admitted.

Drew looked to Harley and smiled. “Yes, it works very well, just like at the last contest, right?”

Harley’s face turned sour. “That little shortie turned it around on me and you know it!” he growled. Neither Donald nor Eiveen couldn’t help but snicker.

“Oh,” Harley turned an accusing finger to them. “You find this amusing, do you?”

“Yes I do,” Donald replied with a nod.

“Esp!” Eiveen agreed.

“But don’t worry,” Donald said as he clapped Harley on the back. “I won’t hold it against you.”

“Espeon!”

“Well, now it sounds like you’re taking her side,” Harley frowned at him.

“Sides?” Donald laughed. “I just like watching you two go at it!” Eiveen laughed out loud with him, and Solidad was in the back snickering. Drew simply stood there, smiling.

“You’re just as bad as he is!” May cried out. “And you wanted me to take an egg!” Now Drew was laughing too.

“So what’s up with the egg?” Drew asked when he had finished.

“Oh, is that yours, hun?” Harley said and began searching his pockets. “Where’s the marker Wigglytuff had as a Jigglypuff?”

“Here, I have one!” May chimed in, holding out a marker.

“Nooo!” Donald feigned.

“Peeeooon!” Eiveen went along with it. They all enjoyed a good laugh and sat in the garden to talk. Some time afterwards, a familiar face walked in.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
“Well if it isn’t May!” It was a middle aged man wearing a rocker outfit and holding a guitar. Behind him were a few other men, all wearing the same attire.

“Oh my gosh! Jeremy?” May jumped up happily. “I haven’t seen you since Silver City in Kanto! How have you been?”

“Busy, very busy. But I decided to take some time off and do some site-seeing with the family, as well as enter a contest or two,” he replied.

“And who are these behind you?” May inquired.

“These are a few of my friends from the band I used to have. They are also business men and we planned this together. They brought their families to come site-seeing with us. It has been a lot of fun. This is the first contest that has been in the same area we were in, so I decided to enter.” Then he spotted Donald and Eiveen and removed his sunglasses. “Wow! Sir, I admire your work! Taking up the challenge of entertaining the crowds on such short notice was commendable. Are you here to have a repeat performance?”

Donald was confused at first, but then he remembered how right after Eiveen had evolved she had him do a couple songs at one of May’s contests. “Thank you, thank you very much, sir,” Donald replied bowing. “I am here on business of my own, so I doubt I will be doing any singles tonight, unfortunately.”

Jeremy returned the respectful gesture. “I see.” Jeremy was clearly disappointed, but it faded quickly. “At least I got to meet you! That is good enough for me.” Jeremy then started on a list of stories about how he took the initiative in the business world and helped make a name for himself and better his sales team at the same time. But it was cut short by an announcement over the loud speakers telling everyone that the contest would begin in one hour.

Donald decided to stay for the first rounds of the contest, and then everyone began asking him to do a song with Jeremy and his old band members. It took some convincing, but he eventually agreed. Once they had received permission to perform, he had Eiveen open the portal to the real world and invited them into his room, where they practiced the song for the opening ceremony. Just before going through, he heard May say to herself, “Oh ya, the portal. And why did we walk for four hours?”

An hour later, the contest announcer introduced Donald, Eiveen, Jeremy and his band for the opening ceremony song. Jeremy was the lead guitarist and Donald was the lead singer. Their song was full of energy, and Donald thought that it fit the situation perfectly. When appropriate during the chorus, the entire band sang into their microphones. Towards the end, a large board was raised and Eiveen used Psybeam to carve out the title of the song and the name of the band that produced it. She wrote: Ladies and Gentlement; Saliva.

Once they finished playing, the crowd erupted into cheers and the contest announcer commented on the response and gave her own approval of the song. Then Donald, Eiveen, Jeremy and his band bowed to the crowd a few times. Jeremy’s friends went and joined the audience. He, Donald, and Eiveen went into the back area where the coordinators were preparing. Then the coordinators performed the appeals stage. After a few rounds of the battle stage had past, Donald informed Jeremy, May, Drew, Solidad, and Harley that he had to go continue giving out eggs. They all understood and wished him well. Then Eiveen opened the portal into the real world and she and Donald stepped through.
odd, the middle aged man part, it reminded me of the runaway 5 from earthbound

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
In the real world, it was three in the morning. Donald set aside Max’s egg and placed the other two in the basket. Then Eiveen opened the portal to Stone Town. They were complemented by the four brothers for their performance in Rosewood City and ended up watching the rest of the contest. The final battle was between May and Jeremy, and May won her fourth ribbon.

When Donald asked if they would take any, the three older brothers said they were too busy to properly care for an egg. They held numerous classes in Stone Town and were frequently going out to evaluate and evolve Pokémon, sometimes in the Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions. Mikey on the other hand, was very interested in raising another Eevee. He took an egg and then demonstrated to Donald the proper way to care for it.

Donald and Eiveen returned to the real world around four thirty in the morning. Although they were both tired, they knew the sooner the eggs started getting cared for, the better. Donald took the egg and he and Eiveen went to see Norman and Max. The family was having dinner, and Caroline answered the door and invited them in.

Max was excited to see them, jumping from his chair to greet them. He had also seen the contest on the television. When they finally got down to business, it was just as May had predicted; Max was all too happy to take the egg, and Norman was happy to teach his son about raising Pokémon. Donald and Eiveen returned to the real world at a quarter past five and went straight to bed.

The next day they slept until almost one in the afternoon. When they woke up, they ate lunch and started thinking of their other associates in the World of Pokémon.

“What do you think of the Pokémon Technical School? Your child would grow fast there,” Donald suggested.

“Peee!?” Eiveen shrieked. <Are you crazy!? That school would use any technicality it had to keep my child! I would never give them the egg. I’d rather hatch all seven myself!>

“Ooookay,” he said cautiously as he backed away slowly. “Please calm down, don’t bite me… or Psybeam me.”

Eiveen breathed deeply to regain her composure, and then declared, <Oh! Officer Jenny!> Donald raised an eyebrow at her. <One of the Eevee Brothers mentioned her last night. Why not give her a try? > Donald shrugged.

They went to the Police Pokémon Training Facility around five in the afternoon, this time coming up to the front gates. When Officer Jenny saw them, she ordered that they be allowed in. She took them to her office where they could talk in private. Donald explained how Eiveen had laid seven eggs and that they were going around seeing which of their friends and associates would raise one of the eggs.

Jenny told him that running the facility was often stressful and that egg sitting would be a welcomed break. Thus, she accepted the egg. They offered to stay and chat for a while, but she said she had a full day’s work ahead of her with little time for idle conversation. However, she gave them a permanent visitor’s card and said they were welcome anytime, instructing them to flash the card whenever they wanted to visit and train on the premises.

Donald and Eiveen returned to the real world. They both went to his room and took the egg. Donald washed it the way Mikey had shown him last night. He cleaned the sink thoroughly with a disinfectant and then made sure all of the suds were gone before filling the sink with warm water. Then he took a rag and soaked it with the warm water. He rung it out so that it was damp and then lightly scrubbed the egg.

Eiveen took the egg back to the bed. She wanted to put the egg between her pillow and Donald’s, but he pointed out that the gap between the headboard and the mattress was big enough for the egg to slip through. Eiveen looked around for something to fill it with and found that one of the decorative pillows from the bedding suite fit snuggly in place. Then Donald played his Gameboy for Eiveen until David called them for the family meeting. There he told everyone about the eggs and how they had given all but one away to friends in the world of Pokémon.

That night, as Eiveen and Donald spread out under the sheets, they both began thinking to themselves if they had chosen the best candidates to be egg bearers. The individuals were Professors Oak, Elm, and Birch; Mikey; Max; and Officer Jenny. Thinking over the qualifications of each one, they drifted off to sleep.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Chapter 16: Egg Sitting

The next day, Eiveen stayed with the egg most of the day. She wanted Donald to be around too, so she wouldn’t get lonely taking care of it. So he played his DS for her, again taking on the Elite four in Pokémon Ruby. After defeating the champion, he looked over to see her hugging the egg, holding it between her folded front legs and her chin.

She laid across her pillow with her hind quarters pointed to the wall adjacent to the bed and her tail wagged in a wide vertical arc. At the peak it was pointing straight up. To one side it descended into the blinds, and to the other it struck the corner of the room. As he played, it swayed back and forth. She watched him play, but after a while she began to play with the egg. She nuzzled it, licked it, pawed it, and even lightly ran her claws over it.

After going through the Elite Four a second time, Donald stopped and watched her play. She purred quietly to herself as she nuzzled and licked the egg. A few minutes later she breathed deep and laid her head down on the decorative pillow and brought the egg close to her head. Her tail had stopped wagging and now rested in the corner. For a moment she just laid there. Donald did the same. He saved the game and turned off the DS.

Finally she looked up at him. <I wonder what they will all turn out like,> she said. <Will they be like me, wild and strong, but tame at the same time? Or will they be completely different? How are natures determined? >

“By a number code,” Donald replied.

<Not in the game!> Eiveen took a wide swipe at him with her right paw. <I mean in real life. Am I who I am today because of you, or me…? > Eiveen finished and laid her head down next to the egg again. She sniffed it a couple times and licked it. She lifted her head and saw Donald observing her. <You want to hold it, Daddy? > she asked.

“Uh, uh, sure,” he answered. She pulled away her paws and Donald sat up straight. Then he reached over and took the egg and placed it in his lap. He laid his hands on it and slowly, respectfully, ran them across it. He was struck by the fact that he was holding a real Pokémon egg. The color pattern was just like May’s Egg in the cartoon.
He found it funny that this surprised him. It was tan-colored for the most part. Forming a ring about a quarter of the way down from the top were beige diamonds that mostly blended together.

He continued rubbing the egg softly, moving his hand back and forth over the top. He began to seriously wonder the same thing Eiveen had pondered aloud just a few moments before. She saw his expression turn solemn and she laughed.

<I knew that would get you concerned. You’re as eager to take care of the egg as I am.> She leaned over and licked his face. Then she rolled onto her back and pawed at him playfully. They took a few mock swipes at each other, giggling. She put her paw on the egg and stroked it.

“Will you bring home the other eggs when they hatch?” Donald asked suddenly.

<I don’t know. Maybe, maybe not. I would love to have all of my babies around, but I would probably be exhausted all the time. It is too soon to tell.> Donald nodded but said nothing. A moment later Eiveen asked him to start another book in the series of fantasy books he had been reading her. He got up and took down the next book. Eiveen put the egg back up against the decorative pillow and laid on the opposite side of the bed and patted the mattress, offering Donald the spot next to her. He accepted and laid on his belly on the bed. Eiveen took the egg loosely into the branch of her tail and massaged it. She set her head on the sheets and listened to his thoughts as he read to her.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
The next day, Eiveen decided she wanted to go out. Eiveen wanted to take the egg, but Donald wasn’t so enthusiastic. She wanted to take the egg on walks around the block, when they ate out, to Cal Poly, everywhere. Donald was worried about losing the egg, or breaking it, or having it stolen. Eiveen countered that the egg would never leave her sight. For over an hour they went back and forth before she finally convinced Donald that the egg would be fine.

Then came the tedious process of figuring out how to transport the egg. Did they want it visible to the whole world or hid away? Would it be held or tucked into straps or a backpack? Would she have it or would he? There were so many ways to go about it. Eiveen liked the idea of carrying it herself, in a pouch. So they went about the house, looking for anything they could use.

Kathy had a tote bag that she had intended to use to carry groceries so that she wouldn’t have to use plastic bags, but she said Eiveen and Donald could use it. It was clear to her that she wouldn’t remember to bring it, so it might as well find use with someone. Eiveen thanked her with a big lick on the cheek and ran off to Donald’s room.

The egg fit well in the bag, and with some padding it fit perfectly. Eiveen slipped the long cloth handles of the bag over her head and let the package hang from her neck. Donald came up behind her and removed the bag with ease, demonstrating how easy it was to steal. Eiveen shot him a glare, and a moment later she nodded.

They asked Kathy to lengthen the handles so Eiveen could hold it on the underside of her belly. She told them that she had something better and went into her closet. A moment later she came out with a strapped harness. She strapped it onto Eiveen and put the egg in place. It went on easy, and the egg was gently tucked up against her belly. Additionally, the harness was very comfortable and didn’t restrict her movement at all. She loved it! Eiveen reared up and hugged Kathy and gave her a series of licks on the face, which made the woman laugh joyfully.

Donald got on the phone and called up Mark and Steven. They were both available and so they all agreed to meet for lunch and go hiking. Then Donald put on some jeans and hiking boots and told Eiveen that the hike he had in mind was easy. However, he cautioned her, there was some poison oak, and so she would have to bathe by herself when she got home.

They went and ate at Foster’s Freeze in San Luis Obispo, sitting out in front instead of inside. One group of patrons consisted of Cal Poly students and came over to greet Donald. They talked a bit about classes, how much longer they had, and what they would be taking next quarter. Then they asked if they could take a picture with the fabled Cal Poly Pokémon. Eiveen happily obliged.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff