Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

You don't shoot a kid because you don't recognize them. For ******** serious. Neighborhood Watch is about calling the cops when you see something suspicious. You back off and you don't play copper.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Zimmerman should have been charged with being born. Jokes aside, he was told NOT to follow. He followed. I wonder why...

Lonely Dabbler

MissSweet77
DlCK CATSTY

When you are fearing for your life you can take any response necessary.

Doesn't that go both ways? I don't know about you, but when someone is following me, I feel as if my life is threatened. I don't know that person's intentions. I don't know if they have a gun or not.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See where it says Brady Green? That's how far Trayvon had to go to get home if he was really scared for his life. F is where the fight took place and he was already running to the alley running by the time Zimmerman was getting out of his truck and was on the phone with 911.

He played sports for his school, he was obviously physically fit, he should have been long gone if he was scared, not doubling back to confront the guy who was following him when he had already gotten away.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Another reason I don't trust Zimmerman is that he changed his story. I've been reading about this case before it became a national thing, and he NEVER claimed self-defense until later.

Lonely Dabbler

Dandrogyny
You don't shoot a kid because you don't recognize them. For ******** serious. Neighborhood Watch is about calling the cops when you see something suspicious. You back off and you don't play copper.

He shot him because they were on the ground and Zimmerman was yelling for help while Trayvon was on top of him beating him and reportedly grabbing for his gun. If his neighbors had not been cowards and come out to stop the fight when they heard ZImmerman yelling for help Trayvon would still be alive. Instead the witness called the police when he saw the an older man on the ground with a younger man on top of him.

Lonely Dabbler

marshmallowcreampie
Another reason I don't trust Zimmerman is that he changed his story. I've been reading about this case before it became a national thing, and he NEVER claimed self-defense until later.

Post your sources for that.

Dapper Phantom

DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

He shot him because they were on the ground and Zimmerman was yelling for help while Trayvon was on top of him beating him and reportedly grabbing for his gun. If his neighbors had not been cowards and come out to stop the fight when they heard ZImmerman yelling for help Trayvon would still be alive. Instead the witness called the police when he saw the an older man on the ground with a younger man on top of him.
Little scrawny teenage boy throwing fat Mexican guy on the ground, bashing his head with "deadly blows" into the concrete without leaving any notable injuries... Sorry, but I'm not buying it. If I was on the jury, I would need to see substantial evidence that an assault took place.

Lonely Dabbler

Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

Little scrawny teenage boy throwing fat Mexican guy on the ground, bashing his head with "deadly blows" into the concrete without leaving any notable injuries... Sorry, but I'm not buying it. If I was on the jury, I would need to see substantial evidence that an assault took place.

6'0" 160 pound football player vs overweight 5'9" tall older man

The police report from the first responding officers stated Zimmerman was bleeding from a gash on the back of his head and a bleeding nose.

Dapper Phantom

DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

The police report from the first responding officers stated Zimmerman was bleeding from a gash on the back of his head and a bleeding nose.
Since this isn't a court room and I'm not seeing all of the evidence...

If someone had a gun drawn, I'd defend myself too (or run). Since he was grabbing for the gun, he saw it obviously, right? Probably, I don't know, didn't want to get SHOT?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY

He instigated the fight while reportedly walking back to his suv?

This assumes he was doing so. There's no substantial evidence of that. There is, however, CONCRETE PROOF that he was following Treyvon. Which basically means we have strong evidence that Treyvon's actions were legal, with no evidence that they were not.

But Trayvon was very close to where he was staying. He could have easily just gone there, he was definitely faster than Zimmerman. Instead he turned and confronted Zimmerman after he was reportedly heading back and asked him if he had a problem.

Not illegal. He had a right to confront his stalker. Zimmerman shouldn't have stalked the boy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

FLORIDA

Section 784.048. STALKING; DEFINITIONS; PENALTIES. 1997.

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.

I'd say being followed at night would cause substantial emotional distress.

Quote:
(b) "Course of conduct" means a pattern a conduct composed of series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "course of conduct." Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.

(c) "Credible threat" means a threat made with the intent to cause the person who is the target of the threat to reasonably fear for his or her safety. The threat must be against the life of, or a threat to cause bodily injury to, a person.

Someone following me after dark, I'll assume they probably want to cause bodily injury to me. And that's reasonable.

Quote:
(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person, and makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury, commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(4) Any person who, after an injunction for protection against repeat violence pursuant to s. 784.046, or an injunction for protection against domestic violence pursuant to s. 741.30, or after any other court-imposed prohibition of conduct toward the subject person that person's property, knowingly, willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(5) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses a minor under 16 years of age commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, so. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(6) Any law enforcement officer may arrest, without a warrant, any person he or she has probable cause to believe has violated the provisions of this section.

Quote:
Assuming he felt threatened he should have gone and called the police instead of turning around and punching Zimmerman in the face.

On the other hand, Zimmerman shouldn't have been following him in the first damn place. He's still at fault.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

What exactly does height have to do with anything? We short people (I'm 5'4" ) are tougher than we look. Height doesn't mean s**t.

Quote:

And yet his clothes are perfectly clean. Imagine that. a boo-boo that bad, and not a drop of blood to show for it.

Also, I'm no expert, but that wound looks to be weeks old.

Lonely Dabbler

Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

If someone had a gun drawn, I'd defend myself too (or run). Since he was grabbing for the gun, he saw it obviously, right? Probably, I don't know, didn't want to get SHOT?

Clearly Trayvon was in such fear for his life that he double backed and confronted Zimmerman who was headed back to his truck instead of going in the house and calling the police since he was already close to his father's house.

Lonely Dabbler

black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

And yet his clothes are perfectly clean. Imagine that. a boo-boo that bad, and not a drop of blood to show for it.

Also, I'm no expert, but that wound looks to be weeks old.

Then it's a good thing you're not an expert.

And the police report that mentions it?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
DlCK CATSTY
marshmallowcreampie

Post your sources for that.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html

This is an early article about the case. It makes NO mention of Zimmerman claiming self-defense. That didn't come until the case started getting more national attention. It does note, however, that Zimmerman has a HISTORY of following "suspicious" youths, mostly black males.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/21/george-zimmerman-the-man-who-shot-trayvon-martin-profiled-by-family-and-neighbors.html

... And here's ANOTHER early article. As with the first one, it describes the crime but makes no mention of self-defense. It does, however, bring up some domestic abuse charges a woman filed against him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/who-is-george-zimmerman-more-information-emerges-about-the-shooter-of-trayvon-martin/2012/03/21/gIQA6muiRS_blog.html

And a third early article. Again, NO mention of Zimmerman claiming self-defense.

Dapper Phantom

DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny
DlCK CATSTY
Dandrogyny

Clearly Trayvon was in such fear for his life that he double backed and confronted Zimmerman who was headed back to his truck instead of going in the house and calling the police since he was already close to his father's house.
He was being stalked with a gun. It wasn't smart to confront him but being an unwise kid doesn't mean you deserve to get shot. The exact motivation is NOT clear from what little evidence has been leaked to the public.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff