Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
finally watched the finale gonk

Rayema

I liked it when Joan laid it down on Mycroft, but then by the end of the episode it's like she had totally forgotten everything she just told him so I was like... welp, okay then. xD

But for the sherlock/joan dynamic... I don't know; I think she knows what kind of person Sherlock is, and how he's very high maintenance and like... with him, the game is always on, you know? There's not much left after the studying, and the experiments, and all the work that it takes to maintain sobriety, and not to mention the cases themselves. It's through moments of studying/experimenting/sobriety meetings and such/case work that Joan and Sherlock have bonded so far--there's not really been a lot of down time for the two of them, and I think Joan recognizes that. If she ever wants to have a "normal life" I think she knows that it won't be with sherlock, because Sherlock is so far beyond the capability of "normal" that Joan knows by now that the 'quiet life,' so to speak just isn't how he can live. He needs the work and all the time that it requires, but Joan doesn't, and even though their compatible as friends, it would be challenging to see them as anything more. To see them create a life for themselves not only within the realms of "the work" but also one outside of it.

Where as with Mycroft, I think Joan recognizes that she could have a future there. Mycroft is, put plainly, less work than Sherlock. They're not constantly running about the city, or getting into who knows what sort of trouble, which always seems to be following Sherlock around. I think Joan realizes that with Mycroft, there's the potential to settle down, especially now that she knows why he went back to work for the government. It's easier to recognize a life outside of work with Mycroft, because he's not so entirely consumed by it the way Sherlock is. (At least, not that we've seen so far. He's passionate about it, but he doesn't have that single-minded obsession that Sherlock must apply to everything, simply to satisfy his own mind.)

At least in terms of their personalities, anyway. xD IDK how it will work out in the end with Mycroft working for London and long distance relationships, and whether they intend to maintain it all or anything like that--I have a feeling TONIGHT'S EPISODE (GOD IM SUPER EXCITED) will give us more insight as to how far Joan intends to take her relationship with Mycroft. (In terms of if she wishes to maintain it, or if they just sort of fell into bed that one time because idk joan was wowed by mycrofts tragic act of love for his little baby brother, I dunno. Im still iffy on that one, ha ha but we'll see.)

in any case I'M SO EXCITED AAAAA
lol, ikr. i thought she would stay angry for a long time. rofl

I can sympathize with Joan's position, though. When she's living with Sherlock and they're working together the focus is primarily on him because well, he's the main star. I understand how she feels she needs to focus on herself first and I honestly think living alone will do that for her, but it's definitely affecting Sherlock negatively and I don't want that either. emo I wonder how their relationship is gonna change next season with them living apart. She'll probably come back to live with him after a few episodes, right? emotion_awesome emotion_sweatdrop

Twisted_Misery
Sherlock's reactions to anything Joan related the last few episodes have made me so happy.
I can't help but love Mycroft.
Sherlock and Mycroft solving cases together should be a show.
I'm worried that Mycroft will go to England in the finale because he feels like he has to and then Joan will be crushed.
Then Sherlock will be like, "Am I not enough?"
All the feels.
Ahh, so many feels in the finale from all 3 characters. crying I've never seen Lucy cry in any of her works, so that caught me off guard. And Sherlock and Joan's orbit moment. crying And Mycroft hugging Sherlock. crying crying crying crying

I'm so curious how next season will play out. Is Sherlock really gonna work for MI6??
badtzmaru
finally watched the finale gonk

Rayema

I liked it when Joan laid it down on Mycroft, but then by the end of the episode it's like she had totally forgotten everything she just told him so I was like... welp, okay then. xD

But for the sherlock/joan dynamic... I don't know; I think she knows what kind of person Sherlock is, and how he's very high maintenance and like... with him, the game is always on, you know? There's not much left after the studying, and the experiments, and all the work that it takes to maintain sobriety, and not to mention the cases themselves. It's through moments of studying/experimenting/sobriety meetings and such/case work that Joan and Sherlock have bonded so far--there's not really been a lot of down time for the two of them, and I think Joan recognizes that. If she ever wants to have a "normal life" I think she knows that it won't be with sherlock, because Sherlock is so far beyond the capability of "normal" that Joan knows by now that the 'quiet life,' so to speak just isn't how he can live. He needs the work and all the time that it requires, but Joan doesn't, and even though their compatible as friends, it would be challenging to see them as anything more. To see them create a life for themselves not only within the realms of "the work" but also one outside of it.

Where as with Mycroft, I think Joan recognizes that she could have a future there. Mycroft is, put plainly, less work than Sherlock. They're not constantly running about the city, or getting into who knows what sort of trouble, which always seems to be following Sherlock around. I think Joan realizes that with Mycroft, there's the potential to settle down, especially now that she knows why he went back to work for the government. It's easier to recognize a life outside of work with Mycroft, because he's not so entirely consumed by it the way Sherlock is. (At least, not that we've seen so far. He's passionate about it, but he doesn't have that single-minded obsession that Sherlock must apply to everything, simply to satisfy his own mind.)

At least in terms of their personalities, anyway. xD IDK how it will work out in the end with Mycroft working for London and long distance relationships, and whether they intend to maintain it all or anything like that--I have a feeling TONIGHT'S EPISODE (GOD IM SUPER EXCITED) will give us more insight as to how far Joan intends to take her relationship with Mycroft. (In terms of if she wishes to maintain it, or if they just sort of fell into bed that one time because idk joan was wowed by mycrofts tragic act of love for his little baby brother, I dunno. Im still iffy on that one, ha ha but we'll see.)

in any case I'M SO EXCITED AAAAA
lol, ikr. i thought she would stay angry for a long time. rofl

I can sympathize with Joan's position, though. When she's living with Sherlock and they're working together the focus is primarily on him because well, he's the main star. I understand how she feels she needs to focus on herself first and I honestly think living alone will do that for her, but it's definitely affecting Sherlock negatively and I don't want that either. emo I wonder how their relationship is gonna change next season with them living apart. She'll probably come back to live with him after a few episodes, right? emotion_awesome emotion_sweatdrop

Twisted_Misery
Sherlock's reactions to anything Joan related the last few episodes have made me so happy.
I can't help but love Mycroft.
Sherlock and Mycroft solving cases together should be a show.
I'm worried that Mycroft will go to England in the finale because he feels like he has to and then Joan will be crushed.
Then Sherlock will be like, "Am I not enough?"
All the feels.
Ahh, so many feels in the finale from all 3 characters. crying I've never seen Lucy cry in any of her works, so that caught me off guard. And Sherlock and Joan's orbit moment. crying And Mycroft hugging Sherlock. crying crying crying crying

I'm so curious how next season will play out. Is Sherlock really gonna work for MI6??

My eyes got watery a couple times.
I love seeing these three interact.
It's like I agree with Joan, but at the same time I want her to stay with Sherlock and I see where he's coming from.
If she knew he had that coke, she wouldn't leave.
That's a dangerous relationship though, when his staying straight depends so much on her.
Mycroft looked so huge compared to Sherlock when they hugged.
You could tell Sherlock was like I DON'T WANT THIS HUG...BUT THEN I NEED IT.

I think the next season will start with Sherlock coming back to NY after being gone for a few months working for MI6.
He'll probably have a case there and that'll make him cross paths with Joan after not seeing or speaking to her all that time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff