Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Thanks! biggrin I wish I had more time to work on it, instead of between class readings and homework.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
When they went through, they were in Ecruteak City. It was roughly noon by the Sun’s position in the sky. They went directly to the Kimono Dance Theater. The sisters were performing Kabuki-style dances on stage, and the house was packed. Donald asked one of the other spectators how long the show had been going on, and the man replied that they had just started. Donald thanked him and found a nearby seat. Eiveen sat directly in front of him and leaned to one side, watching the show with her head hanging out in the aisle.

When it ended, the audience gave a standing ovation and began filing out of the exits. A few people approached the stage and commented on the dances. Donald and Eiveen approached after most of the other spectators had left for the door.

“That was awesome!” Donald said. “This was the first performance we’ve seen, right Eiveen?”

“Esp!” she exclaimed happily.

The Kimono girls thanked him with a slight bow of the head, as they did everyone else. But one of the sisters did a double take after turning away.

“I know you!” she said excitedly. “I saw you at the Pokémon contest. You did a couple of songs there, with Drew, Harley, and May all dancing. It was marvelous.”

Donald blushed a little. “Oh, thanks, hehe,” He managed. “It was our first real performance. It was actually her idea,” Donald continued, motioning towards Eiveen. “She wanted to let a friend of ours know she had evolved, so she could battle him.”

“That is a very interesting way of letting someone you know that you had evolved. Quite creative indeed. Your fighting style must reflect that creativity. Perhaps later we can battle. I’d love to now, but my sisters and I must go prepare for the final show of the day.”

Donald became excited at the prospect of battling her. But when she said she had to go prepare for another dance, his expression changed and he hesitated a moment before turning to his Pokémon. “Uh, can it wait, Eiveen?”

Eiveen closed her eyes and appeared to be fighting against something. Finally, she nodded.

“I do apologize, but am I missing something?” the Kimono sister asked.

“Well, Eiveen is ready to have an egg of her own, or at least cure this feeling she’s got. I’m pretty sure that your Eevee evolution is female, as it seems that trainers get Pokémon that are the same gender as they are,” at least in the games, Donald continued in his head. “Since she has this uncomfortable feeling right now, I thought your Pokémon would have the same thing and need it cured. So I was wondering if you knew anyone.”

“Well, my Umbreon is male, and my sisters’ Pokémon are all male as well. But we will not permit your Espeon to mate with any of them. There is a man who regularly attends the last show. He may be willing to help you. If he is there, I’ll introduce you to him after the show. Just come up to the stage. It starts in two hours. I hope to see you there.” She bowed forward slightly and went behind stage.

Donald and Eiveen left the dance theater and went to the Pokémon Center for a quick nap; it was nine thirty at night in the real world. They joined a surprisingly large number of trainers in the center’s back room. Donald put his cell phone on vibrate and set the alarm. After roughly one and a half hours, it woke him, and he in turn woke Eiveen. They quickly groomed themselves and rubbed the sleep from their eyes. Then the two returned to the dance theater.

He could hear the chatter of the crowd as he approached. As with the previous show, it was a full house. Donald didn't want Eiveen to watch the show with her head in the aisle again, knowing it mustn't be too comfortable. But he had a hard time finding two adjacent seats, and for a moment he thought they would have to stand in the back. But he finally found a pair of seats next to a young man and his Starmie. The purple star-shaped Pokémon had a thin layer of water around it, held on by its Psychic attack. Donald made small talk with him and a few other people until the show began.

This performance was better than the last; the dances were more eloquent, the themes more intense, and the stories more intriguing. Eiveen was quickly swept away by the performance. She, like everyone else, had one dance in particular that seemed to speak to her. Donald found the slower, deeper pace much to his liking. It was a welcomed change from the fast paced and shallow movies recently produced by the film industry in his world. He thought how much his mother would enjoy a show like this. Perhaps even Andrew would be entertained.
Well, let's see if there are girls for flirting with and girls for his liking over the age of 18 then he wouldn't mind it. Enjoy is when it gets graphic. I'm quite sure that the show would have to be extremely graphic seeing as he is so opposed to "liking Pokemon". I'm sure that he could deal with it but "enjoy" might be a bit of a strong notion for "Andew"

But that is just me...lol

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
phenix_kami_chan
I'm quite sure that the show would have to be extremely graphic seeing as he is so opposed to "liking Pokemon". I'm sure that he could deal with it but "enjoy" might be a bit of a strong notion for "Andew"

But that is just me...lol

The shows are Kabuki-style, which don't include Pokemon at all. They are a form of theatrical dance developed in Japan after the Feudal era as a way of entertaining the masses. "Andrew" might very well enjoy them after all! smile

And you missed the "r" in Andrew, dear. lol

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Note: I changed the time that Donald and Eiveen took a nap in the Pokemon Center from one thirty am to nine thirty am, so it would be accurate according to my time difference between the world of Pokemon and the real world in the story.

The show concluded three hours later, and a swarm of fans approached the stage. Donald and Eiveen waited until most of them had left before approaching. He was promptly introduced to a man named Josh. The man had lightly tanned skin, stood roughly five and half feet tall and appeared to be in his mid thirties. His brown hairline was beginning to recede and the softness of his blue eyes mirrored that of his clean-shaven face. He wore a black coat over a dark grey casual dress shirt, and a black belt held up dark blue slacks that ended just over black shoes.

After the remaining fans had left, the Kimono Girls invited Donald and Josh into the back area. It was plainly colored with a soft pink hue. One of the sisters mixed up some green tea from powder for the group, and they conversed for an hour, moving fluidly from subject to subject. Donald kept to his experiences in the Pokémon world, so to avoid the ordeal of proving he was from another dimension.

Towards the middle of the conversation, the girl that had spoken with Donald before told Josh of Eiveen’s predicament. Josh said that he would be happy to help out a fellow Eeveelution trainer and released his Pokémon. A red light emerged from the Pokéball and molded itself into an Umbreon. The two Pokémon left the room and returned some time later. With a loud, drawn out yawn, Eiveen dramatically threw herself onto Donald’s feet and curled up to sleep; the Umbreon did much the same to Josh. The group chuckled at the two quadrupeds and the sleeping Pokémon were returned to their Pokéballs. The conversation continued for a while longer until, after they exhausted the last of their topics, the girls suggested that it was time to head home for the night. They thanked Donald and Josh for the company and saw them out.

Donald and Josh talked for a time as they walked through the city. Josh led the way as he explained that he had lived in almost every major city in Johto and had challenged all of the region’s gyms, though he had only won two badges. But he no longer trained Pokémon full time. Rather, he had retired for a calmer, more comfortable style of living, battling trainers that came through town as well as a few select friends. When inquired of the types of Pokémon he raised, he revealed that he specialized in Dark element Pokémon.

They came to sit on wood benches in the middle of town around eight PM and talked about Eiveen’s training patterns. After a few minutes, a woman came and introduced herself as Sumono. At first Donald didn’t recognize her, but Josh took out a wig and, with a sly smile, placed it on the woman’s head against her will. Then Donald realized she was one of the Kimono Sisters whom he had been talking with not an hour before. He told Donald that Sumono and her sisters were a few of those select friends he had mentioned before.

Josh and Sumono battled in the street, Vaporeon versus Sneasel. The confrontation was intense, and it drew a relatively large audience. The Pokémon seemed on par, but Josh’s Sneasel managed to win at the last second. Josh jested with Sumono post-battle, talking trash and again putting the wig on her. Donald found him hilarious, as were her responses. He wanted to stay, but a yawn forced its way out to remind him of the time of day in the real world. He bid his two new friends farewell and started off towards the Pokémon Center. When he was out of their sight he turned and went behind a building. He released Eiveen from her Pokéball and woke her up. She opened the portal and they stepped through. They promptly brushed their teeth and went to bed at four fifteen in the morning.
I make one typo and you get all uptight about it. Gosh you are so hard to please!

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Chapter 13: Call For Friend

A loud sound startled Donald awake. Eiveen was sleeping at his side, her face positioned towards his. She breathed silently a few times before snoring loudly. The sound was familiar. He sat up in bed to peer over at the clock. It was nearly noon, giving him almost eight hours of sleep. He lay back down but immediately shot up. Eiveen had snored loudly again, this time making his ear ring.

He climbed out of the bed, rubbed the sleep from his eyes, put on a pair of shorts, and walked around the house. Everyone was gone, so he opened a couple of cans of Spaghetti and Meatballs. As the food was heating in the microwave, he returned to his room to retrieve his books and notes. When he entered, a weak “Esp” greeted him, and he leaned over to the bed to give Eiveen a peck on the check. Suddenly she grabbed him under his arms and yanked him over herself. She proceeded to lick his face ravenously and then nuzzled him with her snout, purring. The process of licking then nuzzling was repeated a few times.

After about five minutes she hugged him so tight that he lost his breath. Her tail wagged passionately under the covers. With one final lick, she released him.

<Morning Daddy,> she said.

He slid off the bed and caught his breath as he sat on the floor. She crawled from beneath the covers and sat next to him, leaning into him with a big smile. He reached across and played with one of the tuffs of fur that hung under her ears, to which she joyfully squirmed and squealed as if it tickled. “I see you’re back to normal,” he said finally.

“Esp!”

“Hungry?” he inquired.

“Esp!”

“I fixed some Spaghetti and Meatballs. It should have cooled enough to eat.”

“Espeon!” she exclaimed happily. She licked his arm and pushed past it. As he continued to sort through his notes, he heard the microwave oven’s door open and both bowls being removed from the microwave. He called for her to leave his in the microwave. A few seconds later he heard a bowl bang on the glass turntable and the door close. He gathered the rest of his notes and went to get his lunch.

<Sorry dad,> she said with a cute smile from the table.

“For what?” He opened the microwave and found an empty, dirty bowl. He turned to her and muffled a laugh. “Okay, where is mine?”

<You might need to make yourself another. I was really hungry.>

With a sigh, he pulled out a new bowl and can. She came up with her own bowl, took the second from the microwave and laid them both on the ground before him.

“You can wash them, you’re a big girl,” he said, barely acknowledging her.

She shook her head. <More please.>

“Get a salad or something,” he replied. “Nothing but canned food isn’t really healthy.” He looked over to the loaf of French Bread and pointed to it. “Better yet, soak up the sauce.” She put the two bowls up on the counter and pulled over the loaf, and she tore off a couple big pieces of bread for herself. She asked him if he wanted any and he replied in the affirmative. She tore him off an equally large hunk and tossed the loaf back into place.

“Esp,” she called before tossing Donald his chunk. She then went around to the table with one bowl in her mouth and the other carefully positioned in the branch of her tail.

“Make two trips next time, please. Those bowls are ceramic and break on tile floors,” he cautioned her from the microwave. She replied with a hiss and began mopping up the sauce with the bread, smacking loudly as she chewed it. After they had finished eating, Donald inquired, “So, where is the egg?”
how could a pokemon wash dishes?

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Simple, she turns on the water, smacks the head of the soap dispenser a few times, draps the rag over her paw, and scrubs. Or she could just rinse it out and then put it in the dishwasher, which she would open with her tail since the model I follow has a little tab on the handle.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
*Disclaimer: I still have no affiliation with "The Girl's Restaurant"*

“Eeesp?” she returned.

“Isn’t there supposed to be an egg? That is what happens in the games; you leave two Pokémon at the daycare center, run off for a while, and return to be handed an egg.”

Eiveen just laughed. <Apparently the programmers got it wrong. But I know something is happening because I’ve never eaten this much in one sitting.>

“Yeah, it’s like you’re eating for twelve here.”

<Don’t jinx it!> she snapped at him. <I don’t want eleven little Eevees running around!> He chuckled and put bowls and silverware in the dishwasher.

“Time to study,” Donald said as he grabbed his notes.

<No!> Eiveen exclaimed and tackled him to the carpeted floor of the living room. Pages of notes scattered in the air and fell to the floor. She nuzzled and licked his face a couple times. <Play with me first.>

“Eiveen, I can’t…” he began, but Eiveen put her paw over his mouth, abruptly stopping him.

<…just play all day,> he continued mentally. <I need to prepare for finals.>

<Just for one hour. Please!> The face she made as she begged was too adorable to resist. They wrestled on the floor for about twenty minutes and then took a walk around the block. It was cloudy, so despite being half an hour after noon, it wasn’t too hot outside. When they returned, forty minutes had elapsed. She immediately grabbed him by the shirt tail and pulled him towards the bathroom. <You can’t study when sweaty.> He rolled his eyes and grudgingly agreed.

After the bath, she finally let him study, but only if he let her hang around with him. When he sat in the recliner, she sat in his lap. And when he lay on the sofa or across his bed, she lay on his back. When he finally took a break, she requested that he play his Gameboy for her. After thirty minutes of game play, he reread a chapter. While he did, Eiveen found something else to eat and settled beside him on the bed.

The family got home when he was on the last page. The sound of crinkling plastic bags got Eiveen’s attention and she hoped off the bed with her bowl to see what they had brought home. They had gone to The Girl’s Restaurant and the supermarket. After Andrew had put the first bag of groceries on the counter, Eiveen appeared out of nowhere, standing on her hind legs, and gave him a big hug while simultaneously saying <Uncle Andrew!>

Andrew jumped with a start, and then rolled his eyes. He patted her on the back and volunteered her to help with the groceries. Once they were all in, Eiveen and Kathy began putting them away. Then they joined David to watch the network news.

Meanwhile, Donald finished the chapter and moved immediately into studying his notes again. After going through them a few times, he felt confident that they were down pat. He looked around and suddenly realized that Eiveen was gone. Then he looked outside and saw it was getting dark. He decided he had studied enough for one day and joined his parents in the living room.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
As soon as he had lain down on the sofa, Eiveen hopped up and laid on his belly and licked his face. Then she scooted back a couple inches and set her head on his chest so that she could continue watching TV. Donald folded his arms around her and she loosely wrapped her tail around his leg. They had leftovers about an hour later after the family meeting and then went to bed.

He woke up early the next morning for class. His last class was cancelled for the day, so he came home early. Kathy, Eiveen, and Donald decided to go for a walk around the block. Usually, the three of them walked and talked together the entire way. But this time, Eiveen paid more attention to Kathy, leaving Donald a couple paces behind.

As the two girls communicated telepathically, Donald got the feeling that he was letting go of Eiveen. He felt the distance develop between Eiveen and himself, and for a moment it seemed as if he didn’t care about being with her anymore. He had never felt this before, but for some reason, he felt that the relationship he had developed with the Espeon was beginning to wane. He didn’t like the feeling at all. In fact, it saddened him. He fell a couple more paces behind as he became lost in thought, fighting the creeping sadness that more and more threatened to overwhelm him.

He remembered the Pokémon episode in Season one in which Pikachu nearly left Ash for the nest of wild Pikachu. He didn’t mind if she took to the rest of the family, but he felt the relationship he had with her beginning to dissolve. Finally, he took a deep breath to bring himself to and quickened his pace. He didn’t want Eiveen to leave him; he liked the relationship he had with her. And he wanted to preserve it. He quickly caught up with them and got on the other side of Eiveen. He stroked the velvety fur on her back, and she turned to him with a smile and said, <Sorry dad, girl talk,> before returning to Kathy.

“Well, wasn’t that a nice walk?” Kathy offered when the trio returned home.

“Esp!” Eiveen replied happily.

“Yep, sure was,” Donald returned.

Eiveen and Kathy both went into the kitchen to start on dinner as Donald went to his room to study. He had just grabbed his notebook when he turned and noticed he was alone in his room. Suddenly, he felt a cold loneliness wash over him. He slowly lowered himself to sit on his bed and lowered his head into his free hand.

Eiveen, he thought to himself. Are we, coming apart?

He remembered how just yesterday she had been crawling all over him, and how he had ignored her for the most part. Now a guilty feeling stirred inside him. He had to have sat there for ten minutes reminiscing before he dropped the notebook. He walked out of his room and into the kitchen.

“Hey,” he said, getting both Eiveen’s and Kathy’s attention. His eyes were focused on the Pokémon. “I can’t study well without you. Come on.”

Eiveen’s eyes lit up and she beamed a smile. Quickly, gently, she nuzzled Kathy’s side and then jumped onto Donald, who caught her rather than let himself be tackled. Then they went into his room and jumped his bed. He grabbed his notebook, but before opening it, he leaned over and let his head rest against hers. Then she said, <I missed you, daddy.>

His eyes began to tear up when she said it. “Me too, Eiveen,” he replied as he hugged her tightly, and she returned it equally strong. They rocked back and forth, embracing the moment as much as each other. Then she looked up and licked his cheek. <You should get started.>

<Actually,> he thought to her. <I was hoping we could study like old times.> Again she beamed a smile and then touched her nose to his with a giggle.

<Okay, where are you at? > she asked. From there they studied for two hours straight until Kathy called them to the dinner table.
You guys actually being a the dinner table together sounds like your mother's perfect miracle.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
It happens more often than you might think at my place; holidays and randomly throughout the year. It's actually kind of nice for a change. All that really needs to take place is family interaction apart from the Symphony of Chewing.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Chapter 14: An Eggsausting Ordeal

A few days after Donald’s last final, Eiveen’s belly bulged out on either side, evidence of the eggs inside her. And it seemed that everyday her belly grew larger, as if more eggs formed each morning. Donald noticed that her dome seemed to be glowing all the time, but half the time she wasn’t talking to him, even when they were alone. He asked Kathy, Andrew, and David, but none of them talked with her. He phoned his two best friends, and neither of them had talked to Eiveen either.

So one day he finally asked her why her dome was constantly glowing. She replied that she was talking to some people in the World of Pokémon, trying to find a way to continue training until the eggs were laid. She was ready to strengthen her Special attack and learn her first Psychic element attack, an event she was especially excited about. There was a trainer, a Psychic, who had recently come to Stone Town to trade. She had been talking with him, and he was looking forward to training with her.

The next day, her belly grew again, but only on one side. Donald asked her if she was curious about how many eggs she was carrying and suggested that they go to Ecruteak City’s Pokémon Center to see how many and for how long she would carry them. She decided to wait on going to Ecruteak until she was sure no more eggs would form.

He knew that Eiveen was unable to train and that that fact was simply driving her crazy; she was one of those that always had to be doing something. Donald offered to read to her to help pass the days. She happily accepted and laid gently on his bed as he pulled out the next book in a series by his favorite author. For hours he read silently, going through one chapter after another while Eiveen followed along by reading his thoughts.

The next morning they woke up around six. Her belly hadn’t grown so they went into the World of Pokémon first thing. There, it was ten at night. When Eiveen arrived in the Pokémon Center with the large belly, Nurse Joy’s eyes grew wide with surprise.

“Oh my goodness,” she said in astonishment.

“Hi Nurse Joy,” Donald greeted her. “Eiveen here is heavy with eggs. Could you tell us how many she’s got?”

She nodded, still awestruck, and invited them into the back. She instructed Eiveen onto a machine and started pressing buttons. “Most Pokémon carry just one egg at a time,” she said as she worked. “It is unusual for there to be more than three. I do apologize for staring when you entered. It is just that she is obviously carrying more than five. This is a very rare occurrence that most nurses do not have the opportunity to witness.”

“Oh, I do understand the rarity of this, Nurse Joy,” Donald answered. “I had a completely different idea in mind when it came to eggs.”

The scan revealed that Eiveen was carrying seven eggs. Eiveen’s mouth dropped open when she heard it, and Donald slowly realized how rare it really was. They spent some time with Nurse Joy and she went over what was to be expected. Then they returned to the real world, where Donald picked up the book and read more for the Espeon.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
The next day, Eiveen went to Stone Town and met with the Psychic. He was in the process of trading his Hypno for a Kadabra, and when it evolved into Alakazam, the three older Battling Eevee Brothers made their presence known with an ecstatic round of applause. After the evolution, Pyro and Rainer challenged the two Psychics to a battle to celebrate. The two Eeveelutions fought hard and struggled against the psychic powers of Hypno and Alakazam, and their efforts were rewarded with victory. After the battle, there were introductions, where Eiveen finally met face to face the Psychic she had been communicating with. She was invited to drop by the next day to begin training, and she quickly agreed.

Eiveen returned to the real world, got lunch and asked Donald to return to his book. The next day Eiveen trained in Stone Town for hours on end trying to muster her Psychic abilities so that she could put them to use in battle. The focus at first was reaching the milestone of bending spoons, a feat that so many human psychics tried to reach each day. The Psychic instructed her on various levels; meditation, focusing, reaching out. He often released his Pokémon to give her additional instruction. And after many long hours, she had a breakthrough, and she laid herself out on some soft dirt to rest.

She longed to have Donald read to her now; the story was nearing the climax, and she was exhausted from unlocking her powers. She reached out with her mind, without opening a portal, trying to reach the real world. She used the teachings that had enabled her to use her psychic powers and finally connected with Donald across dimensions. Enthusiastically, she described how she had had a breakthrough in her training and asked him to read some of the book to her. Of course he agreed.

When she stood up to return to her training, Mikey ran up with Espeon and gave her some suggestions. Then his brothers came up behind him and started digging for stones around where she had been resting. Pyro almost immediately found a Fire Stone, about which he bragged long after Eiveen had left to train.

The rest of the day in the World of Pokémon was spent teaching Eiveen to use a Psychic element attack. When she arrived home that night, she pulled her head up and yawned deeply. As she finished the yawn, a mysterious beam shot from her dome and went just over Donald’s head. He ducked with a yelp and hid behind the sofa. Then, in the cheeriest voice, she said, <Daddy, I learned Psybeam!> and shuffled over and grabbed him in a hug. Shortly after that, she retired to bed, enervated.

Later that night, Eiveen stirred awake to an intense burning sensation in her belly. She felt like screaming it hurt so much, but she didn’t. At least at first. She twisted and squirmed, trying desperately to end the pain. But she failed to find relief. She began to cry silently to herself as the relentless burning continued. Suddenly she noticed that the source of burning was one of the eggs. That revelation brought a cold rush of fear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff