Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bloodsucker

32,100 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Is anyone excited about BatB?
I came across the 1987 version a few weeks ago and I loved it!
Ron Perlman was perfect as Vincent...I'm really disappointed the new Beast is not beastly at all confused
I liked the old Vincent better, I miss his lion face gonk

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Image Source

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Yeah, my mom mentioned the old version when she saw the new promos; she also said that it was really good. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the new one or not.

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I used to watch that with my best friend. ^_^ hope the new show is as good as the old.

Desirable Lover

9,700 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I am like waiting to watch the new verison of it....saw the preview and it looked pretty intersting...

Moonlight Lover

13,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I watched the original when I was a little girl and I simply adored it. I never missed an episode (or a rerun) and I have the entire series on DVD.

I've seen a few of the teasers and trailers for the new series and I'm not sure I'm on board with it. I'm one of those people who isn't big on remakes, especially if the remake changes almost everything about the original. (Why does Hollywood want an original series/movie/ect. in the first place if they're just going to change everything about it question question question )

I wished they wouldn't have called the characters Vincent and Catherine. They could have called them whatever and started fresh on the series instead of piggybacking on the original's fame. I think I would have actually liked it more if they had gone that route instead.

I will be checking out the first episode, to give it a shot before deciding completely one way or the other.

EDIT ~ OP, I LOVE that sketch of Vincent! biggrin

Invisible Seeker

19,275 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I want to check it out, I hope it is good.

Friendly Bloodsucker

32,100 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
LilliannaWinterwolf

You can find more sketches here and here.
They're amazing, I wish I could draw like that emotion_kirakira

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
O_O They remade that show?! ( probably shouldn't be so surprised they've remade The Twilight Zone and Dark Shadows awhile back. )

I used to watch the original every now and then since the story of Beauty and The Beast was a favorite of mine. Plus Vincent looked so cool.

Friendly Bloodsucker

32,100 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
KaryuunoSamurai
O_O They remade that show?!

So it seems!

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
III Scarlet III
KaryuunoSamurai

So it seems!

D: Ugh it's one of those. Atleast the original Vincent was 'beastly' all the time. ) :
This plot of having him change when he gets enraged/looses control makes him sound more like the hulk. Not sure if I'll like that.
It really bugs me that the new Beast looks normal.
The most interesting thing about the relationship was the "monster" with the beautiful girl.
Now it's some lame looking wolf guy.
I'll watch it though.
I'll try it and
i loved the show
as a kid

Friendly Friend

5,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Wow!
I didn't know there was two T.V Series to Beauty and the Beast, I thought it was just a Disney Movie, Anyone know where I can get the 1987 version and if the new TV series is going to be broadcasted in the UK?
3nodding It looks pretty good. Ima check it out

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces