Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Agent

21,440 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Loki Loves Mischief

Lost? Really? I wasn't getting any sort of Lost feel, and I loved Lost. I suppose that's something specific I wanted that I'm not feeling yet, the twists they put on the old stories so far have not impressed me or caught my attention. The story or the characters have not yet made me care what happens to them or the world they live in. But, it's still very early into the show that I am, so that's why I'm not dropping it yet. What else should I want from the show I'm just starting, if not the things I named above? I'm not even looking for anything flashy like big sword fights and action. Maybe what's irking me the most are the characters and the dialogue. Emma the most, who seems really bland to me.

And I never meant to compare Game of Thrones to the show, but really, of all the shows I love that are currently on TV, I feel like it's a cut above all of them, so it's not just Once that I love it more than.

Of all that you mentioned would be great if I actually start to enjoy the show after a few more episodes. I'll just have to wait and see if it ends up striking my fancy. If not, well I suppose it just wasn't for me.

Not only is there a Lost feel, there are Lost references made in many episodes. There are Apollo bars and there's frequent numerology. In one of the later episodes, the plane shows up. A character has a room full of clocks. There is really a lot of nifty little details if you're looking. The Lost references are small, but they are there and in a few episodes. You have to sit back and be observant. You have to be a thinker, but you can't overly pick and nitpick at the same time because then you overshoot the intended hidden messages or hidden things.

The things you mentioned are just general, is what I'm pointing out. It's so general all I can really do is just say is that it's all a matter of opinion. I feel the series has this. You can honestly just argue yes or no and turn it into a playground argument. That it's all a matter of opinion. What you want is going to be like an ice cream flavor. It's like how I don't care for Game of Thrones, don't think it's very good in writing, don't really care for how the transition from book to tv was made, and only really think there's merit in one or two characters. Same situation. Different series. It's an opinion.

In return, I think Once is creative. It takes a different approach to things. It makes a curse real and turns what could be a trope some of us are used to (delusional child searching for family member) and makes it into something different by making the curse real. I like the characters. They are interesting. They take pieces of who they were in a past life and make them into different, yet similar people who are cursed to, simply stated, never be fully happy. And they just don't know why. They're people. They're real. They're like people I know in my life. I know a lot of Emmas. I know an Archie or two. I know a Leroy. I know a Ruby. I know tons of these people, and it just kind of makes you think sometimes.

So when it gets down to it, you're looking to see if it fits your line up or if it'll click with you. If it clicks, keep watching. As stated, I hated episode two. All Regina-centric episodes I do not enjoy. I will only watch them for the side character interactions and other plots.

Some episodes I squeal for. Some I generally like. Some I hate. Overall I really love the series. It's a very mixed bag and has something for mostly everyone.

This kinda goes towards a lot of other people who have questions about Once and taking a dive into a new series, since the whole thing is on Netflix right now.

Adorable Agent

21,440 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Rebuilder 100
hello hoshi
I've really enjoyed Once Upon a Time!

I've came to a conclusion lately though- its like the majority of the characters don't get what they want. Lol
Even their characters in the book, like Grumpy doesn't get his dream. Red is actually a werewolf and.. Well poor Peter, Rumple looses Belle.

Is this just me?

Peter, OM NOM NOM. WHAT BODY?

No, most characters do not get the happily ever after...that we have seen...just yet. We've only seen parts of the story. We've seen mostly Snow White, Regina, and Rumplestiltskin's story. We have not seen Dreamy/Grumpy's whole story, we have not seen the gaps within Jiminy, Geppetto, and Pinocchio's story, we have not seen the time in between Red's story. We are going to be touching on more "one-shot" characters and the other multiple story characters which is awesome.

But as we've seen, no happily ever afters for them.

Plus with the pilot, this is a place where the Evil Queen, Regina, has "won". It's her world. Think if you will, a pretty demented Sims game where she controls everything, including everyone's happiness.

But um. With Dreamy! Notice that Dreamy is still allowed to run off, he's just really chastised...but he still tells Nova what he does. So um. Can't wait to see what exactly happened because Dreamy/Grumpy...then says something about the fairies owing the Seven Dwarfs. Mighty cool when they show up.

Also have to take into account about Grumpy being betrayed and in jail for that diamond. How'd that all work out, right? So. Grumpy may have had something...!

And seriously from what we see, Jiminy Cricket lives a life of guilt. Immortal cricket guilt.

...Life kinda sucks no matter where they go.

SO HOPEFULLY! Hopefully with more episodes we get to see more...
One more week! biggrin
One more week! One more week! One more week! I really hope they don't ignore the fact that Red has to deal with killing Peter again.

Adorable Agent

21,440 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Rebuilder 100
tallblondnloud
One more week! One more week! One more week! I really hope they don't ignore the fact that Red has to deal with killing Peter again.

He's...dead. Dead in the past world, you don't come back to that world. He's gone. There's no Peter.

There's also no magic hood for Red so if you dig up some interviews, they said they'd have to touch on Ruby being the wolf.

...Happy Full Moon, anybody?
DocLight
tallblondnloud

He's...dead. Dead in the past world, you don't come back to that world. He's gone. There's no Peter.

There's also no magic hood for Red so if you dig up some interviews, they said they'd have to touch on Ruby being the wolf.

...Happy Full Moon, anybody?
Full Moon should be fun. Hell it could be more often due to the strange magic. I'm not sure the cloak would do anything if that was the case. I know Peters dead. What I mean is she'll wake up and have to deal with the fact that she killed Peter all over again.

Sweet Gaian

AHHH!! I can't wait to watch this next Sunday!! xd

Adorable Agent

21,440 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Rebuilder 100
tallblondnloud
Full Moon should be fun. Hell it could be more often due to the strange magic. I'm not sure the cloak would do anything if that was the case. I know Peters dead. What I mean is she'll wake up and have to deal with the fact that she killed Peter all over again.

FUNNY TO SAY THIS.

Episode... Seven. Will deal with this! Ahahaha. >:3

We're also gonna learn more about Billy the Tow truck driver, the guy Ruby flirts with every time he's in an episode and scene with Ruby.

...I'm game, Oncers. I like Billy. He's awfully cute.

We're also getting Anita and Quinn intoduced and no, I'm not telling anything about them. Nope. Nada. Zilch. Nothing in my noggin.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I cannot wait for Once Upon a Time to return.

Definitely one of the better drama's on TV right now.

Anxious Gawker

I love OUAT :3 I even started an RP account on Tumblr, though no one is rping with me yet :[
I can't wait for Season 2!

Familiar Hunter

11,815 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
emotion_brofist
Love this show i just finished it on netfix and am waiting for the new episode tomorrow i wander what Rumpelstiltskin is gonna do next now that magic has returned and everyone's back in their own mind emotion_c8

Familiar Hunter

11,815 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Lylith123
I am making a Rumple/Mr. Gold plush, so whenever something bad happens to Mr. Gold, I just hug my plush, because Mr. Gold just needs a hug sometimes.

xD mrgreen emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome

Familiar Hunter

11,815 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SuperSailorMeirue
I love OnceUponATime!
I actually got my mom into it since we have a love for fiction in shows and books. Who ever said the dragon was epic, i have to agree! i love the fairytail back story for each ep! And the timing is really good! I just kept getting wound up every sunday and i'm ready to see the new season! When does it start?!
Tomorrow !
24 hours
left to go....
till we see our Show...

Magical Pumpkin

14,150 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
JLJ-x
SuperSailorMeirue
I love OnceUponATime!
I actually got my mom into it since we have a love for fiction in shows and books. Who ever said the dragon was epic, i have to agree! i love the fairytail back story for each ep! And the timing is really good! I just kept getting wound up every sunday and i'm ready to see the new season! When does it start?!
Tomorrow !

i'm psyched! i've been recapping the first season this week ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas