18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
AlaskanThunderFvck
The Legendary Guest
AlaskanThunderFvck
The Legendary Guest
How many ******** times is someone going to post a poorly spelled version of a topic that doesn't belong here in ED?
forever

Or at least until they find themselves in the middle of a "zombie apocalypes", anyway. stare

ppffttt ohgog, i cant wait to bring my plan into action

I would strongly suggest that you do not try holding your breath until you get to do that, sport.

Fanatical Zealot

AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1
Food, water, a barricade mostly.

Maybe an Ak-74; cheap ammo, reliable, fairly lightweight, widely available enough, seems to be a decent weapon if we're going for head shots. Maybe some kind of spear or large knife to fight them off; a gladius would be cool, with a shield to keep them at a distance.
youre the first person to actually reply normally ;u;
thank you

It's not really your fault, so much as this topic has been brought up a lot recently, and a lot of people in this thread don't know of/don't like guns/survival topics, so now they're starting to become hostile to it. xp

Part of it is because they feel excluded, but a huge part of it is just bias against guns and weapons and fighting in general. xp
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

Maybe an Ak-74; cheap ammo, reliable, fairly lightweight, widely available enough, seems to be a decent weapon if we're going for head shots. Maybe some kind of spear or large knife to fight them off; a gladius would be cool, with a shield to keep them at a distance.
thank you

It's not really your fault, so much as this topic has been brought up a lot recently, and a lot of people in this thread don't know of/don't like guns/survival topics, so now they're starting to become hostile to it, partially because they feel excluded. xp

But a huge part of it is just bias against guns and weapons and fighting in general. xp

And a large portion of the gun nuts that do post in the threads don't know what the ******** they're talking about when it comes to survival tactics either. Hate to break it to you.

Fanatical Zealot

Plata Plomo y Sangre
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

thank you

It's not really your fault, so much as this topic has been brought up a lot recently, and a lot of people in this thread don't know of/don't like guns/survival topics, so now they're starting to become hostile to it, partially because they feel excluded. xp

But a huge part of it is just bias against guns and weapons and fighting in general. xp

And a large portion of the gun nuts that do post in the threads don't know what the ******** they're talking about when it comes to survival tactics either. Hate to break it to you.

Eh, everyone's got their own opinion's and ideas; if we just go one way there wouldn't be a discussion. xp
Suicidesoldier#1
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

thank you

Eh, everyone's got their own opinion's and ideas; if we just go one way there wouldn't be a discussion. xp

There are objectively dumb things to do, and I've seen them espoused by a couple of little gun clique.

Fanatical Zealot

Plata Plomo y Sangre
Suicidesoldier#1
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

thank you

There are objectively dumb things to do, and I've seen them espoused by a couple of little gun clique.

I'm sure there are some, I point them out sometimes. xP

But you've got to throw around ideas.

Even if they're silly.

I heard someone say they wanted a 15 foot spear for defense, and I thought that was pretty crazy. O_O

IRL Vampire

12,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

thank you

It's not really your fault, so much as this topic has been brought up a lot recently, and a lot of people in this thread don't know of/don't like guns/survival topics, so now they're starting to become hostile to it. xp

Part of it is because they feel excluded, but a huge part of it is just bias against guns and weapons and fighting in general. xp

oh then ill suggest just talkin about the plan to them then I:
that sucks i just wanted to talk about zombies
cause theyre awesome
In the event of a zombie apocalypse I plan to heal the world through the power of song. I will travel the world seeking fellow hardy musicians, then on the fated day I shall bring them together and we will sing the song which reawakens the planet.

Fanatical Zealot

Senator Armstrong
In the event of a zombie apocalypse I plan to heal the world through the power of song. I will travel the world seeking fellow hardy musicians, then on the fated day I shall bring them together and we will sing the song which reawakens the planet.

Pssft, you know that only interpretive dance possess the ability to cure the undead. talk2hand

It's all in the pamphlet.

Fanatical Zealot

AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1
AlaskanThunderFvck
Suicidesoldier#1

thank you

oh then ill suggest just talkin about the plan to them then I:
that sucks i just wanted to talk about zombies
cause theyre awesome

Well, I'd imagine I'd go to walmart, get as many supplies as I can into one of the 18 wheelers, then take me and my buds and go out into the forest, and sink them into the ground, forming the basis of our new fortress, serving both as defensive barriers and storage containers, as well as places to sleep. Put a tarp up over it with a hole in the middle for smoke from a fire, try to live there.

Starting chopping down trees, digging ditches and using that to build defenses, have firewood to purify water and such, use pots and pans to do it, have a solar distillery from glass containers, and so on. Teach everyone the correct way to do a sponge bath and conserve water and food, start hunting, planting seeds to grow new food. Fertilizer and seeds would be nice in the apocalypse. Look for filters and other stuff, cars and gasoline.

The romans dug a ditch and then planted wooden posts to defend themselves against attacks, in foreign territory; there's a famous story of the Romans (Battle of Alesia!) building such a fortification to encircle their enemy, trapping them in, and then building one on the outside to fend off outside attacks, basically having two defensive fortifications at the same time in enemy territory (one surrounding the enemy, one on their other side to protect themselves). They built several dozen miles of this stuff in weeks with ample coordination and organization in a matter of weeks.

3 people dug, 2 people chopped wood, 2 stood guard, and 1 cooked. They traded out positions every so often, out of their 8 man squad. Their primary axe could be used as a shovel, a hammer, a mining tool, and obviously, an axe for cutting trees or fighting, so it was considered a cornerstone of their capabilities. Building such a fortification and then having people posted to fire arrow/guns at people slowed down in the mud and ditches (potentially filled with spikes) trying to climb the wall would mean that you could significantly limit casualties on your side. That combined with some fences and barbwire could help a lot. With something like a tractor or more ideally a trencher or construction equipment you could dig some pretty deep trenches.

It's true, barbwire will not particularly stop an enemy force completely, but, it will slow them down, enough, to make it to were you can shoot at them while they're caught up, basically making them sitting ducks, and easily take them out. If the enemy's are just sitting there, like paper targets, unable to move, they will basically just be wiped out. Muddy, deep ditches would make vehicles also difficult to use, as they'd drop off into a moat of water or at least not get to your doors, and spikes could start to deflate their tires; barbwire or razor wire could also get stuck in their tires. Even something like a bulldozer would fall into the ditch and likely break under it's own weight or sink into the water if you dug the trench deep enough. You'd have varying layers of ditches, so they couldn't just drive across of make a bridge, and if they tried to establish one, obviously, you'd be shooting at them the whole time. Even a small preliminary trench would mess up tires, so they'd likely get stuck in it before they reached the major one.

Either, you slowly tip toe through it, and get shot at the whole time with no way of returning fire, or you try to charge through it, trip and fall, possibly on to spikes, and so on. More so a deterrent, and a way to force the enemy to slow down or stay still, so they can't just charge into your territory, nor really sneak across. Also sharpened wooden posts would be good against vehicles or animals, that would planted into the ground at an angle, or people running too quickly. Modern fish hooks could replicate the spikes of the romans. WWI, as awful as it was, saw the deaths of millions in this fashion. I imagine regular citizens wouldn't be able to fair much better. Just need to keep them far enough away or coat your stuff in enough dirt to make it fire proof. Also dirt can be used to build a mound, and then adjacent to that a ditch, making it that much harder to get across. xp

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I don't have a plan other than barackading the windows and doors and hoping the groceries last. Yeah, I'm dead.

IRL Vampire

12,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Senator Armstrong

i bid well on your journey when the time comes

IRL Vampire

12,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Suicidesoldier#1

Well, I'd imagine I'd go to walmart, get as many supplies as I can into one of the 18 wheelers, then take me and my buds and go out into the forest, and sink them into the ground, forming the basis of our new fortress, serving both as defensive barriers and storage containers, as well as places to sleep. Put a tarp up over it with a hole in the middle for smoke from a fire, try to live there.

Starting chopping down trees, digging ditches and using that to build defenses, have firewood to purify water and such, use pots and pans to do it, have a solar distillery from glass containers, and so on. Teach everyone the correct way to do a sponge bath and conserve water and food, start hunting, planting seeds to grow new food. Fertilizer and seeds would be nice in the apocalypse. Look for filters and other stuff, cars and gasoline.

The romans dug a ditch and then planted wooden posts to defend themselves against attacks, in foreign territory; there's a famous story of the Romans (Battle of Alesia!) building such a fortification to encircle their enemy, trapping them in, and then building one on the outside to fend off outside attacks, basically having two defensive fortifications at the same time in enemy territory (one surrounding the enemy, one on their other side to protect themselves). They built several dozen miles of this stuff in weeks with ample coordination and organization.

3 people dug, 2 people chopped wood, 2 stood guard, and 1 cooked. They traded out positions every so often, out of their 8 man squad. Their primary axe could be used as a shovel, a hammer, a mining tool, and obviously, an axe for cutting trees or fighting, so it was considered a cornerstone of their capabilities. Building such a fortification and then having people posted to fire arrow/guns at people slowed down in the mud and ditches (potentially filled with spikes) trying to climb the wall would mean that you could significantly limit casualties on your side. That combined with some fences and barbwire could help a lot. With something like a tractor or more ideally a trencher or construction equipment you could dig some pretty deep trenches.

It's true, barbwire will not particularly stop an enemy force completely, but, it will slow them down, enough, to make it to were you can shoot at them while they're caught up, basically making them sitting ducks, and easily take them out. If the enemy's are just sitting there, like paper targets, unable to move, they will basically just be wiped out. Muddy, deep ditches would make vehicles also difficult to use, as they'd drop off into a moat of water or at least not get to your doors, and spikes could start to deflate their tires; barbwire or razor wire could also get stuck in their tires. Even something like a bulldozer would fall into the ditch and likely break under it's own weight or sink into the water if you dug the trench deep enough. You'd have varying layers of ditches, so they couldn't just drive across of make a bridge, and if they tried to establish one, obviously, you'd be shooting at them the whole time. Even a small preliminary trench would mess up tires, so they'd likely get stuck in it before they reached the major one.

Either, you slowly tip toe through it, and get shot at the whole time with no way of returning fire, or you try to charge through it, trip and fall, possibly on to spikes, and so on. More so a deterrent, and a way to force the enemy to slow down or stay still, so they can't just charge into your territory, nor really sneak across. Also sharpened wooden posts would be good against vehicles or animals, that would planted into the ground at an angle, or people running too quickly. Modern fish hooks could replicate the spikes of the romans. WWI, as awful as it was, saw the deaths of millions in this fashion. I imagine regular citizens wouldn't be able to fair much better. Just need to keep them far enough away or coat your stuff in enough dirt to make it fire proof. Also dirt can be used to build a mound, and then adjacent to that a ditch, making it that much harder to get across. xp

id suggest using silenced weapons, if there was a horde passing by and hear the loud bangs they could swarm your camp.
AlaskanThunderFvck
tell me your plan, weapons, and items you would bring.

i would of course contact my friends asking for them to come to my place and bring food/supplies, we barely have windows downstairs. set up barricades on the windows. figure it out from there.

this is balls
Drive down to my grandmother's place, it is perfect. She has tons of preserved foods, it's out in the country which means low pop so less zombies. There are cottages nearby that I can raid on foot and she has a couple of trucks and ATVs we can take to the nearby town. It's a huge property that we could fence off and grow food with there is a lake nearby to fish from, a huge storage of rifles and bullets as my grandfather is an avid hunter. Lots of wildlife such as deer and bears that we could hunt for food. There is also a perfect garage loaded with sledgehammers, axes, chainsaws, machetes, crowbars and fuel. Her house runs off a well so we have access to clean water. It is surrounded by trees and my grandfather has all the tools required to cut 'em down and build all the barricades we could ever dream of. It's only an hour and a half from where I live now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff