Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
ELSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

And dammit Emma, you shouldn't have rescued that prisoner. Now you ******** up Regina's 2nd chance at happiness.

Dedicated Hunter

33,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
Great, thanks to the season finale I have that song from frozen stuck in my head...
Now I can see Regina or Emma saying "Why can't she have tropical powers?".

Fuzzy Fairy

14,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bookworm 100

Loved the finale!
Poor Regina though.
But eeeeee Elsa! Can't wait to see how they handle her.
Hm, I’ll be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of how the season finale was approached. I think a lot of potential was wasted with the trip to the past. I really hope that there are more repercussions to Emma and Hook going back than just Robin getting his dead wife back. I mean come on, they could have completely reworked some storylines and reintroduced some characters we didn’t get to see much of (like Felix and Pan or Graham). But no, they just reworked the Snow and Charming story. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I just wish that they could have done more. That trip to the past could have easily been a multi-episode affair, a starting point for the next season. There was certainly a lot of potential with Rumple that they didn’t act on.

That said, I did love the Rumple/Bell wedding! And naming the Charming son after Neal!?! That was just perfect! I kind of like the idea of bringing in Robin’s dead wife to screw with his “true love” with Regina. But, like I said before, I really think that should have been put off until after some more s**t went down in the past.

Now as for the Elsa from Frozen introduction, I am not happy about that. Not in the least. Now, I’m not too sure how many fans of the show are aware of this, but the 75th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz just passed by. I don’t care what you say. There is NO WAY that it was just a coincidence that the Wicked Witch just happened to get introduced in the same season that lines up with the 75th anniversary of the film. That was intentional. And that’s cool. The Wizard of Oz is undeniably a classic. And it plays into a theme from Once that I just love, the retelling of classic stories we all heard/saw as children. That said, I don’t think Frozen has any right to be included in the Once universe. Okay, I understand that it’s a popular movie. I will acknowledge that it won an Oscar and that it was probably the best kid movie of the year. But here’s the thing, Frozen hasn’t even been out for a year yet. Yeah, it is based off of a classic fairytale. But the situation is just like the one with the Wicked Witch, do you really think it’s just a coincidence that they chose to introduce the Snow Queen right after Frozen came out? No way. Now I suppose this isn’t the biggest deal to most fans. But here’s my fear, if Once is starting to lean towards promoting newer releases and anniversaries, what does that say about the future of the show? Are these decisions coming from the creators themselves? Or is this the result of corporate string pulling in an attempt to draw in more viewers? I don’t know about you all, but I’m a bit fearful of the path this show is dangerously close to walking.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I think Elsa and Regina need to become best of friends. They've both have had to endure in such drastically different ways. The thing is though Elsa is NOT evil she's unable to control her powers. So is it possible this is a sequel of sorts to Frozen? Maybe she somehow got imprisoned (maybe for not being the "evil" person they thought she'd be) and stolen away from her land?

All right so I love Elsa. I am so down over Elsa. I loved Frozen (yeah it had some issues) but their portrayal of Elsa I was one I could portray (with her depression and anxiety)....

BUT I feel like Disney is having to remind us that "Hey! We own ABC! So we own OUAT too! Hence the product placement of Mickey Mouse and the insertion of Elsa!"

I love Elsa but I do not want this to be the norm. I don't want to see Disney insert its presence like this. At least with Ariel while Disney did the movie was based on a fairy tale. With Elsa, the movie Frozen was loosely based on a fairy tale but loosely enough that it's going to feel odd seeing Elsa as the Snow Queen of the fairy tale... I don't think Disney would want their characters vilified like this.

Regina has a point about actions having consequences. I feel as if that the Charmings have this manner of living that they sort of barge through life making their choices not thinking about the consequences. However since they're the "good" side of the fairy tale they're like a cat that has nine lives, that they're always going to land on their feet etc.

What was Emma thinking? She had to have realized that not screwing up the timeline would include bringing someone back as well... Poor Regina.

I want Robin to be happy about Marian but to remember Regina. He had already moved on. I hope that he remembers to treat Regina kindly, patiently, compassionately etc. Regina's basically lost loved her true love twice. At least with Daniel there was a finality to it, then and when she brought him back again... with this... it's going to sting that much more because she'll see him. She's going to struggle with the "evil" side and the "good" side/light magic that she has within her... Zelena had issues of jealousy and Regina had issues of bitterness.

I wonder what Elsa will have? Issues of betrayal? Anger?

Man-Hungry Receiver

I'M SO FRUSTRATED ABOUT THE SEASON FINALE. EMMA SHOULD HAVE ******** LISTENED TO HOOK. emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein emotion_bigvein I'M SERIOUSLY CRYING FOR REGINA RIGHT NOW

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I loved most of the finale... But introducing Elsa... I hope she's vastly different from the movie. I don't know, its just, why would Rumple have her locked up with dangerous and uncontrollable magics unless she is dangerous and uncontrollable. I mean think of Elsa from the beginning of the movie. What if her parents, desperate after all other attempts to get her to learn to control her ice powers have failed, take her to Rumple and he fails too, but decides to imprison her and her powers. He sends her parents away, possibly taking away their memory, maybe not, and Anna becomes queen.
The problem is I can't see where this storyline might be going... unless Anna is another double character and we've already met her, but really even then... I don't know. Elsa can't have an agenda but they seemed to play it like she was the villain and totally unsurprised by the situation.
I'm very wary about this storyline, I'm not sure its going to be any good.

Gracious Wolf

I can't believe how excited I got watching them kind of modernize OUAT ... I think I was more excited to know exactly who was showing up rather than wonder for the next few months or so in anticipation to figure it out.

As long as OUAT does not become some kind of a long drawn out musical, they should be just fine. They've worked a script before (peter pan got really really dull) and keep coming back, who's to say this is going to break them? Going to give this new season a chance and see what comes out of it. Oh the impatience is building! Lol!

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
i was actually surprised dat they actually bought Elsa in diz story, i'd never even thought they'd actually do dat lol :O when i saw her hair and her outfit, and she did dat frozen spell thing once she got outta da blue goo…OMG i instantly thought of Elsa! eek diz is gonna be rly cool lol i wonder how are things gonna change once she comes into storybrook and how da rest of da group are gonna deal with her o.o ahh…i can't wait till da next episode! 0_0

plus def. poor Regina! D: just when she was get'n along with Robin, he finally finds his (used to be) dead wife Marian, then Regina is all crying damn Emma for bringing her back from da past, and she didn't even know how big of a consequence dat'd be to bring someone back from da back, and how it'll effect things…>_< tho i kinda wish she hadn't brought her back, and just let things flow as time were meant to be…i mean, just like if Emma didn't break da branch off of da tree Snow was on, Prince Charming and Emma were meant to meet up with each other…just wish Emma didn't have to change anyth'n while she and Hook were in da past… neutral now i feel sorry for Regina…=/ she and Robin were get'n along so well and they loved each other, and she was talk'n bout how she first saw him and everything…i feel like her world was gonna come crash'n down once she saw Marian and Robin back 2gether again…i'd prob. feel sad and pissed off i i were her too… confused

*edit*: i also luved Rumple and Bell's wedding! ^_^ they look so happy 2gether! X3 i think da actor and da actress dat plays those characters should date RL too lol dat'd be pretty cool :3 welp can't wait to see what Elsa brings to diz show =) hopefully it turns out well ^^

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
I didn't get to watch all of the finale because our power went out due to the storms we were getting, unfortunately.

Did get to see some of it like 29 minutes of the end of it. Not enough of it to figured out what all that had happened but enough to see that
Emma's with Hook now?, Rumple marries Belle, Emma messes up Regina's second chance at a happy ending, and to see possibly Elsa from Frozen being brought into the OUAT plot for next season( although I have yet to see the movie, I recognize her because a few of my friends were obsessed with the movie xD )

I feel sad for Regina and feel like that this is sort like having history repeat itself in a way. Like the whole 'Like mother, like daughter' aspect. I don't get why Emma wanted to save her when it was probably apparent that they shouldn't have interfered with history. I can understand wanting to save a life but everything they witnessed was pretty much history to them. There are consequences to changing things in the past. There's probably going to be more than Regina having to struggle with the evil and the thought of loosing her second chance at happiness as a consequence to messing around with things like they did.

Wintry Avenger

I haven't seen the particular cartoon the newest character is being siphoned from, so I've got no idea what to expect. I should probably get on that, but I figure OUAT will completely destroy the character if I wind up liking it, so...maybe I'll wait until the season premiere in Sept/October, lol.

Minority vote here (possibly here, it's a minority vote everywhere else), but I like Emma with Hook. If she can't have grown-up Pinocchio, then Hook is my next fave for her. I loved Neal, but he did do the whole "I'm sure I know better than you what's good for you, so I'll leave you for your own sake," thing. Meanwhile, Hook reformed his shitty ways nearly completely out of love for her, and I like that.

But if they use what happened with Robin as an excuse to flip Regina back on her evil side, IDK. I didn't like that she was magically better, anyway. She's a murdering b***h (which is actually why she's my favorite character) who wasn't really redeemable. Like Gold. They've done too many horrible things to be forgiven so quickly, so I kinda hope they both go back to villainy. Sorta.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
EMMA.
You had one job to do.
Don't mess with the time line.
Then, you go and rescue a woman who was supposed to have died and brought her back to Storybrooke to screw over Regina's happiness with Robin.

Great going there, Savior.

But at least she's not stringing Hook along anymore. Finally, she accepted her love for him.
Dat kiss~ heart

As for Elsa, yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Frozen. I am, however, interested in seeing how they portray the character.
Hopefully the writers will explain basic things that the movie failed to do. Like, how did Elsa get her powers?

Friendly Fatcat

9,425 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
i love this show. saw the finale and cried! boo hoo hoo!! bell married to rumple, emma's baby bro, named for neal, oh how sweet. hook, prince charles??? emma, princess leia??? hahahaha. marion brought back by emma, and messed up with regina!!!!!! will regina return to her old ways????? stay tuned to the same witch channel. same witch time???? to find out. and for the new season..... do things look to be getting a little "FROZEN"?????? we'll see! stay tuned!!!!

Magical Girl

I wasn't into Once Upon a Time until I heard about them bringing the gals from FROZEN into the mix (and the season's last episode proved to be an indicator!). I may just start watching this show just for Elsa.

Invisible Fairy

Infectious Biscuit
Hm, I’ll be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of how the season finale was approached. I think a lot of potential was wasted with the trip to the past. I really hope that there are more repercussions to Emma and Hook going back than just Robin getting his dead wife back. I mean come on, they could have completely reworked some storylines and reintroduced some characters we didn’t get to see much of (like Felix and Pan or Graham). But no, they just reworked the Snow and Charming story. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I just wish that they could have done more. That trip to the past could have easily been a multi-episode affair, a starting point for the next season. There was certainly a lot of potential with Rumple that they didn’t act on.

That said, I did love the Rumple/Bell wedding! And naming the Charming son after Neal!?! That was just perfect! I kind of like the idea of bringing in Robin’s dead wife to screw with his “true love” with Regina. But, like I said before, I really think that should have been put off until after some more s**t went down in the past.

Now as for the Elsa from Frozen introduction, I am not happy about that. Not in the least. Now, I’m not too sure how many fans of the show are aware of this, but the 75th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz just passed by. I don’t care what you say. There is NO WAY that it was just a coincidence that the Wicked Witch just happened to get introduced in the same season that lines up with the 75th anniversary of the film. That was intentional. And that’s cool. The Wizard of Oz is undeniably a classic. And it plays into a theme from Once that I just love, the retelling of classic stories we all heard/saw as children. That said, I don’t think Frozen has any right to be included in the Once universe. Okay, I understand that it’s a popular movie. I will acknowledge that it won an Oscar and that it was probably the best kid movie of the year. But here’s the thing, Frozen hasn’t even been out for a year yet. Yeah, it is based off of a classic fairytale. But the situation is just like the one with the Wicked Witch, do you really think it’s just a coincidence that they chose to introduce the Snow Queen right after Frozen came out? No way. Now I suppose this isn’t the biggest deal to most fans. But here’s my fear, if Once is starting to lean towards promoting newer releases and anniversaries, what does that say about the future of the show? Are these decisions coming from the creators themselves? Or is this the result of corporate string pulling in an attempt to draw in more viewers? I don’t know about you all, but I’m a bit fearful of the path this show is dangerously close to walking.

The producers did want this, they chose it full heartedly. This can tell you a little more. They fell in love and thought it fit perfectly in what they play with. I agree with them, and not just because I was a fan of the movie, she does had a Once feel to her. She has a perfect spot amongst the ranks of misunderstood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff