Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Browser

10,150 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DlCK CATSTY
marshmallowcreampie

That's no excuse to follow them and definitely no excuse to shoot them. Just because you don't recognize someone in your neighborhood, doesn't mean he's some thug up to no good. Simply hanging around is NOT suspicious behavior.

That wasn't his reason for shooting him. His reason for shooting was that Trayvon was on top of him trying to grab his gun while punching him in the face, a person came forth and told the police this. This was in a gated community where only people who lived there should be. If anyone went into a gated community that they did not live in at 7 pm at night they would definitely be suspicious, especially with residents on the look out after recent home break-ins.

It's obvious you are black from your avatar and I'm sorry if I offend you but I'm not going to try to beat around the bush in order to not risk offending anyone. Yes, Trayvon is black and black people are often the victims of racial stereotypes.
Quote:
According to a Justice Department report released in July 2003, the U.S. prison population surpassed 2 million for the first time—2,166,260 people were incarcerated in prisons or jails at the end of 2002 (the latest statistics available). Since 1990, the U.S. prison population, already the world's largest, has almost doubled.

About two-thirds of prisoners were in state and federal prisons, while the rest were in local jails. The report does not count all juvenile offenders, but noted that there were more than 10,000 inmates under age 18 held in adult prisons and jails in 2002. The number of women in federal and state prisons reached 97,491.

About 10.4% of the entire African-American male population in the United States aged 25 to 29 was incarcerated, by far the largest racial or ethnic group—by comparison, 2.4% of Hispanic men and 1.2% of white men in that same age group were incarcerated. According to a report by the Justice Policy Institute in 2002, the number of black men in prison has grown to five times the rate it was twenty years ago. Today, more African-American men are in jail than in college. In 2000 there were 791,600 black men in prison and 603,032 enrolled in college. In 1980, there were 143,000 black men in prison and 463,700 enrolled in college.

Read more: Prison Population Exceeds Two Million — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0881455.html#ixzz1rtNpz8Fh

There is also a reason racial stereotypes exist. Would it be entirely out of question to think it's suspicious when you see someone walking through your community at 7pm at night in the rain who you do not know, nor recognize when there have already been recent break-ins. He could have just as easily been there to scope out the area for homes to break in had he been a criminal.

You are ignoring the facts of the case and making assumptions.

Quote:

Again, he had no reason to follow Martin. Where is this 911 call claiming that Martin was on top of Zimmerman? And furthermore, if there was a physical fight, how do we know Zimmerman didn't instigate it? Zimmerman was following Martin, which itself is a form of threatening behavior.

The witness told police when they came what he saw. We don't know whether or not Zimmerman instigated it, we only have the witness who stated he saw a younger man on top of an older man and went to call the police and Zimmerman's side of the story. Theorizing what could have happened does not change what we know so-far.

Quote:

Being mixed-race doesn't mean you can't be subtly racist. Have you heard the argument people like to use that goes "I'm not racist, I have plenty of black friends and acquaintances!"? Racism is a complicated thing, it's not always direct and it's not always black and white. (no pun intended) My mom can get along just fine with people of all races, but at the same time she tells me she wants to marry a white guy. My older sister is similar, she behaves perfectly fine with people of other races, but she clearly has a lot of racial biases.

Another thing... All this "I attacked in self-defense!" stuff from Zimmerman didn't come up until later. When he was initially brought into police questioning, that never came up. Seems pretty suspicious that NOW he's bringing up the self-defense thing.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/03/28/sanford_files/PoliceReports.pdf

Read the police report before you regurgitate more nonsense you've been fed.

Zimmerman was bleeding from his face and the back of his head as well as his back was wet from being on his back while Trayvon punched him. It also states he was yelling for someone to help him and no-one came to stop the fight. It was him against someone stronger than him and his life was at risk, especially with the handgun on him. Many people are killed from having their own weapons used against them, this could have just as easily turned into another such incident.

It was a fight for his life, he did not unjustly shoot Trayvon on the sidewalk and Trayvon held up his bag of skittles and iced tea which he lacked a receipt for in self-defense.

******** your racist defending a**.
Statistics that white people never quote.

Blessed Rogue

10,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
worse than i seem

Yet there is no blood on his clothing.

And with the way head wounds bleed...

Video showing possible head wound and police report saying he was bleeding and had a head wound.

Which, itself, works against Zimmerman. Legally, he still instigated the fight. The legal "wrong" is still on him.

He instigated the fight while reportedly walking back to his suv?

This assumes he was doing so. There's no substantial evidence of that. There is, however, CONCRETE PROOF that he was following Treyvon. Which basically means we have strong evidence that Treyvon's actions were legal, with no evidence that they were not.

But Trayvon was very close to where he was staying. He could have easily just gone there, he was definitely faster than Zimmerman. Instead he turned and confronted Zimmerman after he was reportedly heading back and asked him if he had a problem.

Not illegal. He had a right to confront his stalker. Zimmerman shouldn't have stalked the boy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

Sparkly Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
DlCK CATSTY
worse than i seem
DlCK CATSTY
worse than i seem
DlCK CATSTY
worse than i seem

Because people never lie.

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/evidence-that-trayvon-martin-doubled-back

I read, that is rough speculation at best.

Call me crazy but I think the more rational conclusion to come to is that the guy who always starts fights? Was the guy who started the fight.

Even if it's not the case, he only has his past behavior to blame for people making that assumption.

And it's a long history of past behavior.

And Trayvon's twitter didn't mention him swinging on a bus driver?

His cousin's twitter made reference, it was originally speculated to be why he was suspended. However, it was not. He was suspended for smoking weed on school property. We don't know how much truth there is too it.

Zimmerman on the other hand lost a job because he was too aggressive, was an abusive boyfriend according to his ex and made the smart decision of hitting a police officer.

It was actually his older brother's twitter which seems like a pretty credible source considering they are siblings.

Physically lashing out at a bud driver, doing drugs at school and vandalizing school property.

Both of the people involved had made poor decisions in the past and both did their part in what ultimately happened.

You should see the comments my brother and I leave on each others facebooks, it proves nothing. One tweet doesn't mean anything.

As far as weed and vandalism, well illegal they are not violent.

Also you are comparing actions of a teenager to actions of an adult.

At the end of the day I think Zimmerman was use to using violence and intimidation to get his way, he picked a fight he couldn't win and he freaked out.

I don't think he ever intended to kill anyone but he put himself in that situation with his own actions and someone ended up dead as a result.

He should be charged with second degree murder because he did murder someone.
Zimmerman should not have been charged with murder because Zimmerman should not of shot and killed someone. But he did and here we are.
Zimmerman's history really does not help him at all.

Also in all the states I've been to - neighborhood watch never carries a gun. Same for town wardens - they are just watch dogs who notify the authorities when they see something out of place.

For him to pursue in that manner in the first place is really a big ******** up and its obvious Zimmerman had no common sense. He looked for a fight.

So I really don't find any point in being the minor voice in this - right or wrong, he still shot somebody who was unarmed.

Lonely Dabbler

Phallic Wonderland

Looking at evidence released by the news rather than speculation about what may have happened, ignoring the victim's mother screaming Trayvon was murdered in cold blood and deciding for myself obviously makes me a racist.

Spoken like a true victim of white guilt.

Distinct Browser

10,150 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DlCK CATSTY
Phallic Wonderland

Looking at evidence released by the news rather than speculation about what may have happened, ignoring the victim's mother screaming Trayvon was murdered in cold blood and deciding for myself obviously makes me a racist.

Sorry, I don't have white guilt. If anything I feel bad for the Irish, they are still oppressed and were basically slaves for 400 years. But this proves that white people tend to make themselves look better, when this census is obviously pointing out that people of color are indeed becoming more successful and empathetic.

He used his weapon irresponsibly, I don't believe the 'evidence' because the 'evidence', aka what Zimmerman said, has changed.

Casey Anthony was guilty. She also got away with her crime. Even though this tactic was used similarly.

Lonely Dabbler

black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
black_wing_angel
DlCK CATSTY
worse than i seem

Yet there is no blood on his clothing.

And with the way head wounds bleed...

Video showing possible head wound and police report saying he was bleeding and had a head wound.

Which, itself, works against Zimmerman. Legally, he still instigated the fight. The legal "wrong" is still on him.

He instigated the fight while reportedly walking back to his suv?

This assumes he was doing so. There's no substantial evidence of that. There is, however, CONCRETE PROOF that he was following Treyvon. Which basically means we have strong evidence that Treyvon's actions were legal, with no evidence that they were not.

But Trayvon was very close to where he was staying. He could have easily just gone there, he was definitely faster than Zimmerman. Instead he turned and confronted Zimmerman after he was reportedly heading back and asked him if he had a problem.

Not illegal. He had a right to confront his stalker. Zimmerman shouldn't have stalked the boy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

FLORIDA

Section 784.048. STALKING; DEFINITIONS; PENALTIES. 1997.

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.

(b) "Course of conduct" means a pattern a conduct composed of series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "course of conduct." Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.

(c) "Credible threat" means a threat made with the intent to cause the person who is the target of the threat to reasonably fear for his or her safety. The threat must be against the life of, or a threat to cause bodily injury to, a person.

(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person, and makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury, commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(4) Any person who, after an injunction for protection against repeat violence pursuant to s. 784.046, or an injunction for protection against domestic violence pursuant to s. 741.30, or after any other court-imposed prohibition of conduct toward the subject person that person's property, knowingly, willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(5) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses a minor under 16 years of age commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, so. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(6) Any law enforcement officer may arrest, without a warrant, any person he or she has probable cause to believe has violated the provisions of this section.

Assuming he felt threatened he should have gone and called the police instead of turning around and punching Zimmerman in the face.

Lonely Dabbler

N3bu
Zimmerman should not have been charged with murder because Zimmerman should not of shot and killed someone. But he did and here we are.

And Trayvon should not have been on top of him punching him in the face before he was shot.
DlCK CATSTY
N3bu

And Trayvon should not have been on top of him punching him in the face before he was shot.

Because, even if that were true, shooting someone is the appropriate response to getting punched in the face.

Not you know, punching them back, or restraining them, no killing them is very appropriate.

At the very least Zimmerman should be charged with Murder for being a complete idiot.

Lonely Dabbler

Phallic Wonderland
DlCK CATSTY
Phallic Wonderland

Sorry, I don't have white guilt. If anything I feel bad for the Irish, they are still oppressed and were basically slaves for 400 years. But this proves that white people tend to make themselves look better, when this census is obviously pointing out that people of color are indeed becoming more successful and empathetic.

He used his weapon irresponsibly, I don't believe the 'evidence' because the 'evidence', aka what Zimmerman said, has changed.

Casey Anthony was guilty. She also got away with her crime. Even though this tactic was used similarly.

You make a post calling me a "******** racist" and then post a video calling white people alcoholics/drug addicts, mentally slow, ***** with herpes who don't go to church(and obviously not going to church makes you a horrible person rolleyes ) but you aren't feeling any white guilt.

White people are 72% of the US population, black people are 12%. Obviously there will be more white ***** than black *****, more white drug users than black drug users. But those statistics themselves are outdated and from 1993.

There are people of all races who are horrible people(I can name quite a few white ones) and deserve to die and there are people of all races who are good hardworking human beings.

There was an eye-witness who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman. Sounds to me like he used his weapon to preserve his life because one of them would be killed by it either way. It's unfortunate he brought it with him in the first place, though.
http://digg.com/newsbar/Politics/upi_zimmerman_told_police_trayvon_tried_to_grab_his_gun_before_he_fired_national_news
you're trolling, right?

no one is actually this stupid?

Lonely Dabbler

N3bu
DlCK CATSTY
N3bu

Because, even if that were true, shooting someone is the appropriate response to getting punched in the face.

Not you know, punching them back, or restraining them, no killing them is very appropriate.

At the very least Zimmerman should be charged with Murder for being a complete idiot.

When you are fearing for your life you can take any response necessary.

He tried calling for help while he was being attacked and his coward neighbors didn't come out and stop the fight. What would you do if you were in a fight with someone physically stronger and in much better shape than you and they smashed the back of your head off the sidewalk and the only means of stopping it was your gun?

Lonely Dabbler

silkandflowers
you're trolling, right?

no one is actually this stupid?

Classy.
DlCK CATSTY

When you are fearing for your life you can take any response necessary.

Doesn't that go both ways? I don't know about you, but when someone is following me, I feel as if my life is threatened. I don't know that person's intentions. I don't know if they have a gun or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games