Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let them be what they want to be.
I don't care if anyone is gay, strait, or whatever. People that like to ******** animals or inanimate objects are weird as hell though.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Viking Josh
I don't care if anyone is gay, strait, or whatever. People that like to ******** animals or inanimate objects are weird as hell though.

Right?? D: x.x

Dangerous Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
I would rather be hated for who I am...

There is nothing wrong with homosexuality. To those who would argue it is unnatural, consider this;

Homosexuality is found in over 1500 species. Homophobia is found in only 1. Which one seems unnatural now?

Oh, and as for religion, I think it's a big joke. I wont begrudge people their beliefs, but as soon as someone tries to shove their holy voodoo down my throat, someone's getting a boot up the a**. 3nodding

...than loved for who I am not...

Hilarious Prophet

Why God why?
Here's my two cents:

I don't care if someone's religion views homosexuality as a sin. If that's what they want to believe it is not my place to stop them. I only hope that their views change. I begin to have problems when others are forced to go by laws that cater to particular religions. Same-sex marriage is not legal in most of the U.S., because it is against the beliefs of certain religions. Here is my problem with that, some of us have different religions and some of us don't follow any religion at all. Why should everyone be forced to go by the rules of one religion? I'm not saying that ministers or priests should be forced to perform same-sex marriage when it is against their personal beliefs. That would make me a hypocrite, but those who have no problem with it should be allowed to marry two people of the same sex.

Anxious Noob

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I myself am all for homosexuality. I also support religion because the two can coexist, and Christianity is no exception. Don't believe me? The Episcopalian Church (which is my religious background) officially supports homosexuality.

Besides, religious institutions are one of the leading forces behind charity efforts. Should whether or not God exists in the empirical sense really matter if their impact on the community is still real?

My problem with shoving Christianity down peoples' throats lies more in the method than the principle. Unscrupulous Christians seek to indoctrinate people by devaluing them, by assuming that their target's culture is inferior or wicked. And it's not always done with ill intent. Many honestly believe that their religion is a gift to the people they wish to covert. European imperialism was full of devaluation of native culture. College preachers that call men perverts and women sluts demean their audience, but in their own way. It rarely ends well.

(The above is why I have a problem with the "I support traditional marriage" argument. Does supporting heterosexual marriage really require the marginalization of homosexual marriage?)

But the principle isn't much better. Would someone really be condemned to Hell by calling God the wrong name? If so, then I'm not sure if that is a God worth residing in Heaven with.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't belong to a religion but I do believe in god. I also believe that humanity should be able to coexist and get along with one another regardless of one's religious views, skin tone, political/cultural background or sexual orientation. If someone think's being gay/lesbian/bisexual is a sin and against their religion, I can respect their opinion. Just like I would respect a person's sexual orientation. Everyone has the right to an opinion. One thing I strongly disapprove of and will never understand is the hatred certain people have against homosexuals and the actions they take. What is it to you if a person loves another human being of the same sex? Who are you to judge? Why do you feel like you have the right to dictate someone elses life? I could never bring myself to hate a group of people I've never met because their sexuality differs from mine. To me that's just absurd. I would hate for someone I've never met, to tell me who I can or can't love or be with. It's nobody's business but my own, and since I'm a firm believer, it is only between me and god. Not me, god, and some judgmental, flaw, hating, third party.

Also, I'm not a lesbian but If I was hit on by another woman I would'nt be offended. I would actually be pretty flattered. Not relevant to the topic but for those of you on the first page who would be offended or uncomfortable by it.

Timid Gaian

None of these views are my own views.
If God created humans but was against homosexuality he would be against his own creation.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
deep red shadow
If God created humans but was against homosexuality he would be against his own creation.

Good point 3nodding I agree completely smile
Homoexuality is just another sexuality.

That people are "offended" by it are distressing and either ignorant, or stupid.

Religion the last remnant of a bygone time when people didn't understand the world and turned to storytellers and legends to make themselves feel safe. It will always serve its purpose as a historical event but to believe in it today is to believe in fables, and that's ridiculous.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Don't see why many people think that religion and homosexuality are somehow incompatible. I may be agnostic, but my choice had nothing to do with my religion... In religions, as in society in general, there are people who are intolerant, but that's their problem, and not necessarily the religion itself.

Except Catholicism - that s**t is ********.
My view? I believe all people have certain rights, regardless of their race, gender, sexuality, etc. I am a Muslim, and I have no problem with the LGBT community. Actually, I am a member of the GSA at my college. I believe in equality and freedom of choice.

1,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Religion sucks and is stupid. Homosexuality is just apart of life. People are attracted to whomever they are attracted to. Love is love. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff