Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you strangle a puppy for a million dollars?

Yes 0.35514018691589 35.5% [ 38 ]
No 0.51401869158878 51.4% [ 55 ]
Unsure 0.13084112149533 13.1% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 18 19 20 >

Fanatical Zealot

Well, you could reduce the moralistic side of it to "would you rather kill a person or a puppy?"

Considering the fact that I'd rather save a person and I could use that million dollars to do so it comes down to that.

But it comes down to killing an innocent individual to save another (but it's still a puppy), and in this situation it's theoretically avoidable.

In THAT case I'd still have to say- is it an evil puppy?

Fanatical Zealot

1. Say I'd do it for two million, but ask for the first million up front
2. Punch the guy in the face after I get the money, steal the money and the puppy and get away.
3. ...?
4. Profit.

Hilarious Genius

Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
I'd have to think about it actually.

Honestly i'd rather kill a person than a puppy, what did that puppy do to you?
I find it interesting how that changes things.

But thinking about it if someone actually had that kind of money and that was what I had to do I think I might, it would kill whats left of my soul but i'd do it.

I'd have to eat it after that though, waste not want not and all.

Why?

Got it's horrifying that such s**t like this pops up.

That's what makes the question fun!

Fanatical Zealot

Camillo
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
I'd have to think about it actually.

Honestly i'd rather kill a person than a puppy, what did that puppy do to you?
I find it interesting how that changes things.

But thinking about it if someone actually had that kind of money and that was what I had to do I think I might, it would kill whats left of my soul but i'd do it.

I'd have to eat it after that though, waste not want not and all.

Why?

Got it's horrifying that such s**t like this pops up.

That's what makes the question fun!

D:

Fanatical Zealot

Herm...

I'd wait until the puppy was 14 years old and close to dieing and before that, in it's sleep, I'd strangle it to death.

Win-win.

I just hope for the money up front.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

...Sorry, I missed what you said. Was busy strangling a pupp-... you were going to PAY me to do this?!
rofl
For a million dollars, I would do much worse so yeah I would. It's not evil or sick, it's practical. Besides millions of animals die every year from neglect or worse so why not be one who makes money from it?

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Well, you could reduce the moralistic side of it to "would you rather kill a person

YES!
mrgreen

Quote:
...or a puppy?"

Damn, I answered too soon.

Quote:

Considering the fact that I'd rather save a person and I could use that million dollars to do so it comes down to that.

But it comes down to killing an innocent individual to save another (but it's still a puppy), and in this situation it's theoretically avoidable.

An evil puppy?!
...My God... it could RULE THE UNIVERSE!!

Fanatical Zealot

AsuraSyn
Suicidesoldier#1
Well, you could reduce the moralistic side of it to "would you rather kill a person

YES!
mrgreen

Quote:
...or a puppy?"

Quote:

An evil puppy?!

Exactly, which would justify bringing it down, of course.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1
AsuraSyn
Suicidesoldier#1

YES!
mrgreen

Quote:
...or a puppy?"

Quote:

An evil puppy?!

Or we could join the evil puppy and rule the universe as Father and Son!
But seriously, much as I love puppies, I can't really see anyone turning down that kinda money. Yes it would be horrible and an emotionally scaring event, but a Lambo fixes all that!

Fanatical Zealot

AsuraSyn
Suicidesoldier#1
AsuraSyn
Suicidesoldier#1

YES!
mrgreen

Quote:
...or a puppy?"

Quote:

An evil puppy?!

Or we could join the evil puppy and rule the universe as Father and Son!
But seriously, much as I love puppies, I can't really see anyone turning down that kinda money. Yes it would be horrible and an emotionally scaring event, but a Lambo fixes all that!

I'm not interested in self propagating wealth- I would use the money to help the world.

First invest it into my one idea, once that idea made money put it into another, and then another, until I was a billionaire and lots of stuff was being produced by me, which sense I wouldn't be all stupid with it and be self serving it would help the world in the way I wanted.

Even so I find it questionable.

I would easily turn down the money.

My price is not something money can even come close to getting to.

As a matter of fact it's not even inside the same dimension, the same universe, like fitting a cube into a square, fundamentally impossible to do, they don't even come in contact; not a shield preventing it, not higher up, but a completely different set of reality, untouchable by such a thing.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm not interested in self propagating wealth- I would use the money to help the world.

First invest it into my one idea, once that idea made money put it into another, and then another, until I was a billionaire and lots of stuff was being produced by me, which sense I wouldn't be all stupid with it and be self serving it would help the world.

As a matter of fact it's not even inside the same dimension, the same universe, like fitting a cube into a square, fundamentally impossible to do, they don't even come in contact; not a shield preventing it, not higher up, but a completely different set of reality, untouchable by such a thing.

You realize a looooot of people say s**t like that till the guy with the dumptruck full of hundred dollar bills pulls up into their front yard.
People who say their dignity/silence/honor/whatever is/are not for sale have never been offered a legitimate amount of cash for it. In the abstract it's easy to stand firm but once you see that suitcase full of bills, it's a wee bit harder, which is why I find this scenario implausible.

Fanatical Zealot

I mean I thought about it. The U.S. is in Nation crippling debt, 14.5 trillion dollars in debt.

Even in theory if I had 800 trillion dollars, or 800 quadrillion dollars, where would the money come from? It's a bit simpler than that.

Money is artificial. Even with all the money in the world wouldn't idk, create inflation or, what real value would it have?

No I'd want straight up goods. Like Fusion reactors or space stations and things, or infinite energy, as even infinite funds would not mean exactly what I would want.

There is nothing money could really do for me, I exist outside that plane. I exist outside the box.

Now super powers, infinite energy drives gathering energy from a dimension which doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics, or being able to bend spend which in theory takes no energy? Now we're getting somewhere. I mean okay, the universe was created from nothing right, in the big bang- obviously it was possible to create something from nothing. Everything we know of obeys the laws of thermodynamics, but what if something does not, such as green matter, or some type of thing- obviously something had to give at one point or else we couldn't be here, so obviously there must be a way around it.

Fanatical Zealot

AsuraSyn
Suicidesoldier#1

First invest it into my one idea, once that idea made money put it into another, and then another, until I was a billionaire and lots of stuff was being produced by me, which sense I wouldn't be all stupid with it and be self serving it would help the world.

You realize a looooot of people say s**t like that till the guy with the dumptruck full of hundred dollar bills pulls up into their front yard.
People who say their dignity/silence/honor/whatever is/are not for sale have never been offered a legitimate amount of cash for it. In the abstract it's easy to stand firm but once you see that suitcase full of bills, it's a wee bit harder, which is why I find this scenario implausible.

I mean I thought about it. The U.S. is in Nation crippling debt, 14.5 trillion dollars in debt.

Even in theory if I had 800 trillion dollars, or 800 quadrillion dollars, where would the money come from? It's a bit simpler than that.

Money is artificial. Even with all the money in the world wouldn't idk, create inflation or, what real value would it have?

No I'd want straight up goods. Like Fusion reactors or space stations and things, or infinite energy, as even infinite funds would not mean exactly what I would want.

There is nothing money could really do for me, I exist outside that plane. I exist outside the box.

Now super powers, infinite energy drives gathering energy from a dimension which doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics, or being able to bend spend which in theory takes no energy? Now we're getting somewhere. I mean okay, the universe was created from nothing right, in the big bang- obviously it was possible to create something from nothing. Everything we know of obeys the laws of thermodynamics, but what if something does not, such as green matter, or some type of thing- obviously something had to give at one point or else we couldn't be here, so obviously there must be a way around it.
Suicidesoldier#1
1. Say I'd do it for two million, but ask for the first million up front
2. Punch the guy in the face after I get the money, steal the money and the puppy and get away.
3. ...?
4. Profit.

Genius.

I wouldn't kill the puppy because I wouldn't be able to, but I'd think about it. And I think a lot of other people here would think about it, even for a split second, because there's an incentive.

Question: What if killing the one puppy would give you money to save thousand of others from being euthanized?[/b[ <--- I didn't spell that right, did I?
I hate all the </3 votes on here, it's a valid question, I don't think anyone on here's planning on starting a puppy strangling business or anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff