Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kasumi of Vientown

I'm familiar with that article and the LIES it contains.
Prove it. It's not just that article that says so, and if you really think it's lies, you're more deluded than I thought.

This
And this
And this as well.
Last but not least....

Gonna call them all lies when you can't prove your own bullshit?

Eloquent Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kasumi of Vientown
I'm not an attorney, but even I could beat the DA in this case.
Except a court doesn't stand for sweeping conclusions derived from speculation and conjecture.
Astoru
Kasumi of Vientown

Prove it. It's not just that article that says so, and if you really think it's lies, you're more deluded than I thought.

This
And this
And this as well.
Last but not least....

You should read articles before you post them. You're first link doesn't say anything about the investigator wanting to arrest Zimmerman. The second one cherry picks a single paragraph from the Miami Herald's article. The third article sites a story from abc. The last article sites the Miami Herald, again. Oh, and the article you posted earlier sites abc.

I would advise you to read the Miami Herald's article on this matter.

Eloquent Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Oidin
Astoru
Kasumi of Vientown

This
And this
And this as well.
Last but not least....

You should read articles before you post them. You're first link doesn't say anything about the investigator wanting to arrest Zimmerman. The second one cherry picks a single paragraph from the Miami Herald's article. The third article sites a story from abc. The last article sites the Miami Herald, again. Oh, and the article you posted earlier sites abc.

I would advise you to read the Miami Herald's article on this matter.
I'll admit, I was just grabbing all the articles that I had heard it from. Didn't know the source, thanks.

Regardless, my point still stands.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Astoru
Kasumi of Vientown

This
And this
And this as well.
Last but not least....

Norm Wolfinger's decision not to run for another term was made long before anyone had ever heard of trayvon.
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/norm-wolfinger-election-announce.pdf

Chris Serino commented that he was 'uncomfortable' with George Zimmerman's explanation. He apparently filed a report inquiring if their was probable cause for a warrant to be issued. That could be considered a capias, but it doesn't change the fact that the evidence was far too weak to dream of getting a conviction.

Chris Serino's opinion on February 26th does not mean that it remained his opinion as more evidence started coming in. There's no evidence to back that up. We don't even know if he read all the witness reports prior to filing his own report based on being 'unconvinced by George Zimmerman's story'

That's just more unverified propaganda.

On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, Police Chief Bill Lee confirmed publicly that there was no probable cause to arrest or charge George Zimmerman. Chris Serino's instincts are insufficient to make an arrest, the evidence just is non-existent.

Mega Strawberry

12,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
The Living Force
DlCK CATSTY
Trayvon held up his bag of skittles and iced tea which he lacked a receipt for in self-defense.
You've got a lot stupid with your post, so I'll just address this. I almost never get a receipt when I make a purchase at a convenience store or gas station. There's pretty much no reason to get a receipt for a two dollar purchase, and they don't tend to give them unless you say you want one. Also, I wasn't aware that anyone was obligated to keep receipts and such on them or present them when a random someone demands. Zimmerman had no right to demand *anything.*

He thought he was the Sheriff of London and started a fight and then finished the fight he started. TL;DR, Zimmerman's a bigoted punk who was unaware that starting s**t meant there'd be s**t. Don't start no s**t, won't be no s**t.

^^ That's all there is to it.

Eloquent Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kasumi of Vientown

Norm Wolfinger's decision not to run for another term was made long before anyone had ever heard of trayvon.
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/documents/norm-wolfinger-election-announce.pdf
Cool. Irrelevant.

Quote:
Chris Serino commented that he was 'uncomfortable' with George Zimmerman's explanation. He apparently filed a report inquiring if their was probable cause for a warrant to be issued. That could be considered a capias, but it doesn't change the fact that the evidence was far too weak to dream of getting a conviction.
Source?

Quote:
Chris Serino's opinion on February 26th does not mean that it remained his opinion as more evidence started coming in. There's no evidence to back that up. We don't even know if he read all the witness reports prior to filing his own report based on being 'unconvinced by George Zimmerman's story'

Speculation

Quote:
On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, Police Chief Bill Lee confirmed publicly that there was no probable cause to arrest or charge George Zimmerman. Chris Serino's instincts are insufficient to make an arrest, the evidence just is non-existent.
False.
I advise you to read the Miami Heralds article on this matter.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/v-fullstory/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html

Quote:
Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in mid-stream.”

A capias is a request for charges to be filed.

The Seminole County State Attorney’s Office declined to comment on whether its prosecutors ever recommended against filing charges.

“If you go with what was reported in the press the first night, there would have been an arrest right away, but obviously something gave investigators pause,” said a source in the Seminole State Attorney’s office who did not want to speak publicly, because the case is now assigned to a different prosecutor. “We get capias warrants all the time. That doesn’t mean we file charges right away. We investigate to see if it’s appropriate. That’s the responsible thing to do.’’

The development is in stark contrast to the statements repeatedly made by Bill Lee, the Sanford police chief who has since stepped aside and was lambasted for his handling of the case. Lee publicly insisted that there was no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman, leading many critics to say he came across more like a defense attorney for the security buff.

“Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony,” Lee wrote in a memo posted on the city’s website. “By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based of the facts and circumstances they had at the time.”

He cited the statute number for Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, which provides immunity to people who kill someone in self defense.

Zimmerman, Lee told The Herald two weeks ago, was able to articulate that he was in “reasonable fear” of great bodily harm or death. Witness statements and a doctor’s report corroborated his injuries, Lee said. A police report said he had a bloody nose and a grass-stained shirt.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Astoru
Kasumi of Vientown

Cool. Irrelevant.

You put up a link to an article about him and seemed to be implying that you thought it was because of this case. It was relevant in the sense that I was responding to your link.

Astoru

Quote:
Source?

The only quote that has been directly attributed to being from Chris Serino's report on February 26th was that he was 'uncomfortable' with George Zimmerman's explanation of the events, and even then we were not told what was in the rest of this report, which would have been forwarded to the DA. As the lead investigator, it's reasonable to assume that he was the one leading the interrogation of George Zimmerman, so it's unclear how much knowledge Detective Serino had about the physical evidence and the witness statements at the time he turned in his report. So my point is even though George Zimmerman had an unwavering story, for all we know Detective Serino thought Zimmerman was lying in his interrogation, which led to him inquiring about the possibility of a warrant before all the evidence was gathered. No one has shown us the actual report, so it is unreasonable to make assumptions without all the details

Astoru

Quote:

Speculation

Yes, it's speculation, just like you are speculating that Detective Serino still believes that George Zimmerman should be arrested.No one has tried to interview him about that yet.

Astoru

Quote:
False.
Not false, that was a true fact, lol.

On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, Police Chief Bill Lee confirmed publicly that there was no probable cause to arrest or charge George Zimmerman.

Eloquent Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Quote:
Astoru

Quote:
Source?

The only quote that has been directly attributed to being from Chris Serino's report on February 26th was that he was 'uncomfortable' with George Zimmerman's explanation of the events, and even then we were not told what was in the rest of this report, which would have been forwarded to the DA. As the lead investigator, it's reasonable to assume that he was the one leading the interrogation of George Zimmerman, so it's unclear how much knowledge Detective Serino had about the physical evidence and the witness statements at the time he turned in his report. So my point is even though George Zimmerman had an unwavering story, for all we know Detective Serino thought Zimmerman was lying in his interrogation, which led to him inquiring about the possibility of a warrant before all the evidence was gathered. No one has shown us the actual report, so it is unreasonable to make assumptions without all the details
Source?

Quote:
Astoru

Quote:

Speculation

Yes, it's speculation, just like you are speculating that Detective Serino still believes that George Zimmerman should be arrested.No one has tried to interview him about that yet.
Then don't provide it as if it were fact. I have shown an article that says that the police department were to arrest Zimmerman on the spot; multiple articles, at that.. You have shown nothing.

Quote:
Despite public claims that there wasn’t enough probable cause to make a criminal case in the Trayvon Martin killing, early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office, the special prosecutor in the case told The Miami Herald on Tuesday.

Quote:
Astoru

Quote:
False.

On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, Police Chief Bill Lee confirmed publicly that there was no probable cause to arrest or charge George Zimmerman.
Prove it.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Astoru
Quote:
Astoru

Quote:
Source?

Source?

Quote:
Chris Serino, the lead detective on the case, meanwhile told ABC News on Tuesday that he filed an affidavit on the night of the shooting stating that he was unconvinced about Zimmerman's version of events.

Serino separately told MSNBC that he was not at liberty to discuss the case, but felt encouraged by the new investigation into the shooting, and he was "looking forward to the truth coming out."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9172831/Trayvon-Martin-police-sought-arrest-warrant-against-George-Zimmerman.html

These are the only two comments directly attributed to Detective Serino but regarding the second one I have a strong suspicion that MSNBC took his comment out of context to make it seem like there were problems with the investigation Sanford did, though all evidence says it was done by the book. Assuming he said it at all, MSNBC has been so crooked through this whole mess it almost wouldn't surprise me if they made up the quote entirely, but most likely they just took it out of context.

Astoru

Quote:
Astoru

Quote:

Speculation

Then don't provide it as if it were fact. I have shown an article that says that the police department were to arrest Zimmerman on the spot; multiple articles, at that.. You have shown nothing.

The media has been biased and crooked through this whole situation. It's as though you don't care that they've been caught telling more lies then they've told truths.

Astoru

Quote:
Despite public claims that there wasn’t enough probable cause to make a criminal case in the Trayvon Martin killing, early in the investigation the Sanford Police Department requested an arrest warrant from the Seminole County State Attorney’s office, the special prosecutor in the case told The Miami Herald on Tuesday.

Again, this is speculation on the media's part. They've been proven wrong so many times in this case you should know better then to just take them at their word

Astoru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
False.

Prove it.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Looked into Zimmerman's past. An ex-fiance alleged domestic violence in order to get a restraining order, but woman lie about crap every day when they want to get a restraining order. They can make any allegations they want and are not required to prove it.

For example, maybe Veronica Zuazo, his ex-fiance, threw George out and wasn't allowing him to reclaim his possessions, and to that end she claimed domestic violence to prevent him from trying again to get his things.

It is certainly immoral for the media to use a restraining order as proof that he's some kind of monstrous, violent guy

Moving on. The only time Zimmerman was ever arrested, he was charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree.

Media claims - Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

This is bullshit. LoL.

The charges were dropped/reduced because George Zimmerman agreed to enter a program for first time offenders, so he got no special treatment at all.

And as I mentioned before, these charges come from when George Zimmerman and a friend were at a bar, and his friend was about to fight another guy, who was really an undercover police officer. He was afraid they'd fight, so he got between them and shoved each of them away from the other, and tried to calm down the situation.

Anyway, that cop decided that Zimmerman shoving him merited arresting George, even though his intention was just to keep anyone from getting hurt

And a speeding ticket! The media seriously reported that he had a speeding ticket. ONE! LOL.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket, but lots of people do. I got pulled over once for allegedly not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. The truth is that I had stopped, but only for an instant, but the cop insisted that I hadn't stopped completely. Lucky for me, the cop put the wrong date on my ticket, and the court was closed that day, so it voided the ticket, which is kinda similar to how the officer in George Zimmerman's speeding hearing didn't show up and it got voided too.

Anyway, that's the full extent of George Zimmerman's run-in's with the law.
Errr...you aren't allowed to buy a firearm if you're a convicted felon, and you damn well can't get a conceal carry with one.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Old Blue Collar Joe
Errr...you aren't allowed to buy a firearm if you're a convicted felon, and you damn well can't get a conceal carry with one.

Technically, you can if you know the right people. And by "right people", I mean the usual sort used by the criminal element.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Old Blue Collar Joe
He entered a program that dropped one of the felonies completely, and reduced the other one to a misdemeanor. Apparently it's available to first time offenders at a judges discretion. Since George Zimmerman hadn't known the guy was a cop, and since he was trying to prevent anyone from getting hurt, and since he'd only shoved the cop the judge let him use that program I guess. Anyway, to me it sounds like that cop shouldn't have arrested Zimmerman to begin with. A shove isn't really a big deal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff