Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Dabbler

Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY
Kasumi of Vientown
DlCK CATSTY
The Kel Tec PF9 is a poor man's subcompact pistol, in order for them to cycle you need to hold it properly.

Trayvon didn't even necessarily need to touch the slide for it to jam, it's hard to hold a small pistol properly in such a high stress situation and given the flaws of pistols that size it's easy to see how the there could have been a feeding failure resulting in a 300 dollar pistol jamming.

Do you think that it could have a feeding failure and still eject the spent casing during a struggle over the gun?

Yep, I've had it happen with a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm where it ejected the casing but failed to load a new round, not an actual round partially in the chamber with that pistol though it could easily happen with a more finicky pistol, and I have had a .22 lr jam with the new round stuck in the chamber partially many times.

While that does happen, those situations are usually when the magazine is lower on ammunition and is caused by a weak spring, not struggling over a firearm.

The Kel Tec PF9 isn't exactly known for it's reliability even when firing at the range in contrast to a self defense situation. There are many threads about this online and stories about them stove piping.

One reason I don't own Kel's. Springfields and Colts are my choices when it comes to handguns.

I want to get a full size handgun soon but I'm not sure what kind. I'm thinking about going for a Glock 19 maybe, I've heard good things about them but I'm not too big on the lack of a safety on Glocks.

What do you have?
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY

Yep, I've had it happen with a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm where it ejected the casing but failed to load a new round, not an actual round partially in the chamber with that pistol though it could easily happen with a more finicky pistol, and I have had a .22 lr jam with the new round stuck in the chamber partially many times.

While that does happen, those situations are usually when the magazine is lower on ammunition and is caused by a weak spring, not struggling over a firearm.

The Kel Tec PF9 isn't exactly known for it's reliability even when firing at the range in contrast to a self defense situation. There are many threads about this online and stories about them stove piping.

One reason I don't own Kel's. Springfields and Colts are my choices when it comes to handguns.

I want to get a full size handgun soon but I'm not sure what kind. I'm thinking about going for a Glock 19 maybe, I've heard good things about them but I'm not too big on the lack of a safety on Glocks.

What do you have?

Springfield XD in 9MM and old reliable, Colt 1911 in .45 for my current handguns. I do NOT like Glock.

Lonely Dabbler

Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY

What do you have?

Springfield XD in 9MM and old reliable, Colt 1911 in .45 for my current handguns. I do NOT like Glock.

I've never really liked Glocks either and always been more into the 1911 platform but lately I've had a change of heart.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
DlCK CATSTY
Kasumi of Vientown
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY

Thank you for your contributions there, lol. Eventually I plan to get a concealed weapons permit, but I'll probably get a pistol that is 22 caliber, since the ammo is cheaper, and for self-defense purposes I think it should be sufficient. I'd want to get one that's reliable though, so maybe a Winchester or a Remington.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use a .22 lr for self defense because the ammunition is cheaper and I've had a lot of .22 lr fail to fire after being struck with the firing pin. It can and has killed many people but it relies more on shot placement and people who are shot with it generally aren't incapacitated immediately because it doesn't carry the energy needed to produce enough trauma. 9mm is kind of the standard so personally I would want to go with one of those. I've never had a round of 9mm fail to fire, only a feeding problem once or twice but that's not the ammunition's fault. 9mm also has more energy and produces hydrostatic shock when it hits a target.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

I don't mean to come off rude or anything but I don't want you to get hurt if you needed it to defend your life.

There are a lot of different options for small 9mm handguns as well. I've heard the Glock 26 is good and they cost around $400 or so, but the best thing is to try as many as possible and see what suits you and is most reliable.

My concern is with recoil. I just don't want something that could hurt to shoot it, you know? What kind of recoil does a 9mm have?

Lonely Dabbler

Kasumi of Vientown
DlCK CATSTY
Kasumi of Vientown
DlCK CATSTY
Old Blue Collar Joe
DlCK CATSTY

Thank you for your contributions there, lol. Eventually I plan to get a concealed weapons permit, but I'll probably get a pistol that is 22 caliber, since the ammo is cheaper, and for self-defense purposes I think it should be sufficient. I'd want to get one that's reliable though, so maybe a Winchester or a Remington.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use a .22 lr for self defense because the ammunition is cheaper and I've had a lot of .22 lr fail to fire after being struck with the firing pin. It can and has killed many people but it relies more on shot placement and people who are shot with it generally aren't incapacitated immediately because it doesn't carry the energy needed to produce enough trauma. 9mm is kind of the standard so personally I would want to go with one of those. I've never had a round of 9mm fail to fire, only a feeding problem once or twice but that's not the ammunition's fault. 9mm also has more energy and produces hydrostatic shock when it hits a target.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

I don't mean to come off rude or anything but I don't want you to get hurt if you needed it to defend your life.

There are a lot of different options for small 9mm handguns as well. I've heard the Glock 26 is good and they cost around $400 or so, but the best thing is to try as many as possible and see what suits you and is most reliable.

My concern is with recoil. I just don't want something that could hurt to shoot it, you know? What kind of recoil does a 9mm have?

It's not very bad, it snaps but it isn't hard. My mom can shoot a 9mm no problem.

Friendly Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
While we are arguing about this, Obama passed the NDAA.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Hai Im Zero

NDAA isn't the worst thing that Obama has done. If you want to talk about the corruption in the Obama administration, you need only look at this article from Newsmax:
Quote:
Obama Spends $8.3 Billion to Hide Medicare Cuts

The Obama administration is spending $8.3 billion to hide a key provision of Obamacare — deep cuts in Medicare Advantage — until after the November election.

Medicare Advantage offers seniors the option of choosing private insurance companies as an alternative to the government-run Medicare insurance program. So far 12 million seniors have enrolled in the program.

But President Obama has attacked the program, stating in a 2009 speech that it offers “unwarranted subsidies” that “do everything to pad [insurance companies’] profits and nothing to improve your care.”

So it came as no surprise when Obama’s healthcare reform plan sliced $145 billion from Medicare Advantage over the next 10 years. Medicare’s own actuary reported that Obamacare would force more than 7 million seniors off their private plans and back into traditional Medicare as insurers flee the market, according to Investor’s Business Daily (IBD).

To hide the cuts from seniors who would face losing Medicare Advantage just before the November election, the administration pumped $8.3 billion back into the program through “bonuses” to Medicare Advantage plans.

Those “bonuses” will make up for more than 70 percent of Obamacare’s scheduled Medicare Advantage cuts, and keep the program running through the election.

The plan is so “transparently political” that the Government Accountability Office has urged the Health and Human Services Department to cancel it altogether, IBD reported, adding: “Canceling is just the beginning.

“The bigger question lawmakers must answer is this: Can it really be legal for a Cabinet agency to spend $8.3 billion in taxpayer money simply to help Obama get re-elected?”
Kasumi of Vientown
Hai Im Zero

NDAA isn't the worst thing that Obama has done. If you want to talk about the corruption in the Obama administration, you need only look at this article from Newsmax:
Quote:

The Obama administration is spending $8.3 billion to hide a key provision of Obamacare — deep cuts in Medicare Advantage — until after the November election.

Medicare Advantage offers seniors the option of choosing private insurance companies as an alternative to the government-run Medicare insurance program. So far 12 million seniors have enrolled in the program.

But President Obama has attacked the program, stating in a 2009 speech that it offers “unwarranted subsidies” that “do everything to pad [insurance companies’] profits and nothing to improve your care.”

If this claim is accurate, then IMO he's perfectly justified in slashing this program.

Though I presume the issue you're trying to draw here is his funnelling of some money back into it, as interpreted by pro-Republican critics of Obama. But these are guys who'll cite him for hypocrisy on the environment if he dares to flush after taking a s**t, and so should be considered with at least as much skepticism as you give to Obama.

Notwithstanding that this whole tangent is completely off topic.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Kaosgirl
Kasumi of Vientown
Hai Im Zero

Quote:

If this claim is accurate, then IMO he's perfectly justified in slashing this program.

Though I presume the issue you're trying to draw here is his funnelling of some money back into it, as interpreted by pro-Republican critics of Obama. But these are guys who'll cite him for hypocrisy on the environment if he dares to flush after taking a s**t, and so should be considered with at least as much skepticism as you give to Obama.

Notwithstanding that this whole tangent is completely off topic.
Wow, talk about overlooking the obvious, Kaos.

The thing is that Obama did something that was going to cause a bunch of seniors to lose their medicare advantage just before the election. He only put more money into it to make it so hat it wouldn't be an issue until after the election because he knew he'd lose votes.

Anyway, yeah, Obama is a little off topic unless we address how unethical it was for him and his wife to get involved in the case at all.

Lonely Dabbler

Newsmax hates Obama and has a plethora of articles about how he is "the most anti-religion president in history" because his administration said it was gender based discrimination not to hire female priests(we all know women are weaker than men and should be subservient, it says so in the bible, and so they obviously have no right to have council over anyone) and wants to tax the rich(clearly an attempt to destroy the upper class and turn America into a communist Dystopia) as well as how he hates the white race(despite being half white and being raised by the white side of his family) and is out to ruin your average American business(especially ones run by woman).

Huzzah politically unbiased news sources.
People bout damn lost their marbles with this Trayvon case. I wouldnt be surprised if strong aspects about Zimmerman's story do add up with the facts.

All the horrific hate crimes being done in the name of "justice for trayvon" should sicken everyone, and I blame the media for going out of their way to stoke the flames of racial divide and hatred.

I mean were lead to believe Zimmerman just decided to go up and execute a black kid? Is this what the evidence is going to show us? I mean, Im not saying its impossible...but it doesnt make any sense.
Pro Life Nymph
pockybot
People bout damn lost their marbles with this Trayvon case. I wouldnt be surprised if strong aspects about Zimmerman's story do add up with the facts.

All the horrific hate crimes being done in the name of "justice for trayvon" should sicken everyone, and I blame the media for going out of their way to stoke the flames of racial divide and hatred.

I mean were lead to believe Zimmerman just decided to go up and execute a black kid? Is this what the evidence is going to show us? I mean, Im not saying its impossible...but it doesnt make any sense.
Well, part of the problem is that Trayvon was a ******, and well, the only thing niggers know is violence. So, when one of them gets gunned down, niggers have to get violent in response. I'm shocked they haven't made themselves extinct with their violent, and thuggish ways

More black males are murdered each year, than all the US soldier deaths in Iraq/Afghanistan combined.

And since Trayvon's death, thousands of black babies have been aborted.

Again, to me this shows there is something very wrong in this country. I want to see all the money wasted on war to go to outreach programs. I want to see ACORN come back on steroids. I want to see factories and jobs come back, the kind where many whites and blacks worked proudly side by side at decades ago. I want to see major education reform. and if need be, more cops aggressively taking down drug pushers and gangs.

Lonely Dabbler

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kasumi of Vientown
Hai Im Zero

Quote:

So it came as no surprise when Obama’s healthcare reform plan sliced $145 billion from Medicare Advantage over the next 10 years. Medicare’s own actuary reported that Obamacare would force more than 7 million seniors off their private plans and back into traditional Medicare as insurers flee the market, according to Investor’s Business Daily (IBD).

To hide the cuts from seniors who would face losing Medicare Advantage just before the November election, the administration pumped $8.3 billion back into the program through “bonuses” to Medicare Advantage plans.

Those “bonuses” will make up for more than 70 percent of Obamacare’s scheduled Medicare Advantage cuts, and keep the program running through the election.

The plan is so “transparently political” that the Government Accountability Office has urged the Health and Human Services Department to cancel it altogether, IBD reported, adding: “Canceling is just the beginning.

“The bigger question lawmakers must answer is this: Can it really be legal for a Cabinet agency to spend $8.3 billion in taxpayer money simply to help Obama get re-elected?”
ROFL
You're gonna source Newsmax in a thread where you're complaining about media bias?????? I can't even take you seriously anymore. Newsmax is the most blatantly biased source for Faux News on this planet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff