Welcome to Gaia! ::

thebestrose828
Charmed_1001
Okay for all of those who have been watching the show. I want to know what your opinion about anything to do with the show. And who is this new guy that just came to town. Whats the deal with him. Cause as far as we know no one can leave or really come to Story Brook. Something has to be special about him. I want to know what everyone else thinks!
I just want to say I love your name and I am a super huge fan of the show Charmed. (If that's what your name is about, if not, awkward.)

gaia_angelright Yes It has everything to do with charmed, I absolutly love the show, and was obsessed with watching it for a while before Once Upon A Time came out, I haven't watched it in a while but I know I stopped somewhere after Leo becomes a higher up white lighter guy. i actually can not remember what the proper term for it is lol. smile gaia_angelleft
Charmed_1001
thebestrose828
Charmed_1001
Okay for all of those who have been watching the show. I want to know what your opinion about anything to do with the show. And who is this new guy that just came to town. Whats the deal with him. Cause as far as we know no one can leave or really come to Story Brook. Something has to be special about him. I want to know what everyone else thinks!
I just want to say I love your name and I am a super huge fan of the show Charmed. (If that's what your name is about, if not, awkward.)

gaia_angelright Yes It has everything to do with charmed, I absolutly love the show, and was obsessed with watching it for a while before Once Upon A Time came out, I haven't watched it in a while but I know I stopped somewhere after Leo becomes a higher up white lighter guy. i actually can not remember what the proper term for it is lol. smile gaia_angelleft
Lol, the proper term for it would be an Elder, and you should totally watch all of it, it's absolutely awesome, especially cause in the last season all the sisters find someone.
thebestrose828
Charmed_1001
thebestrose828
Charmed_1001

Lol, the proper term for it would be an Elder, and you should totally watch all of it, it's absolutely awesome, especially cause in the last season all the sisters find someone.

gaia_angelright That sounds awsome! I can not wait to watch the rest of it, when I really get some time. smile gaia_angelleft
Rumbelle <3

Shapeshifter

Fluke
August W. Booth is Pinocchio.

I didn't come up with this on my own. I saw a couple other people post that idea, and the more I think about it, the more it makes perfect sense. Here's the evidence:

1) If we take Gepetto's words in the pilot: "Me and my boy, we can do it." (in regards to making the magical wardrobe) then that means that Pinocchio was directly involved with the creation of it. Furthermore, How did Gepetto KNOW when he'd finished? There must have been a determined stopping point. You wouldn't just throw the supposed savior in there without knowing what would happen. Which brings me to point two.

2) Gepetto could have thrown Pinocchio into the wardrobe to test it. This would cause Pinocchio to be thrown into our world presumably at about the same time and place that Emma was thrown into. This idea stands up when you take a moment to recall that baby Emma was discovered by the side of the road by a 7 YEAR OLD BOY.

3) August says "Say what you want about me, but I never lie." Nose growing jokes aside, it works with Pinocchio's character.

4) Remember: Gepetto says in the pilot episode that He and his wife tried for years to have a child, but it was not meant to be. So, unless he is in a similar situation to Paige/Grace and living with another family, Pinocchio would have to be somewhere outside of Storybrooke. And given that Pinocchio would have spent the last 28 years outside of Storybrooke, in the same exact manner that Emma was, explains why he was able come to town like Emma did.

5) The fact he shows up after Emma's arrival in Storybrooke says something too. Since Pinocchio knew about the prophecy, he would have know to return in 28 years to help Emma. Emma is probably in town for about a month and a half before he shows up, but seeing as he's apparently never been to town, he probably had to track Emma down after her birthday, cuz he wouldn't have known WHERE they were all being trapped.

6) One person has suggested that his initials A.W.B. might also stand for A Wooden Boy.

7) He probably also the author of the book. Knowing the prophecy and knowing probably most of the stories for all the characters, he would have easily been able to write the book. (I believe he was repairing the book, OR adding a few pages to it here and there.)

cool He might have had something to do with Mr. Gold finding Henry to give to Regina (mentioned in episode 2) After all. how did Mr. Gold find Henry of all people, in PHOENIX, AZ, if he was stuck in Storybrooke.

9) Last bit: (Slight spoiler, highlight to read) The Pinocchio episode coming up is called "The Stranger".

This evidence does prove August is Pinocchio. Everything that you've summed up perfectly makes sense. I have to be honest that I have never thought of some of your speculation before, and it surprises me because it was right there. For example, August's initials A.W.B. and its hidden (maybe?) meaning 'A wooden boy'.

I wouldn't be surprised if August is both Pinocchio and the author of the book. We already had an example similar to this one, with Ruby (Little Red Riding Hood) being the wolf. If she could do this, why can't he?
If this is the case, then I am way happier than before! Personally because Pinocchio is one of my favourite fairytale characters and I love August too xD

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Aer Fresh
Fluke
August W. Booth is Pinocchio.

I didn't come up with this on my own. I saw a couple other people post that idea, and the more I think about it, the more it makes perfect sense. Here's the evidence:

1) If we take Gepetto's words in the pilot: "Me and my boy, we can do it." (in regards to making the magical wardrobe) then that means that Pinocchio was directly involved with the creation of it. Furthermore, How did Gepetto KNOW when he'd finished? There must have been a determined stopping point. You wouldn't just throw the supposed savior in there without knowing what would happen. Which brings me to point two.

2) Gepetto could have thrown Pinocchio into the wardrobe to test it. This would cause Pinocchio to be thrown into our world presumably at about the same time and place that Emma was thrown into. This idea stands up when you take a moment to recall that baby Emma was discovered by the side of the road by a 7 YEAR OLD BOY.

3) August says "Say what you want about me, but I never lie." Nose growing jokes aside, it works with Pinocchio's character.

4) Remember: Gepetto says in the pilot episode that He and his wife tried for years to have a child, but it was not meant to be. So, unless he is in a similar situation to Paige/Grace and living with another family, Pinocchio would have to be somewhere outside of Storybrooke. And given that Pinocchio would have spent the last 28 years outside of Storybrooke, in the same exact manner that Emma was, explains why he was able come to town like Emma did.

5) The fact he shows up after Emma's arrival in Storybrooke says something too. Since Pinocchio knew about the prophecy, he would have know to return in 28 years to help Emma. Emma is probably in town for about a month and a half before he shows up, but seeing as he's apparently never been to town, he probably had to track Emma down after her birthday, cuz he wouldn't have known WHERE they were all being trapped.

6) One person has suggested that his initials A.W.B. might also stand for A Wooden Boy.

7) He probably also the author of the book. Knowing the prophecy and knowing probably most of the stories for all the characters, he would have easily been able to write the book. (I believe he was repairing the book, OR adding a few pages to it here and there.)

cool He might have had something to do with Mr. Gold finding Henry to give to Regina (mentioned in episode 2) After all. how did Mr. Gold find Henry of all people, in PHOENIX, AZ, if he was stuck in Storybrooke.

9) Last bit: (Slight spoiler, highlight to read) The Pinocchio episode coming up is called "The Stranger".

This evidence does prove August is Pinocchio. Everything that you've summed up perfectly makes sense. I have to be honest that I have never thought of some of your speculation before, and it surprises me because it was right there. For example, August's initials A.W.B. and its hidden (maybe?) meaning 'A wooden boy'.

I wouldn't be surprised if August is both Pinocchio and the author of the book. We already had an example similar to this one, with Ruby (Little Red Riding Hood) being the wolf. If she could do this, why can't he?
If this is the case, then I am way happier than before! Personally because Pinocchio is one of my favourite fairytale characters and I love August too xD

XD I'm going to feel a little weird about it if it's true. I never cared much about Pinocchio, I always found the disney movie a little odd, and I've only read bits of the original book, and it's rather nutty. But especially crazy for me, is that August is HOTT. With 2 t's. And I'd have to get used to the idea of thinking that Pinocchio is sexy. It boggles my mind.

(Goes and googles pictures of Robert Carlyle. I still need to watch the Full Monty. Nekkid Carlyle. W00t )
i lust have a few questions, what is this show about and it sounds interesting so how can i watch it? can i find it on the internet like on you tube or is on TV?
sonicboom112
Ok I no exactly who the weird guy is. ITS THE LITTLE KIDS FATHER! (ive watched every episode but I cant remember his name the kids name) it makes total sense. He has had some kinds connection with Emma so hes not like the other characters AND he came in right when they were talking about his father...totally not a coinsidence, am I right!?!?
I doubt it, why would she not recognize him then. how would he know that storybrook is magic and she wouldn't.
how would he know about that town and where she is.
thebestrose828
Charmed_1001
thebestrose828
Charmed_1001

Lol, the proper term for it would be an Elder, and you should totally watch all of it, it's absolutely awesome, especially cause in the last season all the sisters find someone.[/quote
oh i know that was so awesome and wonderful.
biggrin it's just so dreamy 3nodding

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PurpleWonderer
i lust have a few questions, what is this show about and it sounds interesting so how can i watch it? can i find it on the internet like on you tube or is on TV?

The basic story is that all the people and creatures from all the Fairy Tales ever told have been cursed by the Evil Queen from Snow White to live in Our Reality, in the town of Storybrooke, Maine. No one remembers their pasts. Everyone is in human form (including Jimminy Cricket). The curse can only be broken by Snow White's daughter, Emma, who they managed to save be sending her to our world ahead of the curse. But the problem is, Emma doesn't believe in the curse, and must be convinced by her own son Henry, that the curse is real and that she must be the one to break it.

It goes back and forth between 'real world' and 'fairytale world' every episode, examining each character's back story (which is usually really different from the stories we grew up with) and how it parallels their lives in Storybrooke.

Shapeshifter

Fluke

XD I'm going to feel a little weird about it if it's true. I never cared much about Pinocchio, I always found the disney movie a little odd, and I've only read bits of the original book, and it's rather nutty. But especially crazy for me, is that August is HOTT. With 2 t's. And I'd have to get used to the idea of thinking that Pinocchio is sexy. It boggles my mind.

(Goes and googles pictures of Robert Carlyle. I still need to watch the Full Monty. Nekkid Carlyle. W00t )

OH MY BAGELS-- yes, August is HOTT (including the two t's). It's actually one of the reasons I like him, but I also like him because of his character. August is mysterious and always looks like he has something up in his sleeve... I guess that makes him even hotter xD
(lets not forget about the Mad Hatter and Sherrif Graham, redface )

rofl I've never heard of Full Monty before but I went ahead and searched pictures on Google... well then. That was a surprise xD

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Aer Fresh
Fluke

OH MY BAGELS-- yes, August is HOTT (including the two t's). It's actually one of the reasons I like him, but I also like him because of his character. August is mysterious and always looks like he has something up in his sleeve... I guess that makes him even hotter xD
(lets not forget about the Mad Hatter and Sherrif Graham, redface )

rofl I've never heard of Full Monty before but I went ahead and searched pictures on Google... well then. That was a surprise xD

Before the Pinocchio theory, I was being silly and pretending August was Henry from the future. XDDD (Which, on rewatching episodes, fit really well.) But that's just me being silly for the most part (and remembering that LOST had timetravel. Why not OUAT? Same writers...) lol
i am definitly going to watch this show now!
is there a book?

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
There isn't a book of it, but it's semi-similar to Fables. If you enjoy OUAT, you might like Fables. (The people that write OUAT are big fans of Fables and the guy that writes Fables is a big fan of OUAT.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff